Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• Options
    crystalbriggscrystalbriggs Posts: 17
    edited July 2011
    I just updated my sims game I was having the travel problem not getting my nectar maker and stuff, but now when I travel my sim disappears completly all the boxes on my screen are blank, what do i do please.....
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the reports.

First I want to say, that you will need to test on NEW games. If you had an error before the patch, it won't be gone. So if you had an issue in your hood, you will still see the kind of corruption like jumping or missing UIs.

I would advise everyone to salvage their games and start over in a new hood or use mods to correct the issues.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    KomuriKomuri Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    I just installed the new patch and now my sim who is a rock star can no longer perform concerts, and now when i hover over "perform concert" it says he is already doing it, but he's just outside, the scrap book doesn't work anymore, i click it and nothing happens, and my teen sim can no longer go to sleep.
    It's really irritating...
  • Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited July 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    First I want to say, that you will need to test on NEW games. If you had an error before the patch, it won't be gone. So if you had an issue in your hood, you will still see the kind of corruption like jumping or missing UIs.
    Oh... Whoops... :oops:

Actually, what I did was take one of my "Modded Map" Saves and used the Duplicate Town option in the main menu. From what I gathered, that button seems to work as a Save As feature, but in the cloning process actually creates a new save that supposedly acts like as if I started a new game. We'll see what happens later today when I do my full test, but I'm not looking forward to having to drop the lots I made and then deleting the Junkyard spawners by hand from the lot the game "automagically" placed it in because of Ambitions.

EDIT: Nevermind. :roll: Looks like I'll have to save my lots to the BIN folder again, and then go through the whole process of dropping them into a fresh map of Bridgeport. I still have the photobug they fixed, though I find it odd that the Empty Club bug was fixed when I Duplicated the town.

So for all those people that claim "Save As" will help get rid of bugs post-patch? It won't.

Testing will continue after I help my sister move some stuff into storage.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    naturelover101naturelover101 Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2011
    I still can't tell ghost stories or click the bed and ask to pillow fight with ....
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @naturelover101: Did you try that on a new game ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Well, I'm a little bit more than upset right now at this patch.

I've been testing the Photo skill all day, and I found something rather disturbing.

They only half-fixed the problem.

Here are my observation notes I took while I was playing.
    - Took a photo of a car, but it came up as a picture of City Hall. Took a picture of City Hall, and it came up as an Everyday Object.

- Observation: While photography has been fixed, I'm noticing lag when you exit out of Camera mode as the picture is being developed. Possibly the patch over-riding the hang up from the previous patch, but the process is very noticable.

- Went to Egypt. Bought the best camera in the game. Took my first picture. The hanging photo bug that was said to be fixed wasn't fixed. (To emphesise, this is on a new game. Playing out of Bridgeport.) Was upgrading from the level 2 camera in the game, which was able to take pictures just fine before traveling.
    -->ADDITION: Reloading the back-up on this saved game after rebooting the game shed some light on the subject. While the photo bug has been fixed, if you save
    your game and come back to it later, you'll get the photo bug again. Again, this is on a new game, playing out of Bridgeport, but this time I didn't travel. I just tried to take a picture in the room my Sim was in after I rebooted the game.

So, yeah. Clean slate game. Ended up doing a factory reset. Started a new game after dropping a few lots I wanted in my game (namely a consignment store so I can get the camera as early as possible). And I discover that the Photo bug still occurs on my end IF YOU SAVE YOUR NEW GAME AND THEN RELOAD IT AT A LATER TIME!

I didn't test if the bug comes up if you don't save but still travel, as there is that loading screen between locations, but it wouldn't surprise me if that also revived the Photo bug.
  • Options
    meggylou0522meggylou0522 Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    I'm having issues with Children learning the cooking skill. Children will gain skill points, but these points will not be under the skill tab. Additionally, I've had a notification that the child has learned all s/he can while baking for the first time (in this case the skill points weren't displayed either).

I am having the same issue in my game...although it isn't just the children that don't have skills in the skills tab, it's everyone. They learn everything they can the first time they do the task but when I click on the skills tab, it simply says that my sim has no skills. This is severely frustrating...I don't know how to fix it and I am tired of having three options for food, Autumn salad, mac and cheese and waffles. Please Help!
  • Options
    Pirategirl952Pirategirl952 Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Just got the new patch- Loaded a savefile, attempted to swtich families, and the game gave me the little "loading" thing... And then it disappeared, leaving me just looking at the neighborhood, in control of nothing.
    I tried switching to other families in that neighborhood and it worked fine, and i tried in another file and it worked fine, it appears to be just that family.
    I tried moving that family to a new house, still nothing.
    is there anything i can do?
    the only cc i have is from the sims store, if that counts.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Do you have the Spellbook? Did you get it when it first came out? If so, I'd uninstall that, as I discovered it can corrupt Sims by accident, making it bad CC (or more appropriate DLC).

Then again, the issues I came across with it seem to be exclusive to my set up, but it doesn't hurt to be safe.
  • Options
    Pirategirl952Pirategirl952 Posts: 108 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    Do you have the Spellbook? Did you get it when it first came out? If so, I'd uninstall that, as I discovered it can corrupt Sims by accident, making it bad CC (or more appropriate DLC).

Then again, the issues I came across with it seem to be exclusive to my set up, but it doesn't hurt to be safe.

No I don't have the spellbook, but thanks :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @Zeek: For me the photography did not work at all. New setup, new game, bought the camera via buydebug, took a pic, Sim froze. Same on an existing game. So, not fixed in my opinion.

@Pirategirl952: It could be that if you had an existing game there is some corruption going on in your family and if there is, moving is impossible. Pangu's Axe also has the tendency to have that effect.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Zeek: For me the photography did not work at all. New setup, new game, bought the camera via buydebug, took a pic, Sim froze. Same on an existing game. So, not fixed in my opinion.
    Which camera did you buy? I was trying to avoid buydebug during my testing and was only able to get the Level 2 camera from the consignment store (I've never used the "All in one" camera. EVER.), and I was able to take pictures with that one just fine. It's when you move up to the digital SLR camera was when I noticed the problem. After that, the "Point and Shoot" camera started to do the same thing because of the reboot association I discovered.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I got the cheap one for §250 :)
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    chazzymcchazzymc Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone help? Since downloading the new updates my game crashes and freezes after 5mins of normal gameplay. I uninstalled all of the games and EPs but with no luck. I'm really hacked off as it was running fine before this update! Any ideas? (my game is completely up to date and I have no custom content installed)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! (I have a 2010 MacBook pro if that helps?) cheers.
  • Options
    squzalkittysquzalkitty Posts: 143 New Member
    edited July 2011
    no mods, no CC. wondows 7, all eps except for fast lane and outdoor.

i just got generations today.

here are my bugs:

girl dose "sneaks out" action everywhere she walks

sims birthday pop up comes up but they don't age at all

memories don't show pics of sims. (just gray with pic of heart for falling in love)

i mad a bad sim, not going to work or school, well hardly
    i made it so she skips curfew pulls pranks that kind of thing. cops show up and take her to her house(alot)but one time she was out in town and skipped curfew and cops showed up but her picture completely disappeared from the left where you click to pick sims. i looked in her mothers memories and it said died, just died thats it no pic of what sim died. i made a joke that the cops took her off to jail. but i really don't think that what happened. i can't find if anyone else has the same problem.

i can't pick up furniture to put in sims inventory. no little hand. he moved out.

quote]

my girl sneaks around not sure on others, keep you posted about them.
  • Options
    naturelover101naturelover101 Posts: 137 Member
    edited July 2011
    thanks your idea worked the ghost story glitch is gone :) but only in a new saved game but it means I am going to have to copy everything over from my corrupted save file to the new one great!! :?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    thanks your idea worked the ghost story glitch is gone :) but only in a new saved game but it means I am going to have to copy everything over from my corrupted save file to the new one great!! :?
    I know. it's a pain, especially for someone like me that has a lot of lots in the previous towns to keep them up-to-date.

*leaves to design a Fire Station for Sunset Valley*
  • Options
    Janina1211Janina1211 Posts: 892 New Member
    edited July 2011
    are there any news about the missing interactions? I have the actual patch 1.24 but still my sims can't make all interactions (like jumping in the arms of the partner - is missing at all...) I have no mods or hacks (just the overwatch)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    @chazzymc: Do you have the new Mac OS ? There seem to be loads of problems with it. I would suggest reading/posting in the Mac forum

@Janina1211: Did you try a new game

As for the rest. Please check the first page for existing bugs and solutions available. Don't have anything else.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    what do you mean new game? Yes since the patch I played a new family... still some interactions are missing completly on all my sims :-(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Hey, can someone duplicate this test for me? I've noticed that whenever you have Babies/Toddlers in your household, the Free Will AI actually lags because it's not sure what to do next. It gets really bad with butlars in the house, especially when several objects break (sinks, toilets, etc.). I'd like someone to see if they can duplicate this, because all that needs to be done is find a household with a baby/toddler and just let the game run on Free Will without any player interferance.
    Janina1211 wrote:
    what do you mean new game?
    Click the plus sign on the main menu that says "New Game."
    Click on the Drop Down menu and pick a town. Any town.
    Click the check mark/OK.
    Watch the fly-by of the city after it loads.
    Select an exisiting household or move in a household from your folder.
    Click OK again on that screen.

There. You've started a new game. Test your Missing Interaction Bug in the same scenario that you experianced it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Thank you for your help! I started a new game - did exactly like you said - still some interactions that I mentioned are missing at all (like they never existed - If I wouldn't know that they were there once... cause I can't even "Choose" this missing interactions... you understand what I'm trying to say? It's hard for me to explain it in english...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Then do it in German. One German post will be fine, I guess :)
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top