Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEMS AFTER PATCH/ GENERATIONS? CRASH/ LAUNCHER ISSUES? - LOOK & SHARE HERE!

Comments

• Options
    420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Ok about ready to try and get the whole lot of Sims home. I did read Crinrict's Tutorial on Resetting the game to factory settings without reinstall. Not sure what a waits me.

Crinrict's is mostly for windows but some of methods can be applied to MAC.

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-resetting-game-to-factory.html

@Stinalina I will take screen shots along the way this time. At first I thought I had lost 3 of my Sims. but they and they clones were there, I use the space bar and I go to them. I only see the last 8 face icons. I also can tell which ones are new or old by the wishes. I save them of course the new sims have no saved wishes. As far as I can tell everything else is cloned including the entire personal inventory.

Took two Sims days but they are renamed. Tried a Save As got error 12. Trying to save the household to the library then see if I can upload the household to the exchange. I was able to get different screen shots of the original gang of 7 Sims and the gang of cloned 7 Sims. 14 Sims wheres the caffeine.

Ok save as, the attempt to get them the library failed. I do have screen shots. I will save a copy of the game file on a backup drive in case any SimGuru might want it. It starts with an hour to return home from Champs Les Sims.

Photos are loaded on to the exchange page. My Studio in the Media. Also other shots and videos of other issues since resolved.
    So looks like a new game is about to unfold.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited June 2011
    Does anyone else have issues, with downloading and installing from the Store? When i click download, it pops up with the Late Night icon saying it need updating when it doesn't, yet it lets me downloads 10% when doing so ingame.
  • Options
    StumbleduckStumbleduck Posts: 751 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina wrote:

Game crash issues

A lot of us are experiencing game crash while playing, a lot of different solutions are being suggested in this tread http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/379332.page

I also had this issue, but the last two times i played, i removed all my cache files before playing, and it did not crash. I still have memory notifications on. It did not crash creating a manual memory or in game options, as it did the first two times i played, without moving my cache files first.

Delete this files from you sims 3 folder:

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package

Try it, and please post if it works or not for you.

It did not work for me. If anything, my sims seemingly did a lot more glitching. (How that was possible I dunno)
    I can honestly say Generations killed my game (and my computer)
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm writing an e-mail to EA now. Including my problems.
    1. Exception raised, debug error.
    2. No screenshots saved.
    3. Sims won't age.
    Hope I get an answer soon. I plan on sending it tomorrow afternoon.
  • Options
    nghtstrnghtstr Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2011
    Well, I managed to get my game *somewhat* stable. How I managed to do this is I uninstalled everything, using the uninstaller provided. Then I reinstalled everything, and didn't do any patching. Then I used the patcher provided, and that got me up and running. I think what happened is that there were permissions and configurations that were not set correctly when I installed Generations. How this got by EA's Q&A is beyond me, but that is a discussion for a different day.

Now, I will continue to post things as I get the opportunity to do so.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey Folks,

I'm having a issue after a fresh install of The Sims 3 and expansions following the install of the latest Expansion Generations. I've been updating along the way.

When downloading from the store I get the error message saying "An update for The Sims 3 Late Night is now available" Do you want to download and install?"

If I click "No" it will not download the content, yet if i click yes it downloads, attempts to install then gives me the error message "Some of the files have been modified" please re-install" then quits.

I've attempted to fix the issue with the base patch EA released but does not work, Any help would be appreciated because I'm stumped on this one.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    The new Game is working fine. No more 14 sims in one house. I am wondering if this will happen again on the next return home from vacation. Time will tell.

The dishwasher issue is still present. I have noticed that it is possible to now place a dishwasher anywhere on the lot and does not need to be in a cabinet any longer.

I have not moved up to Generations and do not plan to anytime soon. I did need to total uninstall and install my whole game after the first update release, but the follow up has been working fine only one crash. I have turn off shopping but have memories notices still turned on.
  • Options
    MALAiA46MALAiA46 Posts: 1,436 Member
    edited June 2011
    Does removing the cache files work? What does it do?...
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2011
    MALAiA46 wrote:
    Does removing the cache files work? What does it do?...

For me it only makes my game a little faster.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey everyone, thanks for your posts and sorry about my absence. I'v got ridiculously sick, so i haven't really been able to follow up, but i think the worse is over now and soon i will be able to read and write coherent again. Just keep posting and i will be back soon.
  • Options
    patstatspatstats Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2011
    Two problems noted:
    1.) I loaded Generations but some of my Sims Saves were grayed out afterward. The Saved Sims games were games that were located in both Riverview and Barnacle Bay. I got an error message that said the game (I'm paraphrasing now not being able to recall the exact error message) was no longer compatible as it was from a previous expansion pack. I did do an uninstall/reinstall prior to receiving those messages.

2.) My download item tabs are missing from the launcher! (Lots, Objects, etc. Tabs to filter downloaded content, that is.) When looking for Riverview and Barnacle Bay to reload them, I discovered I couldn't search for items by category.

3.) The game crashes when I tried to reinstall Riverview, and again when I tried to reinstall Barnacle Bay. Are these no longer compatible? Must I go through some of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with Barnacle Bay as others have?

4.) Oh yeah, one more thing...when trying to create a new game, I only have the option of Sunset Valley, Twinbrooks or Bridgeport.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Simmering since the beginning!
  • Options
    irishswtpeairishswtpea Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I've had a few problems since I installed Generations and the new update:

1) There's a problem taking photos while on vacation or in town. My sim gets stuck, and then when I try to x out of the activity, Generations crashes and I lose everything.
    2) My butler seems to disappear. Literally. After a few days, he's gone, even though it still says he's employed by me in my phone. After a week and a half or so of him missing, I can hire a new one.
    3) Just like some other people, when I try to purchase anything in the in-game store, the item never downloads and the program freezes and crashes.
    4) Sometimes the game won't save (a save file error). I try to save it, especially after editing a lot I've purchased, and I lose everything because it refuses to save (while going to edit town or just saving in general).
    5) My sim disappears when going on vacation, and I lose all my progress and have to reload him from the library.

So, that's it. Between my roommate and I, we've had a lot of problems with the new update. I hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Just tried to look at what memories had been stored and crash. I was given a read write error it asked it I wanted to debug it yes or no either answer crashes the game for me. I have not tried to upload any memories and have since turned memory notification off.
  • Options
    PemulisPemulis Posts: 15
    edited June 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    2 the second just started and not sure why. I have 7 Sims trying to return from Champs Les Sims. Once they get back to Riverview I only have 4 of the original Sims but two of each, giving me 8 sims in my house.
    I still get frooze and invisable sims but resetSim code seems to work it out for a couple of hours of play.

Yeah, I had the same problem. You get back from vacation and you have impostors in your house. I moved the two impostors out by editing the neighborhood, and then saw that my vacationers were eligible to go right back to France. But after France loaded, neither of my sims was there.

I ended up just saving the household and starting a new town with my current family.
  • Options
    d0ct0rpusd0ct0rpus Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey guys,
    I haven't been following this thread but I thought I'd share my fix with you guys (It's probably been mentioned)

I was having some unhandled page/ exception raised errors along with nasty crashes and some launcher issues.

A combination of clearing my caches and removing my game mods ( not the cc, just mods that effect game play such as twallan's story progression.) fixed my problems 100%.

Twallan's master controller, a MTS mod same gains for all beds and treeag's book of talent all remain intact and cause no issues. edit: i forgot to mention my slider hack as well.

My game has been running normally/very well since I did this, no issues at all.

Idk if this will help any of you but I thought I'd toss it out there anyway.

Good luck! <3

KatieAnne.
    (Running TS3, WA, AMB & OLS on an iMac)
  • Options
    JanetftJanetft Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Had the same problems...installed and patched twice and nearly broke down when it crashed AGAIN. Cleaned up my cache (deleted the 4 files) and now (knock on wood), its working and am off to China. Still have 2 vacation days and am praying I get to go home without any glitches. How does deleting the cache help the game??

• Options
    kpants007kpants007 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    patstats wrote:
    Two problems noted:
    1.) I loaded Generations but some of my Sims Saves were grayed out afterward. The Saved Sims games were games that were located in both Riverview and Barnacle Bay. I got an error message that said the game (I'm paraphrasing now not being able to recall the exact error message) was no longer compatible as it was from a previous expansion pack. I did do an uninstall/reinstall prior to receiving those messages.

2.) My download item tabs are missing from the launcher! (Lots, Objects, etc. Tabs to filter downloaded content, that is.) When looking for Riverview and Barnacle Bay to reload them, I discovered I couldn't search for items by category.

3.) The game crashes when I tried to reinstall Riverview, and again when I tried to reinstall Barnacle Bay. Are these no longer compatible? Must I go through some of the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 with Barnacle Bay as others have?

4.) Oh yeah, one more thing...when trying to create a new game, I only have the option of Sunset Valley, Twinbrooks or Bridgeport.

This is the exact problem I'm having. Let me know if you find a solution. I've been in contact with support all week and they've yet to say anything useful.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    d0ct0rpus wrote:
    Hey guys,
    I haven't been following this thread but I thought I'd share my fix with you guys (It's probably been mentioned)

I was having some unhandled page/ exception raised errors along with nasty crashes and some launcher issues.

A combination of clearing my caches and removing my game mods ( not the cc, just mods that effect game play such as twallan's story progression.) fixed my problems 100%.

Twallan's master controller, a MTS mod same gains for all beds and treeag's book of talent all remain intact and cause no issues. edit: i forgot to mention my slider hack as well.

My game has been running normally/very well since I did this, no issues at all.

Idk if this will help any of you but I thought I'd toss it out there anyway.

Good luck! <3

KatieAnne.
    (Running TS3, WA, AMB & OLS on an iMac)

I have the exception raised error, and i tried playing without my mods, and it still did the same thing. Didnt work for me. I dont think its the cc because many people have the same problem with no cc or mods in their game....
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Ima try deleting my cache files and let you know if it works...
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I did it, but my game still has the exception raised error :(
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    My game works great now! No more exception raised error! All i did was remove the mods folder from my sims 3 folder and disable cc from the launcher. So basically, no cc, but a great working game! Oh well...
    I will have cc from the sims 3 store though :)
  • Options
    DarkiDarki Posts: 145 New Member
    edited June 2011
    my game turns horribly laggy, unplayable, and when I turn it off my laptop is unresponsive.
    My game freezes to the point where I have to force shut down my mac.

i have abstained myself from playing because of this.

there goes $200. Thanks EA.
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited June 2011
    bookmark this
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi everyone, im getting better, so here a little update.

Thanks for all the posts on your progress, - or not... How are your games working now?

I did a few different tests, but in a new town: I tried to turn of the in game store, still removing me cache files before each game. (@ janetft i cant remember the tech explanation to what it does, but it is recommended to remove them before each game.) It seem to make the crash less common. - I even left the game open over night, it got paused by a opportunity call, but did not crash during the night. - But it did later when i had a look in the memories. - I have not turned off the notification yet, cause i wanted to try the store option alone first.

I also tried to take a trip to China - first time my game crashed, but second time my sims made it back home without a crash, but the game was even more slow, and froze every other minute!. - I did not see any doubles, but closed my game right after, so have to check up on it next time i open my game.

Im still having a laggy game and finding new bugs, specially related to the ambitions careers. There are so many! But I will post them in crinrichts tread in the generation forum.

Knazzer do you still have store downloading problems? Have you tried the steps suggested at page 1?
    - Iv heard of others, like you, sometimes having problems downloading from the store, but not sure if the steps suggested will fix this when it seem random, if its a bug/glitch from the patch.

4200Sim i got the same kind of game crash last time i decided to open a memory to share it... Really think all we can do it wait for that patch. Im still in contact with support, but no news on a patch...

@ d0ct0rpus thanks for sharing. I have no mods or 3. party CC in my game anymore, so the problems seem to be EA related, but the mods should need updates to work with a new patch. You can go to crinrichts link where the latest updates to mods get posted.

MALAIA46 im happy your game work again. - Must be a miracle! :)

EA where is the patch?
  • Options
    timcartimcar Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    Hi,
    After buying the sims 3 generations, i feel as if the needs go down a lot faster. I used to be able to wait hours befor my sims needed fed, but now the hunger bar along with the others go down minutes after I take care of them. I love the Sims 3 for the fact that you don't need to take care of them as much as you did on the sims 2.
    I don't know if it was the Patch or the game but i would love it if it could be fixed.
    Thank you