Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gurus Please Delete This, I Broke It...

Comments

• Options
    SimEveSimEve Posts: 4,772 Member
    edited August 2010
    Updated with a tutorial on Shark Tanks with the fog emitter.
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi Eve, :D

Just stopped by to thank you for sharing the tutorials with us! I love the shark tank tutorial and the new aquarium tutorial! You have explained everything very nicely! I have recommended both the tutorials and added it to my favourite folder! I am really looking forward to try it in my game! :mrgreen: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks Yanti!
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited August 2010
    Watched this today. This soooo cool!! Saw those codes in the list a couple weeks ago, but didn't dawn on me at all to use them this way. Thank you!! :o)
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi! Thank you so much for your beautiful lots, tours and tutorials. :) I love all of your creations. :)
    (Unfortunately, the Shark tutorial doesn't work on youtube because of Sony.)

And I have a problem with one of your lots - just tried to install 5 of them in the same time, and launcher always collapsed. Don't know which one is exactly, so I give you the list I wanted to install: Yudachi, Slab Starter, El Amor del Madre, Abandoned Fishing Village and Modern Shades of the Sea. After installing them, I went down in the "installed content" section, and the launcher collapses about at Modern Shades of the Sea. You wrote, that you have custom content only in El Amor del Madre, so I'm not sure. I had to delete them from the list carefully, and it took some time, because I had to relaunch again and again because of the collapses, but after I deleted the Modern Shades finally - my game worked well. Custom patterns you used are still in my game. I have the Sushi Chef's and the Bohemian spirit houses in my game, and have absolutely no problem with them. And I don't use custom content at all, only custom patterns. No mods, no hacks, only about 10 custom makeup and clothes.
    Can you see this lots what would be the problem, please?
    Thank you in advance. Have a nice day! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    imoger- Thanks!
    What about Sony? I'm confused.
    As for Modern Shades of the Sea, I checked it with the Sims 3 Clean Pack Installer just to make sure that I didn't miss some cc, but it doesn't have any. I don't know what could be causing it not install for you. Have you tried saving the file instead of adding it directly to your game?
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited August 2010
    I got a message, that the video content belongs to Sony, and they disabled to watch this in my country. So, I cannot watch the tutorial from Hungary.

I always save the files before I installing them to the game. I can install all of the lots, the problem came when I wanted to check which content was installed with them. As I wrote, I'm not sure, that Moderns Shades was the wrong file, just when I rolled down in the installed content menu, launcher collapsed about there. I will try to install them separately, so maybe I will find which was.

Thank again :)
  • Options
    bradrigobradrigo Posts: 1,495 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Hello,
    Wow, You really do have amazing talent in architecture, and designing.
    Firstly, I think Your way of structuring each individual lot is incredible, and is certainly original. I love the way You dress You builds inside and out, Your landscaping is especially gifted. My favorite lot that You've made, would probably be yadachi, tied with the suchi chefs house.
    Thanks for all the great lots You've provided us all, and Cant wait to see some new ones!
  • Options
    Dreamer90Dreamer90 Posts: 718 New Member
    edited August 2010
    imoger wrote:
    I got a message, that the video content belongs to Sony, and they disabled to watch this in my country. So, I cannot watch the tutorial from Hungary.

[...]

I have the same problem. When I want to watch the video it always says:
    'This video contains content that belongs to Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available anymore in your country.' (which is Germany by the way)
    Sadly this is a very common problem on youtube. As far as I know it has to do with copyright infringement issues and the respective laws in the particular country. That's especially annoying when the music is just for 'background noise' (no offense;)) and has nothing to do with the actual purpose of the video. Very often people don't know that their videos can't be watched in other countries because of the music they chose.
  • Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the tutorial. This should be even easier in Late Night since I read you can place pools on any level, and with curves. Yay!

• Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow SimEve! I am impressed. You always find a way to step it up. Can't wait to see your new lot, I hope you can upload soon.
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    maria_loves_alexmaria_loves_alex Posts: 9,054 Member
    edited August 2010
    just thought I'd visit and shower you with recs for your amazing work :D

how do you make those slideshows picture things?
    My Page: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/maria_loves_alex

Follow me on the Sims 4 Gallery - ID 'MariannaSims'
  • Options
    Gia150Gia150 Posts: 273 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Your have a true talent. Thanks for making me want to build better in my game. All your work is so awesome.EA should give you a job.
    I never can still get how to get screen shots to look good when uploading my Sims.The Sims 2 I did, but now just lost.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DonsvlinderDonsvlinder Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2010
    Realy love the Shark tutorial :D I'm definitely going to put that in one of my new lots :P GJ!
    signature-the-sims-4-3.jpg
  • Options
    SilverDragon111SilverDragon111 Posts: 6,173 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the shark tutorial :D It's awsomely helpful and cool :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Imoeger and Dreamer90- I hate that my choice of music keeps you from being able to watch. I guess i will have to write my own music :lol:. Sigh... Maybe I can figure out something! Thanks for the heads up.

Bradrigo- Thanks so much! I do love the Japanese Culture and design and I guess it shows since almost everyone seems to like my Japanese styled lots the best. I guess I had better keep making them... :mrgreen:

kquinn1990 -I can't wait for curved pools!

kimwriter75Thanks Kim! I've been trying to upload it for a month now but I finally got it to work on a test so I'm hoping to be able to upload this weekend.

maria_loves_alex Hi Maria! Thanks so much. Those gifs? The automaitc slideshow thingies/ I make them with Photoshop/Imageready. I'm horrible at explaining things but if you look up how to make an animated gif on Googl or yahoo, it should be pretty easy to find. But let me know if you can't find anything and I will try to help.

Gia150 Thanks so much! The best advice for screenshots that I can give is to get as close in as possible while still showing all of the details you want to show in that picture.

DonsvlinderI hope you will! I was just admiring your lots a bit ago.

SilverDragon111 Np!
  • Options
    Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Eve

Babes thanks for this tutorial on shark tanks..
    I love that idea..
    The sharks look creepy ha!
    I already saw 'Piranha 3D' on Tuesday really scary..
    these sharks reminded me of that..
    Deserves a rec too, so here you are hun..
    love Zinda x

Couldn't rec youtube wish i could rec though
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    New lot up! http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/221467.page#2720404
    I have to go but I couldn't wait any longer since I've been trying to get this up fo almost three months! Later! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lindaylinday Posts: 1,332 Member
    edited September 2010
    Evey, that is stunning!! (I would expect no less from you though!) Love the shark tank, the outside seating areas looks so inviting, the name suits the home so well. Great job!! Rec'd! :)
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi Eve
    :shock: Wow! Iam speachless this is just amazing . It is beautiful ,realistic and Oh ! the work you have put into it. :D
    Thank you for sharing you are always so kind and helpful. :D Left a rec and Fav'd. :thumbup:
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2010
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:YAY IT'S FINALLY UPLOADED! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Absolutely fabulous lot Eve'y! Love the shark tank and the whole tropical vibe is literally a breath of fresh air!

Bravo missus! :D

Absolutely Recommended! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2010
    Hi there Eve, :mrgreen:

I love your Tropical Serenity lot! WOW! :shock: The architecture is really striking! I love the outside dining area and the porch very much! The indoor swimming pool and the fish tank is divine! Love the interior designs as well! The dining room, the double bedroom, the bathrooms, the upper deck looks soooooo good! Brilliant as always Eve! Left a very well deserved recommendation for your lot! :thumbup:
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited September 2010
    Wow! Like everyone else I think the shark room is extrodinary. I loved it. But I really adore the hone itself. I love the use of the pillars and railing throughout. It looks incredeble! I love the colors and the desighn. All the wonderful views out the windows! I am so glad you were finally able to upload this! Rec and fav! I will at some point find a world to place this!
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    edited September 2010
    Linday- Thanks so much Linday! :mrgreen:
    Follyfoot- Thank you Follyfoot. I appreciate that!
    Allium-Thanks Allikins! I almost gave up! :shock:
    yanti68Thanks so much Yanti!
    kimjo313Thank you Kim. Thanks for the fav as well!

• Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Bumpsy for Eve'y! :D