Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else dissapointed by this? *Updated - Guru response*

Comments

• Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Sphire_Ziemia, I have already confirmed that previously in this thread. The Pet Store venue type, the pre-built Pet Store lot, and the exclusive objects are all only available with the limited edition.

I appreciate that the community has concerns, and I hope that when I get the chance to post you'll all have a better understanding not only of what we're offering in the limited edition, but why we're offering it. We still have a long way to go on Pets :) Take a few days, enjoy Generations in the meantime, and I'll be back with more details for you all.

So if we don't get the limited edition expansion pack we cannot make a pet store, correct? Easy yes or no answer. :)

That is correct, yes.

Okay now that we are clear *turns to everyone else* Do we have our touches and pitch forks ready? ;)
  • cajo5cajo5 Posts: 1,359
    edited June 2011
    Sphire_Ziemia, I have already confirmed that previously in this thread. The Pet Store venue type, the pre-built Pet Store lot, and the exclusive objects are all only available with the limited edition.

I appreciate that the community has concerns, and I hope that when I get the chance to post you'll all have a better understanding not only of what we're offering in the limited edition, but why we're offering it. We still have a long way to go on Pets :) Take a few days, enjoy Generations in the meantime, and I'll be back with more details for you all.

So if we don't get the limited edition expansion pack we cannot make a pet store, correct? Easy yes or no answer. :)

That is correct, yes.

Okay now that we are clear *turns to everyone else* Do we have our touches and pitch forks ready? ;)

If that is how it will be and you are angry, it is called Pre-order, like I did on Saturday when I found out about it. And don't say anything about me having the money, because I am broke as crap. The only money I get is from allowance, which I don't even really get right now because of money problems. Also like a lot of people have said it isn't coming out for over five months, you can save up for it.

Edit: Plus since there is still five months at least until release, they can change it if it is really like that, also there could possibly be a rabbit hole pet store or something like that in the new town.
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:

That is correct, yes.

If that is how it will be and you are angry, it is called Pre-order, like I did on Saturday when I found out about it. And don't say anything about me having the money, because I am broke as crap. The only money I get is from allowance, which I don't even really get right now because of money problems. Also like a lot of people have said it isn't coming out for over five months, you can save up for it.

Edit: Plus since there is still five months at least until release, they can change it if it is really like that, also there could possibly be a rabbit hole pet store or something like that in the new town.

Agreed five months is plenty of time for us to get them change their mind. *smiles sweetly*
  • lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited June 2011
    Amazon list the Limited Edition at $50. :(
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2011

That is going to be disappointing for some, however not for me. I already pre-ordered for the 360 and PC. Me carry a torch and fork for a game? Never even if I was angry, There are other games that can be played. The only thing one can do is save thier allowance or what little money they do get if that is the case.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2011
    Hopefully they'll change that ridiculous decision, it should be for everyone, not just for preorders. Very disappointing move, EA.
    edited June 2011
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    That is going to be disappointing for some, however not for me. I already pre-ordered for the 360 and PC. Me carry a torch and fork for a game? Never even if I was angry, There are other games that can be played. The only thing one can do is save thier allowance or what little money they do get if that is the case.

You may have pre-ordered it, I did as well, but those who don't get allowance, get little allowance, don't have enough extra money to be able to pre-order it, or just can't because of location or something else, have every right to be upset if not everyone can get a pet store, which I still believe that they can.
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

You may have pre-ordered it, I did as well, but those who don't get allowance, get little allowance, don't have enough extra money to be able to pre-order it, or just can't because of location or something else, have every right to be upset if not everyone can get a pet store, which I still believe that they can.
    Don't forget "future" simmers from it too, they also deserve to have the same features us loyal gamers have. It's like they're purposely out to annoy their users :/
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

Don't forget "future" simmers from it too, they also deserve to have the same features us loyal gamers have. It's like they're purposely out to annoy their users :/

I still think that the new town will have some kind of pet store in it.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

They've been very clear about this. Unless things change, non-Limited Edition copies will not have the pet store or the tools to create your own.
    OO2UdmJ.png
    edited June 2011
    barisaxy wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

They've been very clear about this. Unless things change, non-Limited Edition copies will not have the pet store or the tools to create your own.

Actuly the Simsguru, only said that people who don't pre-order it won't get to make a pet store and they won't get the special pet store. He never said they won't get a pet store at all.
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

Actuly the Simsguru, only said that people who don't pre-order it won't get to make a pet store and they won't get the special pet store. He never said they won't get a pet store at all.
    I very much doubt they will give you a pet store in standard editions, but not allow you to edit or make your own... That would be very weird, a lot that says you cannot edit it.
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

I very much doubt they will give you a pet store in standard editions, but not allow you to edit or make your own... That would be very weird, a lot that says you cannot edit it.

The new town will most likely get a rabbit hole pet store.
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:

Hi Cajo, I'm trying to be very clear about this. We have no intentions to confuse the community or give vague statements that leave room for interpretation, because we don't want anyone to have expectations and later on be disappointed.

Pet Stores do not come already placed within the world because they will be exclusive to the limited edition which comes with a code to download the lot and objects. Players will have to use Edit Town mode and place the Pet Store lot that they downloaded within the world. This means it's fully backwards compatible with past worlds, and the Pets world will have a blank lot that the Pet Store lot is perfectly suited for.
  • MoonHarvest321MoonHarvest321 Posts: 79
    edited June 2011
    ^
    i do think that too, you will get a PET STORE but cannot edit or you won't get the one that was made my EA and some exclusive content
  • Rmk375Rmk375 Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:

Hi Cajo, I'm trying to be very clear about this. We have no intentions to confuse the community or give vague statements that leave room for interpretation, because we don't want anyone to have expectations and later on be disappointed.

Pet Stores do not come already placed within the world because they will be exclusive to the limited edition which comes with a code to download the lot and objects. Players will have to use Edit Town mode and place the Pet Store lot that they downloaded within the world. This means it's fully backwards compatible with past worlds, and the Pets world will have a blank lot that the Pet Store lot is perfectly suited for.

I'm in australia, and I pre-ordered my copy but the receipt or the website does not say limited edition only says sims 3 pets PC....so my question is will everyone from any country be able to pre-order this expansion the limited edition or is it only for certain countries
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited June 2011
    Rmk375 wrote:
    I'm in australia, and I pre-ordered my copy but the receipt or the website does not say limited edition only says sims 3 pets PC....so my question is will everyone from any country be able to pre-order this expansion the limited edition or is it only for certain countries

Hi Rmk :-o I recognize that regional differences are an important issue to our community. That's one of the things I hope to give more information on in a few days.
  • raifffraifff Posts: 19
    edited June 2011
    Nice try EA, I'm still not going to buy your overpriced EPs until I find them for dirt cheap years later
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:

The new town will most likely get a rabbit hole pet store.

I hope by now you will have read SimGuruSemedi's response in which he says:

"Pet Stores do not come already placed within the world because they will be exclusive to the limited edition which comes with a code to download the lot and objects. Players will have to use Edit Town mode and place the Pet Store lot that they downloaded within the world. This means it's fully backwards compatible with past worlds, and the Pets world will have a blank lot that the Pet Store lot is perfectly suited for."

If I remember correctly, you said you had already pre-ordered yours. I'd also like to correct you on one more thing: Maxis has nothing whatsoever to do with The Sims 3. Maxis as a company no longer exists. The Sims franchise has been taken over by Electronic Arts.

Personally, I am not going to sweat it, and depending on how much money I have when the game comes out, I may or may not buy it on release day. While I think that EA is making a mistake in depriving those players who cannot preorder or get to their local game shop on Relase Day of a pet store and the options to build one, I never used the one in The Sims 2, so I don't feel deprived.

What I'm hoping is that we can create standalone pets in CAS that we can then move in with a family. If not, then I guess any new families I create will have a pet added on as a member of the family. We'll see.

And yes, I think that this is a poor marketing decision on EA's part and it is going to come back t bite them big time. That's probably one of the reasons why I'm planning to meander to the local game shop; after all, the only reason I am buying Pets at all is because my grandson saw the trailer and he is thrilled with the animals. He likes to "supervise" my gameplay; he is only 3. Yeah, I know I spoil him shamelessly. :mrgreen:

ETA: Oh yes, and just because the pet store is exclusive, that doesn't mean the new world is. As a matter of fact, I got the distinct impression that the new world is *not* going to be exclusive to the Limited Edition. It just won't have a lot for anyone to put a pet store in if it's part of the regular cycle, but it will still come with the game.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited June 2011
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    If I remember correctly, you said you had already pre-ordered yours. I'd also like to correct you on one more thing: Maxis has nothing whatsoever to do with The Sims 3. Maxis as a company no longer exists. The Sims franchise has been taken over by Electronic Arts.

Wow...it's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. Maxis does too exist. They're a thing called "The Developers" they make the game. Electronic Arts are under a classification called "Publishers" they publish the games that the developers make. Maxis made the sims series, including the sims 3, electronic arts just takes the files, makes the discs and distributes them. Not a hard concept to grasp.
  • RickychengRickycheng Posts: 609 Member
    edited June 2011
    Rmk375 wrote:

Hi Rmk :-o I recognize that regional differences are an important issue to our community. That's one of the things I hope to give more information on in a few days.
    I found that Orgin Hong Kong did metion the limited edition in Chinese version of the per-order page at the Features part(Not the title and cart)
    But it did not metion in English version of the per-order page..
    Can you help me to confirm if I can get the limited edition.
    I can tell you it is a main factor to let me decide pre-order it or not :D
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

Okay what part of the following don't you understand?

That is correct, yes.

Okay, maybe I should have asked, "So if we don't get the limited edition expansion pack we cannot make a pet store at all, correct? Easy yes or no answer." :)

Oh and while we are at it, "at anytime in the future will there be items available through the store which we can purchase to make our own pet store if we haven't been able to get the limited edition expansion pack?
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    barisaxy wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    cajo5 wrote:
    Goldmoldar wrote:

Okay what part of the following don't you understand?

That is correct, yes.

Okay, maybe I should have asked, "So if we don't get the limited edition expansion pack we cannot make a pet store at all, correct? Easy yes or no answer." :)

Oh and while we are at it, "at anytime in the future will there be items available through the store which we can purchase to make our own pet store if we haven't been able to get the limited edition expansion pack?

You may not have realized this, but your question to him was about making a pet store not being able to get one at all right?

Plus he told me a little later that no one but the people who get the limited edition get a pet store, so shove it and stop insinuating that I am an idiot or something. I am sick and tired of you people acting like you are all high and mighty merely because you were right about something that no one completely understood. Mainly because his things a kind of cryptic and don't completely answer pretty much any question that is asked.
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    You may not have realized this, but that was on another thread completely and I didn't see it until AFTER I had posted that, so how about you think before you put something down next time?

Look whatever conflict we are having, I don't want to continue it any more but rather focus and the stunt EA is trying to pull, okay?
    edited June 2011
    cajo5 wrote:
    You may not have realized this, but that was on another thread completely and I didn't see it until AFTER I had posted that, so how about you think before you put something down next time?

Look whatever conflict we are having, I don't want to continue it any more but rather focus and the stunt EA is trying to pull, okay?

It is no stunt for one. Every gaming company does this. Also EA is the publisher while Maxis is the real makers of the game. So something like this would be on Maxis not EA.

Also the normal things for the pets are probably going to be in the buy mode since there wouldn't be any other way to get the pet stuff, that I can think of.