Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered

Comments

• Options
    tarsus50tarsus50 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2012
    So the not responding to any request for help and bouncing me all over heck and back was because they pulled the limited edition content but continue to sell the product under false pretenses?!
    If they are Not going to deliver on the sells promise made in print on the Limited edition packaging they owe me and every customer of this falsely labled and advertised product a huge rebate or equivilent in store credits pronto!!!! :evil:
  • Options
    Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    edited July 2012
    I just got my pc after not having one for almost a year... Was really looking forward to this special limited edition items... But nothing special is showing in my purchased history... That stinks! :roll:
  • Options
    LycoRobyn2LycoRobyn2 Posts: 51 Member
    edited July 2012
    I have apparently been having the same problem as everyone else, I'm really irritated that I spent hours on the chat with Ea and no resolution. They at least should have known about the pet store being removed!
  • Options
    Emma3510Emma3510 Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    What you do is, while your in your game, go to edit town on find an empty lot and change the lot type to "pet store". Next, at the you should three files Households, Empty Houses, and Community Lots. Select community lots and you should see "Graham's Pet Shop". Hope this helped!!!!
  • Options
    Emma3510Emma3510 Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Hi guys i had the same problem as all of you. While your in your game, go to edit town and find an empty lot and change the lot type to "pet store". Next, at the bottom you should see three files, Households, Empty Houses, Community Lots. Select Community lots and under that file you should see "Graham's Pet Shop". Finally place that in the empty lot you just changed. Hope this helped!!!!
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited July 2012
    Wow, wish I'd noticed this thread when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my pet shop. Thanks to all those who've taken the time to detail what they were going through with it.

Here's what was going on with my game:
    There's no "click to see more" thing on the Purchase History page, but it does let me download it.

Once downloaded, I install it (after having uninstalled the set properly, of course) and it shows up as installing "4" (the pet shop lot) and the set itself.

Ingame, the pet shop lot is totally missing (even if I do as a previous poster suggested and set the lot to type "Pet Shop" first). The register is missing as well. The other premium content is there--the window, dog bone rug, roof deco, etc--but not the register.

This is the weird part: lots that already had the pet register there still have it. My Nectary (uploaded in my studio) has the register, and it is indeed staffed by a Sim during working hours. But it doesn't sell the premium content, only "regular" pet content.

If I quit my game and then reopen my Launcher, the pet shop set is missing from Installed Content. In Downloads the set shows as uninstalled. If I try to reinstall it, the community lot shows up again all fat and happy, but the same issues persist ingame with it being missing.

If there is a corruption issue, then this better be fixed. I bought the pre-order to get this thing.

Seriously, this is terribly weird.
  • Options
    SimmyGrace218SimmyGrace218 Posts: 168 New Member
    edited July 2012
    So question: has the pet shop problem been fixed?

Just bought sims 3 pets and tried to follow the red cards instructions. Still no pet shop - I find it extremely annoying that I worked for over an hour to get this thing to download only to find it no longer exists......omg!
  • Options
    Pinkyhockey16Pinkyhockey16 Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Hi I just got bought the sims 3 pets limited edition and i registered the game and downloaded it, and i also put the code on the red sheet in the register game thing but it doesn't show up in my purchase history, help me please.
  • Options
    ShhhhScooterShhhhScooter Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Cymbeline wrote:
    I think I have the scoop now. Was told over the phone that the pet shop had many many issues and was taken down. You cannot download it. If you downloaded it before it was taken down, it is in your game and you can keep it though it could cause a game corruption.

When (if) EA fixes the pet shop issue, it will be put into your purchase history and you can download it then. No time for fixing it given.

This was the explanation given to me on the phone and it does seem to make sense. I am going to assume this is the correct explanation and stop trying to fix the issue and move on; though an official word from EA would have been nice. At least they should change the registration page.

TTFN

Thanks that helped clear a lot up! It's still frustrating to know they didn't just said that in the first place in a notice/message. They could have at least given you an estimate on when or if they will fix it. Hopefully it's really soon, the official notice and/or the solution.
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited July 2012
    Hi I just got bought the sims 3 pets limited edition and i registered the game and downloaded it, and i also put the code on the red sheet in the register game thing but it doesn't show up in my purchase history, help me please.

Same here. I bought a package LE edition, I registered it, and redeemed the code for the LE content, but it doesn't appear in my purchase history. I contacted EA but they don't understand, they think that I don't know how to register or redeem the code...
    I know all of that and I know how to use purchase history since I buy a lot of store contents... :(
  • Options
    kr8Rockskr8Rocks Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Hey I just got my Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition and I've registered and installed, as the instructions say are required before getting the limited content.

I have downloaded and installed the Atomic Age Pets bonus that come with registering the game, but when it comes to the Pet Venue I can't even see it in my Purchase History, is there something I can do?
    This happened yesterday and still no sign of the Pet Venue.
  • Options
    kr8Rockskr8Rocks Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2012
    chopin27 wrote:

Same here. I bought a package LE edition, I registered it, and redeemed the code for the LE content, but it doesn't appear in my purchase history. I contacted EA but they don't understand, they think that I don't know how to register or redeem the code...
    I know all of that and I know how to use purchase history since I buy a lot of store contents... :(

So does that mean there's no solution? I'm having the same problem it just won't appear in my Purchase History it's so annoying.
  • Options
    Vixenlover2012Vixenlover2012 Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    Every person seeing this problem needs to file a complaint with bbb.org. I just did mine. EA has an A rating and if they want to maintain this, and they get enough complaints, they will have to respond is some way. I'm asking for 100% refund of my original purchase price.

I used Electronic Arts, Inc.
    209 Redwood Shores Pkwy
    Redwood City CA 94065-1175 for the complaint.
    Do it to help yourselves and all future EA game purchasers. They need to resolve this.

Apparently EA does not have any people that know how to make their webpages work. The directions included with this flyer are completely incorrect as if you go to the webpage listed, it tells me to go and register the game, and I've done that over and over and over and it always tells me the Pets game code is incorrect.

So I go over to the help site, support.ea.com, but it my username and password and it says the service is unavailable. So I use a completely new email I've never used anywhere else (My private personal one) and try to register a new account and it says Service Unavailable." How stupid is this that a company like EA has their support site down? Just not acceptable.

Is there a fix for this EA or do we just ignore anything that claims to give free items as they are scams?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ChelleB24ChelleB24 Posts: 99 Member
    edited August 2012
    Also having the issue of not being to find Graham's Pet Store in my purchase history or in-game (have the LE).

Contacted EA ealier today and the rep I spoke to said he fixed it, but I'm still not seeing the pet store anywhere.

Can someone fix this already.
  • Options
    lwaterslwaters Posts: 1
    edited August 2012
    I have just bought the sims 3 pets limited edition. I have register my game and installed it on my computer, but i did not get a link to install my pet store. I followed the directions, but i never received a link to download my pet store. What do i have to do to get my pet store?
  • Options
    MizScoobusMizScoobus Posts: 277 Member
    edited August 2012
    I still can't figure out how to download the store. I got the space-themed bed and feeder, but that was it. I looked through my world editor folders, and still no pet shop. I have t he limited edition installed and registered, so why do I still not have my content?

The reason it's taken this long to install, etc. is because I've been almost a year and a half without a laptop, and I bought the game right before my computer broke. Did time run out on downloading the content or something?
  • Options
    chopin27chopin27 Posts: 764 Member
    edited August 2012
    ChelleB24 wrote:
    Also having the issue of not being to find Graham's Pet Store in my purchase history or in-game (have the LE).

Contacted EA ealier today and the rep I spoke to said he fixed it, but I'm still not seeing the pet store anywhere.

Can someone fix this already.

Nope, no reply for 10 days. :?
  • Options
    SIMGURURUSSKIISIMGURURUSSKII Posts: 1,247 SimGuru (retired)
    edited August 2012
    Hi guys,

I'm working with CS on this fix, will update you guys once it is resolved.
    thanks
  • Options
    MidnightSky78MidnightSky78 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if this helps anyone, but after installing and registering Pets and not having the pet store show up in my purchase history, I called EA's Technical Support Line listed on the game manual (number is listed as (650) 628-1001). I was told by a woman there that there have been some problems with the pet store content, and so it was - controversially - taken down for re-working? Apparently, it hasn't been available for months. :? Can anyone confirm or deny this?
  • Options
    MidnightSky78MidnightSky78 Posts: 83 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Whoops. Should've read back a few pages. Ignore my post above.
    Cymbeline wrote:
    I think I have the scoop now. Was told over the phone that the pet shop had many many issues and was taken down. You cannot download it. If you downloaded it before it was taken down, it is in your game and you can keep it though it could cause a game corruption.

When (if) EA fixes the pet shop issue, it will be put into your purchase history and you can download it then. No time for fixing it given.

This was the explanation given to me on the phone and it does seem to make sense. I am going to assume this is the correct explanation and stop trying to fix the issue and move on; though an official word from EA would have been nice. At least they should change the registration page.

TTFN

Thanks that helped clear a lot up! It's still frustrating to know they didn't just said that in the first place in a notice/message. They could have at least given you an estimate on when or if they will fix it. Hopefully it's really soon, the official notice and/or the solution.
  • Options
    PoohkaRabbitPoohkaRabbit Posts: 20 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Hi! I bought the Limited Edition, I installed & went to the location link & nothing. I've waited a day & there is still nothing in my purchase history. The only extra content I got was the following:
    Atomic Age Pets Registration gifts.

I just bought the game. Is the pet shop & other content no longer available? Thanks!

Just saw the post above, but I am now wondering, how do I purchase pets when my family was created without them? I don't want to adopt because of the lack of breed choices. Is there some way to buy or create one to integrate into the family or something? Thanks!
  • Options
    Silverstream3575Silverstream3575 Posts: 17
    edited August 2012
    Hi! I bought the Limited Edition, I installed & went to the location link & nothing. I've waited a day & there is still nothing in my purchase history. The only extra content I got was the following:
    Atomic Age Pets Registration gifts.

I just bought the game. Is the pet shop & other content no longer available? Thanks!

Just saw the post above, but I am now wondering, how do I purchase pets when my family was created without them? I don't want to adopt because of the lack of breed choices. Is there some way to buy or create one to integrate into the family or something? Thanks!

Once you have installed pets, go to 'edit town' and go to create a sim (CAS). Once you are in CAS you can choose to create not only human sims, but pet sims too- dogs, cats and horses. You can really customise each pet by doing this and the let shop is not necessary to do so! You won't be able to create a baby animal- puppy, kitten or foal- only adults and elders. Then just save the family you make to your Saves library and add them to your current household :)
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited August 2012
    Officially Weird:

On the PC, I reinstalled my entire Store purchases and the Pet Shop suddenly began showing up in Community Lots. I didn't remember to check on the register.

BUT:

On the Mac, when I tried to uninstall the Pet Shop, I got an error that there were no packages to be uninstalled, but the objects were still there (didn't remember to check either the lot or the register.. where is my head...). But when I clicked to install it, it said it was already installed.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi, I purchased The Sims 3 Pets Limited Edition and I fallowed the steps time after time and I still don't have the pet shop in my purchase history. I registered the game weeks ago and still nothing. what can I do considering the time limit is about to run out on the download?
  • Options
    HaphronHaphron Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2012
    Having the same issue as written above. Purchased the limited edition pet expansion , submitted the second registration code for the pet shop venue and recieved nothing. Called EA customer support the guy gave me a free fast lane expansion and appologized for the trouble and said he did everything he could to find the pet shop but said its like it never was in thier system. CS was great btw.

Before this weekend I only had Sims3 base game with ambitions. Having returned back to the hame because theres really nothing else game wise until Halo4 is released I decided my sims3 needed serious updating so this weekend I purchased:

24,000 sim points @the ea store
    generations
    pets limited editon
    showtime ce edition
    outdoor living
    world adventures
    lucky palms
    late night (purchased week before)

The cs rep at ea said was supposed to recieve the atomic pet items after registration. Ive checked several time under purchase history and there is no such items there to download.

kinda of a bummer for having just forked over close to 400.00 dollars of sims3 content in one day and the bonus items that are supposed to be available to download are not even there to claim.

I am having fun tho being able to upgrade my sim home with all of these expansions. If it wasnt for the warewolf email notification EA sent me i wouldnt have even thought about returning to check out the game again. but now that seasons is coming that sealed the deal for me to buy the above and get my sims back up to speed.

Of the expansions i bought i like bridgeport and generations the best.

So when is the eta on the Pet Venue to claim and download? expiration on the card says october 2012.

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top