Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone else dissapointed by this? *Updated - Guru response*

Comments

• Emjei12Emjei12 Posts: 575 Member
    edited June 2011
    I'm so disappointed by this, I thought they were just giving an already made pet store exclusive for the limited edition :( that's they usually do right? But this time it was too much, removing a main feature to an exp pack was too much, plus there's a 50% chance that not all the country can have this limited edition, how unfair is that?
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    Druscylla wrote:
    Ugh I couldn't find the end of this post so I quoted it all.

I am not saying "buy it first and shut up". I am saying, WHAT IS THE PET STORE? We know it is a pet store in name. We know what one angle of it looks like. But we have no clue what it sells and what it does and I think its silly to get all freaked out by something we don't even have all the facts other than speculation and an idea. Sims players are extremists. Its all or nothing. I am not saying I agree with the decision. But I am saying its not one that is likely to make ME personally flip out. I just think this whole issue is so far out of hand over a game feature that its ridiculous.
    It's the principle of the idea behind what EA are doing that is annoying - why make features exclusive? They've not done it before and they shouldn't do, no other company does this. So far we know that Pets Stores are limited edition items that cannot be built or placed in standard versions. What they do is irrelevant, it's a store - you buy items at one, no item sold at this store is going to be that amazing to make a whole feature exclusive.

What the pet store does is NOT irrelevant. Or else no one would be freaking out. If it was just a rabbithole where you got taken to a CaP screen or sold wacky novelty collars, no one would say boo about it. And annoying or not, there is no reason to resort to name calling and fighting over it. I am not selfish nor ridiculous for refusing to crusade over something that I don't even have the facts on. If everyone wanted solidarity, they have failed spectacularly in alienating their peers who have a different opinion. And they HAVE done it before, but I do not wish to be accused of "clutching at straws" or called names because I disagree with this campaign.

If this store was the only way to even get Pets in a pets expansion pack then I'd protest too, but as it is I have no clue what the thing does.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    If this store was the only way to even get Pets in a pets expansion pack then I'd protest too, but as it is I have no clue what the thing does.

I can see you point. But whatever the pet store does it would be nice if everyone got at least some kind of version of it, right?

I wouldn't mind it the limited edition offered more kinds of collars or toys you could buy at the pet shop or some extra decor. Physical limited edition items like a car or a sofa or whatever many of us are okay with. But when because someone for whatever reason couldn't get the limited edition it's sorta sad they can't have or make a pet store of any kind.

Again, it's like if you didn't get a limited edition Ambitions you don't get the consignment shop. And there is this fear of, okay what's going to be limited next? When will it stop? When will they go too far with nickle and dimming us?

Denying some of an entire venue is overkill. A gun to the head to pre-order when gee, most of us would have jumped for it for an extra dog house or cat bed.

If EA wants more pre-orders then they need to spend more time testing out their product. The reason why so many of us wait is simple, we want to find out what bugs we will be facing. More testing, less bugs more pre-orders EA, duh! (the duh is at EA not you Druscylla) :D
  • DruscyllaDruscylla Posts: 2,532 Member
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:

I can see you point. But whatever the pet store does it would be nice if everyone got at least some kind of version of it, right?

I wouldn't mind it the limited edition offered more kinds of collars or toys you could buy at the pet shop or some extra decor. Physical limited edition items like a car or a sofa or whatever many of us are okay with. But when because someone for whatever reason couldn't get the limited edition it's sorta sad they can't have or make a pet store of any kind.

Again, it's like if you didn't get a limited edition Ambitions you don't get the consignment shop. And there is this fear of, okay what's going to be limited next? When will it stop? When will they go too far with nickle and dimming us?

I totally understand the frustration. But as another user here pointed out with the Sims 3 Collector's Edition - what people got were codes for the exclusives...and the exclusives themselves were totally shared with everyone within a week. Now they are releasing something that you must have the LE to use so it makes me wonder if EA is more trying to reward their paying customers rather than alienate them as is suspect.

I just think that IF it is revealed that this is that huge a thing - when they actually show us what it is, does and sells - it would be more prudent to be able to discuss it without alienating each other and resorting to name calling and snark.
    meow_zpsa650c518.gif
  • GommeIncGommeInc Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited June 2011
    Druscylla wrote:
    What the pet store does is NOT irrelevant. Or else no one would be freaking out. If it was just a rabbithole where you got taken to a CaP screen or sold wacky novelty collars, no one would say boo about it. And annoying or not, there is no reason to resort to name calling and fighting over it. I am not selfish nor ridiculous for refusing to crusade over something that I don't even have the facts on. If everyone wanted solidarity, they have failed spectacularly in alienating their peers who have a different opinion. And they HAVE done it before, but I do not wish to be accused of "clutching at straws" or called names because I disagree with this campaign.
    Err, yeah they will and yes that have. People want the store in the standard edition - full stop. It's in all the threads about it, I'm amazed you've not seen the arguments? It is irrelevant what the store does, because we all have a vague idea what it will do (sell accessories, items or pets, or a mixture of the three). People are campaigning for the store to be added to the game, not for what the store does.
    Druscylla wrote:
    Well obviously it won't, otherwise EA are selling a game to people that will not work... It's like a car company selling an engine or a major part of a car which would deem it useless.
  • SimsprocfunSimsprocfun Posts: 1,499 Member
    edited June 2011

By limiting the pet store to limited edition only it would be like in the past they had decided you could have ONLY got the Consignment Shop IF you got Ambitions limited edition expansion pack. Any world you downloaded the Consignment shop loses it's "limited edition content" such as the register and it reverts to a general community lot. Poof goes the dummies, poof goes the display shelves, poof goes that chance of buying locally a book on SimFu or Nectar Making or Photography or oh hey a time machine for only 9k...

Sure some would say it's a lot but can you imagine how your game play would be different if they hadn't given everyone a consignment shop or the ability to create one? Granted I'm sure a consignment shop isn't nearly as interesting as a pet shop to most. ;)

I totally agree with you in the point of the Consignment register.

As with every previous EP they will prepare for pets a pre-patch which will include already wishes like e.g. "Buy a pet" or "Buy a kitty". So those who haven't bought pets at all or weren't able to get a Limited Edition will be not able to apply those wishes. It is almost like with a "Buy a Hot tube" wish from Late Night. Those who didn't got LN have asked how to apply this wish since they got this wish from the patch but don't have actually Hot tubes in their games.

Certainly the pet venue object is important pets EP feature what we will miss. In my opinion object belongs to the EP not as additional but as core feature.

I understand EA wants to honor pre-order customers with extra content. But in my opinion including extra decorative objects would clearly define normal and Limited Edition.

Without Pet venue, where we can actually buy a pet, Pets EP will be not complete by its purpose in functionality.

I believe if customers get the pet venue object half year later after release date in online store for simpoints or in separate box (like Barnacle Bay world) it would be a fair deal. Pre-ordering customers would have the extra value of this object being free for them and they will have it significantly earlier.
  • VaelynnVaelynn Posts: 272 New Member
    edited June 2011
    OMG EA.... really?

I can't even designate a lot as a "Pet Store" if I don't have the LE? Are you for real? I could live with it if getting the Standard Edition means I miss out on a few special items but this.. This is a feature, you are limiting your feature to selected copies of the game?

This doesn't even make sense at all.
  • deme07deme07 Posts: 476 Member
    edited June 2011
    I don't understand why everyone is so upset, you can get the LE if you pre-order it or get it on the first day of release. It's not like they limited the LE to the first 20 people who buy it or pre-order it, but everyone has a chance to get it. If you pre-order it, guess what you just got the LE, or you go buy it on the first day of release, then guess what you also just got the LE.

As far as it not being available to those in other countries, I doubt EA will forget about the entire EU, or they just might as well shoot themselves in the foot :lol: We also don't have all the information available to us, so we should just be patient and wait to see what the EA team has to tell us.

Oh and I have question, would you have rather EA tell you about the LE in September, right before the EP comes out, or would you rather they tell you about the LE now and give you time to prepare accordingly to get it when it first comes out in October or pre-order? :)
    Origin ID: deme11
    fk5gcj.jpg

edited June 2011
    deme07 wrote:
    Oh and I have question, would you have rather EA tell you about the LE in September, right before the EP comes out, or would you rather they tell you about the LE now and give you time to prepare accordingly to get it when it first comes out in October or pre-order? :)
    Simple. I'd rather there wasn't an LE so everyone can have the Pet Store ;)
  • deme07deme07 Posts: 476 Member
    edited June 2011
    GommeInc wrote:
    deme07 wrote:

But everyone can have a pet store. Every person on this thread can have a pet store if they pre-order it or get it on release day in the stores. Sorry not trying to be mean or rude, but it seems like people feel there is absolutely no way they can get this LE. Also I don't believe it is an integral part of the game because if it was, then it would have been included in the game to begin with. I'm sure EA has thought of a way for sim families to get pets and pet supplies without the pet store; I mean I know EA is not perfect, but they are also not complete idiots.

We all just need to take a breather and wait to see what EA is going to tell us; you never know, they might just tell us that all games will include a pet store or if you didn't get the LE the pet store is available online. :)

And thank you for answering my question :D I was beginning to think that I was invisible haha.
    Origin ID: deme11
    fk5gcj.jpg

edited June 2011
    deme07 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    deme07 wrote:

But everyone can have a pet store. Every person on this thread can have a pet store if they pre-order it or get it on release day in the stores. Sorry not trying to be mean or rude, but it seems like people feel there is absolutely no way they can get this LE. Also I don't believe it is an integral part of the game because if it was, then it would have been included in the game to begin with. I'm sure EA has thought of a way for sim families to get pets and pet supplies without the pet store; I mean I know EA is not perfect, but they are also not complete idiots.

We all just need to take a breather and wait to see what EA is going to tell us; you never know, they might just tell us that all games will include a pet store or if you didn't get the LE the pet store is available online. :)

And thank you for answering my question :D I was beginning to think that I was invisible haha.
    So you think it's right for EA to force people who use Pet Stores to preorder, when many may not like preordering until the "water has been tested"?

And you're welcome :)
  • Sphire_ZiemiaSphire_Ziemia Posts: 1,148 New Member
    edited June 2011
    deme07 wrote:
    GommeInc wrote:
    deme07 wrote:

It's more about what about those who become fans later on or can't get it right away for whatever reason what if they can't get a pet store? A pet store has been a part of the pet expansion pack since the beginning. A lot of us would just like to see everyone get a pet store venue.

It doesn't have to be only for limited edition when most of us really want pets and would pre order it any way.
  • maithamaitha Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2011
    >.<" EA games are so greedy!!!!!!

some people cant get limited edition!!! although they want too!!! this is unfair we want the same for everyone!!!

• ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited June 2011
    maitha wrote:
    >.<" EA games are so greedy!!!!!!

some people cant get limited edition!!! although they want too!!! this is unfair we want the same for everyone!!!

If you can't save $40 between now and OCTOBER, there's something very wrong. Even I can save that much between now and October and I'm truly hopeless with money, as my family can atest too.

What's that? Mowing some lawns during the summer or babysitting or some such thing (if you're in your teens). Such a terrible hardship.

If it doesn't happen to be offered in your country then I could understand it, but most of the protestations are not because it isn't, but because some ppl don't want to be 'forced' to pre-order, which most of you would do anyway.
  • xoallyxoally Posts: 75
    edited June 2011
    I'm glad the limited edition is now available in the UK store, I can now re-preorder it, after cancelling the last one xD
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2011
    I am apalled by some of the rudeness here on this thread. The question shouldn't be 'who can't save up $40 for October' but rather 'why should they have to?'

Fact of the matter is that EA should not have done this in the first place.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2011
    deme07 wrote:

Everyone? Have I missed some news on how people outside the US can get ahold of the LE?
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2011
    I think it's available on the UK store now, but so far I still haven't seen it on GAME.

(They are listing TS3: Pets for Kinect though)
    edited June 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I am apalled by some of the rudeness here on this thread. The question shouldn't be 'who can't save up $40 for October' but rather 'why should they have to?'

Fact of the matter is that EA should not have done this in the first place.

If you call that rude, then I'd hate to see what you'd think if I really was rude.

The rights and wrongs of the situation are not up to me to debate. Far as I can figure it's a pre-order bonus, same as any other. I do remember getting annoyed because there were some nightclubs being offered as pre-order bonus if you happened to live in the USA with LN. I'm not American, and had every plan to pre-order. No problem, ppl will share it on the exchange, was the response I got. The fact that I don't trust the exchange is and was deemed irrelevant. I was about the only person bothered at all.

I had a fairly legitimate reason, which was deemed not important, because ppl could share it. Because in this instance ppl cannot they're getting all het up. Simple way to figure out why ppl are getting all het up.

Ficticious scenario

It is September. There's been a release date for pets given. It is a month away from this ficticious date in September. You have the money to pay for said product. It's sat in a jar by the side of your bed BUT due to knowing about glitches that come with releases and patches, you wish to wait for a couple of weeks after the release to see how bad it will get. You don't want to lose out on the pet store, but you don't want to buy the EP straight away.

Up the road from you lives a man called John Smith. John Smith is happily married. He's got 7 children and works many hours for minimum wage. After the bills, food and pocket money for his children, he has maybe $2 left out of his wages. He, too, plays TS3. He's looking forward to the release of Pets, and has saved a little toward it. He won't have the full amount to pay for the EP until a couple of weeks after release. You and he share happy conversations about TS3 every now and again. You realise that he won't be able to get the pet store. He's just looking forward to the EP, since TS3 is one of his few pleasures in life.

If you were armed with that situation, who would you be protesting for? Yourself or John Smith?
  • peacexxpeacexx Posts: 40
    edited June 2011
    Arletta wrote:
    If you call that rude, then I'd hate to see what you'd think if I really was rude.

The rights and wrongs of the situation are not up to me to debate. Far as I can figure it's a pre-order bonus, same as any other. I do remember getting annoyed because there were some nightclubs being offered as pre-order bonus if you happened to live in the USA with LN. I'm not American, and had every plan to pre-order. No problem, ppl will share it on the exchange, was the response I got. The fact that I don't trust the exchange is and was deemed irrelevant. I was about the only person bothered at all.

I had a fairly legitimate reason, which was deemed not important, because ppl could share it. Because in this instance ppl cannot they're getting all het up. Simple way to figure out why ppl are getting all het up.

Ficticious scenario

It is September. There's been a release date for pets given. It is a month away from this ficticious date in September. You have the money to pay for said product. It's sat in a jar by the side of your bed BUT due to knowing about glitches that come with releases and patches, you wish to wait for a couple of weeks after the release to see how bad it will get. You don't want to lose out on the pet store, but you don't want to buy the EP straight away.

Up the road from you lives a man called John Smith. John Smith is happily married. He's got 7 children and works many hours for minimum wage. After the bills, food and pocket money for his children, he has maybe $2 left out of his wages. He, too, plays TS3. He's looking forward to the release of Pets, and has saved a little toward it. He won't have the full amount to pay for the EP until a couple of weeks after release. You and he share happy conversations about TS3 every now and again. You realise that he won't be able to get the pet store. He's just looking forward to the EP, since TS3 is one of his few pleasures in life.

If you were armed with that situation, who would you be protesting for? Yourself or John Smith?

What exactly was your point?
    edited June 2011
    I didn't have one. I wanted to know who's behalf you would be protesting on. Your own or your neighbours?
  • peacexxpeacexx Posts: 40
    edited June 2011
    Oh, okay.

To be honest, I'm tired of all the fighting. And the only reason it's happening is because people can't respect other people's opinions. You don't like all the negativity going around? Okay, ignore it. If you're pre-ordering the EP, then move on. It has nothing to do with you. It's not going to affect you in anyway whatsoever.

I, for one, am not going to be able to get the game until December. Yeah, and I can't save up money from now until then. And I would like to have a pet store. (As unnecessary as it might seem.) So, if there's any possible chance that we can change their minds, I'll do it. And if in the end, it doesn't work then I'll be mad about it for a while and then move on. Everyone will eventually move on. But in the mean time, I'll fight it. Doesn't affect you? Move on.
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited June 2011
    It is what it is, folks. Electronic Arts has made its decision. You may not like it, but there it is. All the complaining and stomping of feet and cries of "Foul! Unfair, EA!" is not going to change the situation.

The fact is that those who want the pet store will pre-order; those who cannot pre-order will buy it on release day. Don't forget that not everyone in the world plays The Sims 3, but retailers should still carry enough copies of Pets, seeing as how this is a hugely popular expansion pack, that people should be able to still get the limited edition even two weeks after release day. I got my copy of The Sims Medieval limited edition two months after the game was released.

There are people, such as myself, who are not fussed about it because we didn't play the pet store in the Sims 2 and will hardly miss it in the Sims 3.

Besides, if their ploy to generate games sales results in their getting less pre-orders than they anticipated, because all the outraged fans decided *not* to preorder and *not* to buy the Limited Edition just because it violates their sense of fair play...then EA will probably put up an update to enable those without the limited edition to have the coding necessary to have a pet store in your game, and will make said pet store available as a free bundle at the Store. Or they may just charge for it. In which case, there will be even more outrage and cries of "Foul, EA! Unfair!"

Such is life.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
    edited June 2011
    peacexx wrote:
    Oh, okay.

To be honest, I'm tired of all the fighting. And the only reason it's happening is because people can't respect other people's opinions. You don't like all the negativity going around? Okay, ignore it. If you're pre-ordering the EP, then move on. It has nothing to do with you. It's not going to affect you in anyway whatsoever.

I, for one, am not going to be able to get the game until December. Yeah, and I can't save up money from now until then. And I would like to have a pet store. (As unnecessary as it might seem.) So, if there's any possible chance that we can change their minds, I'll do it. And if in the end, it doesn't work then I'll be mad about it for a while and then move on. Everyone will eventually move on. But in the mean time, I'll fight it. Doesn't affect you? Move on.

It doesn't affect me in the slightest as I have no intention on buying. I am a fairly frequent visitor to the forums. I noticed the same threads being bumped to the top and decided to see why. I get curious when ppl are fighting.

I meant no offence to you or anybody else.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2011
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I think it's available on the UK store now, but so far I still haven't seen it on GAME.

(They are listing TS3: Pets for Kinect though)

Hmmm... can you preorder the physical copy? Or is it only the digital download?