Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**Superheroes/Supervillains Modelling Competition** FINAL DEADLINE 5TH MARCH.

Comments

• Options
    SquallySqually Posts: 491 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Ja, the deadline is tomorrow at 9pm <3

The scores'll be up a couple of hours after that, hopefully.
  • Options
    RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited March 2010
    I'm anxious too, or more so very nervous. I'm not just saying this to say it but out of all the pics submitted I really think mine is the worst. I so don't want to be eliminated :( I love this competition. Anyways I won't be able to check it all day tomorrow as I'll be out all day, but it will definitely be on my mind.
  • Options
    rockbelly929rockbelly929 Posts: 591 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Well, here's mine. I think one's my worst yet. I just didn't have any ideas! But, antyways, here it is:
    2uerzw9.jpg
    Jeremy doesn't have what one would expect to be a lair. What Jeremy has is a small room in his mansion where he plots his revenge. He stands there looking out the window with an expressionless look on his faceface. His anger with his enemies makes the room practically catch fire with the intensity of his rage.And he just stands there, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Well, I don't feel accomplished at all. Well, maybe I'm just being hard on my self.
  • Options
    Cecesaun1Cecesaun1 Posts: 1,295 Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm anxious too, or more so very nervous. I'm not just saying this to say it but out of all the pics submitted I really think mine is the worst. I so don't want to be eliminated :( I love this competition. Anyways I won't be able to check it all day tomorrow as I'll be out all day, but it will definitely be on my mind.

RD please! Girl you know your pics are always awesome and there is NO way you are being eliminated for such a pretty pic! :mrgreen: I think everyone did a great job. It was/is a challenging shoot...showing their lair...and what they do in this lair and focusing on our model...all that put into one shoot isn't easy. But you always put out great pics!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Vancarmiel was to small and far away and wasn't the focus of the picture and I know I'm going to get marked down for that. But thanks so much for the compliment Cece. I LOVED your pic this round, don't know if I mentioned that. Your model is just so delicious looking, he's always sucks you right into the picture.
  • Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited March 2010
    i will get in in tomroow.
  • Options
    awesome_phoebeawesome_phoebe Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2010
    Ehhh I don't know if I'll be able to get it because the time I thought I'd do the picture something personal happened in my family. But I don't want to drop out so I'll still try but if I don't them yeah oh well :?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @awesome_phoebe: I'll wait to confer with DS before doing anything, but we could always extend the time for you? I think we can only extend it one more time to be fair to the others, though. Do you need an extra day, or is it a case of hours? <3

Or if you're not sure if you'll have the time, we could grant immunity for you this round? Let us know what's easier for you. And I hope there's nothing too serious going on *hugs*

@dylsoccer12: I have to say something; today is the deadline, and yet you're saying tomorrow; and not once have you asked for an extension. Because another contestant needs more time there's a chance the competition will be extended anyway, so you’ve dodged the bullet this time. It wouldn’t be fair to the others if we postponed results for someone who hasn’t even asked for the competition to be extended.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2010
    @awesome_phoebe: Don't worry about it. We can work something out <3 if it's easier we can extend again till Friday or like Squally says grant you immunity - you'll just have to hand in both pictures before the next deadline and we'll score both.

@dylsoccer12: I'm sorry but I have to agree with Squally here. You've been saying you'll get it up 'tomorrow' for the past 3 or so days. The deadline is tonight so you don't have the time available to post it 'tomororw'. If you asked for an extension we'd be more than happy to give it to you but you haven't. You just keep saying tomorrow-tomorrow. As the saying goes, tomorrow never comes ;)

If you need an extension please just ask. Putting things off just winds people up IMO.

Sorry, didn't mean to sound harsh there ^_^;
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited March 2010
    I hope everybody can get it in soon, another downfall to getting the pic in first, you wait the longest.

RD - I critique my pics all the time. There are many things I could say about my pic ( I am not going to though b/c I do not want to put any thought in the judges head that are not already there!:))
    I think we are all our own worst critics! You always do well! You were no. 1 for all the assignments so far. I think you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Right, DS and I have come to a decision. We're going to be extending the deadline one last time until;

Friday 5th March at 9pm UK time.

But this is the very last time we're extending it for this round, since we're done it enough as it is, and it's not fair to those who have gotten theirs in on time.

@awesome_phoebe: If you can't get it in by then, we're granting you immunity for this round; meaning you'll need to submit the two pictures for the next round. So if you can comment and let us know what you'll be doing, that'll be great <3

In other words, if we don't hear from you before the deadline, you'll get an automatic immunity.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hello everybody
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Hi Sun!!! I was having the DT's since the forums haven't been up. LoL. And I'm still incredibly anxious for results. I know I'm my own worst critique but i also like to think that I recognize when I do really well, this assignment just isn't one of those times.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I had to go to therepy while the forum was down, I am forwarding my bill to EA :) Can't wait to see everybody
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LoL, I know right! They should be giving us something. I mean.... oh let me not start up again, I just went off on another thread.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes, I had the comfort of SimsSanctuary while the forum was down. We actually had a good time, though we were a little silly at times! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've never been over there. I actually didn't even fire up my Sims game the whole time it was down. This community kind of fuels me to play the game. I might need to go in search of a new one though if this kind of thing is going to happen. Crossing my fingers that it never happens again!
  • Options
    awesome_phoebeawesome_phoebe Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited March 2010
    Finally forums are back :)

@Squally & DS: You guys are both so nice :) Sorry, things have just been so.....bad..lately. Sims hasn't really been a priority for the past week or so. Obviously it's past Friday so I'll take the immunity? I just don't want to leave this comp but I don't want to hold everyone up so yeah. I couldn't really do anything the past like 5 days because I've been at a hospital pretty much all day, every day... So thanks for letting me stay :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ugh FINALLY I can get on.

Right well that was a complete disaster wasn't it? Unfortunately due to complete fail on my part I hadn't actually scored any of your pictures and obviously I couldn't get on to look at them again so I could do proper scores.

I've saved all your pictures to my computer, I have to go to work shortly but I'll score tonight and provided I can get back on the forum I'll have the next challenge posted tonight.

I'm so sorry about all this guys. I want to strangle EA right about now ¬¬
  • Options
    PiaPiaPiaPia Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited March 2010
    Hooray! The forums are working again and DS is soon working again too! Lol :XD:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wow, the forums are working again? I might just die of the shock!

*waits impatiently for FFXIII to arrive* D: **** postal service..

Right so awesome_pheobe and dylsoccer have immunity for this round. I'll forward my scores to DS so she can post the assignment when I'm at work tonight; and this time the coding had better not mess up.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I picked up FF yesterday, but haven't played yet!
  • Options
    PiaPiaPiaPia Posts: 1,590 Member
    edited March 2010
    Excuse me for asking, but why do they have immunity? :shock: I guess there's something I haven't read in this thread... lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    @PiaPia: awesome_pheobe had a few issues this week and she did let us know she was struggling to get the picture in so we've given her immunity, as for dylsoccer I'm really torn to be honest... he never did ask for an extension and kept saying he would post tomorrow even though 'tomorrow' would be after the deadline but then the forums went wonky :/
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    awesome_phoebe has it because she's been having a rough time lately with personal issues so rather than pushing the deadline back and back again, we've given her immunity for this round.

Dyl ... we were very torn about. He kept saying he would post again "tomorrow" right up until past what the original deadline would have been. If the forums hadn't have gone down, he would have been kicked out.

I know it's annoying, but I don't think it's fair to kick him out when the forums were down, so he couldn't possibly reply. This is his last chance, however, since he has been messing us around.