Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    @VioletHorse - I'm not gonna lie, it will. :D Currently I have all of the premium content items, worlds, venues, free items, non-set individual items, and a little over half of the sets backed up. I just have to finish up the sets and compilations and then I'll be done finally.

With school going on I haven't really had the time to back up anything lately. :(
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    Franny wrote: »
    @VioletHorse - I'm not gonna lie, it will. :D Currently I have all of the premium content items, worlds, venues, free items, non-set individual items, and a little over half of the sets backed up. I just have to finish up the sets and compilations and then I'll be done finally.

With school going on I haven't really had the time to back up anything lately. :(
    If I back up my things, could I transfer them to another computer??? And how do I back my items up??

• Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited January 2016
    hi everone so I just want to say that the first 4 items in my wishlist. I really want them to finish a cascade really appreciated for who gifts me :):)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @VioletHorse - I would suggest backing up your content on a USB, or an external drive. That way if you want to install content on a different computer, all you have to do is plug in your device and copy and paste the Sims3Pack files you want to your The Sims 3 downloads folder. Plus, the backed up store content will be safer that way in case it gets deleted for whatever reason.

@Ciane has a great thread that talks all about how to download items without repeats and how to back up store content. Here is the link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/807788/reinstall-store-stuff-no-repeats-or-disappearing/p1

She is more of an expert about this than me, so I am sure she can help you if you have questions.

If you haven't already, my advice would be to start backing up your store content now because (1) who knows when the store will close (2) it takes awhile to download everything. :)
    I became an

: Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    Franny wrote: »
    @VioletHorse - I would suggest backing up your content on a USB, or an external drive. That way if you want to install content on a different computer, all you have to do is plug in your device and copy and paste the Sims3Pack files you want to your The Sims 3 downloads folder. Plus, the backed up store content will be safer that way in case it gets deleted for whatever reason.

@Ciane has a great thread that talks all about how to download items without repeats and how to back up store content. Here is the link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/807788/reinstall-store-stuff-no-repeats-or-disappearing/p1

She is more of an expert about this than me, so I am sure she can help you if you have questions.

If you haven't already, my advice would be to start backing up your store content now because (1) who knows when the store will close (2) it takes awhile to download everything. :)
    Thanks <3

• Options
    edited January 2016
    @violethorse - No problem. :) I understand how important it is to back up store content, especially if someone has worked hard in getting it in the first place. I don't want all that hard work to go to waste.
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    Top 5 updated once again. :)
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    Okblondee7 wrote: »
    @DarkMirage, thank you again for the Sophisticated Updo!

Also, thank you for the Simply Sophisticated Collar Dress, the Completely Classic Women's Suit, the Chime Charm Top, the Double Knit Sweater, the Strictly Business Women's Suit, the Natural Suit, the Timeless Three Button Vest, the Simply Sophisticated Dress, the Pretty Pearls Outfit and the Business Button-Down Suit! <3<3

I hope I didn't forget anything. All of these amazing, beautiful items are listed under my Messages as being gifted from you! They still don't show on my WL, but that's normal most days! :)

I wish I could physically hug you and kiss your cheek for your kindness and generosity! <3<3

You are an angel!! <3

You're welcome!
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    I've updated my wishlist and my Top 5 :)
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    thanks for the help @Reachsims beacuase I only own 5 simpionts :/
  • Options
    now the first 3 items on my wishlist and I will finish the cascade
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    The easiest way to back up everything and copy it over to a new computer is to copy the sims folder in your documents to a thumb drive. Just pop the thumb drive into an open usb post and then right click on your sims 3 folder and copy it to the thumb drive.

To copy over just the really important folders...
    library has the venues and any lots and households you might have placed in your bin.
    dccache has all the things you installed through the launcher.
    installed worlds has the worlds you installed (but not the new objects that come with the worlds, which is in the dccache folder).
    saved sims has the CAS saved sims that haven't been played yet.
    user presets has any recolors and unlocked stencils for create-a-style.
    saves has your saved games.
    content patch has the store update file that lets you install the store items.
    In addition to those key folders, there is a file called ccmerged in the dcbackup folder.
    If you didn't move out or delete the downloads, then your downloads folder is where you'll have all the store downloads. (Most people MOVE these to a safe location like a thumbdrive for later installing.)

The key is... saving the downloads is good for fresh installs of the items. Saving the dccache files (if you've installed in small batches and kept them under 200 MB in size) means you don't have to reinstall... just copy the files in and start playing.
  • Options
    TheStarlightSimmTheStarlightSimm Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2016
    Those who bought Rim Rockin’ Basketball Hoop on DD today (including me :smiley: ), will get the "Level Up Collection" FOR FREE on February 1st! :blush::blush:
    After that, "Man Cave Compilation" should be free around February 24th!
    My Wishlist
    77 Sets, 42 Premium content and 4 Wolrds away from owning the Store B)
  • Options
    What would we do without you, @ciane? <3
    I became an

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    My top 5 is updated once again, thanks to @Reachsims. :)
  • Options
    Drifter's Desire : check!

Can't wait for the next DD
  • Options
    "Drifter's Desire" is going to be on DD, Jan 29, for 66 sp for me. Item "Here Today Picnic Table" is from the set.
    And "Zen Again" 102 sp when it comes up on DD Jan 31.
    I do not feel comfortable doing the free sp ads, so any help world be great.
    "Here Today Picnic Table" 50 sp
    "Eastern Ambiance Wall Lamp"28 sp
    "The Infinite Dresser" 75 sp
    ^Items at bottom of wishlist^
    #1 "GoGo Boots" 25 sp
    #2 "Pump Me" 25 sp
    Computer won't let me move the items on my wishlist, so I can't number them. Sorry.
    Have a great day/night <3o:)
    "Drifter's Desire" is on DD right now for 65 sp. Any help would be great.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    "Drifter's Desire" is going to be on DD, Jan 29, for 66 sp for me. Item "Here Today Picnic Table" is from the set.
    And "Zen Again" 102 sp when it comes up on DD Jan 31.
    I do not feel comfortable doing the free sp ads, so any help world be great.
    "Here Today Picnic Table" 50 sp
    "Eastern Ambiance Wall Lamp"28 sp
    "The Infinite Dresser" 75 sp
    ^Items at bottom of wishlist^
    #1 "GoGo Boots" 25 sp
    #2 "Pump Me" 25 sp
    Computer won't let me move the items on my wishlist, so I can't number them. Sorry.
    Have a great day/night <3o:)
    "Drifter's Desire" is on DD right now for 65 sp. Any help would be great.
    I got the set. Thanks @Reachsims . You are an angel in so many ways <3

• Options
    Hayley~BelleHayley~Belle Posts: 786 Member
    Top 5 up dated thanks to @Reachsims and @scillakees , thank you thank you xxxx
    Just a sim-ple pink person
    Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping me own the store X
    My Thank You Thread

24q8i8w.jpg
  • Options
    Top 5 up dated thanks to @Reachsims and @scillakees , thank you thank you xxxx

Just wondering, I've gifted you two item (one yesterday and another today), did you receive them ? Just a little worried that they weren't sent and if there is a bug in the store :S
  • Options
    I'm really hoping to get the Nautical Living so here's my TOP 5! Every gift means a lot, and thank you <3
    My Wishlist
  • Options
    According to my calculations, Nautical Living will cost only 1 Simpoint for me thanks to @Reachsims! :D:D You gifted me so many times, thank you <3
    My Wishlist
  • Options
    Street couture ! GOT YOU!!! I was so mad when I missed it last time lol !

I need a little help to be able to complete Eloquently Eclectic Collection :) Thank you for all your help <3
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    @Ciane, thank you for the wealth of information! You are always so very helpful! <3

Thank you so much, @Bird166, for the beautiful Diva Dress! I love it too! <3
    @Schweighsr, I really appreciate the Double Knit Sweater, very preppy! <3
    @scillakees, the Jackpot Sparkle Top, the Showstopper Eveningwear and the Modern Mesh Club Mini are adorable! Thank you! <3

Have a wonderful Friday! :)

Thanks are also given here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/873212/a-belated-but-heartfelt-thank-you-to-all-of-the-kind-people-who-mean-so-much-to-me#latest