Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Grey Meadow, the Industrial Hub

Comments

• Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2012
    Here's what I've done:
    I cut a space in one of the walls of the big show venue, so now Sims will act like they are outside and can now interact with the proprietor. Regarding the lot that screechingvilnce mentioned (thank you for being clear, I instantly knew what lot you were taking about), I removed the gates and instead added a little entryway to each apartment (to make them NPC doors, I needed to use public room markers, which you cannot place outside of walls). I got a complaint about a lack of hitching posts in Fortress Rock, and I figured this world was lacking in them as well, so I placed them on lots where I saw them practical. I also fixed the messed up thumbnail for the Blum family (it was at least messed up in my game; it was a deformed silhouette of a man standing off to the side; God only knows what caused that originally). Are there any more problems?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Okay, let's try this again. Here's Grey Meadow updated for Showtime: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5891898
  • Options
    eilianeilian Posts: 1,246 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thanks so much! Happily dl & rec :-)
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud. - Maya Angelou
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited June 2012
    I really think it's great, you updating Grey Meadow and Fortress Rock for the eps, and I've rec'd both but my vampire family is slowly converting Grey Meadow into "vamps only" city and I must keep my Grey Meadow. Now that the rock star's daughter has married into the powerful Blightwood vampire empire, the city will be under their control...mwahahahaha. :D I'd have to start all over again.

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Greenb70Greenb70 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited June 2012
    Great world.My vamp is fitting in quite well.Many thanks for such a great quality world.
  • Options
    45rpm45rpm Posts: 2,606 Member
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for updating. I love your work
    and the quirky Sims you put in your town
    You make the Sims fun.
    I have not seen any other problems
  • Options
    mvwheelockmvwheelock Posts: 79 New Member
    edited June 2012
    Hey quailhogs! Other than the fact that your world is awesome, how did you make some of your buildings so many stories high?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It's good to see everything is working out well. Enjoy the world.
    mvwheelock: This is the tutorial that I looked at in order to make my buildings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp6N8-nv9sc&feature=related
    Of course, this is just to give the appearance of a tall building, you cannot actually build more than five floors of functional space (disregarding basements).
  • Options
    KitDragonFlightKitDragonFlight Posts: 6,219 Member
    edited June 2012
    So amazing work so far, I love the pictures!! I might dl it later, but quick question: will you update it for SN when it comes out? Like, buildings and stuff? idk about the families as I will probably put my own in anyway (I'm obsessed with all the creatures in SN so I will give them all snarky and quirky personalities) XD!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I might update it if the expansion requires it. I cannot be definite though since I am seriously running out of space in this world. Of course, it's not exactly on my mind right now either.
  • Options
    arpster25arpster25 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2012
    Love the world. Could not really decide which family to start with. Finally went with a big family, Doyle and Finola McGuinness. Was surprised that all their kids were not evil or insane.

Did notice something after a few sim-days not sure if it is by design or glitch. The kids never brought home homework and they ended up having to do it at school.

Do have one question with such a dark setting and some of the stories for the families was wondering why some of them had so much simoleons when it did not really fit the background story (of course this is my point of view)? I am looking at it like this that maybe someone died and left the poor people some extra spending money.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    arpster25: The homework issue occurs with all custom built worlds with premade sims. To fix this, you have to delete the school and replace it so that the kids become re-enrolled and bring home new homework. Also, the town is supposed to have some wealthy Sims living there and some poor Sims living there. There is a heavy class division, so you will find both ends of the extreme. Unless what you meant is that the families intended to be poor are rich, such as the McGuinness and Kramer family (I also tend to leave most of the cheaper properties open so that you can easily move in new families with little money). I cannot really look at that now since my desktop is dead and my laptop is too crappy to run the game on.
  • Options
    DART104DART104 Posts: 414 Member
    edited September 2012
    Please say you are going to get a new desktop.

Looking at the pictures leaves me speechless and in awe. Perfectionism can be such a lovely trait in certain endeavors.

:mrgreen:

• Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited September 2012
    You gonna update for supernatural?
    because I think the town hall from SN would fit in perfectly here!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I'll get to it eventually.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Hi! Just thought I'd drop in and say that Grey Meadow was made specifically for SN it seems. I have my family who is growing like crazy and everyone's intertwined with the Blightwoods. :twisted:

Problem, it is very scary. :lol: It's perfect, just the way it is. I keep saying it, what a great job you did Quailhogs! I'll be enjoying this town for a long time to come. :D
  • Options
    ashley247ashley247 Posts: 74 Member
    edited September 2012
    I just stumbled across your worlds the other day and think that Grey Meadow is great for Supernatural too. A updated version for Supernatural would be great! I love the architecture of your buildings in all of your worlds! I also can't wait for Vargjfell to have a final version. Vargjfell is my favorite world. I thought the jousting arena was awesome! The architecture, the way the world is designed, and the background story of the world is great. I also enjoyed reading your family descriptions. You do such a great job! :D
  • Options
    Ra345Ra345 Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited September 2012
    I'm going to be downloading this once I get OLS and FLS installed on my game. Your world seems incredible, and I am so excited to be downloading it soon! I've been a fan of yours since I saw you pop your head into the Wizarding World Legacy thread so long ago, and now I'm going to have a new, gorgeous world to play in thanks to you. I'll come back to let you know a bit about my play testing and various things I have tried doing. Currently I'm swamped with work and coursework though, so it may have to wait until next weekend. It looks brilliant from the thread though - and I appreciate all the effort you have been putting into it.
  • Options
    SimExpertJaredSimExpertJared Posts: 865 New Member
    edited September 2012
    I think my favorite part of this world is the trees. Very nice work!
  • Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    edited November 2012
    I had been waiting for this world and just remembered it when I was visiting MTS's Favorite Custom Worlds thread. Downloading the Showtime update and will be trying it out tonight. Thank you very much.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2012
    Finally, this is the one I love the most of your worlds Quailhogs - but then it is the one I have had the longest I believe. I do also love Vargfjell, but this is my fav. The characters are just the best also....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited November 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Finally, this is the one I love the most of your worlds Quailhogs - but then it is the one I have had the longest I believe. I do also love Vargfjell, but this is my fav. The characters are just the best also....
    I agree! Love the Blightwoods. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I will probably buy Seasons soon and combine the Seasons update with Supernatural to save time and effort. This will be a regular update as opposed to the one with Fortress Rock.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2012
    Sounds perfect to me, after all why mess with perfection. I can tell you both work nice in this world, at least when I tested it with both installed in my pc. I did not add their corresponding lots though but the elixir shop as I was just testing it along with all my fav worlds and just kept the worlds that did work great with all my eps - so it would be nice to have those few lots for these eps in the best spots you have in mind for them. As I have loved all you have done with your world as it is. But the atmosphere in this world is just perfect for SN, and Winter really looks spectacular.
    Post edited by Unknown User on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Lennon777Lennon777 Posts: 786 New Member
    edited November 2012
    I agree with Writin_Reg.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top