May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• Options
    ToMendandDefendToMendandDefend Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Honestly, Body Shop was my favorite part of Sims 2. Not only was it free, but talented Simmers made the most wonderful meshes (because we all know that the ones that come with the game lack style...) and I loved having fresh hairstyles and clothing. Now we have to pay for this. C'mon, seriously, only four downloadable hairstyles? Not good enough.

No body shop feature, and now we have to pay for things that they provided for free in the past. What's wrong with this picture? Everything. They're ripping us off to make an extra buck.

Definitely signed.
  • Options
    marty38marty38 Posts: 550 Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed, I have 'spent' the 1000 points but will never spend a penny more. We ned to organise a boycott but I suspect there would not be enough of us. I wouldn't mind if any of the store stuff was actually any good but its not. I would like the other half of the game thanks(hair, furniture, greenhouse, weather etc etc).

/signed

marty
  • Options
    SunniSweetySunniSweety Posts: 1,730 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I think its just stuipd that they're tryin to make us pay for stuff that should have been in the game. Im completely 100% in!!!
    /signed.

~ Love Ya!! xx
  • Options
    FadedNoveltyFadedNovelty Posts: 401 Member
    edited June 2009
    Agreed. This stuff needs to be in expansion packs, NOT in a stupid online store. You expect people to buy the game, expansion packs, AND stuff online? No way.
  • Options
    lootherloother Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'll sign myself, as I am sure the cats at EA hope to make the "store" a cash cow. To be fair I understand that a lot of work may have gone into the game, but honestly - the "European" sports car and muscle car should have been made available to everyone. How hard was it to clone and morph the model anyway?
  • Options
    Melissa923Melissa923 Posts: 15 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Considering that the DL's from the "store" section don't even work for everyone.
    (Myself included)
    /signed
  • Options
    LexzieLoveLexzieLove Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    signed
  • Options
    TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    edited June 2009
    :roll: Yes I agree 100% it's like ever since EA took over reins of the sims franchise from Will Wright, all they care about is how much money they can scrounge from us. I mean I spent a fortune on the entire sims 1 and 2 as I bought each and every ep and sp and I also bought the collectors addition for the sims 3.

They know they have us addicted so they figure lets do whatever it takes to make more money off these addicted fools. I mean look at sims 1 for instance, Will never ever even thought to rip us off with extra stuff packs, yet as soon as Will handed it over to EA after University, all H E double toothpicks broke lose and before we knew it we were having to pay for SP's in order to get any decent objects. And if that wasn't enough, along comes the flipping store. You know something, they supposedly supported the many simmers who opposed all these paysites out there and yet they are guilty of the same thing, only they figure it's theirs to begin with so why not jump on the band wagon and screw our supporting fans even more even though we are the ones who butter their bread.

Greed is a horrible thing and that's what all this boils down to. I don't know about any of you but I not only purchase and support all sims 1,2 & 3, but also all the sim city, spore as well as many others such as simant, simfarm and numerous other EA games both on the pc and consoles as well. So yes they are sadly ripping us off to the max with this store crap along with charging us more for all these sp's, which in my opinion should have been included in the ep's to begin with. But as long as they know we will sped our hard earned money, who are they to care when they live the high life on us :? :roll:

So I say yes to closing the store and putting their efforts into making sims 3 the best it can be by supporting us all with the tools we need to create our own objects, recolors, such as a new exterior texture import system like homecrafter as well as a new bodyshop...and maybe even something new such as a 3d program to mesh and import our own created objects, or at least the ability to import them.

TnT_Terry
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • Options
    unbreakablejuanunbreakablejuan Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    /sign unbreakablejuan
  • Options
    glitterandglitzglitterandglitz Posts: 561 Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, so signed..I am happy with the game but I do wish for more hair..
  • Options
    hypervodkahypervodka Posts: 90 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I'd just like to remind everyone the Electronic Arts is not doing well financially. They're trying to keep themselves afloat. If they patter out and declare bankruptcy, they'll close up shop, and there'll be no more Sims.

That being said, I still think that the Sims Store is brilliant and stupid at the same time. Brilliant, because the marketing ploy of 1000 Sim points to get you hooked before you get addicted to buying their stuff is genius. Stupid, because its unfair; hoarding all of the good stuff so that everyone will have to pay extra for it is monstrous.

(Also, I kind of think all of you who only use the store when you got the items for free and are now protesting paying for stuff are being hypocritical.)

I understand the purpose of the store, but I also understand its notoriety. And, I think the store, in the long-run is a useless folly.

Signed,

hypervodka
  • Options
    FhornFhorn Posts: 128 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree! They had all these items since they released it, so why not include it in the game? It's a total rip-off. I don't know why people would waste money on it.
  • Options
    MMATTMMATT Posts: 35 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well they release new items every week so what,..... you want EA to release an update every week for the new items that come out
  • Options
    Katy83Katy83 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Signed!!

Am bored with the game already :cry:
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited June 2009
    Katy83 wrote:
    Signed!!

What does that have to do with the store?
  • Options
    matthew12536matthew12536 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree, They should either stop the EA Store or at least make better items and not charge us an "arm and a leg" for the items that they currently have since they are not very good. Also they SHOULD have more free items since the game did come with basically NOTHING. they just want you to buy their items so they included terrible items and not many items at all with the game it was so NOT worth the 70 dollars I paid for The Sims 3 Collectors Edition. The game itself is great but NOT the objects.

**Signed**
  • Options
    timz84timz84 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    wooks1wooks1 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Katy83 wrote:
    Signed!!

Lol! :lol:
  • Options
    wooks1wooks1 Posts: 142 New Member
    edited July 2009
    will this thread ever die??
  • Options
    thenightgauntthenightgaunt Posts: 34 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

The store is a terrible idea and I feel cheated by it. The fact that all this stuff was up for sale AT LAUNCH, is an insult. I payed full price for this game and I rather think that I deserve a full game. Now I could see this working if it started out empty and then new stuff came on over time. But they way they did it was a slap in the face to everyone who went out and BOUGHT a legit copy of the game.
  • Options
    adnama3adnama3 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    jasminecherellejasminecherelle Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    / signed

**i figure since someone is monitoring this it just might make a difference**
    anywho i would like to thank all the modders right now for making my game better,,,i SOOOOO wish i had some better decorations but i work 45 hours a week and its not going to the sims3store....for the record i will buy the expansions but only if they don't start halving the content in there too...
  • Options
    Nu_Clear_DayNu_Clear_Day Posts: 469 New Member
    edited July 2009
    wooks1 wrote:
    Come on now, guys. There's plenty of threads in this sub-forum for debating about the store - this doesn't need to be one of them, too.
  • Options
    robiirobii Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Realistically I don't think they'd sacrifice their store as it allows them to continue making money even after the initial purchase.

It would be in the least considerate to their clients if they were to give us free items as well to add to our games as they put more in the store.

The store is very disappointing anyway. It's been almost a month and there is STILL minimal hair styles available even for purchase.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited July 2009
    wooks1 wrote:
    Come on now, guys. There's plenty of threads in this sub-forum for debating about the store - this doesn't need to be one of them, too.

Have you read through this thread? There's plenty of debate already going on. My question was a valid one. The poster said she was signing because she's already bored with the game. I'd like to know what that has to do with the store.