Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond

Comments

• Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited December 2009
    :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Yay! Yay! Just a quick note to say, my master pieces have finally uploaded in their perfect state!! It was not the hair, but a silly pair of pants...Jeeeez, I know they weren't quite today's fashion statement but they were really retro :lol: I changed the pants and the two versions uploaded in no time!!
    ya
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1770818

adult
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1770847
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    :? :roll: Sorry double post... am also having internet connection issues tonight!!
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited December 2009
    Oh my goodness! I have no idea what a facet joint is but that sounds very painful. I hope everything healed to the best of it's ability and I hope your hubby gets a good paying job.

12 to 16 hours?!!?!? I would love to be able to play that much. I'm mostly on the forums that long a day XD

Have you thought of working online or maybe your own business?

A facet joint are the little bone fragments that run along the edge of your spine and are what allow you to be able to twist and turn from side to side.

I have considered working online a few times, but health issues seem to get in the way a lot.

Those are what make us turn? Lol I didn't know that. But that is absolutely terrible! So can you not turn? So sorry about the health issues interfering with online work...
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    FourteenFourteen Posts: 257 Member
    edited December 2009
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=149651

I consider to improve my old house better, but I want your opinion on this before I can re-design it. I'll be definitely happy if your suggestion is useful and helpful. I welcome to all critiques, so I could be improved builder better. =) I really enjoy to build nearly anything. Okay, I'll create a thread soon so I won't have to search to find my post here since this thread has a lot of posts. Heh. ^^;

- Fourteen
    Playing TS3 since June 2009.
    TS4 since February 2015.

My Wishlist
    * 5 Top Items
    * 14's Thank You Thread
    NOTE: I have trouble with receiving gifts from people. Please visit a single item instead of my wishlist. Thank you!
  • Options
    SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi all, been trying to catch up on the posts, busy lot aren't you?

Simstweek! That looks so exciting! I have wondered if some of you clever lot would use CAW. and it looks as if you have! I like lots of beach too so I would be happy playing in the sand there!

Wkd I thought you had been a bit quiet and now I know why, I am so sorry for your family and your Dad, it must be the scariest thing for all concerned. It sounds as though time is helping him tho.

WolfSpryte, your house is so pretty, and I can tell you love landscaping it looks like a much loved garden.

Nam, thanks for the list of tutorials re tombs, at the moment I have no intention of going there, cfe still can leave me baffled, I have bulldozed so many attempts in a fit of pique. Very satisfying! I did finally get there and then didn't like the house. No matter. Anyway if Darkside still hasn't got the hang of traps and things, I don't stand a chance!

Judyw, that adult piccy of John Lennon is uncanny. You have caught his look, clever girl.

I remember years ago playing SimCity, haven't things grown? When I started this game was back in June I was fascinated by the familys, and absolutely devasted when my first simdaddy died. I stopped playing for a whole hour. Then later on, I saw a house on the exchange, off a forum called Ripmylot, and Peacemaker had done a Virginian cottage and I was most impressed and began to realise that Sims homes did not have to be decorated in brown. Then I thought I would build a house, addiction born.

I can't wait for this new world Simstweek, hurry!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Oops double post! Does anyone else do this? When I start to build I put a white tile in each corner of the site, it helps me to balance where I am going to build.

• Options
    wolfsprytewolfspryte Posts: 187 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Hey all, Thanks!
    Bre.. I don't know how to do a picture in a picture...:(
    SmokyT... thank you!
    Darkside, I'll go with #1 then {the second set of pics} Thank you
    Judy... WOW!! That's all.. just WOW! :)
    bergcrys... I'm liking that zen garden! Very spartan... but it needs something with the rocks... and some strategically placed bamboo perhaps?
    Second pic with the hill and pond.. lovely! Try hitting a bit with soften terrain on the "edgy" bits, and some terrain paint on the "rock" bits. Also, perhaps try to use MOO and alt to "push" the rocks into the ground to make a more "natural" look.
    All in all... great job!! You SHOULD be excited!! ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Okay, I changed my cover pic and the other pics for the upload. Everything is great until I try to upload it here. I received the red ring of death message
    "Upload Failed: Network Error. Please try again".
    I tried again, and again... still the same!! That's why most of my lots are uploaded to TSR. I can NOT get the launcher to upload my lots! Any suggestions? Lot file size is 33 mb. Not sure why it's soooo big.. all my other lots are around 10mb..??
    I'm going to try stripping all custom content out... see if that helps.
  • Options
    simtweeksimtweek Posts: 267 Member
    edited December 2009
    spryte - I'm not sure which pic to pick...hehe...I agree with Bre and her comments on it. I would like to say 4 but it's just a little too far away. Ok so with your new pics...yeah that's how behind I was...I like 1 and 5.

Lil- I don't think that 12 to 16 hours a day of simming is a lot...I'm right around there with you. :)

bergcrys - The pond with the rocks looks great.

Judy - The world I built isn't all beach...there is a mountain section for you and Dark. :) Your sims are just WOW! Gave both John's a rec.

Fourteen - Welcome and I hope you continue to post here with us. If you change the cover pic of your lot it could help you with the amount of downloads you get. Check out the first page of this thread, second post, Magician has a section there on changing the cover picture. I gave your lot and story a rec.

Well...I have run into a huge issue. I have the world all ready to put up on the exchange but I keep getting an error that it already exists. I see that spryte is also having uploading issues. If this continues to happen I guess I will have to put it on 4Shared so everybody can get it. The only thing is I'll be so upset because I was looking forward to the downloads and rec's and another shot at hopefully, finally becoming a featured member. I am also worried that somebody else would be able to upload it and take it all from me after I have put over 80+ hours into it. I'm going to continue to try to upload over the next few days but I have a question first...spryte...how do you upload to TSR?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Simstweek, I went to the exchange, went to 'worlds', and nothing is there except an EA oops message, so I guess its their error. How very disappointing! Mind you all the forums, exchanges and store things are being very intermittant and have been for a couple of weeks. Maybe when the holidays are over they will sort out the errors. Its a very big game with lots of room for small mistakes which have a richochet effect. I know I had to upgrade my graphics card, increase my memory and generally spend a lot of cash just to start this game. Cross fingers it works now. I know everyone says it is cc content, I am sure it isn't, it is base errors in programming.

Off my soapbox now.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Ahh Smoky...I had to check the exchange under worlds and guess what...oops page. Didn't get that page earlier today when I was looking. Guess I just have to wait it out. Here's another crazy thing...my launcher is in a different language all of a sudden. :shock:
  • Options
    craigst39craigst39 Posts: 434 Member
    edited December 2009
    I have a question. Do i need CAW installed to even download any worlds? and simtweek i cant wait to download it it is absolutely beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Simtweek, there have been a lot of wierd things with the worlds on the exchange... Like last night I went to look and for some reason, the worlds I had seen there previously were gone? I thought that was strange because the one I was looking for actually had quite a few downloads? It was called Artic Circle?

I did see that you left quite a bit of mountain space for me and darkside! :mrgreen::mrgreen: I have a question as far as the caw. Is there an easy way to edit the town if you just want to say, go in and change decorations such as ummm uhhh errr :lol: the palm trees???

To everyone who has appreciated my sim creating, thank you so much! I enjoy doing it almost as much as building the houses and it does take a lot of time to get the details right. I do feel bad in a way about having to use cc on them but unfortunately, there is just no way to get a highly detailed realistic sim without it, especially the hair!!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    craig - I don't think you need CAW installed to dl worlds.

EDIT: Judy - I'll have to check into the question you asked about removing the palm trees. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    simtweek, I'm just asking that as a general question- I haven't done much with caw and thought there was a way to edit in game but haven't figured it out yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Judy - I think there is. I remember Magician saying something about it while he was editing something for T4T. I'll have to ask him how he did it.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    simtweek.. if you are member at TSR, there is an area right at the top, under your name. It has a paint bucket next to it and it's called "creative corner"... just hit the "submit Sims 3" button. It will take you to the submissions page. I truly do not know if they're accepting "worlds" or not! Best guess.. try and see! lol
    I can not wait to play in your world! OMG the ideas are just simply flowing thru my mind right now! Thank you!

OKAY ALL... I have cut down the lot file size to 14mb. That's as far as I can cut! And, I still can not upload here! SO, I submitted to TSR. If any of you are not members/subscribers, and would like the lot, let me know how to do this fileshare thingy and I will gladly upload there for you! *I truly don't care about rec/dl thingys! I just would love to share!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    :mrgreen: Spryte, I'll probably get your lot from tsr later tonight!! I have me a plan for it in my town!! I am also debating on figuring out how to get some of my creations uploaded to tsr's site... most of my cc items are from them anyway! Except for the hair :?

• Options
    edited December 2009
    sprtye - I am a member at TSR. I checked out the creative corner over there. I don't think they do take worlds right now but I'll have to look a little closer. *BTW...I am sooo obsessed with rec's and dl's... :)*

EDIT: Just wanted to give and example of my obsession; Modern Tri-Level Home has a little over 1200 dl's and 39 rec's and I have to check it every day to see if it has gone up...yeah...I know...crazy :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Judy... my lot will not be available tonight! LOL still waiting for approval! Check out my other lots there if you'd like. ;)

Simtweek.. gigglin' over here! I'm not obsessed with d/l or rec count.. my obsession is darker... I'm a download JUNKIE! Especially from TSR... they've got the most talented group of creators there... MTS has em too! It's terrible tho.. I've just re-installed my games, and already have hit the 2 GIGS in downloads! YEESSH!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    yeesh.. a double post!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    :shock: :mrgreen: I would probably faint if I went to my studio and found that many downloads or recs on anything of mine!! Hahahahaha I get excited if something gets close to 500 dls! But, you are a great builder tweek and all of those recs are well earned and deserved!!

for myself, I am questioning how some of the sims I've seen posted on the exchange turn out so great? I look at the pics of them and can not imagine that they would look anything close to that in game. :? And, if they do, where are they getting the cc items to create them that good? :roll: I want to know!!! :x sorry... just my little vent for the day and totally ot for this thread, I know. It's just frustrating to see them and wonder how they did it... I am going to find one, download it and see what I really get!! Uggggh at least, I think mine are relatively close to what will show up in anyone's game. :roll: :?
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited December 2009
    I did some more tweaking and am playing more with terrain paint. Tell me what you guys think. Again I am far from finished but I want to get feedback as I go along to save work in the end of redoing when it's completed.

newlandagain1.jpg

newlandagain2.jpg

newlandagain3.jpg

newlandagain4.jpg

newlandagain5.jpg

newlandagain6.jpg

newlandagain7.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    spryte - hehehe...I'm a cc junkie! My cc addiction started over at Sims Art Gallery and moved to MTS...gotta have the no choke mod...that use to drive me nuts! heheh

Judy - I checked your studio...your numbers are just as good as mine...you're a good builder too ya know...we can't all be a Jasonmazda...did you see his "sleek and stylish" lot...32217 dl's and 953 rec's. Now that's some dl's. :)

bergcry - I have to tell you...you are doing a great job!
  • Options
    bergcrysbergcrys Posts: 659
    edited December 2009
    thanks so much simtweek. I'm trying really hard to take my time and be concious of everything when normally I'd try to hurry through. I'm really proud of the results so far. I think I'm doing fairly good with sticking to a modern asian-like theme that I went with for the interior.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top