Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PROBLEMS AFTER PATCH/ GENERATIONS? CRASH/ LAUNCHER ISSUES? - LOOK & SHARE HERE!

Comments

• nghtstrnghtstr Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2011
    One thing that I have noticed is when I go on a trip (i.e. going to China) I have found that it also encounters a bug where the game just seemingly locks up, except certain animations (the plumbob, water, trees, etc). This either happens frequently, or not at all.

I have also encountered the occasional crash, but I haven't been able to have a specific cause to the crash.

Hey, EA. Are you reading these?? I hope so, because this looks real bad on you.
  • StinalinaStinalina Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited June 2011
    nghtstr im afraid EA have left the building! :(

My last visit to China made the game r e t a r d e d s l o w! And first time i visited, my game suddenly crashed...

@ timcar maybe you have the mood bug? It came around some time ago, are your sims miserable and in yellow/orange/red most of the time? It should be able to fixed it with a high quality bed and a beautiful decorated home. Or try to switch households and go back and see if they are better after.

But in general i feel like the meters drop to quick. - I usually cheat with the meters, otherwise i feel like my sims have to spend all their time eating/sleeping/peeing... Gets really boring when they cant do anything else!
  • 420Sim420Sim Posts: 54 New Member
    edited June 2011
    @Stinalina The game is going pretty well, Cleaning out the thumballs so far has help with the invisiable sims. I had clothing and other items missing. I did take the time to go thru my purchase history and redownloaded everything. I was quit surprised with how many items were missing from reinstalling the game.

These is still the issue of not being able to use the sinks or dishwashers in an outdoor kitchen. And in the indoor kitchen if there is more than one dishwasher only one is reconized.

I am not using the memories option not even looking at them which is what i did before it crashed.

The error 12 I came accros I was able to fix that with removing the caches talk about. I do save the game at least once an hour so there was not to much lost. The problem has gone and not returned.

As far as fixing the 7 cloned sims. I renamed my documents/sims 3 folder, starting a new game. I was unable to remove the 7 cloned sims either with edit town or the move option.

There is something new. I had a sim drown, I was able to get another sim in the same house to play chess for the sim they won the match over the grim reper the sim came back to life, but the sim he was married is now a finace and I cannot get them to marry again even with full green on the friendship meter. If the try to give a massage they snap to different parts of the room. Not sure what is up with this it is the first time I have saved a dieing sim in The Sims 3.

I have not had the nerve to travel yet but do plan to do so. I did read that the cloning issue has been going on, I did remove any extra copies of the family from the library but this did not stop it from happening again. I also read that Generations had made this problem more common.
    edited June 2011
    Hi 420Sim, im glad is looking better. But sorry you still have some strange issues.
    Im also keeping my distance to the memories now. And getting better at remember saving, specially after i build something or before i do anything i suspect my cause a crash.

Your drowned sim should not loose the relationship, it has to be a bug too. I read about all sort of bugs with lost relationships, but i think most of them where related to travels... Also issues with sims jumping around instead of interactions. - I think all we can do is hope there is a patch on the way!

I cant remember where i read this, but a player was having issues with some stuck sims, so not the same as your problem, but it was suggested she tried to play in here backup town instead. - Im not sure this can fix your issues with the doubles, but if your up for it, it might be worth the try to delete you existing saved town and use the town.backup file instead. - I guess it depends on how old the backup is, if its still the same family that now have duplicates in it. Honestly im not sure how the backups that are self-created works, if they are saved when a new game is saved or...?! So it i cant tell how this would work, but if you just place your current saved town to the desktop and try it, i guess you should not loose it, in case it doesn't work.

Might be a risk, but if your up for it, give it a try. Good luck! :)

I understand you dont feel like traveling before this is fixed. Maybe we can have our sims pray to their sim gods for help? :roll: :?
  • timcartimcar Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    Stinalina,
    I am soooo glad that you understand. The meters are dropping too quickly. I don't remember them ever doing that befor. I really hope EA fixes this problem.I do not have the mood bug. My sims are definetly all smiles and bubbles.
    Please EA respond to this so i atleast know it is in the back of your minds.
    Thanks
  • cee2ceecee2cee Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi all, I was interested to see that people are having problems with travelling since the Generations update. Me too but my Sims can't travel at all. I tried to send one to China but he just disappeared. The game opened up at the base camp... but no Sim. I quit and tried again. Same result. Other than that and the freezing Misc section of CAS, my game's not too bad. Any ideas?
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2011
    When I go to the store to download something (after I installed generations) it thinks i'm installing it to Ambitions not generations and tries (but fails) to open ambitions and I have to go to the in game store to download things from the store.

And I also have the problem with the exception raised debug notice thing!
  • will2586will2586 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited June 2011
    Also when my sims used to travel in riverview there would be clones and now that I don't use riverview it works fine.
    edited June 2011
    @Stinalina, well just got back from France, I only had the 6 sims I left with no clones.

The only real problem was, I had the same bug error and then game crash as with the memories. I took a deep breath and then went and removed the caches and transgaming files. Restarted the game and all was fine and has stayed fine.

The other problem was and this has happen twice both with sims that had not learned the skill yet so not sure if that is why. I had two different Sims take a photo with the black camera you buy in Eqypt. After taking the photo the Sim was froze, only the one taking the photo. I used resetSim code and all was fine.

I have had no more invisible or frozen in place sims. not sure why but suspect there was an issue with missing items clothing and furniture. I have not had problems after I renamed my Documents/EA file and let the game remake an intire new set of folders files etc. I think this was being caused from missing items that were stored in the cache, once the cache was gone several items went missing and the game did an auto replace which is how I figured it out.

I followed the hints from this site

http://crinrict-help.blogspot.com/2011/03/bug-clones.html

and at this site.

http://www.simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Game_Problem

I found both had great hints if I spent the time to dig.

The dishwasher issue seems to be gone, just lazy Sims. :)

I must say again after renaming my documents folder for the game let the game remake the new folders etc and then spent the time to make sure all the content I had paid for and thought was installed really was installed I have had no more disappering sims or frezing sims.

Thanks for all your help, as anything else happens I'll pass it along.
    edited June 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    @Stinalina, well just got back from France, I only had the 6 sims I left with no clones.

The only real problem was, I had the same bug error and then game crash as with the memories. I took a deep breath and then went and removed the caches and transgaming files. Restarted the game and all was fine and has stayed fine.

The other problem was and this has happen twice both with sims that had not learned the skill yet so not sure if that is why. I had two different Sims take a photo with the black camera you buy in Eqypt. After taking the photo the Sim was froze, only the one taking the photo. I used resetSim code and all was fine.

I have had no more invisible or frozen in place sims. not sure why but suspect there was an issue with missing items clothing and furniture. I have not had problems after I renamed my Documents/EA file and let the game remake an intire new set of folders files etc. I think this was being caused from missing items that were stored in the cache, once the cache was gone several items went missing and the game did an auto replace which is how I figured it out.

and at this site.

I must say again after renaming my documents folder for the game let the game remake the new folders etc and then spent the time to make sure all the content I had paid for and thought was installed really was installed I have had no more disappering sims or frezing sims.

I forgot to mention that I did have to start a new game after I followed game reset with out reinstall. The game has been working fine for the most part.

That said there is a problem with taking photos. I forgot the name of the camera but is the black camera that can only be bought in Eqypt. Once my sim takes a photo with the camera they will not move forward in the game. They don't look frozen but will not proceed to the next item in the que, take a photo icon in the que does not leave if I cancel it, it remains with a red x over it. I must resetSim to get them to progress. The other thing I noticed and I have been to Eqypt and found this I have tried yet in China or France. When in a tomb taking a photo with the black camera of a rubble pile or pushable statue or floor trap could be more items these are the only ones I have tried, when moving the camera to the item to photo the green print saying what the item is you are focused on does not appear. When the photo is taken it does not regconize that a photo has been taken. The game still plays, however you cannot complete any task where taking a photo is how you Visa points. I have been cancelling the photo adventures and try for a different one.
    edited June 2011
    HI all

@ timcar im glad you dont have the mood bug, but i really hope the meters dropping to quick will be fix, it is a bother to have to cheat all the time. Good luck!

@ cee2cee this is also a known bug, that we only can hope ea fix. But i will suggest you have a look at crinrict's blog to see what steps she suggest to go around it. You might also be able to fix it the same way 420Sim worked around his double sim, since they both are related to travels.

@ will2586 i suggest you try to update your browser. The steps are on the first page. Make sure you do it in Firefox when you download and not Safari, cause it does not seem to want to recognize the new games.
    Im glad you got rid of your doubles by switching town. Hopefully it can work for others too.

@ 420Sim its great that you where able to fix it! Thanks for posting the links. After my last trip i did not have any doubles, but i am a bit worried about travels, so i might have to stay away from it until it get fixed.
    About the camera, it seem to be a common bug after Generations. I have it too. I even tried in my hometown and had to reset the sim using. I can only suggest to avoid taking pictures until they get this fixed... Also!

Thanks for all your posts, lets hope EA SOON take action on this!
    edited June 2011
    Thanks Stinalina, I'll try that xx
  • atreyoughatreyough Posts: 671
    edited June 2011
    Hello....wow! just read this whole entire thread and I may be able to help a few people, or at least try.

That annoying "do you wish to debug error" has something to do with memory, hence the deleting all 4 caches to clear up memory before starting to play your game. This has worked for me minus a few crashes, BUT what was interesting was I immediately went into my cache files to delete them and they were each like 84MB!! So that tells me that if you are going into cas/build mode alot during your game, and you have been playing for along time (2hrs+)....The best thing to do is to save and quit, clear those files out of your cache and see if this works for you. This would be more for when you are building and playing. The caches seem to be filling super fast since generations/patch this is why it crashes and asks if you wish to debug it. Now if you are sving the game and you get the debug error, again look at the size of your cache (stinalina has a link on page 1 on which cache and how to clear it) Ever since I realized that this is a memory issue and i monitor what I'm doing in game and i make sure to save often my game has not crashed even once :lol::lol::lol:

i have also noticed that if you save the game with testing cheatsenabled true on that you are more likely to get the debug error. Even more so if you use make needs static, i would suggest turning off all cheats before attempting to save your game....just try it.

Downloading updates issues; "some files have been modified please re-install"

I got this message i don't even know how many times and i just ignored it........then i decided to do what it said, and I re-installed whatever ep i just thought i had installed.....WA-LAA no more update messages, game was running 100% better. You simply just redo the install again, follow the screen prompts.

"When downloading from store/exchange the wrong EP starts to load"

This also happened to me awhile ago, and I found the cause to be that my game was not updated/properly patched. I used EA's cumulative manual patches and this fixed the problem for me.....If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Until EA fixes this game we are at the mercy of fellow simmers!!!! BTW(this thread is great) thanks for starting it stinalina! :wink:

I hope this isn't to confusing, I know i am a terrible poster as far as grammar goes :oops:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    edited June 2011
    420Sim wrote:
    420Sim wrote:

and at this site.

I forgot to mention that I did have to start a new game after I followed game reset with out reinstall. The game has been working fine for the most part.

That said there is a problem with taking photos. I forgot the name of the camera but is the black camera that can only be bought in Eqypt. Once my sim takes a photo with the camera they will not move forward in the game. They don't look frozen but will not proceed to the next item in the que, take a photo icon in the que does not leave if I cancel it, it remains with a red x over it. I must resetSim to get them to progress. The other thing I noticed and I have been to Eqypt and found this I have tried yet in China or France. When in a tomb taking a photo with the black camera of a rubble pile or pushable statue or floor trap could be more items these are the only ones I have tried, when moving the camera to the item to photo the green print saying what the item is you are focused on does not appear. When the photo is taken it does not regconize that a photo has been taken. The game still plays, however you cannot complete any task where taking a photo is how you Visa points. I have been cancelling the photo adventures and try for a different one.

@Stinalina, The other thing I have noticed is that when I am traveling and find a pile to excavate, most times the sims act as if they can not get to it. The symbol above their head gets a red x when they try to excavate. I have only been able to have my sims excavate in Eqypt in the copper mine and then in France and the tomb of forgotten soldger I think it is call. Not a major issue, thought I would bring it up however.

I am on my second travel so far no clone, I did see one other simmer say they had the issue from Riverview just like me. I am currently living in the orignial community that came with the game and there have been no clones apon return from travels.

Also cell phone photo taking works but not for adventures completion of course. So I am staying way from the photo adventures for now.
  • LeftcoastpunkLeftcoastpunk Posts: 59
    edited June 2011
    atreyough wrote:
    Hello....wow! just read this whole entire thread and I may be able to help a few people, or at least try.

That annoying "do you wish to debug error" has something to do with memory, hence the deleting all 4 caches to clear up memory before starting to play your game. This has worked for me minus a few crashes, BUT what was interesting was I immediately went into my cache files to delete them and they were each like 84MB!! So that tells me that if you are going into cas/build mode alot during your game, and you have been playing for along time (2hrs+)....The best thing to do is to save and quit, clear those files out of your cache and see if this works for you. This would be more for when you are building and playing. The caches seem to be filling super fast since generations/patch this is why it crashes and asks if you wish to debug it. Now if you are sving the game and you get the debug error, again look at the size of your cache (stinalina has a link on page 1 on which cache and how to clear it) Ever since I realized that this is a memory issue and i monitor what I'm doing in game and i make sure to save often my game has not crashed even once :lol::lol::lol:

i have also noticed that if you save the game with testing cheatsenabled true on that you are more likely to get the debug error. Even more so if you use make needs static, i would suggest turning off all cheats before attempting to save your game....just try it.

Downloading updates issues; "some files have been modified please re-install"

I got this message i don't even know how many times and i just ignored it........then i decided to do what it said, and I re-installed whatever ep i just thought i had installed.....WA-LAA no more update messages, game was running 100% better. You simply just redo the install again, follow the screen prompts.

"When downloading from store/exchange the wrong EP starts to load"

This also happened to me awhile ago, and I found the cause to be that my game was not updated/properly patched. I used EA's cumulative manual patches and this fixed the problem for me.....If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Until EA fixes this game we are at the mercy of fellow simmers!!!! BTW(this thread is great) thanks for starting it stinalina! :wink:

I hope this isn't to confusing, I know i am a terrible poster as far as grammar goes :oops:

How do I find the cache files? I'm very computer illiterate... =l
  • LeftcoastpunkLeftcoastpunk Posts: 59
    edited June 2011
    I delete the caches but I still get the debug error... =(

This sucks.
  • GODDES_VEDIKAGODDES_VEDIKA Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I just disconnected my internet. Works very well! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • birrelliesbirrellies Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2011
    jrobles03 wrote:
    And my game froze every few minutes of game play.. and now, it just won't unfreeze.

My sim will be suspended in time, the clock won't work, but the butterflies and the trees will continue to sway.

I was having this problem while playing on PC with Late Night...after a lot of frustration, I resorted to installing a mod (my first time ever) and it fixed the issue...there was a problem with the game spawning too many vehicles and NPCs etc, the mod cleared any excess each night. The Mod was Twallan's Overwatch http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=935.0
    edited July 2011
    2) My butler seems to disappear. Literally. After a few days, he's gone, even though it still says he's employed by me in my phone. After a week and a half or so of him missing, I can hire a new one.

I had this issue with Late Night...as soon as I employed a butler, my game started glitching...I witnessed my butler running down the street away from my house and he never came back :shock:

I now avoid butlers
    edited July 2011
    MALAiA46 wrote:
    My game works great now! No more exception raised error! All i did was remove the mods folder from my sims 3 folder and disable cc from the launcher. So basically, no cc, but a great working game! Oh well...
    I will have cc from the sims 3 store though :)

I was getting the "exception raised error" even when I didn't have any mods folder or cc...
    atreyough wrote:
    That annoying "do you wish to debug error" has something to do with memory, hence the deleting all 4 caches to clear up memory before starting to play your game.

I agree...my game gets very laggy and my graphics get choppy just before a crash.

On a side note, the memory pop ups are extremely annoying - there are way too many and it is overkill - perhaps this is causing the bloating of the cache?
  • thatkrissychickthatkrissychick Posts: 11
    edited July 2011
    I've tried to read through everything before I ask this but I probably missed it but I am having MAJOR problems with this game. It's getting to the point I don't even want to play because it seems pointless. After my family travels they come back and then the sims picture kind of disappears and I cant click on them anymore. My one vampire sim was frozen playing guitar and I had to move the other two out of her house into a new one, and they just messed up too and they weren't even traveling, I had JUST loaded the game up and it glitches. This is like the 3rd or 4th time this has happened to me and I've had to uninstall and reinstall multiple times. I'm really losing patience with EA for not fixing this problem by now when I know loads of people having the same problem. Has anyone found any sort of solution for this? Even one that is temporary? I just really like that family and I don't want to lose them. :(
  • WoodNymph6WoodNymph6 Posts: 39
    edited July 2011
    I now have an issue where a Sim was cooking, but never took the meal out and now I can't replace the stove because it constantly says Sim is using object, cannot delete. I still haven't updated my Sims because I have been watching the forums to see if people are still having problems...and to no surprise, they are. So I have kept it playable (98.99% with no major problems) by avoiding the patch EA has not fixed. What frustrates me, is they are releasing these stuff packs/ new EP but they can't take the time to figure out what happened with the patch that could lose customers because of the major issues they are having. I mean, mine are miniscule compared to others, that I can work around most of them... but this stove issue is actually interfering with the house. meh. I know I sound bitter, I'm just tired that they haven't found a solution yet and it's been almost 2 months?
  • caspinwallcaspinwall Posts: 916 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hi All,

Did anyone find a solution for the screenshots being missing from the Launcher? I took a few screenshots while playing and the pop-up message said that they saved to the Launcher, but when I looked later I could not find them in the Launcher. I'm assuming that this is due to the changes that were made to the Launcher on Macs with that last pesky patch. It used to work just fine. I went into the Screenshots folder in Documents as well, but the pictures I had taken were not there.

For those with horrendous lag and other glitchiness, I can't recommend Twallan's mods highly enough!

GeneralSig_SF_03.png
  • DinamightDinamight Posts: 22 Member
    edited July 2011
    I've been having some particularly annoying crash issues. Recently my game has decided to crash for absolutely no reason at all. I will just be playing normally and suddenly the window will suddenly disappear along with the app icon on the dock. No error given. This started happening after I force-quit the game when it decided to get stuck. No saving was going on. My computer exceeds minimum specs and does not run choppily before the crash. Is there a conflict going on somewhere?

The only gameplay mods I have are MasterController, Awesome Mod and the SimTransformer painting (all up to date). The rest of my content is for CAS.

I also have some things from *gasp* TSR installed. Could those be causing issues as well? I don't use these much so I will delete them.

My computer exceeds specs and does not run choppily before the crash.
    edited July 2011
    Hi. Just want to let you guys know that I was suffering from the awful choppiness and it was getting worse, my game was freezing up every couple of minutes. I've been reluctant to add more mods but yesterday in desperation I followed advice I saw somewhere in this thread and installed Twallan's Overwatch. Bingo! :D My game is now super smooth. So thank you to whoever recommended it and a major thank you to Twallan. You can find the mod here at www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?board=4.0