Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited July 2011
    I started a game in Bridgeport (the buggest place of them all!!) with the intent of playing it as if I was playing a World Adventure game. Here's what happened.

The Boosting Effect of the Gym Lot actually is having the reverse affect on Sims. Instead of making it easier to get Athletic Skill Points, it's actually making it harder. My Sim had an easier time gaining Athletic Skill EXP at home then at the Gym. Have not tested this with the library due to the lack of skill books on that lot.

Computers in all of Bridgeport no longer have the Travel option. This includes both High Rise Appartments and traditional homes. The only way to Travel is via Cell Phone in Bridgeport.

Taking a photograph while in a tomb causes the action to fail. After you pop out of the camera interface and you hear the failure or sucess sound, the action queue won't advance at all. This action actually causes the Photography Skill to become corrupt for the rest of the game. Buying a new camera, returning home, reloading the saved game, etc. does not fix the problem. DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY "TAKE A PICTURE OF THIS TOMB ITEM" QUESTS IF YOU CHOOSE TO TRAVEL.

Sims get stuck in an action loop if a Tomb Fire Trap casues them to catch on fire AND they have the Shower in a Can item in their inventory. After extingishing themselves, they will catch on fire again and repeat the process until all Shower in a Can items are gone.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I ran the test again but this time I did 3 tests to see how the results went. All Sims did get the memory. This occurs with the first Sim which causes the 1st Sim to always get the memory of being a partner/owner. The picture I posted earlier about Jennifer getting the memory is because Jennifer was the first (and only) Sim in the household until I moved in additional Sims. I moved in Urblake first and then the Hemlocks second so Urblake is considered by the game as the first Sim.

Here is the video showing 3 different tests.

2nd Partner/Owner Memory glitch video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmQFZ6wXt8I
    The game is behaving properly.

The reason why Sims that move in get that memory notice is because the game treats the move as if they are inheirting everything in that household, similar to how when you kick a Sim out, they treat their personal inventory as if they died and gives all the items to the "next of kin."

I really wouldn't worry too much about this. If it really bothers you THAT MUCH, then delete the memories from the appropriate Sims' scrapbook and pretend that their name isn't on the property deed (even though the game says it is). But, yeah, my original statement holds true: this isn't a bug. This is just how the game behaves.
  • Options
    WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited July 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    I ran the test again but this time I did 3 tests to see how the results went. All Sims did get the memory. This occurs with the first Sim which causes the 1st Sim to always get the memory of being a partner/owner. The picture I posted earlier about Jennifer getting the memory is because Jennifer was the first (and only) Sim in the household until I moved in additional Sims. I moved in Urblake first and then the Hemlocks second so Urblake is considered by the game as the first Sim.

Here is the video showing 3 different tests.

2nd Partner/Owner Memory glitch video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmQFZ6wXt8I
    The game is behaving properly.

The reason why Sims that move in get that memory notice is because the game treats the move as if they are inheirting everything in that household, similar to how when you kick a Sim out, they treat their personal inventory as if they died and gives all the items to the "next of kin."

I really wouldn't worry too much about this. If it really bothers you THAT MUCH, then delete the memories from the appropriate Sims' scrapbook and pretend that their name isn't on the property deed (even though the game says it is). But, yeah, my original statement holds true: this isn't a bug. This is just how the game behaves.
    I see. This behavior must be by design although it is strange that a Sim would get a memory of doing something that they didn't do.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I see. This behavior must be by design although it is strange that a Sim would get a memory of doing something that they didn't do.
    You'd be surprised how common that bug is right now. :)

I keep coming across that bug when I have a large family and one of them gets a party invite. They all the get the invite memory, even though they weren't invited to the party. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2011
    Sorry for not keeping up here guys. I've been busy with other things and will get back to this thread as soon as the SP/Patch come.

I have no new solutions.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Sorry for not keeping up here guys. I've been busy with other things and will get back to this thread as soon as the SP/Patch come.

I have no new solutions.
    It's cool. Take your time. We know that people have lives. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    You'd be surprised how common that bug is right now. :)

I keep coming across that bug when I have a large family and one of them gets a party invite. They all the get the invite memory, even though they weren't invited to the party. :mrgreen:
    The party memory bug, I been encountering that whenever I play the game. Whenever the game said that the Sim (Eg, Jennifer Couture) was invited to a party, the game will say that (via Memory Notification) all Sims got the memory to being invited despite that they were not invited. However, all other Sims do not get the "Attended a Party" memory unless they came to the party.
  • Options
    RubysimRubysim Posts: 5,811 Member
    edited July 2011
    I now have error code 16 :(:(:(

I have uninstalled my CC, and it keeps happening!!! :(

Gallery ID - Rubysim
    Pictures of my sims will be on my page :)
  • Options
    sammib123456sammib123456 Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    I have the 1.22 patch. My game is at 8.0.152.011017. I don’t do mods- too many problems and the game is plenty fun without them. I don’t even bother with cheats like motherload. I own and have installed all of the EPs and SPs. Windows XP, 2GB RAM (about 50% used), NVIDIA GeForce8600. I always start a new family after installing new EP or SP- don’t want to play my legacy families until the kinks are worked out of each game.

So, here is what is happening:

Everything worked great yesterday- love all the new stuff in Generations. Today, I boot it up and suddenly the two adults (parents) in the house are missing all the items that were in their inventory and I can't use the cell phone. They were able to use the wall phone.

However, before I realized this glitch, the father said yes to going on vacation and leaving the kids alone- and they didn't go. So, now the adults can't travel to China or anywhere. Oi... I know glitches happen in releases- so I am patient, but anyone else having this trouble? Thoughts on how to fix it?
    When the two parents aged up from young adult to adult, I regained access to their backpacks and cell phones, but the objects they had (a stroller and book required to complete and Education career opportunity) did not return. They remain able to travel, though they are having great mid-life crises! :D

Just to be sure, I logged out and back in and the adults continue to have access to their backpacks and cell phones and the Charisma book I placed in the father’s inventory is still there. So, apparently aging up solved that problem, though they still can’t travel. On the cell phone (and computer), they “Travel” is grayed out and says, “The adults in the household are already traveling.”

Thanks for the help and this forum discussion!

DID ANYBODY ACTUALLY SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? I am also experiencing the problem that the adults in the household cannot travel. Does anybody know how to solve this? I am really stuck and it is so frustrating!
  • Options
    fluffyhead25fluffyhead25 Posts: 21
    edited July 2011
    I installed game update to version 6.5.1.011031 2 days ago and since then when open my saved game my sim has forgotten or lost a lot of skills and objects.

They have forgotten half of their known recipes. This includes ambrosia, stuffed turkey, lobster thermidor, baked angle food cake amongst others and all recipes bought whilst travelling abroad which is very annoying and costly!

They had completed the 'all recipes known' skill challenge for cooking skill but now says they haven't.

All special fruits etc have disappeared from the fridge including death fish and life fruit (which are useless now anyway as my sim has forgotten how to make ambrosia.)

My sim's net worth has dropped by $100,000

All items in the family inventory in buy mode have disappeared.

The stereo is really loud when you go to the home lot or visit a neighbour even though the game and computer audio settings are correct and the sims stereo is set to low volume.

The TV keeps turning itself on.

My sim's age has gone backwards by 4 days but the saved game has opened in the place i last saved it?

I was in champs les sims when i updated the game and now the adventure board does not give any adventures.

I really wish i hadn't updated the game!!!

My system settings are:
    Base game: Sims 3 (uk version)
    Expansion packs: world adventures, ambitions & late night
    No cc or mods in game
    processor: intel core2 duo cpu E6850 @ 3.00ghz
    ram: 6gb
    graphics card: Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 560 Ti Super OverClock
    operating system: windows 7

Some of those things like when the tv turns on by itself and food dissappearing can be caused by gnomes. hope this helps!
  • Options
    jazzmajikjazzmajik Posts: 47
    edited July 2011
    My problem with generations is I took my sims to china for a holiday bought board breakers incense and the dummy thing forgot the name of it, when I got home to put them on the lot, I have the incense just in my bag but nothing in the family inventory even any rewards for being a celebrity. I know my sims should have a heap of things in the family inventory. When you put books into the bookcase you need to open the bookcase to find all the books you can't just read a book because they don't all show.I am really annoyed that the camera doesn't work as I worked hard to get a lot of my photos and fill out all the topics. On one of my families I had four photo assignments completed. A lot of my female sims had the Gallery Life time wish. So now I have to change their life time wish which uses up my points I could spend on better things.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I do not know if this was reported because I did not see it in the list. Whenever I insert The Sims 3 Generations DVD, it will open the uninstall dialog rather than The Sims 3 Launcher. Here is the picture of the dialog that appears when I insert the DVD; I also get a UAC prompt:
    TS3%20Gen%20Uninstall.png?psid=1
    It will ask me if I want to remove Generations, perhaps this might be an issue with the disc itself?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Huh, I keep corrupting the Photo Skill now ever since I started attempting to take more photographs. I knew the skill was broken, but I didn't know it was this bad.

Here's how I usually take photographs:

move my Sim into position
    shift+C to activate camera
    pause while in the photography UI
    compose shot
    take picture
    unpause when I've exited the photo UI

Sometimes I will unpause the game so I can get a better shot, especially if I'm shooting a Sim playing an intrument. Apparently somewhere between pausing and unpausing, the photography action gets corrupted and the game is unable to finish the action. Once I exit the photo UI, my Sim just stands there and the camera icon still stays in the action queue.

I have reason to suspect that the new video camera may be the reason for this. I noticed that when you go into the video camera UI, it unpauses the game until you exit out of it (naturally). The two cameras may be getting confused somehow on a coding level where if you pause while taking a still photograph, the game may not be able to process the image properly.

Interestingly enough, I never had this problem while painting still life images in my previous test game.

Oh well, just thought I'd report it. If anyone has any idea what may or may not be going on, please share. I just hope we get patch notes this time come Tuesday, and that the Photo skill is fixed by then.
  • Options
    squzalkittysquzalkitty Posts: 143 New Member
    edited July 2011
    no mods, no CC. wondows 7, all eps except for fast lane and outdoor.

i just got generations today.

here are my bugs:

girl dose "sneaks out" action everywhere she walks

sims birthday pop up comes up but they don't age at all

teen was romantic with other sim but now the romantic button won't come up when she is socializing with him. she did manage to ask him to prom and they went and he told her he really liked her. now they are best friends and when i click on him it says he can take her for a driving lesson (only adults can do that)

memories don't show pics of sims. (just gray with pic of heart for falling in love)

i mad a bad sim, not going to work or school, well hardly
    i made it so she skips curfew pulls pranks that kind of thing. cops show up and take her to her house(alot)but one time she was out in town and skipped curfew and cops showed up but her picture completely disappeared from the left where you click to pick sims. i looked in her mothers memories and it said died, just died thats it no pic of what sim died. i made a joke that the cops took her off to jail. but i really don't think that what happened. i can't find if anyone else has the same problem.

also a screen pop up that said someone died, but it didn't say who the sims name was blank.

i can't pick up furniture to put in sims inventory. no little hand. he moved out.

i'm sure i have more but so far i didn't find anything else to suspicious.
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited July 2011
    Okay, I did notgo through the long list of bugs so sorry if it's mentioned before.

The female kids top, darker greenish one with black stripes on the shoulders doesn't recolour properly, one set of black stripes stay black.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok Guys. The patch is out and the list of fixes is LOOOONG: http://www.thesims3.com/game/patches/351850303

I won't have much time till tomorrow evening unfortunately but I will fill that empty post on the first page with new bugs you guys see.

Fixed issues will get a little fixed icons but you will need to give me time for that. If you find any bug fixes that are NOT on the list, please report as well.
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    edited July 2011
    My CAS is borked up after the patch. I have removed ALL mods (I was certain this time, LOL) and started up the game with no custom content to run a test neighborhood.

When I click on hair, it zooms in but I can't choose any hair, the menu doesn't open. Next I click on change looks and it opens up the 'basics' menu where you choose name, body style, etc. After that, clicking on the icons to change clothing, etc, does nothing.

I'm going to completely move the mods folder out of my directory next (because I just clicked the no custom content box on the launcher) and try again. I'll report back if that makes any difference but, ugh. What a great way to start off the patch.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Is this a new game or the existing one, little unclear on that ? What mods did you have in ? Some need extra uninstall steps to not mess up an existing game
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Is this a new game or the existing one, little unclear on that ? What mods did you have in ? Some need extra uninstall steps to not mess up an existing game

New game, I always set up a new test neighborhood with each patch so as not to mess up existing games. I had only Twallen's mods. I know about the interaction injections but this is a brand new game I'm trying to start up.

ETA: I also removed all cache files.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Lets wait if there are more reports on that.

To all:
    Many people seem to be seeing an invalid file error. Please check this thread for a solution:
    Solution for "Update Error: Invalid File Found" Patch 1.24
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    EIisabetta wrote:
    My CAS is borked up after the patch. I have removed ALL mods (I was certain this time, LOL) and started up the game with no custom content to run a test neighborhood.

When I click on hair, it zooms in but I can't choose any hair, the menu doesn't open. Next I click on change looks and it opens up the 'basics' menu where you choose name, body style, etc. After that, clicking on the icons to change clothing, etc, does nothing.

I'm going to completely move the mods folder out of my directory next (because I just clicked the no custom content box on the launcher) and try again. I'll report back if that makes any difference but, ugh. What a great way to start off the patch.

An update. I can change outfits and traits now but still not hair and clicking on randomize completely locks up CAS. I'm suspecting hair is an issue and I have ZERO custom hair in my game right now.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Try the factory reset linked in the first post.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    Try the factory reset linked in the first post.

There must be something conflicting because that cleared up the issue. I had zero mods and CC in at the time I was having the issue but it could have been some store content. I haven't started moving things back in yet to see what might have caused the problem because I want a totally clean game to try out for a bit.

One thing they did not fix is the entire family getting a memory when you teach a toddler to walk/talk/potty train. Annoying.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    First off, updating my System Info for whoever is keeping notes on those kind of things.
    CPU: AMD 2.2GHZ Dual Core
    RAM: 3GB
    Video Card: GeForce 1GB 128-bit

Sims 3 Base Game - 1.24.3
    World Adventures - 2.3.33
    HELS - 3.2.8
    Ambitions - 4.2.32
    FLS - 5.0.44
    Late Night - 6.1.11
    OLS - 7.3.2
    Generations - 8.0.152
    TLS - 9.0.73

As usual, I'm running Mod and CC Free. I haven't had a chance to PLAY my game after installing TLS, but what little I did play today was interesting. (I'm playing out of Bridgeport because I have big plans for that poor excuse of a Museum they have there.)

No new bugs to report, but I noticed some fixes that the Patch Notes weren't clear on.

The "Muscle Definition/Body Hair No Sticking via CAS Cheat" has been fixed. Both actually stuck to the Sim I created to purposely test this.

I also noticed that on my end the Empty Club bug is finally gone. News papers are still missing the Hot Spot report, unfortunately, but unless I get the prompt now that says a venue is dead, I see at least five Sims in my clubs now. In Dive Bars, I'm actually seeing around ten or so around Happy Hour, which is kind of exciting to me. I hope others are seeing this as well.

Unfortunately, the other exisiting bug I still found was that the Gym in Bridgeport is still not giving the location bonus the other towns have when your Sim works out at a gym instead of at home.

That's all for tonight. I'll probably do a full-day test tomorrow or Wednesday depending on what happens to help you out on what's been fixed and what hasn't.
  • Options
    RueSaultRueSault Posts: 116 Member
    edited July 2011
    Couple of issues...

One... If my sim cheats and they have kids at boarding school, one of them will appear at the house and be all disgruntled (fine) but then they never go back to boarding school, nor can I remove them or sign them up to go elsewhere, nor can they go to the regular school

Two... Say my teen becomes a young adult and wants to move out on his own... If I move him out and make HIM the new active family, aging stops altogether... for the whole town... Even if I quit the game and restart. Even if I take aging off and then put it back on... Even if I reset the lifetime defaults... even if I go and change to another active home... Even if I start a new family... Once that's happened... it won't start aging back up for anyone, which may be ok in my present family, but then no one ages up with him...

So the whole point of generations where you grow up with someone and then run off in the sunset happily ever after is moot because they won't age up!...

Oh and what's with my butler constantly quitting? Anytime someone new moves in or my household changes, I have to recall the butler...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top