Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs and Secrets

Comments

• Options
    DevCreatorDevCreator Posts: 185 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Alyssizzle wrote:
    Hey wait a minute?!

Where are the Lotharios and the Brokes?

I've seen the Langerak's and the Goth's....I miss Brandi and Don Lothario. LOL
    They are in Riverview
  • Options
    dancrday14dancrday14 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    what is the catacomb? and the mine? and the cave?? i feel like an idiot not knowing :?:
  • Options
    DevCreatorDevCreator Posts: 185 New Member
    edited July 2009
    dancrday14 wrote:
    what is the catacomb? and the mine? and the cave?? i feel like an idiot not knowing :?:
    It is like a underground tomb w/ tunnels
  • Options
    NowherrmannNowherrmann Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2009
    One of the space rocks I analyzed was called Unusual Sporecite. 8)

My sim is a computer whiz and a genius and gets a TON of money from hacking.
  • Options
    dancrday14dancrday14 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    DevCreator wrote:
    dancrday14 wrote:
    thanks! now i want to go there,but where is it? i found the mine but not the cave or catacomb
  • Options
    HANANA19HANANA19 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The catacombs are in the mauseleum which is in the cemetary...its the large building in the middle of it.
  • Options
    LouweyMLouweyM Posts: 53 Member
    edited July 2009
    dancrday14 wrote:
    DevCreator wrote:
    dancrday14 wrote:
    thanks! now i want to go there,but where is it? i found the mine but not the cave or catacomb

The Catacombe is the little building in the grave yard.

The mine and the cave are one in the same place. If you press 'M'
    it can be found in the hills on the edge of the map at the top. You can't go in, you only see the entrance... ;)

• Options
    rodier1128rodier1128 Posts: 903 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    Seems like we've found the same stuff! :lol:
    I haven't much other than that.

I think it's odd though, that you need apples to make pancakes.

my sim made life-fruit pancakes!
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Wrenry wrote:
    Insane Sims can fish in swimming pools.

lmao! That's what I call a discovery. How do you guys find out these things?
  • Options
    simonforeversimonforever Posts: 273 New Member
    edited July 2009
    xMaexx wrote:
    Has anyone seen his ghost yet?

I've seen a few several times. Have a sim die on your lot, and leave them on the lot. They'll haunt frequently. If you move them to the cemetary, the lazy ******** will get up of their graves less frequently.
  • Options
    Shadow20Shadow20 Posts: 103 New Member
    edited July 2009
    There is also a magic gnome that appears somewhere, he's like the normal ones but he moves at night. lol

My sim found one while exploring the catacombs.
  • Options
    LuciaMLuciaM Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    My Sims are living in a house with a really annoying ghost...Sims didn't even ask me if I wanted to accept the ghost challenge because I was moving a house into an empty lot, not just moving into a house. How do I get the ghost out? It's creeping my Sims out (and me!)
  • Options
    dew0330dew0330 Posts: 394 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Alot of ppl know but eating watermelon while pregnant gets a girl and apples get a boy.

(Only read OP's post, dont know what others posted before me)
  • Options
    muckaluckmuckaluck Posts: 151 New Member
    edited July 2009
    OK this is an extremely random cultural reference but....

At the back of the Sunset Valley graveyard the Landgrabs are buried in a semi-circle and one of the Landgrabs is named Queenie. This is in reference to the Segwicks (as in Edie Segwick who was a Andy Worhal model in the 1960's as well as Kira Segwick the actress who is married to Kevin Bacon).

Evidently in the Segwick family cemetary all the graves are set into the ground in a circle and Queenie was the name of the beloved housekeeper that worked for the orginial founding Segwick in the 18th century and buried alongside the rest of the Segwick decendents.

What suprises the most is the fact that I actually know this.

• Options
    Jess3010Jess3010 Posts: 26 New Member
    edited July 2009
    MoreOrLess wrote:
    Share the little awsome things you've found!

Mine:
    -There's a book called 'Murder in Pleasantview" by Alexander Goth
    -There's a kids book called 'Where's Bella?'
    -There a park that doesn't show up on the map. It has stone hedges and is located up top. There's tons of exotic butterflies there.
    -There's a mine. In somewhere between Stoney Falls and Pinochle (?) Park. There you can find tons of rocks and in the mine, there's a pair of yellow eyes watching you. Creepy.
    -There're beetles to collect
    -And, obviously, there's the Goths, Langeraks, Landgrabbs, Brokes, Lothario, and Bachlors
    --b]EDIT[/b The TV channels are all made using TS2, it feels like deja-vu watching them :(:D

Add stuff.

Yeah, I noticed all that (appart from the yellow eys.... *shudders*).
    Has anyone else noticed the kooky-looking Stonehendge-ish places? You can catch exotic butterflys there. And you sometimes find rare stones there, too. There's one in Sunset Valley, and one in Riverview. Not telling you where they are, though.
  • Options
    kaci19kaci19 Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    i have also found the newbies in riverview
  • Options
    christinaforeverchristinaforever Posts: 899 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lawertend wrote:
    wow! You've found out so many things. Can you go to places if there not on the map?

Yup, in Riverview, the Stonehenge, and the Abandoned Mine are places you can go, but they aren't on the map.
    where is Stonehenge?
  • Options
    jmattbaconjmattbacon Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Where does it say the Author is Alexander Goth?

And yes, I liked the returning families. However, I'm very upset that Maxis left out the Dreamers, Burb's, and Pleasant's. :x

There is a refernece to the dreamers when you read the info about a painting (can't remeber which one) but it has a quote from a man called D. Dreamer... Darren Dreamer?
  • Options
    jmattbaconjmattbacon Posts: 9 New Member
    edited July 2009
    In the graveyard, when you come in the entrance from the road, on the immediate right there is a large tombstone with walls around it that reads 'Homosexual lord (except the other word, when I tried to put it up it just comes up with asterisks) Koffi'. I can't believe the producers put this in! Check it out for yourself, it really is there!
  • Options
    LolsiclesLolsicles Posts: 119 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hmm, what Easter Eggs did I find...

- My child sim had a Good Sense of Humor trait, and she was able to fish in pools. So did my childish sim, so maybe it's just because my sim was a child?

- Ghosts drive lemon cars.

- There's another Koffi in Sunset Valley, found in the cemetary. I don't know how the ghost is related to Gobias, but his name's G aylord Koffi. Everyone's saying how Gobias is similar to a character from Arrested Development, so does this Koffi relate to the show too?

- It's hard to befriend multiple ghosts, because as soon as you befriend one, if you socialize with another one, then the ghost you've befriended earlier disappears from your relationships panel. I don't know if this happened to anyone else, but I want to befriend Vincent Skullfinder and Tragic Clown at the same time, darnit.

- I was snooping around the neighborhood, and found a grave in the Goth Mansion named 'Lolita Goth'. Probably as in Gothic Lolita?

Wow, I never knew how obsessed I was with the ghosts ingame 8D.
  • Options
    Color_My_RainbowColor_My_Rainbow Posts: 76 New Member
    edited July 2009
    LadyRoxy wrote:
    Its says the recipe for pancakes needs an apple but... you can have any fruit flaver pancake as long as you have the fruit you want them to be in the cooks inventory. If all your fruits are in the fridge.. then I think it just randomly picks one for you.
    So just put some grapes in your cooks inventory and you'll come out with Grapes Pancakes (which is a typo if you ask me it should be Grape Pancakes).

**edit
    I forgot to mention that your sims can now watch TV in bed. its so cool... cuz I was playing a father and daughter in riverview and the dad is a technophobe and hates when the TV is on in the livingroom so I moved it to the daughter's bedroom and told her to watch TV and she laid down in bed and watched it. I think that is brilliant lol. and then I told her to go to sleep and she didn't get outta bed she just turned off the tv and pulled the covers up over her. haha

Uh, I don't mean to burst your bubble here. But uh, they could watch TV in bed in TS2 as well. :P Haha.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2009
    I had a laugh when I saw the book titled Exit at Powell. EA in headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA which is in the San Francisco Bay Area. If you were gonna go into SF as a tourist, you would take BART into the city and exit at Powell to catch the cable car. Just seems like an Easter Egg to me. There are few more San Francisco references in the naming of things, but I can't think of them right now. :)
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KaenKaen Posts: 37 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Lolsicles wrote:
    - There's another Koffi in Sunset Valley, found in the cemetary. I don't know how the ghost is related to Gobias, but his name's G aylord Koffi. Everyone's saying how Gobias is similar to a character from Arrested Development, so does this Koffi relate to the show too?

The Gobias Koffi reference is from the episode where Gob and Tobias are challenged by Michael to come up with their own business plan to get money rather than continually asking Michael for it. They come up with the idea to open a coffee shop under the company name "Gobias industries, as in Gobias [Go buy us] some coffee". So, Gobias Koffi is Go Buy Us Some Coffee.
  • Options
    iDiruiDiru Posts: 2,061 New Member
    edited July 2009
    In the fishtank for the Red Halibut(sp?) has a little stone thing in it that says EA.
  • Options
    LolsiclesLolsicles Posts: 119 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks Kaen for the info!

But I found another Easter Egg, and I didn't see it already said yet, so...:
    - The autobiography book Pointfarmer: Grant Rodiek is the name of the guy in one Sims 3 video, the one who made Liam, Piper, and Kim. But what's already been said is that it's an autobiography, but the author is I think Alexander Goth.