March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• LillaGrisenLillaGrisen Posts: 510 Member
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    I'm very much aware that the Store was down a couple of hours yesterday. Is your comment referring to this post? Because that was mostly a joke to show @TrevorJ my appreciation for gifting me my top 5.
    ----
    :open_mouth: That's awesome! Hope your toddlers have fun in that playpen! :mrgreen:

On another note, MMAO is working for you? Did you get that fixed or was it never down for you?

OOH rofl! I didn't know it was a joke. :relieved: I feel silly now... :flushed:

Thank you! :) And yes, MMAO is working for me. It was never done for me :smiley:
    Yeah, maybe it wasn't the best idea to make the first sentence size 6. To be fair I probably would've skipped reading the rest of the post if I hadn't been the one posting it. The big, bold letters "has anyone seen my top 5?" just might give off the tiniest tiny "please gift me!"-vibe. :lol:

On MMAO: You lucky cheese! It's been down for me since October or something (at least long enough for me to forget which month it was :expressionless:). Hope you got Aurora Skies for a good price!
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited February 2017
    @Nomiko13 Haha, you don't know @charlotteprice yet! : D She also gifted me a few high priced things ♥ She's the wishlist ninja. Her rank on this website should actually be "Ninja" and not "Member", haha.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • LissieBessLissieBess Posts: 118 Member
    edited May 2021
    Hi everyone! Hope your days are going better than mine, as I have a head cold. Nose is all stuffed up, I want to sleep, general exhaustion. But I have a new computer, and hopefully it will run the Sims 3 better than on my previous computer. So now I am back, and I need a new top five list. And here it is!

1. Blank Space Window

2. Anachronism VCT

3. The Benet Phonograph

4. Puzzled Toy Box

5. World of Wonder Carousel Collection

All are on my wishlist.
    Post edited by LissieBess on
    LissieBess wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Hope your days are going better than mine, as I have a head cold. Nose is all stuffed up, I want to sleep, general exhaustion. But I have a new computer, and hopefully it will run the Sims 3 better than on my previous computer. So now I am back, and I need a new top five list. And here it is!

1. Aurora Skies Gold version

2. Steampunk: The Return

3. River Rock Fireplace

4. Great Candelabra

5. Prism Art Studio

All are on my wishlist.

Welcome back :) And welcome to the club of new computer owners. What did you upgrade to/from?
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    Hi Jahnna, thanks for the welcome!

It's a slightly higher powered Mac. Not top of the line, but new, and better graphics, and a whale of a lot more space.
    edited February 2017
    LissieBess wrote: »
    Hi Jahnna, thanks for the welcome!

It's a slightly higher powered Mac. Not top of the line, but new, and better graphics, and a whale of a lot more space.

I see, so you are a laptop user. :) I'm desktop all the way for gaming.
    The problem with a desktop is you can't bring it with you everywhere. I have several jobs, and it's nice to have a laptop I can bring with me when I have a little bit of downtime.
    edited February 2017
    I see. I grew up with console or desktop gaming so I never really gamed on a laptop but if I was to I don't think Sims would be quite the game to take around to play here and there, at least for me haha. I would play more indie, browser or hidden object games.
    I do a lot of everything gaming wise. It's fairly easy with the Sims, as you just have to make sure the game is paused before closing the laptop. It doesn't have to be shut down. The power cord is essential, but I prefer my laptop. Oh, and I just found your gift! Thank you! I already have to update my wishlist!
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member

Yeah, maybe it wasn't the best idea to make the first sentence size 6. To be fair I probably would've skipped reading the rest of the post if I hadn't been the one posting it. The big, bold letters "has anyone seen my top 5?" just might give off the tiniest tiny "please gift me!"-vibe. :lol:

On MMAO: You lucky cheese! It's been down for me since October or something (at least long enough for me to forget which month it was :expressionless:). Hope you got Aurora Skies for a good price!

@LillaGrisen LOL. "Lucky cheese". :joy: And crikes, I remember you talking about that before. That's a very long time. I wonder why it's been down for you for that long. How does that happen? So weird. :anguished: And thank you! I don't remember how much it cost, but it have around ~12-17% discount, which isn't much but something. At first, I wouldn't snag a world from MMAO because I thought the discounts would get a little higher than below 20s in percentages for worlds, but I tested it out multiple times and whenever a world is in a MMAO, you're lucky if you get a 12% discount for it. I just took it as it was, because had it not included the world that I wanted the most, I wouldn't have dared snagged it, since I usually only purchase MMAO's that are 30-40% off.
    Jahnna wrote: »
    @Nomiko13 Haha, you don't know @charlotteprice yet! : D She also gifted me a few high priced things ♥ She's the wishlist ninja. Her rank on this website should actually be "Ninja" and not "Member", haha.

@Jahnna She's gifted me a total of 6 days (I count days when gifted). She is a ninja and should totally have that title. :lol:

▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • ZombieMewZombieMew Posts: 523 Member
    @Nomiko13
    I am learning Blender and more about Unreal Engine 3. I would love to master modeling rigged characters for the Source engine soon.
    Me-AaAaAa!

Wishlist and Top 5 list

Steam: MathewMii
    dA and Youtube: SillyEwe
    edited February 2017

@LillaGrisen LOL. "Lucky cheese". :joy: And crikes, I remember you talking about that before. That's a very long time. I wonder why it's been down for you for that long. How does that happen? So weird.
    I'm clearly not the only one having this issue. I heard that some people got help after posting in that thread, but I certainly haven't (and I posted there back in late December).

On another topic, "lucky cheese" is a (almost) literal translation of the word "lyckost" (short for "lyckans ost"), the Swedish equivalent of the English phrase "lucky dog". While I've grown up with the word and used it frequently when I was younger, I've never contemplated why one says "lucky cheese".
    Now after doing some research on the internet and finding a book on the etymology of the word I've found that apparently it's derived from the time where the Swedish word for "cheese" (ost) not only meant a tasty piece of processed milk, but also "jerk" or "idiot" (so a kind of dog, essentially). So a "lucky cheese" originally referred to someone who was a either a jerk or just plain stupid yet managed to get things they did not deserve through sheer luck. The more you know :blush:
    This etymology book also claims that the word "ost" is related to the English word "juice" through the Latin word "ius", meaning soup or broth. Because clearly cheese = juice :relaxed:

Edit: Lol, for once when I don't censor myself the forums does it for me. Yep, "ost" could either mean jerk or the tasty small fruit that grows on plum trees :lol:
    Don't worry about it ;)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    @ZombieMew Good to see you back. I hadn't seen you in a long time (I am not here all the time either) It is good that you are learning stuff you like. I have no idea what Blender and Engine stuff is, but so glad you are learning!

@LissieBess Welcome back :) We are a friendly bunch here o:) Hope you get to feeling better!

@Nomiko13 hehehe, I try to be sneaky.... >:)

@Jahnna Me....a ninja... :o Not me :*

@ZombieMew I hope you do master modeling characters :) Best of luck!

@LillaGrisen That's quite awesome, actually (about the lucky cheese bit) :flushed::lol: As for your issue with the MMAO machine, that truly, most definitely is horrible and I'd imagine nerve-racking. That would drive me bananas and I'd bug the living holy pipes out of an EA customer support until I got the issue resolved. That's a nuisance and inconvenience on you. :neutral:

@charlotteprice Haha! :sob: Indeed, you are sneaky!

▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg
    Thanks @charlotteprice for the surprise gifts! I've updated my wishlist and top 5
    You are very welcome @Astreia and @LissieBess :)
  • simsfanatic9simsfanatic9 Posts: 223 Member
    Link to my wishlist in my signature.

1. Aurora Skies
    2. The Boardwalk
    3. The Last Venue of Amore
    4. Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center
    5. Gothique Library

Updated my top 5. All CYS sets are done. Now just venues and worlds. Also, I have individual items on my wishlist. Thank you all for all your help!
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hey guys,
    I was playing only The Sims 4 but I begin to miss The Sims 3 so I came back to play it too some months ago. I realized there's still so many cool things on Store, but it's so hard to get everything we want. ;)

Here is my top five
    1. Midnight Hollow Gold I can't live without its sales system and that toy machine!

2. Fowl And Feathers Chicken Coop

3. Safer than Safe End Table

4. Smooth Cruise

5. Playing for Keeps

:)My wishlist :)
    Post edited by jotajeje on
    edited February 2017
    Oh my god, after doing some research on Sims 3s lagginess and long loading/texture loading times I just realised that my "MemoryUsageLimit" was set to 2GB and not 4GB (I have 8GB RAM). No wonder that my game has been running like it was powered by a potato. :astonished:
    Edit: And WOW, I just tried it with my old crappy 1GB graphics and I must say the change is CRITICAL. The textures in a house are loading in a matter or 2-3 seconds, when before it used to be like 10-15+ seconds, some not even loading 5 minutes into starting to play. This is magic! <3<3<3

@jotajeje Welcome (back) to the forums and Sims 3, still the best game out of the franchise. :D
    Post edited by Jahnna on
    @Jahnna WOW, that is really something else! I am not tech savvy at all, but sounds critical to me. So glad you fixed it in your game and its running so much better now!

This should help others a lot, very insightful info here!
    edited February 2017
    :astonished: Someone must've nuked my wishlist, because there's an entire world missing from it!!! I believe the simmer responsible is a certain ninja who has been sneaking around people's wislists recently, sending out gifts one by one!

Seriously, I'm at a complete loss for words, @charlotteprice (which isn't the best when trying to express one's gratitude). Thank you so, so, so much! I can't wait to play it! Thank you!!! :mrgreen:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    <<innocent

But you are welcome @LillaGrisen :D
    <<innocent
    I'll believe it when I see it :lol:
    As for your issue with the MMAO machine, that truly, most definitely is horrible and I'd imagine nerve-racking. That would drive me bananas and I'd bug the living holy pipes out of an EA customer support until I got the issue resolved. That's a nuisance and inconvenience on you. :neutral:
    I think the worst part about MMAO not working for so long is that I barely even think about it anymore. I was mostly just hoping that they would fix it, but it seems they've completely abandoned this issue (and thus also their customers) in the dirt... Maybe I should contact support... :expressionless:
    Don't worry about it ;)
    I updated my Top 5 here!

I took out the Duke Renaissance venue and replaced it with Midnight Hollow Gold, since the venue will show in the DD's. I finally learned how to read, comprehend, and understand the DD Spreadsheet. For the longest, I literally went through the entire forum post and scribbled down what items I wanted and would set my alarms for when they would appear. It was to the point where I would set my alarm for 89 hours to snag items I wanted badly. I literally kept up with deals by stalking the thread and not even attempting at that DD Spreadsheet again, since the first time, it jumbled my mind for how extensive it was. I was confused on where to start, so I didn't ever go back to looking at it again... until now. I've been doing it the hard way for so long. :expressionless:

Lastly, thank you, @Kitiara for gifting an item from the Old Mill set! Much love and appreciation for your generous spirit.
    ▼add/follow▼

mario_10.jpg