Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Los Angeles BETA RELEASED!!!

Comments

• Options
    2329s2329s Posts: 60
    edited March 2010
    this is the best world creation ive seen yet, you should upload it to the site and modthesims site so that everyone can enjoy it, but yeah this world is beautiful and very inspiring must have took ages :)
  • Options
    2329s2329s Posts: 60
    edited March 2010
    also i forgot to say, have you tried the overpass in game to see if it works because i think i read somewhere that it makes cars fly lol
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited March 2010
    This world looks amazing. Can hardly wait to try it out. I agree with everyone else in that this is the best world i've seen so far.

I have a question though. Will there be standard lots sizes such as you would find in Sunset Valley, like 20x30, 30x30, 40x30, 40x40, 60x60? I ask because although it seems you are filling the world with homes of your choosing which look pretty good from the picks, some people might have favorite houses they want to add to the game.

And speaking for myself, I have lots of favorite houses I wouldnt want to part with in any world, but they are standard sizes and I've found many of the new worlds are being made with custom size lots which doesn't make alot of sense to me, especially when you consider most of the thousands upon thousands of houses available for download are standard sizes.

Also, if you have a favorite world but need to change things after awhile, and are not architecturally inclined, but would rather download a bunch of houses and install them, its pretty difficult when you run into alot of custom sizes.

Thanks for listening. :)

And thanks for this great work of art in progress, i'm really looking forward to it.
  • Options
    Minimelo649Minimelo649 Posts: 373 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Diskette66 wrote:
    Well, I will be honest and tell you I looked in on this thread when you first started it and wasn't overly thrilled about it as I thought it would be only a crowded city type of world with only tall buildings.

Today I looked again and I am glad I did - this is coming along very nicely and it not at all what I initially thought it to be. It really looks great - and very unique. I definitely will be trying this world when you are all finished.

The Santa Monica Pier, in particular, looks great! I also liked Marina Del Ray and Napa Valley. Personally, I think your bridge/overpass looks wonderful! I do hope it works for cars to be able to pass above and under though. Your latest overheads of the map look awesome. I really like worlds that have their own individual personality and yours most certainly does.

If I had anything at all that I'm not crazy about, it's those green bed frames in the hotel! LOL but I guess I could change them myself in game.

Otherwise, great job and definitely looking forward to the finished product.

Haha! no worries! i can understand. If you look at the first overhead and the latest overhead, its like a complete transformation! im glad that you like it now!

And with the green beds, those are from the "Chuck" section of my world, (which has tooken a major backseat! lol) If you have ever seen the show, then you would know that Sarah, one of thecharacters, lives in the hotel, and thats what her room looks like! The hotel is the Viceroy in Santa Monica, and the room was designed by a women whos name escapes me at the moment! lol, but like you said, you can easily change that!
    Will Sims be living in the world when it is done?

I would like to add sims to the world! Give that extra kick of personality and charisma, but im not do familiar with the approach to do this. From what I understand, you CANT add sims to the neighborhood, then release it? So I would have to create the sims, put the on the exchange, then have you all download them... is that correct?
    also i forgot to say, have you tried the overpass in game to see if it works because i think i read somewhere that it makes cars fly lol

I actually havent tried it yet, so im keeping my fingers crossed tha it does! haha! the overpass has really started to grow on me, and id be sad to see it go! lmao!
    This world looks amazing. Can hardly wait to try it out. I agree with everyone else in that this is the best world i've seen so far.

I have a question though. Will there be standard lots sizes such as you would find in Sunset Valley, like 20x30, 30x30, 40x30, 40x40, 60x60? I ask because although it seems you are filling the world with homes of your choosing which look pretty good from the picks, some people might have favorite houses they want to add to the game.

And speaking for myself, I have lots of favorite houses I wouldnt want to part with in any world, but they are standard sizes and I've found many of the new worlds are being made with custom size lots which doesn't make alot of sense to me, especially when you consider most of the thousands upon thousands of houses available for download are standard sizes.

Also, if you have a favorite world but need to change things after awhile, and are not architecturally inclined, but would rather download a bunch of houses and install them, its pretty difficult when you run into alot of custom sizes.

Thanks for listening.

And thanks for this great work of art in progress, i'm really looking forward to it.

At first, i didnt realize what i was doing and added any size lot, but then it hit me, and I started using only lots in increments of five!

I build houses of my own, on the odd lots, so the random spewing of empty lots will be good ones! lol! I hope thats ok?
  • Options
    Ilovekiss92Ilovekiss92 Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2010
    I love it!!

Any chance of a Sunset Strip and Laurel Canyon? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    lemonzonelemonzone Posts: 646
    edited March 2010
    WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's sooooooooo awesome! I could never do that. Like I'm too stupid to do anything like that. well i'm actually mentally gifted but like idk how cuz i'm so stupid. oh and please check out my biggest sims lol ever forum topic.
  • Options
    SuniroseSunirose Posts: 460 Member
    edited March 2010
    At first, i didnt realize what i was doing and added any size lot, but then it hit me, and I started using only lots in increments of five!

I build houses of my own, on the odd lots, so the random spewing of empty lots will be good ones! lol! I hope thats ok?

Sounds good to me and thanks for thinking of that! :)

Oh and Napa Valley just majorly increased the value of this world as the One World to Rule them All! At least it looks that way lol. Guess I need to actually play it first. :)
  • Options
    SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Do you want your world to be famous? I am considering using your LA world when it comes out for some sims 3 films for youtube. I already have a series planned and the first episode will be in Egypt (figures because I don't have a suitable urban style world at my disposal yet). If you want I can even put your sims 3.com username in the credits such as a "with special thanks to" deal, for making this world that will help with my films. This LA place is perfect for what I am looking forward to in the sims 3 machinima business.
  • Options
    syrax2580syrax2580 Posts: 262
    edited March 2010
    hi Minimelo649

1stly .. your world is amazing .. i would like to know when it will be ready for download , ive been waiting for a world like this for ages lol ...

2ndly about the adding sims thing .. an easier way to do it is create all the famiys , move them into lots then save your game and upload the save file ..

hope this helps .

keep going dude , it truly is awesome !

ps love sarahs hotel room !
  • Options
    Amelia097Amelia097 Posts: 183
    edited March 2010
    This looks amzing, I can't wait to download it. If I could, I'd recommend it LOADS. It is seriously amazing. I love everything about it. I want it NOW :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    OKAY! Questions, comments, concerns on the mini update??
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited March 2010
    It's looking great, love the latest pics you added
  • Options
    Simmerd80Simmerd80 Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited March 2010
    Your making me excited. I hope this world works ok. I really want it!
  • Options
    syrax2580syrax2580 Posts: 262
    edited March 2010
    the basketball hoops are awesome . you so creative haha , but like everyone else says ... ITS AMAZING :)
  • Options
    don151516don151516 Posts: 761 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I'm getting more and more excited with each of your posts!!! keep updating and good job! i wish i had at least half of the talent you do!
  • Options
    bjjrockstarbjjrockstar Posts: 589
    edited March 2010
    Wow I can't wait to this to come out. By the way, I from a world judging group and wording, can I write a report about it when it comes out?
  • Options
    Panther00567Panther00567 Posts: 2,704 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Holy crud... that beach is amazing. I love all the vendors and stuff :)
  • Options
    kittyandjamkittyandjam Posts: 74 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Would you mind making a base game friendly version when you're done?
  • Options
    SammidysamSammidysam Posts: 133
    edited March 2010
    Wait, will you need High End Loft Stuff for this?
  • Options
    roxydaisy001roxydaisy001 Posts: 483 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Your city is truly incredible! keep up the hard work!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Wow I can't wait to this to come out. By the way, I from a world judging group and wording, can I write a report about it when it comes out?

Absolutely! Not a problem! :D
    Would you mind making a base game friendly version when you're done?

I could try... It might not look the same though! lol

Wait, will you need High End Loft Stuff for this?

Nope! I dont own HELS so you wont need it!

And thanks everyone else for you wonderful comments! I plan on working on it today! but have to work 11 to 5 so before and after that! lmao!

• Options
    edited March 2010
    I was feeling generous, so i posted a Bonus image on the first post! What do you guys think?
  • Options
    siimoneeeesiimoneeee Posts: 33
    edited March 2010
    im thiking... AWSOMEE!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh btw! I just wanted to let everyone know that you should just ignore the big ugly, odd shaped patch of nothing in the downtown bonus pic, thats the town hall!

I was disgusted with the unatural size of the Sunset Valley town hall, and so I used riverview instead! lol thanks!
  • Options
    MrOhioMrOhio Posts: 123 New Member
    edited March 2010
    OH MY GOD THIS IS SO AWESOME!

I love the movie-themed lots and the fact that this is a nice variation from the usual islands and sunset valley remakes.

BTW: How close are you being done with this? I can't wait to download it! :mrgreen:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top