Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else dissapointed by this? *Updated - Guru response*

Comments

• Options
    GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I am apalled by some of the rudeness here on this thread. The question shouldn't be 'who can't save up $40 for October' but rather 'why should they have to?'

Fact of the matter is that EA should not have done this in the first place.
    Indeed, some people are such snobs it seems. It's unbelievably rude of people to judge others on what and how they should spend their money. The fact of the matter is: people should not be forced to buy a game for a feature, no one should, it's why no other company has done this before - you make a feature, it's economically wise to release it to all as a selling point - not a preorder incentive when everyone knows EA will make a lot of money through preorders with or without the store.
  • Options
    xoallyxoally Posts: 75
    edited June 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I think it's available on the UK store now, but so far I still haven't seen it on GAME.

(They are listing TS3: Pets for Kinect though)

Hmmm... can you preorder the physical copy? Or is it only the digital download?

I've just ordered the Digital download from EA, us in UK can't get the physical copy from them
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2011
    xoally wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I think it's available on the UK store now, but so far I still haven't seen it on GAME.

(They are listing TS3: Pets for Kinect though)

Hmmm... can you preorder the physical copy? Or is it only the digital download?

I've just ordered the Digital download from EA, us in UK can't get the physical copy from them

Yeah I think you have to live in the US to get a physical copy direct from the EA store as I had contemplated doing this for Generations so I could score OLS for free, since they weren't offering a hard copy I passed on the offer.

I'm still holding out for a physical release. GAME aren't even listing the non limited edition yet so there's still hope. (I just hope somewhere like HMV doesn't get it as an exclusive or that'll be really annoying - I mean almost as annoying as having to jump through EA's hoops in the first place).

I may be idealistic or naive, but I just don't think anyone should be penalised just because they can't preorder/buy the game on day one. That's just me. I also might have mentioned this before but I didn't even know about the exclusive clubs for America in Late Night but that wouldn't have bothered me anyway - I can make my own clubs but people without the limited edition of Pets can't make their own pet store. Big difference there.
  • Options
    DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    A lot of stores outside of EA seem to either be messed up on price or not listing it yet. They should get it worked out soon.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    A lot of stores outside of EA seem to either be messed up on price or not listing it yet. They should get it worked out soon.

Be careful. There's a lot of confusion around the Limited Edition version of the EPs (that contain the base game and the expansion pack) and this Limited Edition. If it's priced high it could be because it's not the right Limited Edition.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

Be careful. There's a lot of confusion around the Limited Edition version of the EPs (that contain the base game and the expansion pack) and this Limited Edition. If it's priced high it could be because it's not the right Limited Edition.
    Indeed, GAME have a The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Ambitions/Generations Limited Edition, which is a combination of the two.

Also, Amazon.com (USA) are selling the Pets Limited Edition at a high price, compared to EA who are selling it for the same as the standard edition. Hardly fair, is it? :P
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited June 2011
    Whatsthebigdeal. They're not charging extra for the pre-order, so why not just pre-order it if you want it? It comes out in four months so you've got plenty of time if you need to save your money.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    edited June 2011
    If I pre-order the digital download but take about one week to play it (just a miracle would make me able to play it in the release date), will I still have access to the limited edition's content?
    Anybody knows it yet?

Because I live in Brazil and I can't get the physical copy; I don't own a computer so I have to play in my parent's house; I only see my parents once a week and sometimes is not in their house; they live in a town that was badly affected by January's storms and that made the internet slow and unstable... Well, I think I'm in a lot of trouble since I want the Limited Edition.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

Indeed, GAME have a The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Ambitions/Generations Limited Edition, which is a combination of the two.

Also, Amazon.com (USA) are selling the Pets Limited Edition at a high price, compared to EA who are selling it for the same as the standard edition. Hardly fair, is it? :P

Well at least with Amazon its severely easy to cancel an order if need be. I am just wondering what's taking so long lol
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

Well at least with Amazon its severely easy to cancel an order if need be. I am just wondering what's taking so long lol
    Indeed, but it's a shame as people prefer to shop with Amazon than EA, as Amazon have the expertise.
  • Options
    TrancepireTrancepire Posts: 969 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hmm EA is living up too much and too hard on this whole Limited Edition thing. EA Please make your game more accessible to everyone not less :?:
    cnc4pew3.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    Alnairan wrote:
    If I pre-order the digital download but take about one week to play it (just a miracle would make me able to play it in the release date), will I still have access to the limited edition's content?
    Anybody knows it yet?

Because I live in Brazil and I can't get the physical copy; I don't own a computer so I have to play in my parent's house; I only see my parents once a week and sometimes is not in their house; they live in a town that was badly affected by January's storms and that made the internet slow and unstable... Well, I think I'm in a lot of trouble since I want the Limited Edition.

Can't you pre-order a physical copy from another retailer? As far as I know, the game will be available world-wide, and it doesn't matter if you get your copy of Limited Editions a week late. As long as it is the Limited Edition, you still get the exclusive content.

Does EA have headquarters in Brazil? Why not write to them and ask them if they know where you can get a physical copy of the game. Do they sell EA products through their website? There's always alternatives. The problem with getting a digital download is that it will take hours to download, especially with a slow and unstable internet connection.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:

Indeed, but it's a shame as people prefer to shop with Amazon than EA, as Amazon have the expertise.

That's why I go through Amazon - even though I will never be lucky enough to get the game a day or two early with them. Because after dealing with EA store and their customer service once I was done. Ever see those Discover card commercials with Peggy? That is who I imagine is on the other end of the chat when you attempt to get help. It was an utter nightmare.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    That's why I go through Amazon - even though I will never be lucky enough to get the game a day or two early with them. Because after dealing with EA store and their customer service once I was done. Ever see those Discover card commercials with Peggy? That is who I imagine is on the other end of the chat when you attempt to get help. It was an utter nightmare.
    Indeed, they handle their customers and sales like professionals which is sort of where EA fall short. I've not seen these adverts as I am not from the US, but I'll have a quick for them. The EA emails are ridiculous too, if you email feedback they tell you how amazing your idea is and post it in feedback, when we all know that's just a robotic reply. They may as well just say "Please post your thoughts in feedback" rather than pretend they've read it, it's terrible customer service :P
  • Options
    bluerose330bluerose330 Posts: 17
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if this has been asked already ( I didn't feel like going through 21 pages of a forum at 1:30 in the morning :lol:) But I just pre-ordered the game from gamestop. Will I be getting the version with the pet shop or just a regular version? The guy at the front desk knew nothing about a limited edition and IK am worried that I may have pre ordered just a regular one. Anyone know if gamestop is recieving the special copies?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if this has been asked already ( I didn't feel like going through 21 pages of a forum at 1:30 in the morning :lol:) But I just pre-ordered the game from gamestop. Will I be getting the version with the pet shop or just a regular version? The guy at the front desk knew nothing about a limited edition and IK am worried that I may have pre ordered just a regular one. Anyone know if gamestop is recieving the special copies?
    Unfortunately know one knows other than Gamestop staff. If they don't know then you will have to wait closer to the day.
  • Options
    Juniormints74Juniormints74 Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2011
    Rud3 wrote:
    i just want to know if ebgames/amazon gets the limited also as i always order from them but mostly from gs as i can walk down the block and get it on release,if they don't get the limited edition i might as well pre order from ea of course.

yep you will definitely get the limited edition from GameStop...i went there & pre-ordered mine as well...look here & scroll down, the limited edition is listed in the product details: http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-sims-3-pets/91318

p.s. it was the same way when i pre-ordered Medieval from GameStop...the limited edition was given to anyone who pre-ordered or bought their game the day of release...the next shipment after that was only the regular edition.
  • Options
    ilovezukoilovezuko Posts: 22
    edited July 2011
    i have to say im dissapointed in this and not everyone can buy it, like me my mam has hardly no money at all so i'll be missing out on it, and i would preorder because i have been wanting a pets game for a long time, i just think this should be giving to everyone and if not should be on the site as a free download for users that can't get it, im hoping that i'll get it on the day it comes out or preorder it and say to my mam its a early birthday present, i have asked her but she's not sure if she can buy it or ask my brother, but i will get it even if i have to wait till november or xmas
  • Options
    fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2011
    I've already pre ordered with Game UK. I hope this isn't just for people who pre order with EA. If it is, I'll be looking for a full refund or the additional items. It doesn't say limited edition on my order.

This isn't good enough at all. I'm paying the same as everyone else so I want the same stuff as everyone else.

Copying this reply to the other thread too.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok, sadder than sad, they have blocked that other thread so we can't reply, when you hit save on your comment it goes to am error 404 page. They know they're in the wrong here.

If I don't get the entire thing, complete with pet store or the ability to build a pet store, I'll be finished with Sims 3 for good and I'm not joking.

I might just cancel the order unless I find out I'm getting what I think I'm paying for. I'd advise that anyone who has pre ordered with EA and are not in the zone for getting this, just go cancel your orders and show them we mean business. Write to them and find out and if they say "No you can't have it", then cancel, simples.

The only way EA will understand us is if they see many Pets expansions being cancelled from pre-order
  • Options
    AlidaiAlidai Posts: 859 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Okay, so I understand it as:

*Limited Edition comes with a pet shop,objects,etc... NOT available to the normal edition buyers.There won't be an shop in your world, and there won't be objects that comes with the pet shop.You will get a CODE with the Limited Edition and THEN you must DOWNLOAD the Pet Shop and Objects , IT WON'T COME WITH THE CD...

*If you share the Pet Shop lot with other players who DOES NOT have the Limited Edition, the lot will be uploaded as a shop by the player who has the Limited Edition, and then downloaded as an normal lot by the player who DOES NOT have the Limited edition, there WILL NOT be a shop on the lot, the same goes for the worlds.But if the world/lot is downloaded by a player who has limited edition AND HAS ALREADY DOWNLOADED THE SHOP AND ALL IT'S OBJECTS FROM THE WEBSITE , the lot will be downloaded as an Pet Shop.

*For their first batch of shipments (The pre-orders) ONLY Limited Editions will be shipped by online sellers like Amazon,Origin,etc...

*Retailers will also sell the limited edition, but only for a short period of time ( till stocks last) and only if they decide to sell the limited edition.

I also THINK that the limited edition has a blue cover......

BTW SimGuru, could you please inform me if i'm right or wrong, thank you!

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok. I just cancelled my pre order and wrote to Game UK to complain. I don't want this game if it's not the limited edition. I don't see why I should have to order through the EA link (making them more money), I should be able to buy it in my usual shop.

So, if game K don't get the limited edition, I won't have Pets and as this is one of the EP's I've been waiting for then I won't be playing Sims 3 anymore.

I'm done with this making differences between players dependent on where they live. It's sick and EA have just nailed their own coffin shut if they don't sort this out and pronto.

I'm about to write to EA and tell them I cancelled my pre-order, if more people write too, they'll see we can't be treated like this. I'm not buying half an EP.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    OK, I went on chat with them and I'm totally fuming. If this doesn't change in the next few weeks I'm giving up Sims 3 as a bad joke. I'm about to register a complaint in writing.

The sum total is that you can only get this limited edition if you order through EA. That is outrageous. I want to use my local store as I always do.

These cost cutting efforts are chasing me away and I always buy two copies of each ep. One for me and one for my son. That's two orders they lose.

I've just written an email to them with a full complaint. I don't see why I should have to use their online shop (origins) to get a full EP. I bet it's a download too.

• Options
    edited July 2011
    GAME aren't even listing the non limited edition yet

Yes they are, I had it on pre-order but cancelled today, two copies.

I just called my usual Game UK shop and asked the staff if they had a listing for the limited edition. There isn't. We are only being offered the basic one or you are forced to go for that digital download. I'm not doing it. If I don't get it, then fine, I'm done with Sims 3 if that's the case.

Amazon is another option but I would want mine on the day, I don't want to wait for it, I always get it right away. Not even sure if UK Amazon would have it and if it's posted from the US one, then it would be a few days late.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We haven't designed the cases yet, but I assume it will. Every other EA game that has done this sort of offer has had a different cover that identifies it as the limited edition.

That's not true. I've seen the basic one on Game UK and earlier when I spoke to customer service on chat the agent gave me a link to the limited edition one where I saw the cover. The cover is visible on the origins site.

For anyone wondering, yes the limited edition one does say limited edition on the front. So if your store doesn't have the limited edition one, you should just walk away.

I'm beyond angry at this.

I don't want a digital copy, I want a hard copy, I want what I pay for and what other people are getting.

Yeah I know, 4 posts in a row but I'm beyond fuming here.

All those years and all that money for Sims games to be treated like this in the end?