Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sunset Valley (Second Edition) - FINAL version available now!

Comments

• Options
    xXJessiXxxXJessiXx Posts: 61 Member
    edited May 2012
    Also wanted to ask if anyone else was having problems entering the equestrian center. When my sim is on horse back and tries to enter it shows the thought bubble foot prints with a red ex through them.

Yeah I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?
  • Options
    MylyrinMylyrin Posts: 34 New Member
    edited May 2012
    is there anyway to get the CAW file? I have all EPs and Stuffs and would like to add in the showtime lots and stuff to the world rather than a save.
  • Options
    onigiriloveronigirilover Posts: 1,240 Member
    edited May 2012
    Hello, this is an awesome world and fits all my needs but I always get Error 12 every time I attempt to save. Si I have no choice but to delete it :cry:

• Options
    tashie_baby11tashie_baby11 Posts: 2,284 New Member
    edited May 2012
    xXJessiXx wrote:
    Also wanted to ask if anyone else was having problems entering the equestrian center. When my sim is on horse back and tries to enter it shows the thought bubble foot prints with a red ex through them.

Yeah I have the same problem. Does anyone know how to fix it?

I would say go onto to the lot in build mode and make sure nothing is blocking the entrance.

I used to play on this world all the time, and I'm downloading it again because I love it so much. I never experienced any error 12 issues when playing, and I do have showtime
  • Options
    chips46chips46 Posts: 3,666 Member
    edited May 2012
    Awesome Just download it from Exchange nicely lade out :thumbup: Thank you LynxAQ
  • Options
    ShaneyBoyShaneyBoy Posts: 2,134 Member
    edited May 2012
    I haven't played sunset valley is so long and I'm excited to finally play it again! :lol:

Thanks for this. I just hope I can add the showtime lots in myself. :P
  • Options
    redheadfan86redheadfan86 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2012
    I added Showtime lots on the stretch of road past the Alto's household. It worked just fine back in that area.
  • Options
    DrewsyFruitDrewsyFruit Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    I downloaded it a while ago and when i would click on it to start a new game, it would quit. (The game would quit.) So I let it go and I downloaded it again this morning and it did the same thing. Any Help?
  • Options
    Atnegam7Atnegam7 Posts: 33 New Member
    edited June 2012
    :D Thank you SO much! It's perfect, You've given my simmies a place to call home!
  • Options
    Della_BrieDella_Brie Posts: 143
    edited June 2012
    The town is slowly coming along - unfortunately I am very busy at work atm which slows down any Sims projects. :( It will take a few weeks.

Stuff packs are not needed to answer a few questions.

This town has all the spawners, it is not missing any spawners other than those that aren't normally found in home towns.

Vast majority of people experience no lag in this town, but it is a big neighbourhood so lower end computers may stutter a bit. Can always give it a try.
    For those that are having trouble/issues with the world and none of the help/advice given here has worked and for those of us waiting for the Show Time update we need to be patient a lil while longer, Lynx may be very busy still and that is why he has not replied in some time.

I do hope all is alright and the updating of the world can be a relaxing and fun time for him after a long day at work. :)
  • Options
    mitsuhoneymitsuhoney Posts: 1,000 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Love what you have done with the town, I notice how all your new placements look neat, simple, and tidy which is my cup of tea. I do have one question: What does the name of this town appear as? Sunset Valley (Second Edition)?

Is it at all possible for me to change it to another name such as "New Sunset Valley"?
  • Options
    elizablaineelizablaine Posts: 283
    edited July 2012
    One of my most favorite towns to play wether it be regular simmies or Medieval ones, in fact I'm in the Process of renovating the town....namely yanking everyone out of their homes and knocking down walls...LOL

Maybe I'll Post some pics once I'm happy with it...that is if anyone's interested!!
  • Options
    LibbyLilyLibbyLily Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Umm... I can't find it. can you help me?the town looks great but i cant find it.
    here is my blog, it has quizes and polls
    http://thesims3cheatsandtips.blogspot.ie/
    :mrgreen::D
  • Options
    ncmonkey01ncmonkey01 Posts: 30
    edited July 2012
    kjones wrote:
    I there space to add a downtown? I love sunset Valley but really like the downtown of Bridgeport..I wish someone could combine the 2 :-)

okay, I know you said that a year ago but whatever!!! :mrgreen: I've been looking for that too-did you ever find one?

Oh, and thanks for this new Sunset Valley! :P
  • Options
    DrewsyFruitDrewsyFruit Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys!

I downloaded it a while ago and when I would click on the village to start a new game, it would start loading, but then CRASH! I deleted the town and tried many other times and all the same result. Does anyone know why? (I'm patched to the latest version.) I tried earlier, and this is what happened:

Exception Raised

Unhandled page fault on read address to 0xfd975d9c at address 0x00906606.

Do you wish to debug it?

Help! I really want to play with this town! :cry:

DrewsyFruit :D
  • Options
    DarkMimiDarkMimi Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2012
    I ended up having it crash my game as well, I think we just need to wait on a newer version because of the recent expansions and patches. When Supernatural comes out, we'll have to probably wait for a new version then too :(

The world is great though! I do suggest that possibly putting in the EA-made lots for Showtime would be a good idea? Of course we can do them on our own but I normally go off the idea of which lot was in a certain spot and try to either match or customize to my satisfaction.
  • Options
    gotgame100123gotgame100123 Posts: 120
    edited July 2012
    ncmonkey01 wrote:
    kjones wrote:
    I there space to add a downtown? I love sunset Valley but really like the downtown of Bridgeport..I wish someone could combine the 2 :-)

okay, I know you said that a year ago but whatever!!! :mrgreen: I've been looking for that too-did you ever find one?

Oh, and thanks for this new Sunset Valley! :P
    I am also looking for that downtown sort of bridgeport feel that also has that sunset valley taste if you find one please tell me
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2012
    My goodness PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do another edition when the next and next expansion comes out!

Sunset Valley is my favorite Town and I miss it greatly everytime I play with expansions (since you lose content if you don't play in the latest town)
  • Options
    mandababy2003mandababy2003 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Is this ever gonna get updated for Showtime? I thought I read somewhere that it was, but Supernatural is just around the corner & then Seasons soon after, and I haven't seen the creator post or anything. I really love this world & am using the current version now. I would love to have an updated version with some more space sculpted out somewhere but I am not talented enough or have the time to try to do it myself.
  • Options
    CHARLIEXVXCHARLIEXVX Posts: 49 New Member
    edited August 2012

has lynx aq finished his showtime version of sunset valley yet ? i cant find the link to it if he has

Della_Brie wrote:
    The town is slowly coming along - unfortunately I am very busy at work atm which slows down any Sims projects. :( It will take a few weeks.

Stuff packs are not needed to answer a few questions.

This town has all the spawners, it is not missing any spawners other than those that aren't normally found in home towns.

Vast majority of people experience no lag in this town, but it is a big neighbourhood so lower end computers may stutter a bit. Can always give it a try.
    For those that are having trouble/issues with the world and none of the help/advice given here has worked and for those of us waiting for the Show Time update we need to be patient a lil while longer, Lynx may be very busy still and that is why he has not replied in some time.

I do hope all is alright and the updating of the world can be a relaxing and fun time for him after a long day at work. :)
  • Options
    NeonivekNeonivek Posts: 1,373 Member
    edited August 2012
    Hmm he said that a very long time ago.

It may be a safe bet to assume this project is dead or on haitus.

At least there are enough open lots that I could easily edit the town for the other expansions. (Afterall Supernatural has only one required venue that isn't that large and Seasons just requires me to either take their updated town square or put in the new lots).

Also it would have been nice if he included a few more spawn tokens in this for the expansion and location unique spawns... but I can live without it (or I could just add it myself, I am hardly against it).
  • Options
    The5point5The5point5 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2012
    I have the expansion packs: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night and Generations, So would I be able to play it? Or do I need to get Pets?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but I'm not going to go through all 49 the pages just to find the answer.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I really do hope all is well with LynxAQ, I am sure his close friends here are letting him know we all sent our best and waiting his return.

Neonivek, isn't Supernatural coming with its own world and I thought that the world was to be like a spookier Sunset Valley? I really need to go to the Supernatural forum soon and find all this out. :oops:

The5point5, I do not think you need pets to use the pet version world, I believe all that should happen is that the items and venue/s for Pets EP will just be removed, but the parts of the world LynxAQ opened up should still be there and useable. I can not test this out for you since I have all EPs, and don't plan on doing a fresh reinstalling for a few weeks from now because of being busy. :?
  • Options
    The5point5The5point5 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited August 2012
    Della_Brie wrote:

The5point5, I do not think you need pets to use the pet version world, I believe all that should happen is that the items and venue/s for Pets EP will just be removed, but the parts of the world LynxAQ opened up should still be there and useable. I can not test this out for you since I have all EPs, and don't plan on doing a fresh reinstalling for a few weeks from now because of being busy. :?

Thanks!
    I installed the Generations Ready Version and it works fine. A little bit of lag, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the custom content I got installed.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Oh, ok, cool, glad you got it. :D

I hope you really enjoy playing it, I know I do, Sunset Valley is the best. :mrgreen:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top