Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*Updated* a "did you know" post...including some DYK's from WA and HELS, Ambitions now included...

Comments

• Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited July 2009
    Marn39 wrote:
    Can anyone help

has anyone been able to deliver group cookies to school - my sim can cook the cookies but is unable to deliver them, what am I missing - Please anyone.

Were the cookies in his/her inventory? Just drag them in and it should work.
  • Options
    SimohollickSimohollick Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I dunno whether this has been said or not, but did you know you can have a "sims-eye view" of the the sims world by going to your phone and selecting "Take Photo". I've looked ... and it's Beautiful :D
  • Options
    anacharoanacharo Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Don't know if it has been posted before but...

DYK...

Male sims have bunny slippers but female don't?
    That's sooo sooooooo frustrating! :cry:
  • Options
    marcusspencer13marcusspencer13 Posts: 238 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It is annoying! You have this muscalur guy and he wears bunny slippers!
  • Options
    Wannapha6Wannapha6 Posts: 119 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Just found this out yesterday...if your trying to upload a lot and it stops just before you reach 100%..Go back and delete a few items off your lots (plants trees)...if that does not fix the problem...go back and check your lot,if you used the moveobjects cheat, check to make sure none of your items is OUTSIDE THE LOT BONDRIES...if it is you will have to move your lot to a bigger lot, since you will not be able to move the objects. That should fix it and you can finish your upload, just be sure to reload the lot.

mysig_1177225365.jpg

• Options
    gaillav2008gaillav2008 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    How to I get rid of all the fish in my family inventory?
  • Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited July 2009
    let him embrace his feminine side 8)
  • Options
    lemonslemons Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    did you know that if you were just robbed and the police has handcuffed the burglar you can set them free! by the time i noticed the option had left and i haven't had any more burglaries to try it out.
  • Options
    flickersweetflickersweet Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Does anyone know if or how to change a sim's wardrobe?....kinda sucks they can only have three outfits at once. And any word on if there may be a clothing shop community lot in an EP any time soon? I love the new things sims can now do but miss the Seasons and OFB EPs from Sims 2 and find myself playing 2 as much as 3 lately.
  • Options
    superrupstersuperrupster Posts: 19 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Does anyone know if or how to change a sim's wardrobe?....kinda sucks they can only have three outfits at once. And any word on if there may be a clothing shop community lot in an EP any time soon? I love the new things sims can now do but miss the Seasons and OFB EPs from Sims 2 and find myself playing 2 as much as 3 lately.

If there aren't any shops in the beginning, there's no point. I quite rather like the new system, very easy, simple, doesn't take too long and you can as easily test out the clothes on the Sims there than 'Try On'.

I just missing the WooHooing in dressing rooms, haha. (:
  • Options
    anacharoanacharo Posts: 30 New Member
    edited July 2009

Just click on your dresser and then "Plan Outfit". If you're wearing your work uniform it may not work. You'll be directed to CaS and there you can change the outfits. :D
  • Options
    NatalieDeFoeNatalieDeFoe Posts: 64 New Member
    edited July 2009
    anacharo wrote:
    DYK...

After a certain point in the game, something invisible is placed in front of the warehouse and my criminal sim can't go to work? And my spy can't raid criminals either. They go to the place and complain that there's something in the way. I can't get that with any tool and replacing the warehouse didn't work either. Watch out for that. :?

Yeah that happened to me too!! It's SO annoying :roll:

Did you know that birthday cakes can be used as fish bait :)

Omg, what r u going to catch with a cake....? O.o
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    let him embrace his feminine side 8)

rofl ^.^ I've had a guy wearing those before my girl dated him . It was funni ^.^
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    How to I get rid of all the fish in my family inventory?

I always click on the store and u can sale them there, or u can sale from ur inventory ^.^
  • Options
    KalladasimmerKalladasimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I cant find the create a story option on my home page and im trying 2 write my first legacy. I wrote a practice story and now i cant get 2 it.
  • Options
    Xanita38Xanita38 Posts: 63 New Member
    edited July 2009
    anacharo wrote:

Just click on your dresser and then "Plan Outfit". If you're wearing your work uniform it may not work. You'll be directed to CaS and there you can change the outfits. :D

Using the + sign you can plan upto 3 outfits in each category that you can change into by clicking on yourself.
  • Options
    ricslady99ricslady99 Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited July 2009
    DYK that you can bathe until tranquil and it gives a tranquil moodlet for 8 hours. Slide the bar over to choose.
  • Options
    SimohollickSimohollick Posts: 1,093 New Member
    edited July 2009
    ricslady99 wrote:
    DYK that you can bathe until tranquil and it gives a tranquil moodlet for 8 hours. Slide the bar over to choose.

You need to place the bubble bath item, from the supermarket, on the bath to have that option. But you can only have 2 out of the 3 items on the bath at one time. Personally, I go for the rubber duck and the bubble bath (you get the option of bathing until tranquil and you get the "Ducky time" moodlet!) :D
  • Options
    jeanomicsjeanomics Posts: 203 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I tried to read as many as I could, but there are over 100 pages so I'm sorry if this is already posted.

With the testingcheatsenabled cheat on you can drag your relationship bars to be where you want them. (I have like 30 best friends and 10 enemies)

Once you have 20 friends, your relationships never decay.

Once you have 10 best friends, you can skip good friends and go straight to best friends.

One of my male sims asked his romantic interest to break up with her boyfriend. She did, and my male sim got a negative moodlet because her boyfriend was one of his best friends and he lost a friend.

Keep Simming :D

Very interesting!!!

I've never seen the option to do the bolded part. Gotta try that.
  • Options
    jeanomicsjeanomics Posts: 203 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Xanita38 wrote:
    DYK that when you (the player) look through a window of a house you can see the people but not the furniture?

When you make your sim look through the window you can see the whole thing.

So my "lets get the whole town pregnant" sim picked up his daughter (toddler) from her moms house and took her home with him.
    He fed her, potty-trained her and put her in a crib.
    She kept waking up so he finally put her outside in the middle of the night!!
    She crawled all the way home!

... so gonna try this. :lol:
  • Options
    speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I cant find the create a story option on my home page and im trying 2 write my first legacy. I wrote a practice story and now i cant get 2 it.

Did you know that the sim avatar below this posting looks EXACTLY like your sim avatar? :shock:

What are the odds? eerie.
  • Options
    lucyb135lucyb135 Posts: 185 Member
    edited July 2009
    well for one, i found out that my game works much better if the sims 2 is installed. dont ask me why no idea.

and for two,i like how you can carry the ttoddlers off the lot it makes it more life like :lol:

but i still play the sims 2 almost the same amount as sims 3
  • Options
    Sophie_SimLvrSophie_SimLvr Posts: 40 New Member
    edited July 2009
    what is kaching again?
    Errrm.... The cheat 4 1000 money ^.^ Most people use motherlode
  • Options
    zafazarezafazare Posts: 55 New Member
    edited July 2009
    anacharo wrote:
    Don't know if it has been posted before but...

DYK...

Male sims have bunny slippers but female don't?
    That's sooo sooooooo frustrating! :cry:

I like how my males can have bunny slippers :D
    I put them on all of mine
    But... I guess it would be cute if girls could... although, I usually dont put slippers on my females (for PJs)
  • Options
    zafazarezafazare Posts: 55 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Guys, does anyone know how to get rid of a ghost sim that doesnt have a gravestone?
    Theres a random one in this premade house I moved into and its bugging me...