Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• Options
    jobug1015jobug1015 Posts: 1,854 Member
    edited July 2009
    I don't normally even look at "petitions" but the simstore is way to expensive. I think we got a barebones game and they kept most of the good stuff to sell. I have spent my "free" simpoints and will not buy anymore.
    o2vOgnf.jpg?2
  • Options
    PrewinterPrewinter Posts: 48 Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    KeterKeter Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    kelkarellkelkarell Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I definitely won't be shelling out money to buy items on the site.

SIGNED
  • Options
    ValentinevarValentinevar Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree.
  • Options
    gwennypennygwennypenny Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed!

They can sell me stuff packs for $20 if they like, but the prices in the store are too expensive :evil:
  • Options
    QalibrQalibr Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It is an insult to fans to charge per item - not to mention a ripoff. Enough people thought it was slimy to have a new expansion every 3 months (I disagree, someone's gotta pay for development) anyway with Sims Store, I am very disappointed.

/Signed Qalibr
  • Options
    tiffanytbarnestiffanytbarnes Posts: 8 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed
  • Options
    weemanply109weemanply109 Posts: 119 Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    Nykee24Nykee24 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    SIGNED !
  • Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This game came with practically nothing compared to the TS2 base game. And where did all those "missing" Items go? To the TS3 store of course, where they want you to hand over 5 or more dollars so you can buy virtual items that should have been in the game to begin with. The game already costs a lot. I think it's wrong to rip us off like this.

Opinions?

Please sign if you think the store should be closed and the items put into the game, or future EP's.

/Signed Fluffymonkeym

I don't think their ripping us off, but those items are too expensive to be exclusive to EPS and stuff. LAME

/signed rodier1128
  • Options
    PhytonymPhytonym Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Signed by Phytonym
  • Options
    GerardoGerardo Posts: 77 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed, I'm not going to spent money in those items. My reason is that sometimes we can have a problem in our PC, and we can lost those items forever with all the money that we spent. I prefer stuff packs, and expansion packs.
  • Options
    legendarybitka29legendarybitka29 Posts: 1,185 Member
    edited July 2009
    Gerardo wrote:
    Signed, I'm not going to spent money in those items. My reason is that sometimes we can have a problem in our PC, and we can lost those items forever with all the money that we spent. I prefer stuff packs, and expansion packs.

Just pointing out that you can re-download your prior purchased from the store. From the Help section:
    You can re-download items you have purchased from The Sims 3 Store as many times as you need by following the steps below:

From the My Page drop-down menu, select My Account.
    Click on the Store Account Information link.
    Click on the Purchase History menu item on the lower left-hand navigation pane.
    You should now see all items you have purchased via the account you're logged in with. You can re-download content at any time from this section.
  • Options
    martinse08martinse08 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Agreed
  • Options
    gercanngercann Posts: 51 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed!
  • Options
    slicerbugslicerbug Posts: 113 New Member
    edited July 2009

/signed slicerbug!
  • Options
    PlyKier1PlyKier1 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited July 2009
    SIGNED!
  • Options
    Barbiedunc1Barbiedunc1 Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed Barbiedunc1

Considering we had to pay more for this game, and it's not even a quarter of the gameplay or stuff that came with TS2, the store is just a slap in the face to anyone who's been simming since the first sims game.

I'm tired of being taken advantage of by big companies who only want my money and then don't even give me my money's worth!

TS3 should have been TS2 with better graphics and more options. It's not even as good as TS1!
  • Options
    camenzuli93camenzuli93 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed
    we already payed alot for the game, and we will have to pay alot more for the many expansions that are still to come. store rly needs to go
  • Options
    AsticanaCometicaAsticanaCometica Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed
  • Options
    SilentResidentSilentResident Posts: 556 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Signed!!!

MY MESSAGE TO ELECTRONIC ARTS!!!

Electronic Arts has 2 options:

1) CLOSE THE STORE!!! Closing the store gives 8 positive (+) bonus:
    + Good fame for the company EA.
    + Happy players
    + Negative effects of the expensive purchasement of the base game to the gamer's wallet are neutralized.
    + more players come to buy the game.
    + Respect towards player is restored. As company knows that there are some limits. Money is not infinite and Sims 3 is not the only game in the whole planet.
    + Piracy's influence is reduced. Players will understand that you are not a company with the symbol of the Dollar marked in your eyes and players will support good companies.
    + Registrations of the game will grow, especially if the Store's items are free for registered members, in the protype of neighborhood Riverview. Even EA has nothing to be jealous towards other companies with successful marketing.
    + Sims 3 re-playability score grows drastically as the players wait for free items and, so, they are being kept interested to the game for longer time than someone who has nothing to wait for free.

2) LEAVE THE STORE OPEN!!! Leaving the store opened gives 8 negative (-) bonus:
    - Bad fame for the company EA. "Whoot whoot! They care only for money! how sad"
    - Very upset players.
    - Divided community - disputes generated if this method should be followed for other games as well.
    - Bad fame for the game.
    - Lesser players come to buy the game.
    - Respect toward player is gone (as during economic crisis, EA wants to drain player's funds for just some VISUAL stuff?)
    - Piracy's influence grows. Piratic download of Store's items, piratic download of the game. Players will, sadly, once again, favor piracy against EA.
    - In the future, the players will be more hesitance and lesser willing to buy Sims 4. The bitter TS3 Store and its burdening prices are a "negative moodlet" or "bad memory" for the players of the future. The next game's success is based on the policy EA follows on the previous games.

Your decisions, dear Electronic Arts, are like the Sims: the decisions affect not only yourself but also the whole player community's standing towards you and of course your relations. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Claire17Claire17 Posts: 655 Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed
    (Although I don't want the store closed, just a lot cheaper)
  • Options
    jsimmys2jsimmys2 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Signed.

It is so wrong that they put all the ugly clothes and hair styles in the game so we have no other choice to use their store. (in addition it isn't as easy for us to make custom hair and clothing as it was in TS2 so we really have limited choice if we want good looking hair)
    It's ridiculous. Why are they charging us extra on top of the games and expansion packs? They make SO much money off us already.
    The game costs enough as it is and I'm sure the expansion packs are going to be just as expensive so why not include this stuff in them?

I love the game, I do, I just don't like being ripped off.
  • Options
    LizziguinLizziguin Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed Lizziguin

I'm sick of these f***s ripping us off and just in for the **** money, sick sick sick! :evil: