Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else dissapointed by this? *Updated - Guru response*

By this I don't mean the expansion itself(Which looks great). I'm talking about this:

http://www.simprograms.com/30898/the-sims-3-pets-limited-edition-content-for-pcmac/#comments

I mean, I was really looking forward to making my own pet stores, like in The Sims 2, and having my sims actuelly go to the lot and choose a pet they liked. It seems like without owning this 'limited edition', that won't be an option. Anyone else dissapointed by this? I mean, I feel a feature such as this should have been offered actuelly in the expansion, not as an promotion to get more people to buy the more expensive version of the game.

Expansions are expensive enough as they are, having to pay more than that just for a feature that should probably have been included in the normal version seems a little wrong. I'm all for bonus sets etc. But not whole features like this.

I also have a question, can anyone comfirm whether this 'limited edition' will be availible outside of the US? That's my main worry, It seems really unfair if it isn't availible everywhere. :?
Hi everyone, let me help clear up some confusion on this. This is Graham - I should look into getting my forum name changed to match my twitter.

Anyone who preorders or purchases the game the 1st day it's out will automatically get the limited edition of The Sims 3 Pets. Any later shipments of the game will just be the normal edition. Both the retail copy and digital downloads will include the limited edition content. The limited edition will come with access to the Pet Store venue, which will include a number of exclusive objects. You'll also be able to build your own Pet Store venue if you wish

You get a prebuilt lot that you can place in any of your towns, the ability to designate a lot as a pet store venue and build your own, and a number of exclusive items. You must have the limited edition to access any of this, but let me reiterate that the limited edition does not cost any more than the regular edition.

If you're interested in preordering, it's already available on the brand new service EA launched today named Origin!
http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productI...eOrder_Web_Herobanner_PreOrder

Still don't know whether it's availible in all regions, but at least we know the price is the same.

EDIT: If you're against EA's decision here, I'd reccomend looking at this thread:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/388146.page

Comments

• DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    I remember that Sims Medieval was put out for a "Limited Edition" that was supposedly only available for preorder. Its the only copy available on shelves where I am. I wouldn't panic just yet.

edit: It also costs the same as the as yet unseen regular edition. EA has been offering these "Limited" editions through many sellers for all preorders for the same price as a regular edition. If they don't screw it up like Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition we can all rejoice.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • goofball68goofball68 Posts: 294
    edited June 2011
    Yeah that doesn't seem right...
  • immskayleahimmskayleah Posts: 1,818 Member
    edited June 2011
    I went to the EA store and it says the same thing. I'm kind of curious why it's different. Now it says "powered by origin". I wonder what that's all about.
  • Louis_The_XIIILouis_The_XIII Posts: 974 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It's already been told we can make our own pet stores

http://simsvip.com/?p=1838

• andrej_8andrej_8 Posts: 143 New Member
    edited June 2011
    I think, we can build our own pet stores, but this one (from limited edition) is buildet by EA.
  • Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited June 2011
    GET THE EXCLUSIVE PET STORE VENUE

Give your Sims and their pets an exclusive pet store venue or create your own custom pet store by placing a pet store register on a community lot and building as you like. With the Limited Edition you can:

Change the look and feel of your Sims’ town with an exclusive venue!
    Give your Sims a new place to meet up with other Sims and their pets!
    Get unique objects only available in the pet store!

The drawing looks like a rabbit hole to me at first but from how they talk it sounds like the plan is you can create your own pets tore (with or without the "special" edition. They are saying venue not rabbit hole so perhaps it will be like the thrift store. ;)
  • doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited June 2011
    After looking on the EA store. On the US site, the limited edition content is listed as being included with the game. On the UK and Europe store, it isn't. Slightly confused here. It better be availible everywhere. :?

GAME.co.uk tend to sell these limited editions that are usually only availible elsewhere, hopefully they do the same for Pets.
  • boredomkillsboredomkills Posts: 1,134 New Member
    edited June 2011

I didn't know that. Sweet! :mrgreen:
    edited June 2011

I'm not so sure. SimGuruGraham may have just been referring to the limited edition content. Afterall it lists 'Pet stores' as an "exclusive venue" with the limited edition. It states you get an exclusive register that gives you the option to make your own pet store. According to EA's store, the regular disk version includes this "exclusive content". However that only seems to be the case on the US store. In the UK store, it isn't listed at all.

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't even the developers choice to remove this content. Most likely they planned it on being on the game, but it was removed as so it could be a promotion.
  • Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited June 2011
    andrej_8 wrote:
    I think, we can build our own pet stores, but this one (from limited edition) is buildet by EA.

I'd rather make my own and don't need cheesy stuff from this "spiecal" edition. ;)
    edited June 2011

After re-reading it all. It seems EA has can be rather awkward at wording things(Or I'm just awkward at reading things)

"Limited Edition Content:

Give your Sims and their pets an exclusive pet store venue or create your own custom pet store by placing a pet store register on a community lot and building as you like. With the Limited Edition you can:

* Change the look and feel of your Sims’ town with an exclusive venue!
    * Give your Sims a new place to meet up with other Sims and their pets!
    * Get unique objects only available in the pet store!
    "

My interpretation of that is that the limited edition offers a brand new venue type, in this case a pet store. Which includes a new set of 'Pet store' themed items including a register, which allows you to make your own. In order to "change the look and feel of your sim's town", and "give your sims a new place to meet up with other sims and their pets".

However, from the way it's written, it could also mean that the limited edition offers you an exclusive lot made by the developers(NOT the venue type itself), to place in your town as an alternative to the pet stores already there/the ones you've made yourself.

It can go either way, as far as I can tell. So. Still confusing. However I still read it as meaning the former. :S
  • PsychoChick966PsychoChick966 Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited June 2011
    MY only problem with the whole thing, besides it being too early to shell out more money, is that when you click to Pre-Order, the only options are the expedited and the 3-4(something like that) shipping. If I order a game on-line, I want it to be here, at my house, on the day of release. I don't see squat that says "Release Day".....and when I order my games on Amazon.com, I only pay .99 for the taxes...the release day shipping is free.

Just my two cents...
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2011
    Doodlesam,

I'll be really upset, if this they don't include a non rabbit hole pet store in the regular version of the expansion pack.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:
    After re-reading it all. It seems EA has can be rather awkward at wording things(Or I'm just awkward at reading things)

"

My interpretation of that is that the limited edition offers a brand new venue type, in this case a pet store. Which includes a new set of 'Pet store' themed items including a register, which allows you to make your own. In order to "change the look and feel of your sim's town", and "give your sims a new place to meet up with other sims and their pets".

However, from the way it's written, it could also mean that the limited edition offers you an exclusive lot made by the developers(NOT the venue type itself), to place in your town as an alternative to the pet stores already there/the ones you've made yourself.

It can go either way, as far as I can tell. So. Still confusing. However I still read it as meaning the former. :S

Doodlesam,

I really hope that's what it means. I really want to be able to include them on my maps.
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited June 2011
    I went to the EA store and it says the same thing. I'm kind of curious why it's different. Now it says "powered by origin". I wonder what that's all about.
    +

"Origin" is the name of EA's new game downloading service (similar to Steam). See the article on Gamespot for more info.
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:

"

Yes, it is very confusing.

I hope this gets cleared up real soon. I really hope that we're just reading it wrong and that we do get to create our own pet shops without the special edition.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    MY only problem with the whole thing, besides it being too early to shell out more money, is that when you click to Pre-Order, the only options are the expedited and the 3-4(something like that) shipping. If I order a game on-line, I want it to be here, at my house, on the day of release. I don't see squat that says "Release Day".....and when I order my games on Amazon.com, I only pay .99 for the taxes...the release day shipping is free.

Just my two cents...

Amazon never has release day shipping up right away.

Doodlesam, I seriously wouldn't sweat it. I am almost positive this limited edition will be the preorder bonus.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:

"

Hi everyone, let me help clear up some confusion on this. This is Graham - I should look into getting my forum name changed to match my twitter. :wink:

Anyone who preorders or purchases the game the 1st day it's out will automatically get the limited edition of The Sims 3 Pets. Any later shipments of the game will just be the normal edition. Both the retail copy and digital downloads will include the limited edition content. The limited edition will come with access to the Pet Store venue, which will include a number of exclusive objects. You'll also be able to build your own Pet Store venue if you wish :D

You get a prebuilt lot that you can place in any of your towns, the ability to designate a lot as a pet store venue and build your own, and a number of exclusive items. You must have the limited edition to access any of this, but let me reiterate that the limited edition does not cost any more than the regular edition.

If you're interested in preordering, it's already available on the brand new service EA launched today named Origin!
    http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.229351900?easid=Origin-Sims3Pets_PreOrder_Web_Herobanner_PreOrder
  • Rud3Rud3 Posts: 1,020
    edited June 2011
    i also believe this limited edition will be a pre order bonus,i have not seen anything yet of a limited edition of the sims 3 pets

tho it is still early to tell

then again i really don't care i pay 60 bucks for 360 games anyway
  • Rud3Rud3 Posts: 1,020
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:

"

Hi everyone, let me help clear up some confusion on this. This is Graham - I should look into getting my forum name changed to match my twitter. :wink:

Anyone who preorders or purchases the game the 1st day it's out will automatically get the limited edition of The Sims 3 Pets. Any later shipments of the game will just be the normal edition. Both the retail copy and digital downloads will include the limited edition content. The limited edition will come with access to the Pet Store venue, which will include a number of exclusive objects. You'll also be able to build your own Pet Store venue if you wish :D

http://store.origin.com/store/ea/en_US/pd/productID.229351900?easid=Origin-Sims3Pets_PreOrder_Web_Herobanner_PreOrder

what if we order from eb games pre order that is or game stop do we still get it or must it be through EA?
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:

"

Thank you so much for clearing everything up. :D

Looks like a day one purchase for me, then.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • lovcatlovcat Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited June 2011
    From what I read now is.. it will be an EAxis made store with special objects connected to the limited edition version. Meaning they make the building and put in unique toys/items. Doesn't mean that we won't get our own pet shop we just won't get their pre-made one and the unique items that comes with it.
  • Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited June 2011
    Me too, I have wondered about it, but thanks for clarifying it up! I usually buy all the expansions at the store on the first day, it comes out, so I will be more likely do that for this expansion. Now, please will Autumn get here hurriedly? LOL!
    edited June 2011
    doodlesam wrote:

"

Thankyou for taking the time to reply. However I have a question. Is this the case for all regions? As in, if I buy/pre-order from a retailer in the UK, will this exclusive content come with it? Or is it just strictly a US thing? On the UK EA Store/Origin there's no mention of this exclusive content. Whereas it is mentioned on the US site.

That's my main concern. :)
    edited June 2011
    Bump? Would kinda like to know this. I really hope this exclusive content is availible everywhere, would be extremly unfair otherwise. :(