Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs and Secrets

Comments

• Options
    DiscoTwitchDiscoTwitch Posts: 209 Member
    edited August 2009

I keep searching and searching and searching for an omniplant seed or another omniplant, but haven't
    found another yet. I know the latest patch makes the omniplant less rare, but I still have not found
    another one, besides the one at the Science Facility ...

After you complete the opp. for steaks/patties you are given an opportunity that will give you an Omni-Seed to plant yourself. After you get the first seed, you can order more from the mailbox.
    samoht04 wrote:
    In the graveyard on the right of the entrance there is a plant on the otherside of the fence its the death flower plant click it and wait for it to be harvestable and then you get a flower so when your sim gets killed unanturaly then the reaper lets you live if you give him the flower! Good for heirs in legacies!

According to pinstar's rules, deathflowers/life fruits/ambrosia aren't allowed to be eaten/held in legacies. :/
  • Options
    bennsydbennsyd Posts: 1,183 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Is there even a mine in sunset valley and riverview? O( <---Sad Cyclop--->Happy Cyclop---> O)
  • Options
    bennsydbennsyd Posts: 1,183 New Member
    edited August 2009
    . answer the post above PEASE! ;)
  • Options
    Dante13Dante13 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    This may not be am easter agg but they dont tell you this in the instruction manual or whatever you wanna call it. To get to your desktop during the game (FOR APPLE/MAC ONLY) you hit command/apple-tab. This will exit the game screen but keep it running. This way you can search online for whatever you need or upload stuff while playing Sims 3 :mrgreen: Its much easier and faster then going to option and open launcher (which i used to do :? ) to get back to sims just click the icon on your menu bar. anyways i hope this helps you.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited August 2009
    samoht04 wrote:
    In the graveyard on the right of the entrance there is a plant on the otherside of the fence its the death flower plant click it and wait for it to be harvestable and then you get a flower so when your sim gets killed unanturaly then the reaper lets you live if you give him the flower! Good for heirs in legacies!

"According to pinstar's rules, deathflowers/life fruits/ambrosia aren't allowed to be eaten/held in legacies. :/"

Whats the fun in sticking to the rules :P My founder has a deathflower and i want to find her some life fruit, i just love her so much, i dont want her to die.
  • Options
    LordikrisLordikris Posts: 42 New Member
    edited August 2009
    pjchik wrote:
    I don't know if it was a bug or what, but when I was over near the sports arena, one Sim was constantly wetting himself. He'd get the little toilet thought bubble, do the pee dance, wet himself and then kept doing that cycle. Eventually, there was this little lake of pee around him. When he had to go again, the pee sucked back into him!
    lol i zapped sum 1 with the moodlet manager and that happened... I tryed to cure him but my sim just laughed at him.
  • Options
    awesomeme2awesomeme2 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Not sure if these are easter eggs but I heard that if you press tab and zoom in you can see the inside of rabbit holes. I have my sim on the secret agent career track and for whatever reason she came home from work looking like a mad scientist. :lol: I found stone henge but where is the cave?
  • Options
    chantal_careychantal_carey Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    So that's whats up with that gnome?! I knew it had moved but i just assumed my sims did it or something so i put him on a desk and he hasn't moved since. His name is Gregorio - My sim found him while he was exploring the catacombs (go to the graveyard in the middle of the night and click on that building) - i just assumed that he was a normal gnome but he does look different.
  • Options
    DebbieGCDebbieGC Posts: 288 Member
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, why do the magic gnomes stop moving after a while? They are good for about 10 moves to various parts of the lot but then they get frozen after that and never move again. I've had a lot of these magic gnomes and some of them never move at all.
  • Options
    randommermaderandommermade Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited August 2009
    random bump!
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited August 2009
    My sim painted the TS2 Social Bunny 8)

Screenshot-293-1.jpg
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    daveEdmundsdaveEdmunds Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2009
    There is also a magic gnome that appears somewhere, he's like the normal ones but he moves at night. lol

You're quite right, Mr. Mysterious Gnome is hard to get a hold off, if you want to catch him your Sim needs to visit the Cemetery and the Catacombs after 12:00am, make sure your Sim has a Death Flower before he/she ventures into the Catacombs to find Mr. Mysterious Gnome, some of my Sims did not make it out and died by drowning or Zombie attack.

Once I figured out the Catacombs scenario (it follows a pattern) I waited until Garth, my developing avatar SuperSim with level 10 in nearly everything, had enough Life Points (20,000) to have the "Mid-Life Crisis Traits option, I then gave him the Brave trait, made sure he didn't attempt to cross any underground rivers or lakes (there is another deadly choice your Sim will need to make but I'll let you figure that one out for yourself)and he survived the Catacombs, albeit a little scorched, burned and looking totally freaked out and with Mr. Mysterious Gnome in his inventory.

A small word on Mr. Mysterious Gnome, I, personally think he's a waste of time and for the very real danger your Sims get into to catch him when all they can do is kick him and stomp on him and he occasionally moves around - big deal(!), I am not impressed with this story character, but then maybe I haven't discovered everything about him yet... lets hope there is more depth to him but so far he just sits in the garden passively.

I may get Garth to perform an experiment on him if that option is available to see what happens. :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sarona wrote:
    samoht04 wrote:

"According to pinstar's rules, deathflowers/life fruits/ambrosia aren't allowed to be eaten/held in legacies. :/"

Whats the fun in sticking to the rules :P My founder has a deathflower and i want to find her some life fruit, i just love her so much, i dont want her to die.

I can relate to your statement about loving your Sim, I am really attached/fond/whatever of Garth my original Sim and my very first Sim creation. When he died in the Catacombs trying to get the magic gnome I freaked out, when he burned to death with a faulty laptop and the dining table went up - I freaked out. When ever any of these things have happened I have immediately quit the game and returned to the last save point so I don't have to go through the resurrection stuff (science lab) with Garth. He is an adult now and I am feeding him Ambrosia and Life Fruit every 80 days to keep him at adult and without further aging.

If you want to get Life Fruit there are two ways I have found that work, send your Sim into the Catacombs to hopefully retrieve a Life Fruit, doesn't always work, like catching the Gnome, and keep in mind your Sim really can die in the Catacombs so make sure they have a Death Flower before you send them in looking and consider the options carefully your Sim has to do when in the Catacombs.

The other is to hunt with the Butterfly Collector (I think it costs 40,000 Life Points) and search for seeds that are rare or unknown, the ones that don't have a value if I remember correctly are Money Tree seeds and the really valuable ones are Death Flower Seeds and Omni Plant seeds. The Butterfly Collector will show your Sim where to pretty well find anything from fish through to gems etc,. it should be high on your list of things to obtain for your Sim.

BTW if your Sim has a high enough gardening level they can plant the Death Flower and it will return two Death Flowers back, so another one in reserve for your Sims Life Insurance should anything go horribly wrong like a sudden death accident.

Get your Sim to watch the gardening channel and to read all the gardening books (go to the library then you don't have to buy them and more opportunities for socialization and Life Points), get as many Life Points and purchase the Butterfly Collector from the Life Point Bonus' listing and go hunting!

Money Trees, Death Flowers, Life Fruit, Flame Fruit and Omni Plant seeds... every seed is now visible on the map as glowing points of light, your Sim just has to find the right ones which is the hard bit. Collect 'em, plant 'em and watch 'em grow, but your Sim does need a high gardening level to grow the above plants, Omni plants require level 10 and an opportunity filled to allow you to purchase them ad hoc through the letterbox.

Garth is hard at work replacing all his plants (except the Money Trees) with Omni Plants as they can grow pretty well anything, even Death Fish and without killing the Omni Plant and the big bonus is most of the food the Omni Plants create is of PERFECT quality! Provided your Sim feeds them with at least Excellent Quality produce/fish from your garden or the ocean/lakes and they are constantly fertilized like the Money Trees with perfect quality Life Fruit.

Hope this helps you to find never ending life for your Sim, but it steps way outside the legacies rules and a legacy game by its very nature will ultimately age and kill off your Sim(s), but that's the point I believe to create the next generation of Sims. You can always save your prize Sim like I have into the library so their skills and knowledge is not lost, but that is hardly legacy gaming.
  • Options
    nosixxnosixx Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    but where is the cave?

If you go to the overhead view of Sunset Valley, have the cemetary to your right and go towards the waterfalls and you'll see a round shape indentation. That's where the mining cave is. Zoom in and collect like crazy -- everyday there's new stuff.

Also since I love gardening in real life, I make all my sims level 10 gardners. The best place to find rare plant seeds is at the Landgraab Science Facility. They're behind the big dome thing and there are new seeds every morning. You can't get the Omniplant seed there. You have to finish 3 tasks that a restaurant will give you and then when you're at level 10 you're able to grow Omniplants. Actually, you can grow Omniplants at level 10, but you won't get the seeds which will only be given to you after you've done the 3 tasks for the restaurant. First task gives you the ability to grow eggplants and cheeseplants, the second task gives you the ability to grow hamburger patties and steaks, and the third task is when they give you the Omniplant seeds. Hope that helps!

~Sixxy~
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I can relate to your statement about loving your Sim, I am really attached/fond/whatever of Garth my original Sim and my very first Sim creation. When he died in the Catacombs trying to get the magic gnome I freaked out, when he burned to death with a faulty laptop and the dining table went up - I freaked out. When ever any of these things have happened I have immediately quit the game and returned to the last save point so I don't have to go through the resurrection stuff (science lab) with Garth. He is an adult now and I am feeding him Ambrosia and Life Fruit every 80 days to keep him at adult and without further aging.

You can also go to Game Options and disable aging. That's what I do when I just want to play my Sims for a long time.

The other is to hunt with the Butterfly Collector (I think it costs 40,000 Life Points) and search for seeds that are rare or unknown, the ones that don't have a value if I remember correctly are Money Tree seeds and the really valuable ones are Death Flower Seeds and Omni Plant seeds. The Butterfly Collector will show your Sim where to pretty well find anything from fish through to gems etc,. it should be high on your list of things to obtain for your Sim.

It's not a "Butterfly Collector" it's an all around collector. Once you attain it by purchasing it with the 40,000 happiness points it will appear in your sims backpack (inventory)and you can choose Fish, Gems & Metals, Insects, Butterflys and Seeds. (I might be missing one, but it'll show up when you click on it.) It's extremely handy! Also always try and have you're sims green bar up into the little balloon part where if you hover over it it'll say that they're "elated". That will add happiness points without having to do anything. So make sure they have as many happy moodlets as possible and keep them in the green!

~Sixxy~

BTW if your Sim has a high enough gardening level they can plant the Death Flower and it will return two Death Flowers back, so another one in reserve for your Sims Life Insurance should anything go horribly wrong like a sudden death accident.

Get your Sim to watch the gardening channel and to read all the gardening books (go to the library then you don't have to buy them and more opportunities for socialization and Life Points), get as many Life Points and purchase the Butterfly Collector from the Life Point Bonus' listing and go hunting!

Money Trees, Death Flowers, Life Fruit, Flame Fruit and Omni Plant seeds... every seed is now visible on the map as glowing points of light, your Sim just has to find the right ones which is the hard bit. Collect 'em, plant 'em and watch 'em grow, but your Sim does need a high gardening level to grow the above plants, Omni plants require level 10 and an opportunity filled to allow you to purchase them ad hoc through the letterbox.

Garth is hard at work replacing all his plants (except the Money Trees) with Omni Plants as they can grow pretty well anything, even Death Fish and without killing the Omni Plant and the big bonus is most of the food the Omni Plants create is of PERFECT quality! Provided your Sim feeds them with at least Excellent Quality produce/fish from your garden or the ocean/lakes and they are constantly fertilized like the Money Trees with perfect quality Life Fruit.

Hope this helps you to find never ending life for your Sim, but it steps way outside the legacies rules and a legacy game by its very nature will ultimately age and kill off your Sim(s), but that's the point I believe to create the next generation of Sims. You can always save your prize Sim like I have into the library so their skills and knowledge is not lost, but that is hardly legacy gaming.[/quote]
  • Options
    migitpoo73migitpoo73 Posts: 218 Member
    edited August 2009
    My hubby found the old mines and i found stonehenge. When i sent my hubby to explore the catacombs at the cemetery he found that magic gnome there. You really have found alot of kool things. Happy Simmin :D
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Hope this helps you to find never ending life for your Sim, but it steps way outside the legacies rules and a legacy game by its very nature will ultimately age and kill off your Sim(s), but that's the point I believe to create the next generation of Sims. You can always save your prize Sim like I have into the library so their skills and knowledge is not lost, but that is hardly legacy gaming.

Ooops!! Sorry, the above appeared in my reply as though I wrote it. I didn't. But he did make on mistake. The Omniplant doesn't automatically give you Perfect havests. You have to make you Omniplant perfect! Also, if you need money, buy some high priced books and feed them to the Omniplant at Landgraab Science Facilty and you'll get 3 or 4 books that you can sell back at almost the price you paid for them. Really helps if you don't want to use the Kaching cheat.

~Sixxy~
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    nosixx wrote:

Ooops!! Sorry, the above appeared in my reply as though I wrote it. I didn't. But he did make on mistake. The Omniplant doesn't automatically give you Perfect havests. You have to make you Omniplant perfect! Also, if you need money, buy some high priced books and feed them to the Omniplant at Landgraab Science Facilty and you'll get 3 or 4 books that you can sell back at almost the price you paid for them. Really helps if you don't want to use the Kaching cheat.

~Sixxy~

I do mention in my previous post that to produce "perfect produce" from the Omni Plants they have to be fed at least Excellent Quality to copy, and that the plants themselves have to be fertilized with Perfect Life Fruit or whatever but it's got to be perfect quality, maybe I didn't underline that enough... :D

Never thought of feeding books to the Omni plants (thanks for the tip!), one Ambrosia book @ $12,000.00 Simoleans would reap anywhere from $24,000.00 to $48,000.00 from an Omni plant.
  • Options
    7Deadly5ins7Deadly5ins Posts: 524 Member
    edited August 2009
    You can die in the Catacombs?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2009
    did you know when your sim gets married "Here comes the Bride" starts and if people have a good relationship with the bride/groom they throw rice. Also family members can congratulate the new member of the family.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    nosixx wrote:

~Sixxy~

I do mention in my previous post that to produce "perfect produce" from the Omni Plants they have to be fed at least Excellent Quality to copy, and that the plants themselves have to be fertilized with Perfect Life Fruit or whatever but it's got to be perfect quality, maybe I didn't underline that enough... :D

Never thought of feeding books to the Omni plants (thanks for the tip!), one Ambrosia book @ $12,000.00 Simoleans would reap anywhere from $24,000.00 to $48,000.00 from an Omni plant.

Ooops. . . I always do that -- read too fast! Sorry for misquoting you. You're right, the Omniplant usually does give you a better quality of produce that you give it. Sorry about that!

~Sixxy~
  • Options
    FalkonuzFalkonuz Posts: 55 New Member
    edited August 2009
    while buying a bunch of books (27k worth, in fact), i noticed that the "Where's Bella" children's book is written by I.M. Wright

-F
  • Options
    jesshall281jesshall281 Posts: 64 Member
    edited August 2009
    i dont know if this has already been said but...
    i got robbed the other night and as the robbing sim was waiting to be taken away, i had an option to set him free, when i did so, the robber told me that he'd promise to repay me. he hasnt!
  • Options
    FalkonuzFalkonuz Posts: 55 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i got robbed the other night and as the robbing sim was waiting to be taken away, i had an option to set him free, when i did so, the robber told me that he'd promise to repay me. he hasnt![/quote}

I know that you could set the burgler free in TS2, but I didn't know that you could do that in TS3. Nice find!

Off-Topic: I just got my second mysterious gnome ingame! :P
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2009
    Falkonuz wrote:
    i got robbed the other night and as the robbing sim was waiting to be taken away, i had an option to set him free, when i did so, the robber told me that he'd promise to repay me. he hasnt![/quote}

I know that you could set the burgler free in TS2, but I didn't know that you could do that in TS3. Nice find!

Off-Topic: I just got my second mysterious gnome ingame! :P

It actually can happen I just did it.
    6adMCGP.gif