Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    michelleeteemichelleetee Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    How do you download the Pet Store? we tried to do it with the link above, yet it claimed that the 20-character redemption key was invalid. However, there was no sign or indication that the Pet Store was downloaded. We did get the atomic age-themed pet items, though. What is the most detailed and sufficient way to install the Pet Store with our limited edition sims 3 pets?
  • Options
    skittlesgreycatskittlesgreycat Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I am having the same problem with Sims 3 Pets LE- I was given the atomic stuff right away but the store still hasn't been put in purchase history - it has been 10 minutes...
  • Options
    SodaPoprocksSodaPoprocks Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I contacted customer support for this and they have yet to help me. I have escalated this, which seems the only way to go. I am very upset about this poor service.
  • Options
    nhickcoxnhickcox Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I also have the same problem and have been trying to get it resolved for 6 days. Here is the latest information from today at 3:30pm. Hopefully this provides a little bit of clarification.
    EA: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is XXX how may I help you?
    Me: I spoke with someone on the phone last night about case XXX. I still do not have access to the Pets Limited Edition content. It was supposed to show up in my purchase history, but has not.
    EA: I would need some time to investigate this, please stay connected.
    Me: Sure. It appears that others on the Sims 3.com forums are also having this problem, if that helps your investigation.
    EA: On which console are you playing the game.
    Me: PC.
    EA: Please try to download the content from the purchase history.
    Me: It still doesn't show up in my purchase history.
    EA: when did you buy it?
    Me: I purchased the game on June 15th, 6 days ago.
    Me: I have registered it as directed via the instructions three times.
    EA: Please allow me to clarify that there is an temporary issue going on.
    EA: Our team is working on it.
    EA: it would get resolved very soon.
    Me: Okay. Do you think very soon is sometime today, or next week? Just an approximate time frame.
    EA: we do not have a fix ETA for it.
    EA: But it would be resolved very soon.
    EA: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Me: Yes, how will I know if it's been fixed? Will I be contacted?
    EA: It would be updated on the game forum.
    EA: You can check it from there.
    Me: So, just to be very clear. EA is aware of this exact problem and is working on a fix for it?
    EA: Yes we are working on it.
    Me: Great. Thank you very much for your assistance.
    EA: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
    Me: No, that is all.
    EA: If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us anytime!
    Me: Thank you.
    EA: have a good day.
    Me: You as well.
  • Options
    ShhhhScooterShhhhScooter Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    I am having the same problem with Sims 3 Pets LE- I was given the atomic stuff right away but the store still hasn't been put in purchase history - it has been 10 minutes...
    I have that same problem. I bought TS3 Pets LE four days ago and when I registered the game then all I got was the atomic items. I have been checking other post for people who have the same promblem since then. One said to enter the code for the venues in the same place I registered the game and then it should appear in purchase history but that didn't work either. It's very fustrating because the instuctions on the little flyer doesn't even work. It seems to be a circle going back to registering the game and not the content. Please fix this asap or at least before Oct 18!
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited June 2012
    Same issue as everyone else registered my game, put the limited edition code in, waited the five minutes and... nothing. So I too am waiting for a solution.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    KatarinareeKatarinaree Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I have the same issue as well. I contacted EA support twice and both times they "fixed" the issue. First they entered the code for me. I had to wait 24 hrs, but it was supposed to show up. They even had me reinstall the game to see if that was the issue, nope. Everything is installed. Everything is registered. I even received the Atomic Age-themed pet items. This is very frustrating.
  • Options
    KatarinareeKatarinaree Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    SimsMadxx1 wrote:
    hi does the sims 3 pets limited edition have a run out date sort of thing does redeeming the store run out, like if i were to get the sims 3 pets limited edition brand new on ebay would i still be able to get the pet store?? please reply asap!!!!

According to the leaflet that was in the box, the Limited Edition Content expires October 18, 2012.
  • Options
    rapyutarapyuta Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Much like everyone else, I'm having the same problem as well. The "Pet Store" isn't displaying in my "Purchase History" after purchasing the Limited Edition version of the Sims Pets expansion.

I registered both the red insert card's serial number as well as the instruction manual's serial number. I contacted customer support three times. The first time I was told to check my purchase history in 24hr and contact them again if the problem isn't resolved. The second time, they disconnected me after I said "Hi". And most recently they sent me on a wild goose chase telling me to call various retailers about the problem.

Is there any official world from the EA team over in Cali? Or ETA on resolving the issue?

Hope everyone gets this issue resolved soon :)!
  • Options
    SodaPoprocksSodaPoprocks Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    I will be putting a complaint in with the BBB if this is not resolved by the end of today. If we all file complaints they will have to fix it.
  • Options
    Jenny195555Jenny195555 Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Hello, My name is Jenny Smith I downloaded the EPSRGSet and the Pet shop is still not there.... So I downloaded it again... Still not there. download size was 2.01 mg and the set is called "Atomic Age Pets Registration.
    I downloaded it from this web site
    I love the Sims 3 Pets I am not angry, I just cant find the Pet Shop!

I got the Cat Park The Dog Park the Horse Arena and the Horse Stable but no Pet Store
    Please any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated
    Jenny Smith
    doc55@comcast.net
  • Options
    CymbelineCymbeline Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm also having the same issue. This is obviously not a "one off" but a rather serious problem for many. I have the atomic items but no pet shop. Seems this has been a problem for some time. Why no fix?
  • Options
    mqeliasmqelias Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I have installed and registered my Sims 3 Pets.. but i didnt get the Limited Edition Content. then I realized there is another code a 16 character code on the red piece of paper.. (I registered and install using the code at the back of the manual).. so how am i gonna get the LE content since the 16 character code can't be use to register
  • Options
    millican1953millican1953 Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2012
    I went to http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/petsredeem just as the red paper in my new game instructed.

When I arrived, it told me to register my game with a link, which I did. The Atomic pet stuff showed up in my purchase history, but no pet shop.

I went BACK to the redeem page, and on the off chance, re-registered my game with the red paper code. The code was accepted, but still no pet shop.

Please help.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I've been there for 30 minutes. No solution yet, but if enough people do it, they'll fix the problem.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I spent two hours with the Live Chat people. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

They ended up sending me to Origin, where I found both the regular Pets and Limited Edition Pets in the "My Games" area of my Origin account.

This happened because I followed the instructions on http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/petsredeem - which told me to register my game first.

Like every other Sims player, I used the registration code on the back of the installation guide folder inside my game box.

Had I known the web page did not give the correct instructions, I would have the Pet Shop now.

The problem, as I told the Live Chat people over and over, is a website problem, not a technical problem and not a user problem.

http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/petsredeem should be a place to redeem the special code on the red paper with the picture of the pet shop. Since it's not, anyone who has ever played the game is entering the installation registration code and losing the option to receive the Limited Edition Pet Shop.

Any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I spent two hours with the Live Chat people. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it.

They ended up sending me to Origin, where I found both the regular Pets and Limited Edition Pets in the "My Games" area of my Origin account.

This happened because I followed the instructions on http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/petsredeem - which told me to register my game first.

Like every other Sims player, I used the registration code on the back of the installation guide folder inside my game box.

Had I known the web page did not give the correct instructions, I would have the Pet Shop now.

The problem, as I told the Live Chat people over and over, is a website problem, not a technical problem and not a user problem.

http://www.thesims3.com/incentive/petsredeem should be a place to redeem the special code on the red paper with the picture of the pet shop. Since it's not, anyone who has ever played the game is entering the installation registration code and losing the option to receive the Limited Edition Pet Shop.

Any suggestions?

Absolutely no help from me other than to tell you that your three posts above could have been written by me. EVERYTHING is the same. I did EXACTLY what you did and now Origins has two Pets games on my account (one limited edition). Still no pet shop. So I agree that this is a web instruction issue, not a user issue.

Are you telling me that the live help person could not solve this for you? Now I am depressed. Really? Common EA!

I sent an email yesterday and have a very unhelpful "we will get back to you" response.
  • Options
    mqeliasmqelias Posts: 53 New Member
    edited June 2012
    If we don't get it.. It will be waste of a large some of money for us who live in area where our currency is lower than US.. like myself witch is triple the amount
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think I have the scoop now. Was told over the phone that the pet shop had many many issues and was taken down. You cannot download it. If you downloaded it before it was taken down, it is in your game and you can keep it though it could cause a game corruption.

When (if) EA fixes the pet shop issue, it will be put into your purchase history and you can download it then. No time for fixing it given.

This was the explanation given to me on the phone and it does seem to make sense. I am going to assume this is the correct explanation and stop trying to fix the issue and move on; though an official word from EA would have been nice. At least they should change the registration page.

TTFN
  • Options
    StrawberryPontaStrawberryPonta Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Cymbeline wrote:
    I think I have the scoop now. Was told over the phone that the pet shop had many many issues and was taken down. You cannot download it. If you downloaded it before it was taken down, it is in your game and you can keep it though it could cause a game corruption.

When (if) EA fixes the pet shop issue, it will be put into your purchase history and you can download it then. No time for fixing it given.

This was the explanation given to me on the phone and it does seem to make sense. I am going to assume this is the correct explanation and stop trying to fix the issue and move on; though an official word from EA would have been nice. At least they should change the registration page.

TTFN
    Thanks for sharing. I too have been having the same exact problem with not being able to get the limited edition content. And yes, it would have been nice to admit that the content has a problem instead of us all having to contact them with the same issue.
  • Options
    mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited June 2012

Any suggestions?

This is what I did? I am completely livid and angry with EA, I have been contacting them three times and still nothings happening. The first two times the live chat person said they have to send my issues to a Senior Representative, then I wait for two days only to get an email from SR saying that they "apologize for the inconvenience" and nothing else. The third time I was on the live chat for about two hours before they finally told me the same exact thing, I became fed up and started calling them on being incredibly incompetent and are basically stealing money out of consumers wallets, within no time they said that the Pet Store would be added to my Purchase History within the next couple of hours (I saved this conversation too just in case).

So it is already the next day, do you think I saw a Pet Store in my purchase history? I am getting really angry and I am not going to give up, I will do everything in my power to get what I want, AND it makes me even more upset that there are other people experiencing this problem and this game has been out for months now and its still not resolved? This is just so ridiculous. It is no wonder EA won the award for worst company in America.
  • Options
    mjloveralexiamjloveralexia Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    i regesterd my game but did nt get the pet store can u help PLEASSSSSSEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    edited July 2012
    Cymbeline wrote:

TTFN

Glad to know what the deal was, now I don't have to ask for a refund.

Thanks.
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png
  • Options
    Sheltons6Sheltons6 Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2012
    I also am still having this problem. I have contacted them. A couple times. And again to ask how everything is going and I didn't even get a response this time. It has been long enough to have had this fixed. 40$ for something that only half works. At least EA has been consistent all these years. Consistent with half slung products. I remember sims 2 patching.....the patch seemed to always break something else and then they'd have to patch the patch lol. I miss sims 1. Things worked back then. And the first sims console never broke my playstation like sims 2 did to my dvd drive. HEH, do any of you remember that whole mess? I must really seriously like the sims to be putting up with all this for the past decade. :-)

update:
    well I've been tossed a cookie, so I'll nibble on that while I wait. Still can't wait for my pet shop, but since I've recently obtained a new computer I'll just have to be happy with my pets having heads for the time being. (instead of black head like shadows with buggy regular eyes. lol it was weird. the whole body was fine, just the heads...totally my comp though and not the game. hehe it looked so odd that I only made black pets to cover it up. wish fluffy dogs were possible but the collars make the fur smoosh weird). :?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    BarkingKittenBarkingKitten Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    So i had recieved the wrong redemption style for my state (California) i was supposed to get a 16 digit code not a 20 digit code. I actually registered the limited content before I figured out that I was supposed to install it used the code on the red paper, not the how to install packet. The venue hasn't showed up in my purchase history even after i uninstalled the game and reinstalled using the code on the red paper.Help?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top