Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEMS AFTER PATCH/ GENERATIONS? CRASH/ LAUNCHER ISSUES? - LOOK & SHARE HERE!

Comments

• Options
    CaliWavesCaliWaves Posts: 619
    edited June 2011
    The first day I played with Generations everything was fine, but the next day I played it one of my toddlers disappeared and then my game started crashing every 15 minutes. It doesn't seem to matter what my sims are doing. If they are going to the grocery store- it crashes, if they are playing the guitar- it crashes. Sometimes my sims are just eating and the game crashes with the unhandled page fault message. I think it's getting ridiculous. I love the game, but they really have to fix these problems.
  • Options
    nghtstrnghtstr Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have an even more bizarre issue. I have two screenshots showing what is happening to me. The first shows that apparently my Mac is not supported for Sims 3?? (Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8 GHz with 4 GB of RAM. Not a slow machine by any standard).

9Swp3g

The second shows that my icon has shifted to an incompatible one:

9Swp4r
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited June 2011
    For what it's worth, here's a link to all the seperate patches for each Sims 3 game, EP, and SP. I got them from modthesims help forum through the simswiki. You can search for superpatch if you like.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download/Current

My PC is working well now that I manually patched each EP and SP and added the TS3W.exe to DEP list.

My mac won't even recognize the discs. I can't play the game or use the launcher.

I think the problem resides in the new exe location in the base game. I am thinking about just uninstalling the SPs and trying to play just the patched base game. It is better than nothing.
  • Options
    yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2011
    For those who have a game that slows or crashes, try disabling the function Buy /Store in the options menu, disable the notifications of memories too, it works better for me ...

Someone noticed that the classification of objects disappeared from the launcher in the latest version? or is it just me who badly patched my game as I have reinstalled everything? :roll: :mrgreen:
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • Options
    WhisperDharmaWhisperDharma Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I have not installed the last two patches (I think. I'm pretty sure 1.18 is the last one I loaded), and I'm getting the Exception Raised Errors. It has not happened during game play, but upon exit.

When I click to start the game, I get the grey dialog box telling me there is an update available. When the launcher starts, I get the blue dialog box telling me there is an update available.

My game is playable at least, but I assume I won't be able to install Late Night (which I have purchased) or Generations at this point.

Just adding to the list. :)
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2011
    My game keeps crashing when I try to open the memory-thing. My game minimizes and I get a screen with this:
    Exception Raised
    Unhandled Page Fault on read access to 0x00000 at address 0x00ce2lb9
    Do you wish to debug?
    Yes or No

Either clicking Yes and No results in my game closing itself. I have no downloads in my game, so that's not the problem, but the game does create some .bin files in my download folder.
  • Options
    FlightlingFlightling Posts: 283 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I can no longer take screenshots since the new patch, the notification comes up saying 'screenshot saved to launcher' but the screenshots never do save to the launcher. I can still take videos, but they aren't compatible with any applications I have, so they're useless anyhow. Also I can no longer download anything, a little popup error message appears saying 'unknown error' :x getting frustrated.

Edit: I just fixed the downloading thing . . . WA needed to be updated evidently :/
  • Options
    256Iris256256Iris256 Posts: 170 Member
    edited June 2011
    How did you fix the screenshot thing? I'm having that problem right now.
  • Options
    xXPandoraXxxXPandoraXx Posts: 28 Member
    edited June 2011
    I have the "Exception raised" error message, too. Today I also received "Disc Authorization Failure" although I've purchased the game legally! Generations is the buggiest sims game I've ever had... :?
    Let children ride bikes! Let sims have actual one-sided relationships!
  • Options
    420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Great reason to hold off on buying Generations. BOYCOTT The new releases until EA Gets it RIGHT. MAC users need to stop spending money on bad products it's the only way to get it accros.
  • Options
    StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited June 2011
    Thanks to all of you for adding your issues! :)

Last time i talked to support they did tell me EA was working on patch, but could not tell me when it would be ready, but it sure would be nice to see some response here from guru's to let us know they keep an eye on our problems. Support also told me they never had this many Mac players reporting problems before, so they are aware of us having major issues.

I dont know if any of you use crinrict's tread in the generation forum, but she is doing an amazing job gathering all the bugs that are occurring on both Mac and PC's.
    420Sim wrote:
    here are a couple of problems I have found.
    1 There appears to be a problem with the dishwashers. I have both indoor and outdoor kitchens, it appears that only one of the indoor dishwashers works even if more than one are present. The dishes outdoors never get cleaned up, I must drag them to the indoor kitchen and then the sim can place them in the indoor dishwashers.
    2 the second just started and not sure why. I have 7 Sims trying to return from Champs Les Sims. Once they get back to Riverview I only have 4 of the original Sims but two of each, giving me 8 sims in my house.
    I still get frooze and invisable sims but resetSim code seems to work it out for a couple of hours of play.

The issues you have i have not heard about before and dont think they are on crincricts list, if you want to add them to her list, this is the link:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/377927.page

-Others are having problems with sims disappearing when traveling, but i dont think in that version.

Last night i tried to make my sims travel myself to see how it went, but i dont know if they would have made it home, cause my game crashed again. - Got the Exception error raised- notification. :(

AlexRoz9 im not as technical as you, so i cant say if its like that or not, but it sure sound interesting if thats the case! - Thanks for sharing!

nghtstr i cant see your pictures, but maybe its just me having site issues as well? :roll:

Not a long ago we had a tread here in the Mac forum discussing the issue about Mac not seem to be official compatible with Sims 3!! :shock: A guru provided some answers, but to me its still a open issue!

Ciane thank you for adding the link.

Yoda i actually also miss my index in the launcher! Makes it a lot more difficult to delete the right things etc.!
    Thanks for the tip about disable the store, i will try that!

Flightling i have some issues with some pictures not being saved either, it seem very random in my case. Thanks for adding.

Im sorry for all your problems, but thanks to all of you for taking your time to post about it.

420Sim i do agree with you, and did not buy anything since all the problems with LN, but when Generations came, i could not resist, and now my game is worse than ever before :roll:

It is sad that we have to do EA's work after they release it! - If its not ready dont release it!

• Options
    edited June 2011

I have just stumpled accros this link. It does cover several of the problems talked about her one beinging Cloning upon return from traveling. I am about to try this and see what happens.

@Stinalina, thank you, I did not post my problems seeing they were arleady listed. I think I found some solutions on the link listed below.

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/bug-clones.html
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for posting crincrict's help blog, she is the same i just linked to in the Generation forum, she does an amazing job. But she dont know much about Mac and it was actually her suggesting me to start this tread in the Mac forum :) For the special Mac issues.

But there are a lot of overlapping Mac-PC issues she can help with and its absolutely worth looking at.

As mentioned in my above post, if you have general bugs etc. you should add them to her tread in the generation forum, just remember to read her first page posts so you dont post about already known issues :)
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @Stinalina just got done trying the fix of removing dups from library. I am still getting clones upon return to Riverview from Champs Les Sims. I think the only way to fix this now is stripe the game and rebuild the games. I do have most of my changed lots saved to the library. If I reinstall the saved homes families community, will I carry any of the problems forward. I more than likely will not bring my saved saves file from the backup disk.

I first must make up my mind if I want to rebuild for the atleast the 7th time or take it out all together and move on.

• Options
    edited June 2011
    420Sim When i follow crinricts step you should unfortunately have the unfixable version!

Therefore i dont think it will change unless you do what you suggest. - But thats really sad if you have to do that! :(
    - How about just moving the doubles to a household - maybe without doors so you want meet them around in town??! :) - or is it all sims that now have clones?
    - Only problem; i have no idea if the mode of the trapped sims clones will affect those you play...!?

Or how about just looking in a new town, are there doubles there too? Its less drastic just changing town than rebuilding your entire game.

I think i would make the experiments first, before you ruin you game, just to see if its possible.

Good luck! :D
  • Options
    FlightlingFlightling Posts: 283 New Member
    edited June 2011
    256Iris256 wrote:
    How did you fix the screenshot thing? I'm having that problem right now.

Sorry if I quoted wrong :oops:

I only fixed the download problem, not the screenshot one, screenshots still broken. I'm sorry you have it too *sigh*
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @Stinalina I only have one town or game that I am playing because of this issue and having to rebuild all the time. my verison is 7.2.7.011031, would this be the most updated version I have all expanison pack except Ambitions and Generations. When I download to the exchange it is telling me my game is out of date. Does this make sense? Does it need an update?
  • Options
    katiebalmerkatiebalmer Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    i have just purchased my copy of the sims 3 generations for what i consider to be a lot of money. i get home, i go to install it and it doesn't work. i'm absolutely furious as i have now spent 3 hours attempting to work out what has gone wrong, i should not have to do that with a brand new game. i have installed it with no problem, i have the sims 3 installed and every time i go to update my game it won't let me. when i go to launch it says 'Unable to start game
    Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)'. i've now gotta wait for a patch to download. anyone had the same problems?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @katiebaimer there is a post at the beginning look for Stinalina post this may help. Everyone has some sort of issue. Thanks EA.

MAC users I still think BOYCOTT new products, the store till EA gets it together.
  • Options
    SimsFan619SimsFan619 Posts: 1,320
    edited June 2011
    The classification of items has disappeared from my launcher too and I thought I was the only one that was having that problem. That's a very useful tool to have especially since I want to upload screenshots, but can't. I hope that this issue and all of the other issues that Mac users are having with the game are fixed soon.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina thank you for all the answers! :-) It seems I found a solution!
    1)
    I deleted all preferences: system / user / Library / Preferences:
    com.transgaming.thesims3.plist ;
    com.transgaming.thesims3ep04.plist , etc …
    and
    Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3: (4 files)
    simCompositorCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    CASPartCache.package
    scriptCache.package

2)
    I just re-install yet the latest EP Generation. Apply the latest manual patch that I downloaded here (it's also update the other EP installed) I disabled the function of the Store and it's playable. The game has found a bit more fluidity. The game crashes less but it still crashes. There are no more categories in the launcher, but it works! - Before installing Generation and updates the game was very stable. :? - My Mac Os 10.6.7 is up to date.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    @Stinalina. I also found a different site, found some good cache tutorials which I will post. From this I found that items were missing (clothing) this could be why my sims dissapear.

On my last attempt to come home I did find the 3 missing sims also came back to riverview, I just don't have control of them but I see their green round icons, faces and names if I move the cursor over them. I am about to copy the game then try with the copy to see if I can rename and move 1 of ea 4 sets of clones out of my house. I also found other missing content and spent the time to redown load and install.

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Game_Problem
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Still waiting for the game to get home. My god this takes forever ever since the patch.
    Have turned off shopping and cleaned correct caches out.

Well all 14 of my sims are back Home. I guess I better remodel their digs.
    Hope I can get 7 clones to move.

Have renamed 6 of the clones and I'm in the process of splitting out the clones with new names.
    Right now appears stalled, hoping not got error 12 when trying to save after name changes.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    420Sim its great you keep posting on your progress. Im sure others with this issue can learn from it. I hope it works out? When i sent my sims to China last time i played it also took forever for them to reach it, i almost thought it died while loading. - And well i never got to see them to go back... :roll:

Cant help thinking it sound a little funny and creepy to have so many clones! - Any chance you have a picture? :)

And thanks for redirecting the help seeking simmer.

Yoda thanks for sharing, but im not completely sure what it helped out with?! :) - That your game is running better now? - Should i add it to the first post? :)

• Options
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina wrote:
    420Sim its great you keep posting on your progress. Im sure others with this issue can learn from it. I hope it works out? When i sent my sims to China last time i played it also took forever for them to reach it, i almost thought it died while loading. - And well i never got to see them to go back... :roll:

Cant help thinking it sound a little funny and creepy to have so many clones! - Any chance you have a picture? :)

And thanks for redirecting the help seeking simmer.

Yoda thanks for sharing, but im not completely sure what it helped out with?! :) - That your game is running better now? - Should i add it to the first post? :)
    No, I'm not sure this help a lot! :mrgreen: My game was running better yesterday after deleted all preferences files, a little slow but it's because my computer is a bit old! I forgot to mention that I reinstalled a few mods updated too. But with or without mods it still crashes from time to time, and before sharing a memory, I save every time! Now I can't play with Sims for personal reasons, not before Thursday or Friday ...