Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generations Bug Thread - Please see compiled list on first page before posting.

Comments

• KomuriKomuri Posts: 6
    edited August 2011
    Yeah I'm controlling the sim, and no I'm not using any mods, well unless custom content counts.
  • ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited August 2011
    crinrict wrote:
    @Zeek: And how can that cheat change a Sims gender ?
    It doesn't. It just forces a Sim to do their specific animations. It doesn't bring up Create-a-Sim or anything like that. All it does is cause a new action icon to appear in their queue that causes them to do the animation you selected from the cheat.

The original post that mentioned the cheat said something about going into CAS. MovieMaker doesn't do that. It's quite possible the poster is talking about the "Edit in Create-a-Sim" cheat.
  • Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited August 2011
    Zeke says, "seeing how the technical department rarely ever comes in and says "Thank you, we'll fix that for you right away."

Hi Zeke!! You mean there is a technical department????? ;)

--Faith :)
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • WebsterlxlWebsterlxl Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    Hello i for the past 3 weeks sims has not been working i cant even start up the game when i click the play button nothing happens it just its there for hours or some times it just says sims 3 lauchers shutting down and it shutts down i getting so made im a new sims players and iv spent all this money and i cant even play it and i have a uptodate alienware desktop so its not my pc
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    edited August 2011
    Well I had issues with my teen not going to boarding school (and being unable to do anything with them regarding school - as was reported by others). But by starting a new game before this most recent patch, I was able to successfully send them to boarding school. with the updated patch, my teen came back when his cousin got married. He does appear enrolled at the local school, but there is no option to send him back to boarding school and no option to enrol him afterschool activities.

I had thought the patch was supposed to fix boarding school problems. I have no custom content.
    edited August 2011
    cherpar wrote:
    Well I had issues with my teen not going to boarding school (and being unable to do anything with them regarding school - as was reported by others). But by starting a new game before this most recent patch, I was able to successfully send them to boarding school. with the updated patch, my teen came back when his cousin got married. He does appear enrolled at the local school, but there is no option to send him back to boarding school and no option to enrol him afterschool activities.

I had thought the patch was supposed to fix boarding school problems. I have no custom content.
    There's your problem.

You are running a saved game that (for some reason that I never really understood) retained the pre-patch data that causes Sims to come home from Boarding Schools. You need to start a new game again after you've patched your game. Should go away at that point.
  • purplespiralpurplespiral Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    I just installed The Sims 3 Generations and Town Life stuff on my computer yesterday. I have been having sooo many problems with it.
    1) During my sims wedding, a meteor hit the party and killed half the guests. Then on their honeymoon in france, another meteor hit the street. What the heck!?
    2) Once back home, it said that my sims husband was a complete stranger. They've been dating since high school...
    3) My sims have a moodlet that says theres dirty surroundings. It won't go away. I've had them clean the whole house, and I've looked under all the objects in the house. Theres nothing dirty.
    4) Whenever my sims invite friends over or try to throw a party on their home lot, no one will show up. And carpools for work won't show up. Parties on other lots are just fine though.
    5) When I tried to move my sim to a different house, it just kept loading and loading and it wouldn't work at all. I finally had to shut down the program, open it again, and 'evict' her from her apartment and then place her somewhere else in town.
    6) Zooming or panning around the camera is really slow.
    I have all expansions and stuff packs(except for Fast Lane stuff) and my game is up to date with patches. I've never had problems like these in my game. What is going on? Is anyone else having these problems? How do I fix them!?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2011
    When you give gifts and flowers they don't go in the sims inventory you give them too. Be warned you will lose them.

Latest patch,64 bit and no cc or mods.
  • psmwebpsmweb Posts: 12 New Member
    edited August 2011
    Hi, I have problem traveling to any destination since I install Generations. Can somebody help me. I do have all uppdates and even 1.24 for the base game, when I phone for travel it starts loading but cant load it till the end, it stops and its very annoying. I try diff countryies but still the same lag. I use latest twallan mods: Overwatch, Mastercontroler and Errortrap, but still they dont help much.
    edited August 2011
    psmweb wrote:
    Hi, I have problem traveling to any destination since I install Generations. Can somebody help me. I do have all uppdates and even 1.24 for the base game, when I phone for travel it starts loading but cant load it till the end, it stops and its very annoying. I try diff countryies but still the same lag. I use latest twallan mods: Overwatch, Mastercontroler and Errortrap, but still they dont help much.
    Did you, like, leave for an hour and it still didn't load? Because that's what I'd do before calling it a problem.
    edited August 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    Did you, like, leave for an hour and it still didn't load? Because that's what I'd do before calling it a problem.
    I do leave the game and wate but it load blank destination into that country without my family or any sim and I cant do anything.
    edited August 2011
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    I do leave the game and wate but it load blank destination into that country without my family or any sim and I cant do anything.
    Okay, that's an entirely DIFFERENT problem than what I thought was going on.

I thought that the loading screen got stuck for one reason or another.

What's really happening is that you can "go" to the travel destination, but none of the lots or Sims show up. You just have a blank world map, correct?
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited August 2011
    @Komuri: Weird. Did you always have them in your field of view ? Maybe they did some autonomous woohoo ?

@Websterlxl: Try the factory reset described on the first page.

@cherpar: Not sure if they fixed ALL the problems. They fixed the prom one. Use the moveObjects cheat to delete the Sim and they should be back in boarding school. Make a backup first.

@purplespiral: Are you using any hacks ? Many meteors seem to be because of Buzzler's mods. Update those. If you have other outdated mods, remove them or update.

@catloverplayer: Since the patch or also before ? I've not seen this issue. Is it happening always or do you see a pattern ?

@psmweb: Try switching your active family and then switch back to yours.

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

edited August 2011
    Well one of the sims was just standing there and suddenly music played (the one when you complete a life time goal) and then she was pregnant.
    Another sim i haven't really been playing much of her, but the same thing happened to her, and then i didn't play a her for awhile, but i saw her in town today and she's pregnant again, it's weird.
    edited August 2011
    Yes, definitely sounds weird.

The one you haven't played in a while, was she inactive at the time or do you just let your active Sims do whatever they want ?
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited August 2011
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:

What's really happening is that you can "go" to the travel destination, but none of the lots or Sims show up. You just have a blank world map, correct?
    Yes, that is correct, it load in like 5 min, but blank world
  • littlelawchicklittlelawchick Posts: 55
    edited August 2011
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    Hi, I have problem traveling to any destination since I install Generations. Can somebody help me. I do have all uppdates and even 1.24 for the base game, when I phone for travel it starts loading but cant loa :cry:d it till the end, it stops and its very annoying. I try diff countryies but still the same lag. I use latest twallan mods: Overwatch, Mastercontroler and Errortrap, but still they dont help much.

I have this as well, I accidently saced it and now Ive lost my entire family, house and everything :cry:
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited August 2011
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    Hi, I have problem traveling to any destination since I install Generations. Can somebody help me. I do have all uppdates and even 1.24 for the base game, when I phone for travel it starts loading but cant loa :cry:d it till the end, it stops and its very annoying. I try diff countryies but still the same lag. I use latest twallan mods: Overwatch, Mastercontroler and Errortrap, but still they dont help much.

I have this as well, I accidently saced it and now Ive lost my entire family, house and everything :cry:

You can revert to a previous save. Go into your saves folder, right click on your game and choose "restore previous versions". Choose the save just before the last one, and you'll have your family back.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • littlelawchicklittlelawchick Posts: 55
    edited August 2011
    ldmarko wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:
    ZeekSlider wrote:
    psmweb wrote:

You can revert to a previous save. Go into your saves folder, right click on your game and choose "restore previous versions". Choose the save just before the last one, and you'll have your family back.
    wheres that folder at?
    edited August 2011
    @crinrict: I keep everone as active so there is a chance she some of those pregnancy's are down to features in the game.
    But i've noticed this doesn't happen with sims who were made after the update.
  • BeautBeaut Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I posted about a no one ever comes to party problem, but actually it seems to be a blank/shifting person avatar bug which can be resolved with a little jiggery pokery. If you do have any avatars of characters that eithr display the wrong person or come up blank, inviting them to a party will result in no guests arriving.

B xxx
  • little_simsgemlittle_simsgem Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    jojodh wrote:
    I can't take photos since I installed Generations. I buy a camera when I'm on vacation but when I take a photo my sim freeze and I have to quit the game and start all over. It dosen't matter wich camera i use sim freeze when I take the photo and it dosen't matter if I have mods installed or not. I want to take photos and have them in my sims photo frame on the wall :( Anyone else having this problem ?

I have the same problem. You don't have to quit the game just use resetsim (first name and last name i.e. resetsim miranda craft) and your back to normal. just forget trying to use the camera for now I guess.

Dw...I have the same Problem too. Once i take a photo, My sim freezes. She still does actions. I.e Sneesing. But she doesen't do tasks. I wondered if it was that i'm using the wrong camera for the wrong skill. I was wrong :( I Have no idea what could be the problem. Please Help Because My sim Has the ' photography' Trait and wants to reach level ten of that skill. But it all seems impossible if it keeps frezzing. Is this a regualar problem or is it a glitch? :)
    edited August 2011
    Komuri wrote:
    @crinrict: I keep everone as active so there is a chance she some of those pregnancy's are down to features in the game.
    But i've noticed this doesn't happen with sims who were made after the update.

Define 'active'.

By active I mean the family/Sims you are actually playing with. Sims that live in another household always have the chance of getting pregnant due to Story Progression. If you don't want that, you have to turn of Story Progression.
    AHQ Tutorial

• HanyoKitsune96HanyoKitsune96 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2011
    sims not being able to interact with other sims n jumping away after interaction, and after my girl had her twins, she goes to head home, and just keeps walking and walking, she's walking over water. anyway to fix this bug?
  • SamWHSamWH Posts: 2 New Member
    edited August 2011
    I have had nothing but problems since getting the Generations EP by digital download. I have all the Sims 3 EPs and stuff packs and I uninstalled all of them then installed them again, I had cc and mods before i installed the games for the second time. Ever since then my game has been running really slowly. It starts out okay but then it will run slow for about 30 seconds and then run fine. The longer I play the worse it gets,the slow game play will last for minutes and then run normal for shorter amounts of time. It happens anywhere: creating Sims, building/buying. Also when I go into town view, buildings will be gray then slowly look normal and the same thing happens when I go back to the lot view. I play the standard EA towns I have been playing new games.

I have the new patch,1.24.3.012001./Windows Vista/ AMD Phenom(tm)9750 quad-core processor/ 8GB of RAM/ NVIDIA GeForce 9100

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top