Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 451 Member
    @Kyrah2016!!!!!! You should not have done that!! :o The Carousel Set was coming up on the DD soon, but my gosh, THANK YOU!! I will use the sp's I had saved to pay it forward and send gifts to others!

Also, I just got One With Nature for free because its on the new sale page. Hoping that Live, Laugh Love being on the Sales Page doesn't mess up those that were waiting for it to come up on the DD in a few. :/ I hate when that happens!!
  • Options
    tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    laurelar wrote: »
    tac612 wrote: »
    laurelar wrote: »
    I have a spreadsheet checklist of all sets, venues, and worlds. But I can't for the life of me find where I got it. I'll keep looking. It doesn't have the individual items on it, though.

Thanks! I know @LaineeCheri was mentioning a particular post... going to look at that now! :)

Oh my gosh. I just spent a lot of time looking for something right in front of my face. I didn't realize there were other tabs in that sheet. *sigh* I am using the store status spreadsheet, it has a tab called set/world/venue status. Like I said, it isn't comprehensive beyond that, but for now it serves my purposes. :) I still can't find the clean copy, but here is mine: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qI9-V5zXBl6nMfTQdRIb98CzOyHPTzrdTEwGqM79Bb4/edit#gid=1033243170

Here is ciane's thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/807788/spreadsheet-links-for-reinstalling-tracking-store-stuff/p1

Yeah I've been reading through ciane's thread... but it's like reading Greek for me... so I think I'll have to wait until I have a few days (maybe vacation in April) to really start looking through this more. I'd really like to have the whole store and start right from scratch so I can just do it once... instead of figuring out what I've installed/not installed... make sense? So I think I have a ways to go before I can start this... but I bookmarked it and will continue to keep an eye on DD, sales, and whatnot until then. :) I am going to use a copy of ciane's spreadsheet to keep track of what I have and what I need to get though. I think it's a lot of the big things and a few small things I'm missing... but I'll get there!! :D
  • Options
    thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member
    Thank you @tac612 for the stereo !! Its one of the few items from this set I can see using in regular houses !
  • Options
    Thank you @tac612 for the stereo !! Its one of the few items from this set I can see using in regular houses !

You're welcome! I do the same! :)
  • Options
    tac612 wrote: »
    Yeah I've been reading through ciane's thread... but it's like reading Greek for me... so I think I'll have to wait until I have a few days (maybe vacation in April) to really start looking through this more. I'd really like to have the whole store and start right from scratch so I can just do it once... instead of figuring out what I've installed/not installed... make sense? So I think I have a ways to go before I can start this... but I bookmarked it and will continue to keep an eye on DD, sales, and whatnot until then. :) I am going to use a copy of ciane's spreadsheet to keep track of what I have and what I need to get though. I think it's a lot of the big things and a few small things I'm missing... but I'll get there!! :D

It took me a couple hours as well! But I used her word document instead because I just can't use spreadsheets I try and fail! Today is day 2 of reinstalling/organizing! After this I will save my sims 3 folder on every device I can !!!! It really is time consuming!!
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited February 2016
    one with nature is on sale for my cys is:745sp with sale and by the way today i didnt get any gifts today but i really dont expect gifts everyday but help before sale is over is appreciated see ya

and huatehip help is appreciated!! my cys is:385sp
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    It took me a couple hours as well! But I used her word document instead because I just can't use spreadsheets I try and fail! Today is day 2 of reinstalling/organizing! After this I will save my sims 3 folder on every device I can !!!! It really is time consuming!!

Is it working out ok for you? I'm afraid to start doing it if I don't own the whole store... because at least with the whole store I could go right in order and not have to skip and hop around, you know? I feel like the store itself is so huge!!

Thank you @Bird166 for the gorgeous dress! Ahh! I can't wait ti use it!

Side note - getting the Live, Laugh, Love set finally (on sale and I finally have enough points after ad-ing all morning)!!! I updated my top 5! :D And then ad watch some more later today!
    Post edited by tac612 on
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @tac612 she separated it by type I guess you could say, so sets, venues, combos of sets, worlds, compilations etc, and I changed the color of the font for the entire document to blue, what I don't have stays blue and I add the best DD date/price, then whatever I owned that I installed I changed to black and then whatever I own but need to install is red. If you follow her guide you won't end up repeating downloads.

I started by visiting each of the links she provided and downloaded to the launcher what I owned. I copied that folder to another and separated the simpacks by set type so all the compilations are together in one folder, all the worlds in a folder. Then I started to install.

Edited to add: if I don't complete the compilation, for example the Nov 2011 compilation, I leave it blue and don't install the sets I have from it. I just stick to the list
  • Options
    @tac612 she separated it by type I guess you could say, so sets, venues, combos of sets, worlds, compilations etc, and I changed the color of the font for the entire document to blue, what I don't have stays blue and I add the best DD date/price, then whatever I owned that I installed I changed to black and then whatever I own but need to install is red. If you follow her guide you won't end up repeating downloads.

I started by visiting each of the links she provided and downloaded to the launcher what I owned. I copied that folder to another and separated the simpacks by set type so all the compilations are together in one folder, all the worlds in a folder. Then I started to install.

Edited to add: if I don't complete the compilation, for example the Nov 2011 compilation, I leave it blue and don't install the sets I have from it. I just stick to the list

Great tips! Thanks so much for your ideas! :) I won't have time to really get started today, but I'll start during my April vacation when I have a whole week to really jump into it!
  • Options
    pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    I was able to update my top 5, thanks to @Kyrah2016, @Bird166, @HSmith2016 and @Hayley~Belle. Thanks so much, guys! :blush:
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    @Adamzaid - The weekly sale just started today so you will have one full week to gather SImPoints and be patient if you have any hope of getting some items for One With Nature.

Haute Hip will probably be FREE for you by waiting until March 29th/30th when it will be on the DD for only 333 SP, a 61% discount. That beats the weekly sales listing which is nearly TWICE as expensive at 652 SP, for a discount of only 24%.

Now, please stop reporting to us every day that you have not been gifted. This is inappropriate behavior and is related to begging and whining. It's extremely annoying. For the record, I am really tired of having to spend part of my day, every other day, getting you to behave properly and stop trolling on this thread. I wish you would go start your own begging and whining thread and see how far you get with that. I am not trying to be mean but I never allowed my own children to act like this without getting punished. The only way to punish you here is to stop gifting from your wish list and remove you from the Gifting Directory, which is easy enough for me.

I hope others will follow suit and stop encouraging and supporting your bad behavior by gifting you when half the time your behavior is deplorable. The next time you try this, I will be reporting you for harassment and trolling. I didn't sign up for this garbage when I began the Gifting Directory and I am surely not going to deal with this nearly every other day - through private messages, gift messages, posting on your wall, and when I'm left with no other choice, posting on the thread. Do you understand? This is the end of the line for you. >:)
  • Options
    I know this may be a bit off topic, but looking through the store it came to my attention that some of the worlds are point related (with gold version including some premium items - assuming other than that they are the same?) and then some worlds can only be bought... is there a reason for this? Why actual money instead of points? Thanks for your help in clearing this up! As you may have noticed @LaineeCheri and I were chatting on how to organize things, so I hope this isn't too off topic.

I'll be offline for a bit this afternoon, but hoping to log back in and help out some wonderful people! Have a great early afternoon everyone!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    no mind okay then i will never say that again because i am not trolling but thanks for telling me that and okay so then i am kicked out @reachsims???

and hopefully my last time doing that sorry

ps. @reachsims reading what you said is insightfull but made me tear really and sad a bit not becuase of the gifting part but the (i am trolling) part because i am not!!
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    Updated my top 5 thanks to @MariTomKaulitZ and @laurelar. :) Thank you so much!
  • Options
    @tac612 I've always wondered why that was! My husband is buying Roaring Heights for my birthday in March I'm pretty excited for it!!!

Top 5 updated :smile:
  • Options
    The thing is, @adamzaid, you come to this thread to let everyone know that they haven't gifted you anything. Regardless of whether you are trolling or not, that isn't something anyone wants to read and/or see. You should be appreciative of the fact that there are really wonderful and kind people on here that are out there spending their own hard earned SP on you! Sometimes it takes a lot of time to build up SP, I know because I've clicked on the ads (that are only 5 SP at a time) only to have them not pay out and sometimes it takes a few hours to get enough to gift people things. You coming on here begging or trying to look sad because you haven't been gifted anything doesn't do anything for you at all. Maybe it's not my place to say anything, because to be honest with you I haven't been on these boards for very long, but I can see how annoying your posts are to those who have been here and who are nice enough to spend their SP on other people. I try to do that as much as I can, and quite honestly love to see gifts being sent back to me, but I am certainly not doing it to get anything. So just relax and accept that sometimes you aren't going to get anything at all. Save up your SP and buy things for yourself, spread it around to others, and stop begging for gifts. Just my two cents, hope I haven't offended anyone by saying any of this.
  • Options
    @Adamzaid - I am removing you from the Gifting Directory *the very next time* I even think I have to deal with you and your poor behavior. Hosting the Gifting Directory does not require me to deal with obnoxious behavior and I'm done with dealing with yours. I need NO apologies. You've already passed out a couple dozen of them and it has made little to no difference. Your apologies are not worth anything. I am not going to have the rest of our well-behaved participants suffer through this kind of garbage any longer. Just clean up your act or you are out of here. Talk is cheap - it's your ACTIONS that matter. Whether you understand it or not, your behavior is troll-like and is interfering with the purpose of the thread. I have never, in the almost five years I have hosted this thread ever had to deal with anything like this at all! I'm done here so don't make me post on this again. You have been warned. :|
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    so you gave me a chance @reachsims i hope this (accident) never happens again becuae i acually missed but did you give me ONE MORE CHANCE

and i am sorry alot next time i am (out) of the gifting directory and no gifting for 2 to 6 days punishment is okay with me if you like!! @reachsims and @HSmith2016 i am saving my sp and money for alot of sp
  • Options
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    The thing is, @adamzaid, you come to this thread to let everyone know that they haven't gifted you anything. Regardless of whether you are trolling or not, that isn't something anyone wants to read and/or see. You should be appreciative of the fact that there are really wonderful and kind people on here that are out there spending their own hard earned SP on you! Sometimes it takes a lot of time to build up SP, I know because I've clicked on the ads (that are only 5 SP at a time) only to have them not pay out and sometimes it takes a few hours to get enough to gift people things. You coming on here begging or trying to look sad because you haven't been gifted anything doesn't do anything for you at all. Maybe it's not my place to say anything, because to be honest with you I haven't been on these boards for very long, but I can see how annoying your posts are to those who have been here and who are nice enough to spend their SP on other people. I try to do that as much as I can, and quite honestly love to see gifts being sent back to me, but I am certainly not doing it to get anything. So just relax and accept that sometimes you aren't going to get anything at all. Save up your SP and buy things for yourself, spread it around to others, and stop begging for gifts. Just my two cents, hope I haven't offended anyone by saying any of this.

Completely agree. I joined here not just for myself but to help others as well. I could easily be clicking ads and buying for myself but it's just so much more fun to be involved with this community and giving to people who need the help. I understand there's times that ads are rare, or even some parts of the world that maybe never see ads, but to say "no one has gifted me" its just obnoxious, rude, and comes off as a spoiled child. I don't tolerate those kinds of people in real life and I won't online either.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    OMG I AM SORRY EVERY ONE REALLY @LaineeCheri I AM JUST A 13 YEAR OLD AND NOT (SPIOLED) THATS IT I AM MAD I SAID I MISSED THAT I SHOULD NOT BEG BECAUSE THAT BAD (BEHAVIOR) BUT REALLY THATS IT!! MY PC IS STILL NOT HERE AND STUCK WITH MY IPAD PLEASE STOP!!

I AM SORRY I AM SORRY OKAY!!!! LAST TIME OKAY

AND I (RESPECT) EVERYONE EVEN IF YOU ARE MEAN
  • Options
    @adamzaid, my youngest daughter turns 13 tomorrow and if I ever find her on these boards begging for gifts or saying that she hasn't gotten anything from anyone, that would be the last time she was allowed to use these boards or even add to the wishlist I have. That is a privilege I have given her, she looks through the things on the store and if she likes something, she asks my permission to put it on the wishlist. Maybe it doesn't work the same at your house, but there is no way I would allow her to say the things that I've seen you say, not without repercussions.
  • Options
    @tac612 - Don't worry about being off topic for discussions of that type. We're pretty relaxed around here and like to allow some space for friendships to flower and bridges to be built. :)

Some years back, EA released a world through retail outlets and reportedly learned that the company was not legally allowed to release the same world for sales in both regular brick and mortar stores and its Sims 3 Store for SimPoints. It was an either/or but not both situation. That has left us with some worlds available through Origin, since the January update, and others available at retail establishments. No worlds are sold in both places.
  • Options
    thats nice @HSmith2016 and early happybirthday to your daughter (god bless here) every one is really nice. good. with me but all of this over a accident sorry
  • Options
    @HSmith2016 does your daughter have anything on this wish list currently??? Superstition in my family but we don't celebrate birthdays before but I would love to send her something tomorrow if that's ok with you :smile:
  • Options
    Thank you, @adamzaid. I will pass along the happy birthday wishes to my daughter from you.