Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEMS AFTER PATCH/ GENERATIONS? CRASH/ LAUNCHER ISSUES? - LOOK & SHARE HERE!

Comments

• thatkrissychickthatkrissychick Posts: 11
    edited July 2011
    Well they've came out with a patch...but for some reason my launcher won't let me install it...I click OK and it doesn't do anything so I tried going to the updates tab and clicking update game and it just refreshes the page?! :( I've even tried the manual fix under the help section and it tells me the link isn't found. what do I do now?
  • 420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Well they've came out with a patch...but for some reason my launcher won't let me install it...I click OK and it doesn't do anything so I tried going to the updates tab and clicking update game and it just refreshes the page?! :( I've even tried the manual fix under the help section and it tells me the link isn't found. what do I do now?

@stinalina, I also just tried to update with the same results. It just keeps telling me there is an update. Do you know what the manual link for the update is, the auto updates is not working.

Thanks.
  • yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited July 2011
    my launcher ( 8.0.152.011001 ) won't let me install the new patch too... :?: I'll wait and try later ... no need to rush! :lol: I am completely lost with the version number! :oops: I'm not even sure my game is in version 1.22 !? :?
    I reinstalled everything and only updated with the launcher.
    I did not apply the manual patch given previously. Now we're supposed to do what?

Sims 3 v1.00.006135
    Adventure v1.00.006056
    Ambitions v1.00.006066
    Late Night v1.00.006057
    Outdoor v1.00.006059
    Generations v1.00.005777

1.22 - Mac Only Game Update for 2.16/3.12/4.9/5.7/6.4/7.2/8.0 ?

Edit: OK! I'm blind! :mrgreen:
    Stinalina

"Locating The Game Version For The Sims 3 On MAC....follows... 1. Navigate over to the Sims 3 Install Folder (Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3) 2. Once you are in the install folder you will need to go to /Game/Bin. 3. Inside the Bin folder there will be a file named "default.ini". 4. Right click on the file and select Open With > Text Edit. 5. "Game Version:" Will be located towards the bottom of the file."

… so my GameVersion = 1.22.9.011002
    and I will wait to update my game! :P

27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi guys - interesting! :) When i finally decide i had enough of waiting, something happen! :D

Unfortunately i dont see a update now... Maybe they already took it down? Realizing its not working?!

I have the same game version as you Yoda 1.22.... Im thinking the reason it might not have worked for you guys is that we already updated with the manual patch...?!

Either that, or it just wasnt ready yet! - I guess the good news is something happen't and we can only hope its a sign something real is coming! :)
  • ArtNuvoArtNuvo Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ArtNuvo wrote:
    Like you, my Sims3 was working fine until I installed the upgrade for Mac. Now I have problems I'm not reading about here. I can't launch my game because I keep getting a message that the game is already running! I swear it is not. I have been trying for days to find a way around this, without forcing quite, because I built a huge complex on my lot that the blurb says I will loose. ***. I went to EA suport and manually downloaded the patch, followed directions to the point of opening the base game app. It won't open with Adobe and Preview won't even respond. Yes, everything else was closed, my requirments were more than met, there's plenty of memory. Sooo, I thought maybe this "running" version was hidden and did the whole Expose' thing. Nothing happens when I click anything in the active screen corners or when I press my designated F10.11 or 12 to "instantly access" any open window. I atttempted the "Bring all to the front" trick, the many "Open" clicks, The "hide all others" and "Show all". In a moment of clarity I tried to open from History. Nope. I've ejected and retried, updated everything Mac, and can get the installer window open, but again, it won't launch from there, as the game is already running. Frustrating. There were many suggested shortcut combinations of Control, Shift, Command, and Option, which I tried. That diamond is not bouncing. I have no idea how to download the app folder and what ever else, with the patch, as I read here. Finally,in desperation, I pressed Force Quit. Nothing happened! The Sims Uninstaller won't open either. I am not making any of this up, I swear. Everything else opens and runs fine, just not my formerly favorite game.
    Ideas anyone?
    I finally got my game going! On Mac I held down on the icon in dock, checked open on login, shut down, waited. and restarted. The game appeared, but I lost everything up to the last save. That was ok, at le]ast I could play again. The darn thing froze up a few minutes later. I couldn't do anything, soo I shut down again and waited 15. min to restart. its working, but I save every 15 min. I am having these problems because of the NEW patch.I have another game disc with no patches and i didn't have problems before. I will start over on that. Is there any way to copy a house from one game and place it in another?
    edited July 2011
    @ ArtNuvo If you upload your houses to the exchange you can either download them from it to your other game, or simple take them from your "upload" folder and drag them to your other game folder. Thats my best idea.

How is the patch working for everyone? I havent installed it yet, im a bit worried since its seems like it gets a mixed welcome...?! Im not getting town stuff, so im wondering if its even worth patching yet?

Did you get more problems or is the game actually improved?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi all,

You can find the manual patches here, kindly posted by w3by:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/105/413020.page#5904000

I have all EPs and SPs installed, including Town Life, and am patched up to date. My game's running fine.

Sorry you're all having so many problems :(
    apple-signature.png
    edited July 2011
    The game seems to be doing fine for me since the patch, granted mine would seem fine until all the sudden I would load my game to find my sims unplayable out of nowhere so we'll see if it continues to work well. At least it didn't make my game mess up or anything
  • serbeanserbean Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    @katiebaimer there is a post at the beginning look for Stinalina post this may help. Everyone has some sort of issue. Thanks EA.

MAC users I still think BOYCOTT new products, the store till EA gets it together.

I agree!! I will not buy Town Life, or Pets for that matter, until they fix this issue. I haven't played my game in months, which is so frustrating considering the hundreds of dollars I've spent on Sims games.

Also, is anyone else having trouble logging into the EA support page or the Sims 3 support page? I enter my information and the page refreshes with the fields blank. VERY frustrating. Not to mention I've emailed them countless times with NO response. I'm starting to think they're purposely ignoring my problems.

:(
    edited July 2011
    Well, within minutes of saying that my game was running smoothly, it freaked out and froze on me =(
    UGH.
    That's it.
    I don't care how long I've waited for it, I'm not wasting $40 on TS3 Pets.
    edited August 2011
    @Stinalina, Just back from Egypt, only took one sim and had no clone when I got back. This is a sim that I could travel with before the problem and has a Visa Level of 3 with Cerificate.

I have retried the camera with the Hinko from Egypt made sure no stored photos took the photo sounds were there but no photo showed up and the sim taking the photo froze, also no green descriptions of what you are about to take a photo of. Cell phone works ok.

The other glitch I ran across is with tutoring the cooking skill. I tutored three different sims for the first time. I did not start with tutor but finshed them from say level 5 or 6. They could read the recipies after that point but they never showed up as learned. They also could reread the recipies over and over again the books would stay in their inventories.

The other glitch is with moving sims out of a househould. I think everyone is having this issue I try to have need to do this. My personal new fav way to move a sim out is turn to a Vampire and leave the to roast in the sun. It is much faster the starving or drowing, and more depenable than a household fire. ;-)

• SyquestSyquest Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Okay now my "Update Now" button is working. I click it to begin download and it goes through the whole thing. Then it says "Some of the files have been modified! Please re-install" What does that mean? Re-install what? I click on View log and it all says ok except for one line in red and it reads "Examining File : /Contents/Frameworks/version.txt -> SHA1 Error" I click close and when I restart, it says "A software update is available. Would you like to update your game?" again.

I clicked update without custom content as well. I have always updated using the launcher without problems until this last update.

My specs. All EP's except Fast Lane, Mac 10.5.8, Quad-Core Intel Xeon, G5 and all are discs. Can tech support help?
  • ArtNuvoArtNuvo Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2011
    thanks for info all. I built this house too close to the street and want to move it on the lot, or reposition it on a new lot. Ideas?
  • SyquestSyquest Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I have finally had to uninstall and re-install the Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs. After each install, I would update the game before installing the next one. Mine was real buggy and some of my downloaded items stopped showing up. Now I'm on day 3 with no problems. I can even travel without losing household Sims when vacation is over. Hope this helps someone.
  • mishymacdmishymacd Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2011
    I have finally had to uninstall and re-install the Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs. After each install, I would update the game before installing the next one.

Thanks so much for your suggestion Syquest. Earlier in the week I tried a re-install without updating in between which didn't work. I was skeptical that this would do the trick, but it did indeed work.

edited August 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    @Stinalina, Just back from Egypt, only took one sim and had no clone when I got back. This is a sim that I could travel with before the problem and has a Visa Level of 3 with Cerificate.

I have retried the camera with the Hinko from Egypt made sure no stored photos took the photo sounds were there but no photo showed up and the sim taking the photo froze, also no green descriptions of what you are about to take a photo of. Cell phone works ok.

The other glitch I ran across is with tutoring the cooking skill. I tutored three different sims for the first time. I did not start with tutor but finshed them from say level 5 or 6. They could read the recipies after that point but they never showed up as learned. They also could reread the recipies over and over again the books would stay in their inventories.

The other glitch is with moving sims out of a househould. I think everyone is having this issue I try to have need to do this. My personal new fav way to move a sim out is turn to a Vampire and leave the to roast in the sun. It is much faster the starving or drowing, and more depenable than a household fire. ;-)
    I have just got done hiring a butler. My child still disappeared and did not even live in the house but as soon as the butler came poof the toddler was gone.

I have been able to travel to France and Egypt without having clones appear.
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for all the feedback. I hope its all going better in your games now?

@420Sim I can just say that you have the most interesting glitches in your game! :D But i have no idea how to help, sorry.

@ArtNuvo I think the best way to "move the house" is to replace it on a bigger lot, then you should be able to get some more space to the road.

I still haven't installed the new patch, still terrified it will make my game even worse... but guess i have to soon. I haven't played much lately, but i did try one day and found a new strange problem:

When i go in to some of my homes (it can be the household in playings home, or somewhere they are visiting. - residential or public, then i cant see the furnitures inside, go to other levels in the building. And if i zoom in to close to the lot, it just become invisible! - All i can see is the foundation and the garden!
    When i zoom out again, i can see the walls inside and the sims moving around using objects i cant see... - It makes it unplayable, cause i cant click on any item. so they are left to free will... but moving around in a looking-like empty home... Not much fun to play!!

I tried to change households a few times, and it seem pretty random. Some i can see as they are suppose to, others not. - But it seems that it wan't change back in those homes it has started being invisible inside in...
    I think i will try to delete the homes and replace then to see if it change anything.

Pretty strange. Has anyone else had this experience?

• yoda65yoda65 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2011
    Syquest wrote:
    I have finally had to uninstall and re-install the Sims 3 and all of the expansion packs. After each install, I would update the game before installing the next one. Mine was real buggy and some of my downloaded items stopped showing up. Now I'm on day 3 with no problems. I can even travel without losing household Sims when vacation is over. Hope this helps someone.
    Hi! I done same thing, complete uninstall and re-install. Now my game is fully patched and works fine with the new patch! :D

Stinalina, I had same problem in construction, I'm working on a Community lot, and if I zoom in to close to the lot, it just become invisible too!
    I recently changed my graphics preferences in the game, to see how far I can push the graphics without losing the fluidity of the game! I will try other options may be it that the problem?...
    First time it happened, it was with the Gothic Library, as I added the Lady Ravendancer Goth's Book o 'Spells in the building and other things, the building disappeared as I zoom, but I' have as well, managed to make my changes in the rooms. :mrgreen:
    Good luck to all!
    27-11-2015_185647_zpsyfowoxwm.png
    Gallery link - I wish Toddlers, Weather, Pets… in Sims 4
    edited August 2011
    Yoda the house i cant see at the moment has the book of spell in it!!! :shock: Is it bugged?!??!?!?! :roll:

Thats so sad its actually iconic!!! :cry::lol:

First time it happened to me it was on a community lot, but made by me, no book of spell though... So not completely sure how its related, but wouldn't be great if we cant use the book of spell?! :!:

I haven't tried using it yet, but will place it in an other active household next time im in my game to see if the house "disappear" on me.

Lets see how it goes! :)
    edited September 2011
    So i finally decided to give the generation patch a go. - And as scared as i always am about it corrupting my game even more, i thought it was time...

I did all my backups etc. installed and wanted to open my game wondering how it would work...

Well it didnt! :D Yeah! I now get the: Disc Authorization Failure message so i cant even open the game! Great!

Thanks EA your the best!!!! :mrgreen:

Ill try again and see if it somehow is a random thing, but any advice is appreciated. -I read the tread about it, but don't see much useful solutions other than; keep trying.
    edited September 2011
    EA i had enough.

After 4 hours of "support" it comes down to them telling me to de-install and re-install my game...

I just dont want to waist that much time doing so... Im so tired of this game. Maybe i should just de-install and sell it all. I could use the money, but i cant really give this mess to someone else and feel ok about it!

Since i last posted i left it, didnt feel like i had the time to do anything about it. But today i just felt like giving it one final try. I de-installed my game and started installing the base game, and then the patch before installing the XP and SP. - But after installing the patch i only get a Error message when i try to open the base game.......... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

EA im really tired of you. Im tired of waisting my time and my money on my not-so-much-loved-sims-anymore!

Why want you fix it?
  • mariam_arifmariam_arif Posts: 6
    edited September 2011
    hey there guys ..
    i am having problems with this new update .. i recently bought the sims 3 ..
    it was working soo fine before .. until i updated my game to 1.25 update
    i tried uninstalling and then reinstalling.. then when i open the game it works until i update it with this 1.25 update ..
    i'm getting this message

1ftqvd.png

i do not have any EPs or SPs

p.s : macbook specs :
    Model Name: MacBook (mid 2010)
    Model Identifier: MacBook6,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB
    System Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
  • LittleAlphaLittleAlpha Posts: 11
    edited October 2011
    Hey everyone, I hope no one's answered this question previously... ten pages is a lot to sift through. I know it's a long message but bear with me please :)

I just installed Pets, but the problem originated when I installed Generations.

When I attempt to update my game, I receive a dialogue box telling me that the install has failed. The file is something along the lines of 'SA 1'? and several other similar files.

I can't fix it because I can't find the file anywhere. I also have no access to my original disc, which was destroyed by my dog :\

The game was still playable in generations without it, but with the installation of Pets I'm having further problems. Whenever I try to do anything with horses (make/adopt/whatever) it flips out and freezes. I'm worried this is related to the patch I have been unable to download.

I'm currently running on a Mac OS X:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Version: 10.5.8
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,3
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB

Thanks for reading :)
  • Jewels33192Jewels33192 Posts: 1
    edited March 2012
    Okay, so ten pages is a lot to go through so I don't know if there is an answer to my problem, but...

I have all of TS3 EPs. I had downloaded some stuff from TSR and everything was working fine. Then just a few days ago, the game started crashing on me. I'll be in the middle of building a house or something and everything will start flashing and glitching. Sometimes it's bad enough that the game will completely freeze and the only way for me to get out of it is to manually shut off my computer. The only difference between now and then is that I downloaded some new stuff from TSR, but why would it all of a sudden mess up my game if it didn't before? At first I lowered the graphics settings in the game which didn't work, and thenI tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, but it didn't work. I think it's primarily a graphical error because while the screen is bugging out, the audio is still normal... I'm going to try emptying the cache as was suggested and if that doesn't work, then I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling while updating in between (also suggested), but does anybody have any other ideas?

Oh, and I have a Macbook Pro that is most definitely up to par with graphical requirements.
  • extremeasaurextremeasaur Posts: 2,701 Member
    edited March 2012
    I appear to not be alone in this drama.

I had to uninstall and reinstall twice this weekend and nothing got better.

the launch screen takes 15 minutes to come up and the game stutters and then freezes

I could go on and on and on about the drama since the patch - but EA should know by now we ARE NOT AMUSED!

I have nearly $1,000 into this game and it should not crap out like this on us.

They need to get their act together.