Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else dissapointed by this? *Updated - Guru response*

18910111214...Next

Comments

• Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited July 2011
    I hope it is also available in other countries, cause if it is not that would be UNFAIR for the other loyal simmers around the world
  • KatlinemasKatlinemas Posts: 835 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Fluttereyes, I agree. This is ridiculous and I won't stand it. I advise going into customer service and complaining. A lot. I pestered just to point out that EA should just calm down and take their time.

I am also sending a message, continuing my pestering to get my disgust at this across.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    edited July 2011
    Katlinemas

Keep making noise until the injustice stops, don't let it go.

Someone is trying to get all the UK people together over on the Sims 3 UK forum, it's time we stood up to them over this. If I don't get the same as everyone else, from the store of my choice or another store in the UK, then I want the money back for all the Sims 3 stuff I bought, two copies of every EP and Sp plus almost all store sets. No good only having half a game, if I can't add EP's then that's what I'll have. I'm not taking a DD from Origins and I am not buying the basic edition if it doesn't give me the full game.

All UK people should head over to the Sims 3 UK forum and get together on this.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/sims-3/1408646-game-co-uk-response-about-pets-limited-edition.html

This is outrageous.

I see we don't have a lot of support from countries that can just walk out and buy it. Just imagine if it was the other way around and we were getting and you lot weren't.

If we let this one slip, you'll all be in the same boat with the next EP, just mark my words, we are a test.

I WILL NOT TAKE A FORCED DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. I pay for it and the media is my choice.

• DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited July 2011
    Hear hear! If I can't get a disk of this thing with the limited content then EA, you have lost a customer. The Sims is the only game of EA's I actually buy now - screw me over and that's it, I'm done.

I'm not kidding either. We pay more for the EP here in the UK than what we would pay for it in America. We get the EP later than America and now we're getting a reduced service compared with America.

Where is the logic in that? I don't want to use the stupid Origin downloader; I didn't trust the EADM and I don't trust that. People had so many problems with that program and it downright infuriates me that there is no word on a UK disk release of the Limited Edition version of pets.

Think I'm paying £30 for something with missing content or something that I can't even hold in myh ands. Think again.

Your move EA.
  • EmileaStrangeEmileaStrange Posts: 145 New Member
    edited July 2011
    I'm not trying to be rude but, Ea gets extra game spending money because of the pre-orders they get. They NEED that money to finish the game. If it weren't for pre-orders, we wouldn't have a finished EP at all. So, EA rewards those for helping them finish the game. I understand that it is unfair but all games do it because they need the extra cash. I know some people that pre-order a game for the addition gameplay items. They aren't going to stop just because SOME people can't do it. I normally can't but I earned the money to do it so I can have a pet store. It's just a bonus feature for those who can. No ifs, ands or buts about it.
  • slakeyslakey Posts: 396 Member
    edited July 2011
    They don't need that money to finish a game at all, so where ever you read that or whoever told you it's total ********.

I don't mind spending extra money for exclusive content.

People should all be given a Pet Shop, limited edition it's not okay for it to be a pet shop you can place or can walk into, but if they included a rabbit-hole pet shop in the non limited edition game, there wouldn't be all this complaining!

Also why should the UK be the only company where we have to download the Limited Edition copy?

The UK is more then likely the 2nd highest country to buy The Sims franchise and they're testing it out/treating us like this?

I've played The Sims since the very first copy ffs, why should I have to wait hours to download the Limited Edition?!
    edited July 2011
    Too bad. No UK disk release; no preorder from me. I'm not having EA pulling this crap when I'm the one who'll end up with a game that has missing items no matter how important it is.
    edited July 2011
    THERE IS A BIG PRICE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN GAME AND ORIGIN FOR THE UK.

Origin has the Pets Limited Edition listed at £30. http://store.origin.com/store/eaemea/en_GB/pd/productID.229351900/sac.true

GAME is offering Pets at £20 http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads/Simulation-Life/The-Sims-3-Pets/~r355415/?s=sims+3+pets - true to form they have discounted £10. Had this have been the limited edition version they still would have knocked off £5-£10

I know that this is at their disgression but this is exactly why I do not like the idea of digital downloads. If we can only source the game from EA themselves then they can charge us whatever the hell they want as opposed to being competitive with the rest of the market.

This alone is enough of a reason for me to continue to despise EA's digital downloads.

EA wants me to spend an extra tenner just for content that shouldn't have been exclusive in the first place.
  • Arox312Arox312 Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2011
    Does anyone know about the amazon one? on the cover it says limited edition.

But in the Product Features
    Platform: PC/Mac |
    Edition: Standard
    edited July 2011
    GAME is offering Pets at £20 http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PC-Games-and-Downloads...3-Pets/~r355415/?s=sims+3+pets - true to form they have discounted £10. Had this have been the limited edition version they still would have knocked off £5-£10

EA have assured us that the limited edition is the same price as the basic one, so it would have been "20 from Game UK anyway.

Does anyone know about the amazon one? on the cover it says limited edition.

That must be Amazon.com which will be selling the USA version, it won't play in this country. I searched Amazon and they don't have it, that would be because it isn't being released for the UK as yet.

I just double checked and there is no Sims 3 limited edition for sale on Amazon UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_14?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=sims+3+pets+pc&sprefix=sims+3+pets+pc

People should all be given a Pet Shop, limited edition it's not okay for it to be a pet shop you can place or can walk into, but if they included a rabbit-hole pet shop in the non limited edition game, there wouldn't be all this complaining!

It's not just a shop though, it's also all the content that would be sold in the shops like dog leads, etc. Also you won't get the register so they'll all have another shop and we won't.

• CTGjgs985CTGjgs985 Posts: 193
    edited August 2011
    if you get the game after they stop making limited edition, it will probably still be $40 in the US for the first 4+ months just like all the other expansions. I preordered!
  • StrawberryKissieStrawberryKissie Posts: 29
    edited August 2011
    I think EA are being stupid!
    Its like releasing Late Night without all the clubs & bars and including them all in the LE version.

As well as that reasons customers may not be able to buy the limited edition version may be as followed:
    - Some may not be able to afford the LE so that means they have to miss out on a big part of gameplay.
    - Customers may be on holiday whilst the game is released therefore they miss out on the LE game also.
    - LE aint even avaliable to us in the UK. :evil:

I think its stupid, basically EA are only offering exclusive gameplay to America and its customers who are willing to pay out money to get the game on the first day of release.
    Which means we miss out on gameplay which should be included in the standard version anyway!
  • Westess13Westess13 Posts: 153
    edited August 2011
    um, it doesn't cost extra? it costs JUST the same as if you were to buy it after it came out
  • Kamb64Kamb64 Posts: 2,546 Member
    edited August 2011
    goofball68 wrote:
    Yeah that doesn't seem right...

Your siggy...Hot Breath on my pum pum... :lol:
    edited August 2011
    I'll add to this thread again. Is everyone aware that we have to wait for an email from our retailer with the code to download the LE content?

I just think this gets more and more ridiculous as it goes on. I honestly feel EA should have taken the intial feedback on this and used it more constructively, you are alienating far too many customers and that's not good for any business.

I seriously thing you should give this up as a bad idea and put that stuff up as a registration gift. I kn ow I won't buy the next EP due to the hoops I'm having to jump through for this one, I might still not even get this one and it's the one I've been waiting for. I've just been sickened off it with all the palava that surrounds it.

Please learn from this and do the honourable thing and treat your customers right, you know it makes sense. There is far too much confusion around this and people are just fed up now.

• EmmyBirdEmmyBird Posts: 2,188
    edited August 2011
    Wait, so is it we can't have any pet stores unless we preorder?
  • jamiedayejamiedaye Posts: 6
    edited October 2011
    So if we pre order the game from EB Games/Game Stop, do we still get the free bonus stuff or just if we pre order through this website? o,0'
  • swag6883swag6883 Posts: 377
    edited October 2011
    As long as it's limited edition, you get the extra stuff regardless of where you buy it :)
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2011
    All of the retail stores will be selling the Limited Edition of Pets, so if you go to your local game shop, wherever it is you buy your games, tomorrow or the next few days, you should be able to get a limited edition copy of "Pets." When the store runs out of Limited Edition copies and orders more copies of "Pets", the store will get the regular edition.

But, I will say that when I finally broke down and bought The Sims Medieval, I was able to get the Limited Edition version of it long after its initial release, because, believe it or not, Best Buy still had them in stock. So, there's hope that you will be able to get your Limited Edition for quite some time after the release day. You don't have to preorder it to get the pet store.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • YellowbeaverYellowbeaver Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    i bought the limited edition but i wasnt able to figure out how to register a lot as Pet Store and I couldnt find the prebuilt pet store either. Is it like really hidden? or maybe i did something wrong in installing? Can anyone explain or help?
  • ZilvraZilvra Posts: 419 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Hello! You will need to download it from your purchase history in the online store.
  • YellowbeaverYellowbeaver Posts: 2
    edited October 2011
    OH! thank you so much for pointing that out!
  • danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited October 2011
    Westess13 wrote:
    um, it doesn't cost extra? it costs JUST the same as if you were to buy it after it came out

THIS.