Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I've updated again :)

Thank you very much @Bubbles_19!!!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    shayleajayshayleajay Posts: 319 Member
    @VioletHorse drives me nuts when real life keeps me so busy I can't play sims.
    Updated my wishlist with items from the Forest Bedroom and Haute Hacienda Kitchen on sale, @Reachsims @simgeek79 @scillakees Thankyou for all your help with the Tutor of Tudors set, it's CYS was 195 but the April 2013 Compilation was only 45, so of course I bought the compilation since it was cheaper. Just goes to show that you should check the compilations and set groups before buying, might be cheaper in a bigger package.
    You people are all so awesome!!!!!!!
    tumblr_lya5t5qIPs1rn95k2o8_250.gif

My Wishlist HERE pieces from the set(s) I want are at the top. My Top 5. My Thankyou Thread for my kind gifters. A world of my own creation Aure Island.
  • Options
    lizzielilyylizzielilyy Posts: 4,890 Member
    @Reachsims thank you so much for my gifts today!! My consolation prize was unnecessary but much appreciated and loved so thank you very much for that too :3:relaxed:
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    edited September 2015
    @Lizzie1234 - I know you wanted that dress on your top five list and it did not stick to your wish list (again). I know that if something is not on someone's actual wish list, he or she might wait "forever" to have it. This has happened before. I'm happy to send a little something your way! The ads have been generous on my end. I haven't bought any SimPoints in 2-3 years. ;)

@Shayleajay - That's wonderful you were able to get the April 2013 Compilation. That's some beautiful stuff!
  • Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    Almost midnight again. I haven't slept before the am since I got into these forums hehe. Thank you to @scillakees and @Anfoxxy <3

I have updated my Top 5

Night night x0x
  • Options
    duyguugudurduyguugudur Posts: 2,684 Member
    Lizzie1234 wrote: »
    Wish everyone happy Sunday!!! :)

Thanks to DD and Sale and generous simmers , i had completed fifth venue fashion set,everyday cool summer nights,luxury resort attire and palace of Versailles sets!! O.o" cannot believe it!!Thank you!

Also @Sweet2 and @friday027 sent me lovely gifts!! :)

Need to check my top five & wl :))

Thank you every much for the support &generosity!!
    Congratulations!! :3<3

Thank you very much @Lizzie1234 !! <3

Wish u can get more &more !! o:)

Hugs xxx
  • Options

Thank you very much @Lizzie1234 !! <3

Wish u can get more &more !! o:)

Hugs xxx

You're very welcome <3 thank you!! Hugs xxx
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Updated my top 5 as I attempt to complete my set of the Regal Living Dining Set on tonight's DD it starts in 3 hours! :p any help is much appreciated :mrgreen:
    Post edited by lizzielilyy on
    Gen-6-982x250-1.jpg
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    My top five has been updated (and my wishlist too) after @scillakees slayed it!

I'm onto Faire Folk Outdoors and Viva Las Vega Living which, oddly enough, will contribute to helping with the Go All In Compilation and hopefully be enough. :smiley:
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    shaliny1997shaliny1997 Posts: 646 Member
    Updated my post
    Thanks to all the generous simmers who gifted me :smiley:
    Happy simming! :wink:
  • Options
    picklesthecat114picklesthecat114 Posts: 2,690 Member
    thanks again, @Reachsims, or the two lovely hairstyles. It means a lot and I will update my wishlist as soon as i can (I'm really busy)
    Lantern-flying-in-Tangled.gif
  • Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    I updated my top 5 and thanks again to all who have gifted me!
  • Options
    LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    @ApparentlyAwesome Thank you so very much for my gifts! I've added them to my game, and I'm now updating my wishlist and Top 5.
  • Options
    23kels8923kels89 Posts: 804 Member
    I've updated my Top 5 (thank you Reach!) :blush:

Happy Simming, everyone! :heart:

Find me on the Sims 3
    Find me on Origin

• Options
    ohmyglobguysohmyglobguys Posts: 346 Member
    Been busy with school stuff & cleaning house. I missed all you lovely Simmers!

Here's an update.
    Links: Top 5 & Wishlist

Happy Labor day weekend to the US Simmers!
    Happy weekend to non US Simmers! :D

<3

tumblr_n1hktrsv5i1skyr7eo1_500.gif

My wishlist: MeanMasterJay
    My Top 5
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    It's Labour Day weekend here in Canada too ;)
  • Options
    Canada has Labor day? :o

also I feel dumb now :D

My Top 5
  • Options
    Since @Reachsims annihilated my Top 5 (Thank you again)

Updated Links: Top 5 & Wishlist

My Top 5
  • Options
    VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    edited September 2015
    shayleajay wrote: »
    @VioletHorse drives me nuts when real life keeps me so busy I can't play sims.
    And then the sim world messes up on you. :D

• Options
    Readalot1Readalot1 Posts: 338 Member
    Thanks to @scillakees I have updated my Top 5 again! Thanks so much!
    I'm a real girl now! I have a signature!
    My Wishlist here .
    My Thank You Thread here .
    My Top 5 here .
  • Options
    SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    A lot of nice people gifted me this beautiful evening, so I've updated my top five again.
    If you gifted me and not sure if I received, check my thank you thread! The link is in my sig!
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Options
    debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member
    Good morning peoples,

Thank you @ratsrbest for the dress. :)

I have updated my top 5
  • Options
    I never know whether to gift something from further down the list and leave the top 5 for the big hitters, so you don't have to redo your list for every little thing. What do y'all think is best? :)

I meant to answer this weeks ago @mothersuperior2. LOL. :) Actually now, however, I am glad I did not. In the not too recent past there became a tendency on this thread for some of our participants to only list five expensive items. For that reason, and perhaps they had a wish list that was full of sets and the like, many of these Simmers may have rarely been sent a gift.

On the other hand, a majority listed items in their top five list in the range of 25-100 SimPoints. They might include one world or one set here or there on the top five list and if - they participated frequently here on the forum, that group was and has been and will be gifted quite often. That is about what I would have said if I had found the time to answer your question in June, when you posted this. Please do bear in mind (had to Google which bare - bare or bear), that this is strictly my own preference and I speak for myself and not others.

Essentially, my shopping goes something like this quite often. I have not sent Simmer Alice a gift for two weeks and want to spend about x amount. I check the Gifting Directory and look for hints about what she might want right now. I go shopping and send her something. I will try to grab one item from the top five list so she needs to update her post and then I gift her what I wanted to give her in the first place. :mrgreen:

Redoing the list for every little thing helps to generate excitement and keeps this forum alive that much longer. The continual posts keep this thread very active and that also draws in new people. I actively invite by message new Sims 3 players (or new forum members) to participate in the directory. We need them. As older players complete their store purchases, they do tend to run off from here. It's life and it happens.

----

On this subject, however, now there is a new tendency for our friends here to put a bunch of items in their top five that cost in the 20s. Their intention is pure and good and straight from the heart. It's all okay. I like that some of our friends are adding information to their original post that indicates that they are working on these sets or are trying to finish off a couple sets that are on sale this week. That just makes this whole directory that much more valuable. I love that and I hope the trend continues to use the original post in new ways, adding special interests, current wishes, etc... It's your post - make it shine!

Lastly, a few years back I had to make a rule about this thread - No pictures allowed... but I am doing a little bit of rethinking on that. The reason for the rule was an overabundance of LARGE images used in thank you notes. To make it worse, others would quote the post and not remove the image first. Ugh. Now, we're going to just try this out and see if it will work. Here is the new rule:

New Rule for Images

You are allowed to use one image in your original post if you would like. These should be small, discreet and not blinding or blinking things all over the place. It should be an image that tells something about who you are. A bar of flowers is in perfectly good taste. I am going to ask that you not be offended if, after posting an image in your original post, I ask you to reduce its size or replace it. Much love to all and I hope you like this idea! And I do hope that your day was just awesome! If not, then let's hope tomorrow is a good day for you! <3

I'll edit the opening post of the thread to reflect the rule change later.
  • Options
    ^^ I welcome input from one and all on the post above, criticism of any sort, new ideas, etc... as you have time to share your own mind here. Sleep well and I will meet you at the next sunrise. Good morning to a few friends and I hope you rested well. :3