Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs and Secrets

1232425262729...Next

Comments

• Options
    rosieandjacyntarosieandjacynta Posts: 15
    edited January 2013
    Mallie1998 wrote:
    Yall r boring. Lamo . like ***.

lmao, at least we're not the ones spending our free time going to EVERY thread on the sims 3 website and posting stupid comments.
  • Options
    KingismyhorseKingismyhorse Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    I'm sorry if someone mentioned this before, but "The Portrait of Miranda Glauer" changes from day to night!
    Day:
    Screenshot-491_zps1c658d89-1_zpsfc3a90bd.jpg
    Night:
    Screenshot-492_zps3d854528-1_zpse6944d52.jpg
    (Sorry, I had to lighten the image so it was more visible. The sims weren't in that part of the house when I took the picture.)
  • Options
    MegancharltonMegancharlton Posts: 3,731 New Member
    edited January 2013
    You can get mauled by a bear exploring the catacombs.
  • Options
    Mo0se990Mo0se990 Posts: 140 Member
    edited January 2013
    I'm sorry if someone mentioned this before, but "The Portrait of Miranda Glauer" changes from day to night!
    Day:
    Screenshot-491_zps1c658d89-1_zpsfc3a90bd.jpg
    Night:
    Screenshot-492_zps3d854528-1_zpse6944d52.jpg
    (Sorry, I had to lighten the image so it was more visible. The sims weren't in that part of the house when I took the picture.)

Yeah there is a whole tonne of portaits that do that with supernatural, if you look at them under a 'paintings' category, they have a purple border around them signifying they are magic ones
  • Options
    ChocChip268ChocChip268 Posts: 2
    edited February 2013
    jmattbacon wrote:
    In the graveyard, when you come in the entrance from the road, on the immediate right there is a large tombstone with walls around it that reads 'Homosexual lord (except the other word, when I tried to put it up it just comes up with asterisks) Koffi'. I can't believe the producers put this in! Check it out for yourself, it really is there!

What town is it in?
  • Options
    Rissa1482Rissa1482 Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    There is also a magic gnome that appears somewhere, he's like the normal ones but he moves at night. lol

I have to say that is extremely creepy.
    :shock:

Especially when he calls about 70 of his buddies and they're hustling around your yard randomly. You can sell them for 1000 + simoleons a pop too which is pretty sweet :mrgreen:
  • Options
    helnbirdhelnbird Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    jmattbacon wrote:
    In the graveyard, when you come in the entrance from the road, on the immediate right there is a large tombstone with walls around it that reads 'Homosexual lord (except the other word, when I tried to put it up it just comes up with asterisks) Koffi'. I can't believe the producers put this in! Check it out for yourself, it really is there!

What town is it in?
    'Gaylord' is not an insult, in just an old-fashioned name. There is a boxer at my gym called Gaylord. Totally normal, top bloke.
  • Options
    dothesmustledothesmustle Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited March 2013
    I love the name Gaylord, had a friend called Gaylord at uni ironically he was a homophobic womanizer. I much prefer the old and true meaning of g ay which is happy or blythe (sp?).
    You can call me smustle or Lori if you prefer.
  • Options
    eternalamoureternalamour Posts: 5 New Member
    edited March 2013
    New with the patch that came after University. You can drop your new smartphone while using it and it will break!

480155_10200272810476774_754135867_n_zpsae36a825.jpg

I can't get a good view of it 'close up' while you're using it which shows the screen completely cracked. I laughed for like 20 minutes. I thought it was the funniest thing. You can repair it for $150 or something.
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    edited April 2013
    :lol: That happened to my sim too!

And the discussion about the name Gaylord - that just almost made me fall off my chair laughing. Yeah, it's a very old fashioned name - too funny!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    kymber13kymber13 Posts: 274 Member
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if this qualifies as an easter egg or not, but the toy on the bird branch (I don't know what to call it! A bird cage with no bars? LOL)is a little green Angry Birds head. :lol:
  • Options
    pixel_leeepixel_leee Posts: 234 Member
    edited May 2013
    There's also the Altos and genie lamps in the mausoleum.
  • Options
    cmartin18cmartin18 Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2013
    your sim will get a nice surroundings moodlet if their favorite color is present in the room, (you half to use the exact coordinates of the color you can find this with a simple google search thou)
  • Options
    sexisimsisexisimsi Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Shallis wrote:
    There is also a magic gnome that appears somewhere, he's like the normal ones but he moves at night. lol

Me wants!

You can find him in the catacombs.Keep searching and your sim will find them.
  • Options
    WaxingCrescent05WaxingCrescent05 Posts: 577 Member
    edited July 2013
    Lots of bumpage in this thread! :P

The stone rocks that aren't labeled are referred to as SimHenge in the Prima Guide, BTW, in case that wasn't stated before.
    Follow my Simblr at FauntleroySims, or my Twitter @fauntleroysims! I'm kind of a noob to social media rn XD
    Origin ID: Eve0053
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit - Intel Core i7-6700K 4GHz (8 CPUs) - 16GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Dedicated VRAM - Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
  • Options
    russ11russ11 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    the gnome that moves is called mysterious mr gnome and also pretty much every new expansion comes with a new themed gnome ex.the vampire and ****** gnomes from night life or the pharoah gnome from adventures. :!: if you want to see all the ones you have at your disposal just hit ctrl+shift+c and type in testingcheatsenabled true then open the box again and type buydebug on and hit enter. after you do that you can go to buy mode and access a special section for secret items not normally available in the buy catalog! :-)
  • Options
    russ11russ11 Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    🐸🐸🐸🐸! if ea is going to release a new sims3 expansion every five hours the leaste they could do is TRY just TRY to fix the ******* glitches. i just came back from my vacation to france (not literally in game i mean) and YET ANOTHER one of my sims has turned invisible!!! i am so sick of this glitch. once the sims turn it seems that nothing can turn them back! iv'e tried cheats restart reset and nothing works. they cannot be clicked on no matter who im controling so my other sims cant even interact with them anymore! :x luckily there still under my control, but this glitch is still very annoying. its only started happening after i got this one update. :evil: :x :x
  • Options
    bodouralwuhaibbodouralwuhaib Posts: 22
    edited October 2013
    wow! You've found out so many things. Can you go to places if there not on the map?
    Yes, Go to map view then click on anywhere you want to go then pan the camera around and look around the area :mrgreen:
  • Options
    TChroniclrTChroniclr Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Well...can you make GHOST CHILI pancakes?Cuz' I wanna my sim bro tah have alotta ghost chilay! :D And...Unicorn findings are REALLY RARE! I saw a unicorn once!
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited January 2014
    JessieSim wrote:
    Anyone else find any other freezer bunnies? They were all over the place in The Sims 2.

You can buy a Freezer Bunny ice lolly!
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    orob124orob124 Posts: 2
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or already posted it (I haven't read all the pages) but I found something really cool on the city hall in roaring heights 8) 2m2feas.jpg It's the characters from the sims 4 :shock: concept art and trailers I just thought this was a cool since it was sort of like mr humble's computer with the sims 3 trailer on it (nostalgia alert!) :P but anyway if someone has posted it let me know.

thx :wink:

• Options
    InsightCrazyInsightCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    edited March 2014
    does any one have any eatser eggs/secrets for hidden springs? :? :?
    Origin: InsightCrazy
    Add me :)
  • Options
    4eee54eee5 Posts: 687 Member
    edited March 2014
    cmartin18 wrote:
    your sim will get a nice surroundings moodlet if their favorite color is present in the room, (you half to use the exact coordinates of the color you can find this with a simple google search thou)

Finally! after 4 years i finally found out how their favorite color affects them
  • Options
    Niccole04Niccole04 Posts: 14 New Member
    edited July 2014
    One time while I was playing my legacy, my simself was in the party even though she wasn't invited, AND SHE DIED OF OLD AGE. After the party, I realized that the Grim Reaper was in my plumbot's relationships bar. Totally crazy. I didn't even know that sims could die at random spots. Weird, I know.