This post is not maintained by me anymore.
Pets bug thread is here:
I have moved my blog. Not going to update all Links in this thread.
My blog can now be found here:
Twallan has also moved. His mods are now here:
Many people seem to be seeing an invalid file error. Please check this thread for a solution:
The new patch is out with a very long list of bug fixes:
I don't have much time right now so I won't be doing any updating here anymore. I'll be back with a new bug thread when Pets comes out.
Check my blog for news:
Please feel free to post NEW issues and fixed issues that are NOT on that long list.
Before updating your game and/or installing the new EP, please make sure to follow these steps:
Ask here, if anything is unclear. It will help you avoid most patching problems.
There is no need for reading this whole thread but please check my posts on this first page if your issue has been reported and only post if you have extra info to add.
Please post all your Generations bugs in this thread. I will try to compile them. I will forewarn you that I’ll be on vacation from June 8th to June 18th and probably won’t have a proper Internet connection. So you’ll be on your own during that time. If anyone wants to help out during this time, just let me know so we can set something up that people know where to look.
Remember that the patch will make your game ‘EP’ ready. Most of the bugs (unless they are specific to functionality of the EP) and fixes will also apply if you only have the patch and NOT the EP.
As it seems you get memories, the age sliders and body hair with the patch. I've not been able to figure out the collections/filter yet. It's there but greyed out.
Please post the following info and I’d appreciate it if you follow the rules
1. Are you using any CC or mods ?
2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the ‘big ones’ like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
3. If you’re not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
4. What EPs do you own
5. What patch level (game version) are you currently at. I need the version of your base game. You find it in your launcher when you hover over the basegame icon. I need the one that starts with 1.xx
6. Some basic Info about your Computer (please NO DxDiag, can’t read them anyways). Processor, Amount of RAM, Graphic Card and Operating System (Mac, Win 7, Win XP, …)
7. Did you start a new game for Generations or are you playing an existing ones
8. What town are you playing ? EA or Custom ?
No more rules. Post ahead.
Please read these older posts for more information
- (this thread has tons of info in the first post that I’m not going to repeat. Please read there)
If you are experiencing crashes after load screen or after a few minutes of game play, it's most likely a problem. The game has now a new .exe file in your base game folder. Make sure to add the following new files to your DEP:
TS3EP04.EXE in your Generations\bin folder
TS3W.EXE in your base game\bin folder.
There seem many issue like crashes and not being able to open the Launcher. Please check the Mac Forum and this thread for details: .
There also seems an issue with after long play session.
Can't upload memories cause they can't type the '@'.
--> Please check this thread for more info on mac issues:
Things to try
- Move your family out and back in.
- the sim ?
- Move your Sims to a new town. Save them to the bin for that. Use Twallan's Porter if you don't want to loose the relationships.
A word on Mods/Hacks
It's ok to use them, I do too (I even recommend some of them), but please please, educate yourself about them. Don't just pop something in. There are many mods that conflict with each other and there are many mods that will be outdated with every patch (that's how it works).
Some of the mods need to be uninstalled in a special way but it will always tell you in the mod description if that is the case. So PLEASE read them and DO what it says.
Instructions how to install a mod can be found here:
Instructions how to uninstall a mod can be found here:
MC = MasterController = Mod by Twallan
SP = StoryProgression Mod = Mod by Twallan
CC = Custom Content = cloth, objects, hair, etc from third-parties you add to your game.
DEP = Data Execution Prevention = Windows security feature.