Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Angeles BETA RELEASED!!!

1161718192022...Next

Comments

• Options
    ThoseDaysAreOverThoseDaysAreOver Posts: 1,315 Member
    edited May 2011
    When will it be done?
  • Options
    lynnloves2actlynnloves2act Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    This world is amazing! It's just what I'm looking for!!! How can I download it?
  • Options
    jja27jja27 Posts: 769 New Member
    edited May 2011
    Cant wait to download this world Minimelo649. Something to look forward to while I finish my world.
  • Options
    jja27jja27 Posts: 769 New Member
    edited May 2011
    double post. :roll:
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2011
    Error 12 is a user error - due to their running out of memory. So not a thing you can do about someone running out of memory. The user needs to get more ram, save more often, and reboot her pc in big worlds until they have sufficient ram - especially if they use the big memory using CC in their games like skins and hairs. They need mega amounts of ram in that case. I have seen a single hair be bigger than an entire populated large world.

Just curious, those houses missing things were they apts? Did you uninstall any eps or sps since you furnished them or perhaps updated your game during the time between furnishing them? Was any of the content CC?

You should have seen everything you put in them period in EIG as the creator and not player who has the furnished or unfurnished option. That does not come up when building houses to the creator so it stands to reason somehow the content you put in the houses were changed and seeing a lot of the mechanics have changed - from the way the game uses CC to the functionality and mechanics of furnishings - there have been changes that can indeed make the furnishings vanish. Just the fact in Ambitions career of the Architect changed furnishings from an certain type of object to an object that sims used in house design in game, so if the furnishings were put in the house before some updates, then they were most likely wiped out by the game system as their info would no longer be readable to the program. The same reason CC and mods have to be updated sometimes to work with new eps. The ep doesn't break them, they are broke because their programming no longer works with new programming. So the way the game handles it is either freeze and look for a solution (people see this freeze a lot when they use CC after a game update and go around claiming the update broke their game - I just laugh at them because I know better)or the game simply decided not to render them anymore because their info becomes garbled to the IA. So you are actually lucky it just made the stuff vanish as it could have rendered the whole world to creating crashing and freezing. I also would not rule out it still having problems with some houses when the world is being played, so you are probably better off refurnishing them anyway. I have heard if you stick to base game content only, you won't get any problems as the game wil always replace base game content, but the rest is not a guarantee.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Minimelo649Minimelo649 Posts: 373 New Member
    edited May 2011
    HEY GUYS!!! Thanks for ALL your support. Really i appreciate it! it really means alot to me. final stretch here!! lol

Great news. I never stopped working on the world since my last post and I am happy to announce that I have only 3 more houses to furnish!!!! LITERRALY 3 MORE!!! expect a full beta test world to be downloadable within the next 1 to 3 days! I just want to triple check some things real quick before i release.
    Arcangel2 wrote:
    Okay, I really love this world and with the re-ignition I'm sure it will be way better but I am just wondering. Are you going to properly texture the buildings? What I mean is insted just placing a color wall you go to CAS and make it look like brick. That is my only thing I would love done. I just had an idea! I could build some LN Skyscraper lots for you! Just give me to for my computer to go into repair.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this by any chance? If its in the cards, id be more than happy to accomodate it. I just dont understand what you mean! lol im sorry, its been an early morning day for me! :-)
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Error 12 is a user error - due to their running out of memory. So not a thing you can do about someone running out of memory. The user needs to get more ram, save more often, and reboot her pc in big worlds until they have sufficient ram - especially if they use the big memory using CC in their games like skins and hairs. They need mega amounts of ram in that case. I have seen a single hair be bigger than an entire populated large world.

Oh so this has nothing to do with me? ok. I was worried I was busting my butt off trying to finish this world, and people couldnt play it anyway because I did something wrong! lol thanks for the info!
    Just curious, those houses missing things were they apts? Did you uninstall any eps or sps since you furnished them or perhaps updated your game during the time between furnishing them? Was any of the content CC?

They were a mix of houses and apartments. And its a possibility that I uninstalled at some point. This project has been on for a while i cant remember! lol but there is no custom content whatsoever! I did end up just refurnishing them. I think it turned out to be easier than trying to figure out why they were dissapearing at all in the first place! lol

Thanks again for the great feedback guys! Keep an eye out for the beta!
  • Options
    BUNNYBOBOFUKBUNNYBOBOFUK Posts: 314 New Member
    edited May 2011
    :-o yeah this looks pretty lively theres so many hollywood los angeles worlds out there but they seem pretty dim and dark terrain wise :lol:
  • Options
    kckasskckass Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    release date?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    I am happy to announce that the BETA test version of Los Angeles has been released (If anyone even cares anymore!:D LMAO)

I have put it onto Mediafire, and the exchange, just so you have some options in case things go wrong! lol
    Enjoy, and this IS the BETA so please tell me if anyone runs into any problems!

Thanks again everyone. I realize this wasnt the most punctual project but im happy to say that I have put together a world that (i hope) looks and feels complete, and can stand up against EA created worlds. Thanks for bearing with me and all the trials and tribulations so to speak in the making of this world! lmao!

ENJOY the world everyone! thanks again! and be sure to REC in the exchange! :D
  • Options
    PeriwinkleKittyPeriwinkleKitty Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Hey! I downloaded the Beta version of this and it looks great! And I was very excited to see that when I save I don't get the error code 12 message anymore! This is my dream city, well, second dream city haha, so thanks sooo much for putting all your hard work into it, it really shows! :D:D:D
  • Options
    Bonzo7960Bonzo7960 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Been playing this for a couple of sim weeks, its great,but there are a few things you need to look at. Sims were getting stuck behind the hedge at the metro station by the overpass and marina, I just filled that area with a few trees and havent seen one stuck there since. Sims were also getting stuck in the building behind the diner. The wall you put up to block the back door was not working, they went thru it. I added a door in the back wall so they could leave the building. Havent seen any problems there since. The large lot, think it was a hotel or something like that, has a pool with some lounge chairs, some angled. Sims were getting stuck between the chairs. Just deleted a few of them, Dont need that many anyway. that fixed that spot. After those three fixes, freezes and lag were pretty much gone. One other thing, the main movie studio has some routing problems. Doesnt seem to be causing a problem but looks pretty funny to see sims running thru the hedges and the concrete walls just below that.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the feedback Bonzo! I will fix those issues in the next update! :D

The world is playable though right? Like it doesnt prevent you from continuing?
  • Options
    Bonzo7960Bonzo7960 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2011
    It was playing well until I found a couple of sims under water by the pier (same place I saw one earlier). Couldnt get their names to reset them so tried resetsim *. I do not recommend this, made the whole world unplayable with long freezes. Will be starting over soon.
  • Options
    undamaged77undamaged77 Posts: 677 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Does this require Late Night? I really like this town and I would like to download it, but I don't have Late Night installed anymore..
  • Options
    mle4evermle4ever Posts: 8,784
    edited June 2011
    *mouth dropped open* That is super amazing. It's perfect! I'm wondering though...errr...how big is the file?
  • Options
    blackberry_dogblackberry_dog Posts: 73 New Member
    edited August 2011
    hey i just had a question. Those apartments that you put...there is nobody living there..is that supposed to be like that? Cuz i would have enjoyed sims living next door in the row houses. Please reply :)
  • Options
    jaylensimsjaylensims Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 I LOVE THIS I GAVE LINK TO ALL MY FRIENDS THEY LIKED IT AND THEY DOWNLOADED IT :) I NORMALLY DONT TAKE TIME TO EVEN LIKE COMMENT ON STUFF BUT THIS WAS SO GREAT THAT I TOOK TIME AND LOL IM LATE CAUSE IT 2011 BUT I STILL LUV THIS :)
  • Options
    juban10juban10 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited March 2012
    it‘s a very beautiful city~ i love it ! thanks!!

i have built a Los Angeles downtown by using The sims 3 ,too. you may like to see

64713440201203121526411715847108369_021.jpg

64713440201203121526411715847108369_090.jpg

album_details_text.php?_admin_login&item_id=150658571&sort_num=4
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited April 2012
    I just want to applaud you on this world. I've been following this thread from the beginning and you've really done a SUPERB job and you should really, really be proud of what you've made!
  • Options
    FTSKlverFTSKlver Posts: 175
    edited July 2012
    Oh my god, this is freaking AMAZING! You did an absolutely amazing job! I just have a question, do the houses have residents in them, or will I have to make them?c:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top