Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Angeles BETA RELEASED!!!

Comments

• Options
    Minimelo649Minimelo649 Posts: 373 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, no update today! though i did work on it! I just revised some things, and planned out a new section! and completly finished Buymore/orange orange/ castle! woot!

I do have a question/request though! I need a floor tile with a star on it! Just ONE big star that takes up ONE floor square! If anyone has one/knows of one/ can make me one! I would GREATLY appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sooooo.... what do you guys think?
  • Options
    aanerezzaanerezz Posts: 64 New Member
    edited January 2010
    love it but do you need WA to play?
    and also, is it a "never ending" world like sunset valley, or is it an island type of thing?

great work though :D
  • Options
    Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited January 2010
    i love it and i looooooove the rowhouse idea, it'll feel like we have apartments again,haha. this is way cool. cheers
  • Options
    slickviewzslickviewz Posts: 10 New Member
    edited January 2010
    This is cool is it ready yet?
  • Options
    stylus325stylus325 Posts: 958 New Member
    edited January 2010
    love it!
  • Options
    Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Sorry, no update today! though i did work on it! I just revised some things, and planned out a new section! and completly finished Buymore/orange orange/ castle! woot!

I do have a question/request though! I need a floor tile with a star on it! Just ONE big star that takes up ONE floor square! If anyone has one/knows of one/ can make me one! I would GREATLY appreciate it!

i don't know if youve dug through the exchange yet but i found these 2 star patters, don't know how they look on a tile in game but you can see if theyll work for you, i know they aren't like the walk of fame stars but thats the only 2 full stars up there
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=680810
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1212263
    good luck!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    aanerezz wrote:
    love it but do you need WA to play?
    and also, is it a "never ending" world like sunset valley, or is it an island type of thing?

great work though :D

Yes, i used distant terrain! no island here!

i don't know if youve dug through the exchange yet but i found these 2 star patters, don't know how they look on a tile in game but you can see if theyll work for you, i know they aren't like the walk of fame stars but thats the only 2 full stars up there
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=680810
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1212263
    good luck!

Thanks these look really promising! I dont need it to be an exact replica of the star, just a star in general to get the point across... thanks again!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I know all of you are probably wondering if im alive or not lmao! (actually none of you probably care! lmao)

I just wanted to say i AM still working on the project, its just ive been busy helping my cousin get ready lately... (she is currently at the hospital giving birth to twin girls right now) so I plan on working on it right now! as I have some free time...

I do have another question though,

If i take a CAW world, and import it into the actual game, and work on lots in there, will i be able to put it back into CAW to add more lots and stuff or move things around later... just wondering?
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited February 2010
    As long as you have the original CAW files you should be able to do that.

Loving the town!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As long as you have the original CAW files you should be able to do that.

Loving the town!

all the changes that I did after I imported it will show up back in create a world? How do I go about doing this?
  • Options
    AlisoxAlisox Posts: 1,640 Member
    edited February 2010
    Loving it! Are you planning on uploading any of the lots to the exchange? I'd love to put some in my own world.

Also, I don't think importing it and then trying to work on it again will work. Why not use the edit in game feature?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alisox wrote:
    Loving it! Are you planning on uploading any of the lots to the exchange? I'd love to put some in my own world.

Sure! Which ones do you want me to put up?
    Also, I don't think importing it and then trying to work on it again will work. Why not use the edit in game feature?

I have been using the in game edit, but it takes forever to load, and ive used store items in the world (Free ones of course) so i dont want to do that thing that deletes them to mkae it load faster. plus its really slow and laggy trying to build a massive city in edit game! I figured it would be better importing working on it, then going back and finetuning...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SO? What do you guys think?

Not as much as I would have liked... but like I said I was busy! lol!

Enjoy!
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited February 2010
    I love the new pics!
  • Options
    RetroFlowerRetroFlower Posts: 28 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Loving how this looks, will be keeping an eye on it. :)
  • Options
    meli36meli36 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Amazing work! :thumbup: I am looking forward to see it in my game :D
  • Options
    Jwhin713Jwhin713 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Very impressive! Where did you get the water terrain for under your docks?

I had an idea for something similar:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=164002

Looking forward to seeing more.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks everyone!
    Very impressive! Where did you get the water terrain for under your docks?

I had an idea for something similar:

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=164002

Looking forward to seeing more.

This looks really great!

I wish there was a way I could add more personality to the docks in Marina Del Rey... anyone know a way to get the boats to stop moving and ust stay still?
  • Options
    don151516don151516 Posts: 761 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I want to give you a huuuge THANKS. I have been wanting a los angeles town ever since CAW was released by I am just not gifted with CAW. I cannot wait to play on this world!!!! I love LA. Thanks a mill. When do u think it will be ready for download?
  • Options
    darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited February 2010
    will def download
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I AM SOOOOO sorry about the lack of updates you guys! things have been a lil rough lately so i havent been working on it as much as I would have liked... I Promise i am still alive with the project and hopefully ill have an update for you tomorow!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SOOOOOO???? Opinions on update 5..... NAPA!!!
  • Options
    ChriscmmChriscmm Posts: 106
    edited February 2010
    WOW, I am absolutely breathless! The piers are freaking gorgeous and I love the vineyard! I am highly anticipating the release of the world. Great job so far!
  • Options
    LeeS09LeeS09 Posts: 36
    edited February 2010
    Supergreat cant wait

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top