Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• bluepuppypawsbluepuppypaws Posts: 96 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I know, right? I stood up till 11:40 trying to get that shop. I wonder why they couldn't have just brought it in the game without having to purchase it from the online store...
    edited August 2012
    OMG! I found out my game came with 2 codes!!! Anyways, the point is that maybe this was the right code for the pet shop. I haven't tried it out yet, so incase you want to see if you do too, just look behind the pan-flip and there should be another code there!!! :lol:
  • jkbbljkbbl Posts: 13
    edited September 2012
    @bluepuppypaws I tried using the second code in the case unfortunately it did not get the pet shop in my purchase history =/. I guess i'll still have to wait.
  • alyson822alyson822 Posts: 3
    edited September 2012
    I'm having the same problem. It's at least slightly comforting to know that I didn't do something wrong and other people are having the same issue... sigh...
  • MiniBacaMiniBaca Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Hi I have a problem I bought the pets limited edition but I can´t download de petshop I followed all the steps but still it doesn´t appear I don´t know if it is because i live in Mexico city or what it is going on, also i have many problems whith the game.
    edited September 2012
    jkbbl wrote:
    @bluepuppypaws I tried using the second code in the case unfortunately it did not get the pet shop in my purchase history =/. I guess i'll still have to wait.
    yeah, I tried it after I posted that message, it still doesn't work for me either... I even contacted them and they said I would get an e-mail for it, but it's already been 3-4 days... :cry:
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi guys,

I'm working with CS on this fix, will update you guys once it is resolved.
    thanks

Don't think it got fixed yet ...
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• KnowNukesKnowNukes Posts: 57 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I wouldn't usually do this, but:

ME TOO!

I didn't specifically order the "Limited Edition" of Pets; when I ordered it from Amazon for $20 it was only listed as the Standard edition. But just like the time I ordered Showtime a while back (aslo on sale for $20 because I'm a cheap so-and-so,) it showed up as the Limited Edition. The links for the Showtime bonus content actually worked, though, so it's weird that EA can't sort out how to make this available somehow (wait, what am I saying; it's EA!) I think by now they should just provide it free now to anyone with Pets.

I also didn't get the usual link for the "Atomic Age" standard registration gift, although I eventually found it with Google.
    It was real easy to find an alternate source for downloading the pet shop (starts with "You" and ends with "Tube"). It doesn't seem to be an actual shop since there's no cash register but I haven't tried having a Sim visit in in Live mode yet.

• smartburnsmartburn Posts: 38 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hey gurus, how is the pet store fix coming along? If it's not resolved by 10/18/12, will those of us who have codes that expire on that date have the deadline extended to make up for it? Thanks...
  • djbubb99djbubb99 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited September 2012
    as we are all waiting for the petstore is everyone able to select the pet store lot type? When I go to edit town under the lot types I dont see the pet store lot type.
  • BunnyButterflyBunnyButterfly Posts: 1
    edited September 2012
    Just wanted to let someone know, I'm having the same problem! Registered the game on the website. Recieved the Atomic Aged-Themed pet items, but no pet shop. :cry:
    edited September 2012
    I hope they have some sort of thing to repay us by the date our codes expire. If they don't, that is just like, wow, messed up. They need to give us our items promised, because some of us (not me though, I really don't know who, but they must have) bought our limited edition stuff extra online. I haven't, but I saw bids on one online, so someone must have won it. I want my content!!! :evil:
  • ravenwynndravenwynnd Posts: 4
    edited September 2012
    :wink: :oops: I am a little disappointed that there were no Pet Buildings too. So I built my own Pet Shop. I built it on a Dog Park Lot. There were no Advantages to this teknique. I have all the terrariums, I have the IAMS bowls etc. I have the Pet Cash registers for sales. BUT STILL no ability to get Puppies or Kitties in the pet shop. and I did get to stock the Turtle terrarium. there was a selection of 3 turtles there. and I was able to stock 1 Bird Cage the choice at first was a Large bird or a Small bird, I chose a Small Bird, and then you get a choice of 3 small birds. If you choose to view the Ants they are in they're cages. but No Snakes, or anything else Live. With the Pet Cash Register in there I am able to sell Pet Items On Their List... Not necessarily what I stocked into the shop.

So Bump this Up for the Limited Edition Pet Shop that Never Showed up. :evil:
  • Alyssa_Sim_FreakAlyssa_Sim_Freak Posts: 6
    edited September 2012
    The pet store does not work for me after a lot of effort to try to get it. I have registered my game. I entered the code from the insert. The pet store is in my purchase history. When I click download, it shows that the pet store is downloading. Then, when the download is done, I click install and it says that the pet store is already installed. It shows up in the installed content, but then disappears from there and from downloads. The pet store never shows up in the game. I have repeated this procedure many many times, always with the same result: no pet store.

I have also spent much time on the EA site trying to find a way to get customer service and had the same success...zero.

What is the solution to this frustrating problem? I paid for this and would like to use what I paid for.
  • LuvtehGeeksLuvtehGeeks Posts: 1,663 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just got this to work, I registered the game a while back using the code on the black and white pamphlet and just went to the register a game on my page and put in the code from the red pamphlet, it put the pet store in my purchase history immediately :mrgreen:
    graphics-kisses-hugs-822976.gif
  • mahoarwimahoarwi Posts: 16
    edited September 2012
    i am thinking class action law suite for false advsrtising
  • Pandamuffin100Pandamuffin100 Posts: 659 New Member
    edited September 2012
    Hi, I would like to ask about this also. It has been a couple months now and I still don't have my pet store. When will this be resolved?

• smartburnsmartburn Posts: 38 New Member
    edited September 2012
    smartburn wrote:
    Hey gurus, how is the pet store fix coming along? If it's not resolved by 10/18/12, will those of us who have codes that expire on that date have the deadline extended to make up for it? Thanks...

I just tried registering *again* (this would be attempt #4 or so) in case I somehow didn't do it in the right order (which is silly but anyway) and it still didn't work...I know it's not me because my Supernatural limited edition content (which was handled differently in terms of registering and whatnot) showed up just fine, so I'm hoping there will be a plan to use that same mechanism as a fix.

I didn't pay anything extra for the limited content so I don't have much at stake here, but I did opt for the limited edition because it's an easy way to collect animals and I'm not much of a builder so it'd be nice to have everything in one handy-dandy spot without spending forever trying to make something that works, let alone look decent. I'll survive without it and I may even be a little satisfied if the pet register can be found in buydebug (and I'll admit I haven't looked yet), but the pet shop was the most heavily advertized benefit of getting the limited edition. I've never had a problem with other registration rewards on other EPs, and like I said, my Supernatural LE content worked out just fine...

Please help those of us who are clearly still having issues, even if it's just an acknowledgement that we're not whining without good reason for it. Thank you in advance.
  • haileyhorse329haileyhorse329 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    please visit my website

www.sims3horses.webs.com

I have horses for download they r beautiful

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MrsK521MrsK521 Posts: 2
    edited October 2012
    Just wanted to let someone know, I'm having the same problem! Registered the game on the website. Recieved the Atomic Aged-Themed pet items, but no pet shop. :cry:

Same here! This expires on Oct. 18th and i really want the actual pet store and all the extras!
  • Alyssa_Sim_FreakAlyssa_Sim_Freak Posts: 6
    edited October 2012
    My petshop now appears in my purchase history, but I cannot put it in the game. It does not appear in "Community Lots"...it is in "Buy Mode". I do not know how to place it in the game from here.
  • goddess0676smgoddess0676sm Posts: 3,330 Member
    edited October 2012
    I have been able to download the pet shop, but I still can't use it. The pet register and the paw shaped windows and doors do not show up in my game. They are replaced. The register especially makes it impossible for me to use, or build my own.

I have searched through the community items in buydebug, the register is not there. Neither is the special windows or door that comes with the pet shop.

If I try to download a pet shop created by another user that has the register in it, the register is also replaced by a microwave in my game.

No clue what to do about this. I have thought about calling CS but their technical skills leave something to be desired. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Grahams Pet store a couple times. Cleared my casche and even uninstalled and reinstalled pets. No luck.

Any ideas
  • HorseDragonCrazeHorseDragonCraze Posts: 15 New Member
    edited October 2012
    Question- I got my TS3 limited edition from a local GameStop. I got the code with it. I got a new computer and had to uninstall my game from the old one. I used thecode on there. I tried to register it with my new game, but it's telling me I have an invalid code... Is this a result of de-installing then re-installing?
  • littlelovelyukelittlelovelyuke Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    Well done, game productors.
    I'm Italian and there is the same problem (YOU DON'T SAY, THE STORE IS ON THE SAME SITE FOR EVERYONE) The "extra" store is going to disappear forever and I still don't have myt copy of it.
    I paid for it and I tried for MONTHS to solve my problem.
    I already have the iams and the other extra parts, but not what I really like to get from this game.
    I REALLY hope they will give us what WE PAID for.
  • JBAG521JBAG521 Posts: 2,783 Member
    edited October 2012
    I pre-ordered the Limited Edition Pets pack and got it on release day and I have the receipt to prove it (that and I ALWAYS preorder my games at EB Games here in Australia) and like the rest of you, Ive paid the extra $10 and STILL dont have the Pet Shop. Its too late now (ofcourse) because the code has expired. This is so wrong. Im sick of being continually ripped off by EA!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top