Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    superrupstersuperrupster Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This is a really obvious DYK, but in my case it took me by major surprise...

My Sim was originally made with blonde hair, but then I made it red with blue tips and highlights. Afterwards, she got pregnant, and a day before the baby was born I made her hair black. The baby, a boy, looked fine. When I aged him to a toddler, he had red and blue patches on his head! I thought that was cool, because it never happened like that in The Sims 2.
  • Options
    kimberely13kimberely13 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    if you put the arrow over the item in ur inventory and left click ur mouse u can put things in the fridge or throw thing away depending on where u want them just make sure the item is lined up where u want it to go :-)
  • Options
    Xanita38Xanita38 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This is a really obvious DYK, but in my case it took me by major surprise...

My Sim was originally made with blonde hair, but then I made it red with blue tips and highlights. Afterwards, she got pregnant, and a day before the baby was born I made her hair black. The baby, a boy, looked fine. When I aged him to a toddler, he had red and blue patches on his head! I thought that was cool, because it never happened like that in The Sims 2.

So I guess that means the genetics are passed on at conception.

I have a woman with blonde hair and she had 2 daughters who looked exactely like her with even the same hairstyle.
    So I changed the hairstyle on the kids so I could tell their pictures apart but every time they have a b-day it changes back to moms hairstyle.
  • Options
    zafazarezafazare Posts: 55 New Member
    edited July 2009
    In Riverview there is a hidden mine :)
    It isnt shown on the map
    You can find a bunch of rocks in there
    And also when your in there a pair of yello eyes watch you!
    CCRREEEEPPYY xP
  • Options
    Starmile26Starmile26 Posts: 28 New Member
    edited July 2009

DYK That if you buy a rubber duck from the grocery store and put it on your Bathtub then your sim gets a positive ' Ducky Time ' moodlet that lasts for 5 hours :D . That made my day !
  • Options
    BubtasBubtas Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wow!! That is so cool. I want to try that :D
  • Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    edited July 2009
    Schweighsr wrote:
    RoseMcB wrote:
    Keep seeing questions about Life Fruit. Its a random find and needs at least level 7/8 gardening skill to grow. Will show up in either Rare or Special seed categories. I have found them around the outside of the graveyard in Sunset Valley and around the outside of Stonehenge in Riverview.

Life Fruit are Special seeds. The only Rare seeds are Garlic and Bell Pepper.

Here is a run down:

Common Seeds:
    - Apple [tree]
    - Grape [vine]
    - Lettuce [vine]
    - Tomato [standing]

Uncommon Seeds:
    - Lime [tree]
    - Onion [standing]
    - Potato [vine]
    - Watermelon [vine]

Rare Seeds:
    - Bell Pepper [standing]
    - Garlic [vine]

Special Seeds:
    - Death Flower [standing]
    - Flame Fruit [vine]
    - Life Plant [standing]
    - Money Tree [tree]

So if you plant an Uncommon Seed and it grows like a stick, you can tell you've got a lime tree. If it grows like a vine, it's either potato or watermelon; and so on.

Hope that helps.

I've posted a compliation of everything I've learned from this thread in my blog. http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/Schweighsr/ [that is if you don't feel like reading through all 130 pages and re-reading the same tips over and over and over....]

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I dunno whether this has been said or not, but did you know you can have a "sims-eye view" of the the sims world by going to your phone and selecting "Take Photo". I've looked ... and it's Beautiful :D

Yeah, I know. It is so awesome because it feels like I am in their world from my point of view.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    if you put the arrow over the item in ur inventory and left click ur mouse u can put things in the fridge or throw thing away depending on where u want them just make sure the item is lined up where u want it to go :-)

Thanks for that tip!
  • Options
    terriefarrellterriefarrell Posts: 178 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I love that you can place the teddy bear in the cot with the babies.
  • Options
    chrisgil10chrisgil10 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    did you know there are no roaches, that you can fill a room with rotting food for days and then trap a sim in there and he still wont die, and that if said sim is eating the putrid quality food he gets a nausous moodlet but never pukes!
  • Options
    chrisgil10chrisgil10 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    hate double posts
  • Options
    ChinaberryChinaberry Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i know this post is not in the right place but i need HELP i have downloaded some sims from the exchange and they say successfully installed but are not in the pre made sims in the CAS they are no where to be found!! :cry:
    any one have any idea what i can do!?!?
  • Options
    Brinabear4Brinabear4 Posts: 767 Member
    edited July 2009
    Chinaberry wrote:
    i know this post is not in the right place but i need HELP i have downloaded some sims from the exchange and they say successfully installed but are not in the pre made sims in the CAS they are no where to be found!! :cry:
    Did you download households or sims??
    If you downloaded and succssfly installed a sim it would be in the create a sim choose a sim thing (you know the thing with heads on it).If it was a household than it would show up in the move in thing.
  • Options
    marcusspencer13marcusspencer13 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I like how couples cuddle during their sleep.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Brinabear4 wrote:
    Chinaberry wrote:
    If you downloaded and succssfly installed a sim it would be in the create a sim choose a sim thing (you know the thing with heads on it).If it was a household than it would show up in the move in thing.

ya i downloaded a sim and there is a sim in the Pre made sims but not the one i downloaded its so weird.
  • Options
    zafazarezafazare Posts: 55 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Awww You can? :D
    Thats so cute
    Im gonna go do that right now ^^
  • Options
    Brinabear4Brinabear4 Posts: 767 Member
    edited July 2009
    Chinaberry wrote:
    Brinabear4 wrote:
    Chinaberry wrote:

ya i downloaded a sim and there is a sim in the Pre made sims but not the one i downloaded its so weird.
    Well have you searched all of pre-made sims bin.If you did i don't know whats wrong.Oh and is the sim in in the right place in the folder they go in.
  • Options
    7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited July 2009
    zafazare wrote:
    Thats so cute

If you put it in their inventory instead it automatically comes out while sleeping and gives a positive moodlet, also works for children.
  • Options
    heidismilesheidismiles Posts: 502 New Member
    edited July 2009
    zafazare wrote:
    Thats so cute

Put the teddy in their inventory. Babies, toddlers and children get the "slept with teddy" moodlet.
  • Options
    GingerRaeSGingerRaeS Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Chinaberry wrote:
    Brinabear4 wrote:
    Chinaberry wrote:

did the sim have any premium items that you don't have. I downloaded a sim with a hairstyle I didn't have and looked for her in the pre-made sims and found a sim, but it didn't look like her because it just stuck her with a random haircut. . .
  • Options
    GingerRaeSGingerRaeS Posts: 41 New Member
    edited July 2009
    zafazare wrote:
    Thats so cute

Put the teddy in their inventory. Babies, toddlers and children get the "slept with teddy" moodlet.

aww, I was wondering if my sim could sleep with her teddy, thanks for reading my mind :lol:
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    GingerRaeS wrote:
    Chinaberry wrote:
    Brinabear4 wrote:
    Chinaberry wrote:

did the sim have any premium items that you don't have. I downloaded a sim with a hairstyle I didn't have and looked for her in the pre-made sims and found a sim, but it didn't look like her because it just stuck her with a random haircut. . .

ya the sim had a haircut i didnt have, so i guess thats yhe problem
  • Options
    BluFaeryBeauty83BluFaeryBeauty83 Posts: 34 New Member
    edited July 2009
    DYK that if a child's parent is in the military when they are born, that child gains the ability to salute fellow sims for their entire life. I found this out last night! It's really cute!
  • Options
    RoseMcBRoseMcB Posts: 88 New Member
    edited July 2009
    RoseMcB wrote:
    Noticed someone posted that Flame Fruit has no purpose. It does. It is an ingredient in Baked Angelfood Cake.

Keep seeing questions about Life Fruit. Its a random find and needs at least level 7/8 gardening skill to grow. Will show up in either Rare or Special seed categories. I have found them around the outside of the graveyard in Sunset Valley and around the outside of Stonehenge in Riverview.

I decided to help ole Agnes Crumplebottom out and resurrect Erik Darling. OMG! What an ordeal. She improved her relationship with his ghost til they were at the woohoo stage and he spent most nights actually sleeping beside her instead of haunting the house, which I though was kind of sweet.

She finally got her Cooking, Fishing, and Gardening all to level 10, found the Life Fruit seeds, caught the death fish, made the Ambrosia, set up a table and chair in the bedroom where he always came to see her. He went right to it, sat down, ate the Ambrosia, returned to life, immediately jumped up from the table and ran out of the house!!!!!!

I was so ticked off!!! He had no memory of her whatsoever! She was in shock. Had to rebuild the whole relationship from scratch, but now they are engaged and when he gets all his skills back, they will get married and she will be able to finish the baby room, the poor dear.

LOL!
    :D

If you had made Erik a playable ghost then he would have kept the relationship with Agnes, work, and develop skills, until you were able to make the ambrosia. But I'm glad to hear its working out

Yup, but I didn't want a playable ghost.
    :)