Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grey Meadow, the Industrial Hub

Comments

• Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm actually thinking of not making this a normal update and making this next version of the world take place ten years in the past before some sociopath set a number of the buildings on fire and before the entire Foster family was killed (well, their ghosts do not appear in the world, but they are buried in the back of Grey Meadow Manor). Does anyone know a way to age Sims backwards so that I do not have to recreate everyone and re-add them to the world, or perhaps not abandon this idea entirely? Editing Sims and changing their age in CAS is a bad idea, so do not suggest that please.
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm having a lot of fun playing this world. It's perfect for SN and it looks wonderful with Seasons.

I personally never had issues with changing Sims' age in CAS, but if you don't want to do that, I can't really think of another option. Plenty of ways to get them back to the beginning of their current life stage, but nothing to change them to a state prior to what they are now.

BTW, am I going blind, or is there actually no spa in the world? My pregnant Sim wanted a massage, but I couldn't find a spa anywhere...

• Options
    edited January 2013
    Yeah, I have lost interest in that idea for aging the town backwards. There should be a spa somewhere downtown; I'm pretty sure I put it in next to the bistro.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Thanks, that helps - I found where it is supposed to be. When I click on the Harringotn Hotel Plaza, where the bistro is, the pop-up image shows the spa, but my town has an empty spot there. Maybe you used the Riverview one, and I don't have Riverview installed? In any case, I can just drop the SV rabbithole in there and my pregnant Sims are all set to waste money on deep tissue massages...

I hope that losing interest in aging the town backwards doesn't mean you've lost interest in updating the world?
    Although I'm perfectly happy with the way it is now... Would have liked to meet the Fosters, though. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Which version of the town are you using? I thought I switched to the Sunset Valley Spa in the later versions, but I could be wrong. If you download Grey Meadow Manor from my studio, they are buried in the backyard of the lot. They do not come with Grey Meadow Manor in the world because ghosts do not work in CAW.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    The version I have has all the Showtime venues, I thought that was the last one? I have it dated August 24, but that could be the day I downloaded it.

I will download Grey Meadow Manor, I hadn't realised that would have the ghosts. Maybe I'll make a few playable ghosts out of them. :)

EA's Story Progression is very problematic in my game. Always has been since they first updated it in 2009 to make babies have two parents - from that point on, my Sims stopped having babies. :roll:

So I more or less have to go around town fixing up relationships and making Sims marry and have babies, otherwise I'm stuck with a dead town after a generation. (The fun part is getting to know everyone, of course...)

• Options
    murfeelmurfeel Posts: 7,584 Member
    edited January 2013
    This world looks awesome! :thumbup:

Do we need to dl/install the 4 lots seaparely, or are they included? (I want the Version 1 file, as I don't have Pets, Gen, etc)
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    KarinL: Hahaha, faulty game mechanics never fail to disappoint me. The missing spa is no big deal anyway. If the world still uses the Riverview spa, I will change it so that you do not have to download anything additional.

murfeel: No, you do not need to download the lots. They are already included in the world; however, the Grey Meadow Manor included with the world does not come with the ghosts of the Foster family
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Yes, my Sims seem to have a deep-rooted fear of romance/marriage and especially mistrust the concept of woohoo/try for baby.
    In compensation, my legacy families always have twins and triplets, because somehow in the dim recesses of it's programming, the game apparently realises the town is dying out.
    :roll:

Just because you said it would amuse you to know what your Sims are doing in our games, here's a little update:

- Ewan Burke got two of his girlfriends pregnant, Eva Rouge and the Stevens girl. He's still single, though, and scheming to break up with girlfiend 4 because he found another one that he thinks suits him better...
    Alistair Grimebell is trying to catch Sally Stevens on the rebound.

- Dale Jr actually found himself a wife, in France. Her name is Charlotte Dubois, so now of course there are two Charlotte Burkes living in the house. I guess Dale Jr will be moving out soon, since both Charlottes think the other one is decidedly 'de trop'

- Herbert Quailhogs got into a downright slap fight with Luther Lee - I still don't know what brought it on, but decided to play along with it. So Luther took his wife and their little daughter and moved out... Herbert had no other option than to beg Augustus to come home... Both of Luther Lee's sons disappeared in the 'role Sim' pool somewhere and are apparently tending bars...
    Augustus is still single, and I'm still trying to determine *what* it was Herbert Jr told his brother on his death bed and why there are so many graves in the yard (Herbert keeps crying over them - is that sorrow or guilt?)

- Killian McGuinness moved back home when Cletus moved out and Mary Jane moved in with her boyfriend Peter Sludge. She's aiming to become Mrs Sludge and have a big family.

- The McGuiness family had another son, a boy who does NOT have red hair...
    They're currently stuffing the household with dogs. I think Finola thinks 8 kids is enough? Preston (the new boy) collects snakes and turtles and lets them escape all over the house, but nobody seems to mind...

- Anna Burke and Edith Jaughook moved into the old manor and are planning to make the two Fosters into playable ghosts for company...

That's just the highlights. :lol: I'm having so much fun.
    (I love complicated family trees, the more convoluted the better - I only regret that I don't 'have' everyone, even in ghost form, to make even more ties and cross-connections... LOL!)

Thanks again for creating this world, and the characters in it. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    KarinL: Didn't even see that post. You did a lot there. More chaos managed to erupt from the chaos I created.

Yeah, this version of the world is a little different. I have been unhappy with Grey Meadow's landscape in the plateau region, so I have carved some chunks out of it. I forgot to take a picture of the new river I added, I may show that in another post.

I relocated the old town district closer to the city and am adding several new buildings to the industrial park. Deleted the fusion lounge, the exclusive lounge, and the poolside club... may place the latter two back in if I can find a good spot for them. I am going to make a fusion lounge out of some grain silos that I put on the water.

Constructed a new hospital (2nd to last picture, Grey building) that looks more suitable for such a dumpy place. Added some housing projects for the exceptionally destitute. Also am adding some tunnels to make it look like Grey Meadow connects to the mainland, because nobody is going to go out of their way on a boat to see a place like this.

Screenshot-319.jpg
    Screenshot-320.jpg
    Screenshot-321.jpg
    Screenshot-318.jpg
    Screenshot-304-1.jpg
    This picture directly above was taken before I built the housing projects. The diner is no longer located where it is in the picture.
    Screenshot-306-1.jpg
  • Options
    PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited January 2013
    Oooohhh! I see you're doing some rearranging. Interesting. Interesting.

Are you going to be adding Supernatural and Seasons to the new version?
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Supernatural, yes; Seasons, I doubt it, but possibly. I still do not even own Seasons yet and I do not know the status on CAW and its compatibility with it.

I made another painting rather than actually doing something constructive. This one replaces The Visitors. It didn't come out as good as the one in the Stoneshields, but it's alright.
    Screenshot-338.jpgScreenshot-337.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Quailhogs wrote:
    Supernatural, yes; Seasons, I doubt it, but possibly. I still do not even own Seasons yet and I do not know the status on CAW and its compatibility with it.

I made another painting rather than actually doing something constructive. This one replaces The Visitors. It didn't come out as good as the one in the Stoneshields, but it's alright.
    Screenshot-338.jpgScreenshot-337.jpg

Ok. That's cool! I have no problem updating myself for Seasons. Lol. I can't wait to see it!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2013
    Hmm - nice - but very creepy Quailhog. I have your character in a couple of my games - the version with the whole family, and I'm fairly happy he never looks that scary or angry or mad - (meaning derranged type mad), I must say. But I confess even though he has the grumpy trait I play the family to sort of keep him a bit happier. Surprisingly he seems to have a softspot for puppies, kittens, and babies - as long as the babies are not crying, that is. But in your hand he seems to have a bit of Dr. Jeckle and Hyde personna in the pictures. hehehe

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited January 2013
    I just think it is more interesting to make my avatar look weird in the pictures since I am going through the effort to make a custom thumbnail. His resting face is kind of dopey looking also.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I didn't do much to the world lately. I started playing the actual game for a change rather than building a world.
    I have here another tunnel/Dorian Blightwood's new home.
    Screenshot-347.jpg
    And yet another painting, this one of Herbert Quailhogs' older brother, Jakob II. It will replace the portrait of Miranda Glauer (the woman with the black hair, though Hiram Samuel Maddox would have been a better choice).
    Jakob1.jpgJakob2.jpg
    In case anyone is worried about me mucking up their game, these paintings will only be replaced in my world. If you use another world, the original paintings will still show up. You just cannot decorate your house with Miranda Glauer's pretty face in Grey Meadow.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Screenshot-343_zpsad7f0a91.jpg
    Screenshot-348_zpsa53e655d.jpg
    Screenshot-344_zpse11728bc.jpg
  • Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited February 2013
    Though I'll miss the old colours, I love the new paintjob on it!
  • Options
    CoreyCanadianCoreyCanadian Posts: 5,701 Member
    edited February 2013
    Love Grey Meadow!

In my current game my sim turned herself into a vampire that way she can be with Dorian BlightWood, but he keeps rejecting her sadly :cry: so she felt hurt so she started flirting with his brother, he walked in just as they were kissing and died ON THE SPOT :shock:

Now I plan on having her move into the house with her new man, getting up in the ranks of the family, even though they all hate her, than she will take out all the big shots and get the whole town for herself :twisted:

So thank you for the ample entertainment :lol: :twisted:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Love Grey Meadow!

In my current game my sim turned herself into a vampire that way she can be with Dorian BlightWood, but he keeps rejecting her sadly :cry: so she felt hurt so she started flirting with his brother, he walked in just as they were kissing and died ON THE SPOT :shock:

Now I plan on having her move into the house with her new man, getting up in the ranks of the family, even though they all hate her, than she will take out all the big shots and get the whole town for herself :twisted:

So thank you for the ample entertainment :lol: :twisted:

Oh my. That's quite a story. Lol.
    My Sim broke up Shaw and Lucetta. She then married Shaw, had his son, took his money, divorced him and kicked him and their son out. Now, she's working on getting some money out of Dorian. ; )

And I can't wait for the update, Quailhogs. You never disappoint so I'm sure the update will be exciting!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Those are some interesting stories.

Question: Should I designate this world as a city or not? As of now, Grey Meadow is pretty much half urban and half a mess of suburban and rural stuff, so it can go either way. I just want to know what you'd prefer (I am addressing anyone who is actually reading this.)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I don't care for cities, but I say it is actually what you would like it to be. I already play it regularly, so if it is made a city - well I can just keep the version I have if I don't like it. So could anyone else - I think you should decide.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Mmmmm. My personal opinion is not make it a city. I think it'll be better with all those pesky taxi cabs running around. ; )
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Writin_Reg: I'm asking because I don't know what I should do. I see benefits of both, but I guess since as of now people would prefer it to be a suburb, I shall leave it that way.
    purple_roses2110: Alright.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Oh I understand - but I do think you should do what you prefer myself - after all it is all your hard work. I was willing to try it - but I also had no intention of tossing the version I have in case it lost some of it's flavor. hehehe that's all. Besides I wanted you to know I was reading so I had to say something. I always stop in when I see either your name on the post side or see one of your worlds up near the top of the page - as I always like reading what you write and seeing your updates. I surely don't want to miss when you have a new link up - just to try it anyway.

I am just a fan of your style of work - I can't help myself. It is very classic, old world style with a taste of Gothic and reminds me for some reason of Johnny Depp.

But honestly, I really do feel you should do the world the way you think it is best - some might like it and some may not. I would defintely try it before I decided - but would keep the present copy - just in case.

I did that with every update you had on all 3 worlds so far - and so far I have updated to each one - so I am not complaining for sure Quailhogs. Like I said I don't really like cities but I had no problem playing Stoneshields and enjoying it. Yet nobody could pay me to play Bridgeport.

So what ever you decide is fine with me more likely than not.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top