Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easter Eggs and Secrets

Comments

• Options
    Roxas982859Roxas982859 Posts: 749 New Member
    edited August 2009
    My sim fished up the creepy gnome.

He goes in your house and changes the radio station to kids music! I am not kidding!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

he also moves around ur house by himslef when sims are sleeping o.O
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2009
    did you know that if you have a sim who writes in their spare time you can unlock more genres. Fansty (after 3 sci-fi) vaudeville (after 3 each of Drama, Sci-Fi, Humor, Mystery, and Romance books), satire (after 3 humor books) and autobiography (after 3 biographies-opportunities)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simmy6personsimmy6person Posts: 3 New Member
    edited August 2009
    thats awesome thanks
  • Options
    DiscoTwitchDiscoTwitch Posts: 209 Member
    edited August 2009
    My sim fished up the creepy gnome.

He goes in your house and changes the radio station to kids music! I am not kidding!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

So that's whose been changing the radio station and turning it on when all my sims are sleeping!!! My sim fished him up like 3 generations ago and I was disapointed to see he didn't do much -- until now!
  • Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited August 2009
    Asegai wrote:
    Did you know, that if your lady sim eats apple pancakes and then gets pregnant, she will have a boy?

And conversly, if she eats watermelon pancakes, a baby girl will be the result of any pregnancy?

I had a sim who really wanted a girl, so I stocked up on watermelon and thats all she ate for her entire pregnancy. She had twin BOYS! I think the apple/watermelon thing only increases your chances, but doesn't guarantee anything.
  • Options
    RubytheFuzzledRubytheFuzzled Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I had a sim who really wanted a girl, so I stocked up on watermelon and thats all she ate for her entire pregnancy. She had twin BOYS! I think the apple/watermelon thing only increases your chances, but doesn't guarantee anything.

I think sometimes the game just wants to drive you nuts.
  • Options
    iFreakdomiFreakdom Posts: 1,208 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Very true, very true... I ate 20 days worth of apple harvests (what, around 50 apples?) and gues what I got? A girl.
  • Options
    Biggos6Biggos6 Posts: 412 Member
    edited August 2009
    I belive EA games removed that ability with the 1.3 patch.
  • Options
    RubytheFuzzledRubytheFuzzled Posts: 3,315 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Biggos6 wrote:
    I belive EA games removed that ability with the 1.3 patch.

No, EA made it so that only RAW apples and watermelons made a difference. Processed food doesn't affect pregnancy anymore.
  • Options
    phayelphayel Posts: 4 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Hi, is there anyone who knows how to plant eggs, cheese and burgars?? and what is an omniplant? :oops: :?

would be very happy if someone could tell me :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited August 2009
    To plant eggs,Cheese, and Patties (correct name for the meat part of Hamburger) and Steaks have to wait for 1 opp to do earn the ability to plant eggs/cheese and another opp to earn the patties/Steak ability. The Ominplant is something that duplicates stuff and sometimes can make stuff ((like Links (meat part on Hog dogs)) able to be planted.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    naturedancenaturedance Posts: 28 New Member
    edited August 2009
    For anyone who might be interested... one of the Llamas' sports adversaries are the East Bay Pillagers...Oakland Raiders anyone?

ND
  • Options
    skiptharockskiptharock Posts: 103 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Has anyone found plutonium yet? I found the rare rainbow butterfly and rainbow gem. Not sure where though.

I'll try the stonehenge place a bit later. But the catacombs is kinda creepy too with all the spokky noises. lol

Wow Barbie, I love your leopard outfit!

Yep I've found plutonium I think, or some metal that starts with a p.

I found the rainbow gem, it's so pretty.

Stonehenge is a neat add to the game, for sure! I like that place.

Yeah, the ghosts and the catacombs and all that are the last that I check out lol ... I guess I'm not a
    daredevil at heart ... but anyway ... as ghosts and things like that are not what I know about yet ... I
    am drawn to find out more about them.

I just remember my son being shocked when his Sim lady died by fire in Sims 1 years back
    (his eyes got so
    big and even though I told him how to manage it,
    to not "save" his game, and then go back to it,
    so that she'd still be alive, he was still all shook up from it. Awwww.

• Options
    edited August 2009
    phayel wrote:
    Hi, is there anyone who knows how to plant eggs, cheese and burgars?? and what is an omniplant? :oops: :?

would be very happy if someone could tell me :)

As someone else explained already, the Omniplant is a plant that be fed things, and when you harvest it,
    it produces those things, like even books.

There is an omniplant at the Science Facility.

I keep searching and searching and searching for an omniplant seed or another omniplant, but haven't
    found another yet. I know the latest patch makes the omniplant less rare, but I still have not found
    another one, besides the one at the Science Facility ...

• Options
    edited August 2009

I think sometimes the game just wants to drive you nuts.

That is soooo funny that you said that. Because ...

... kindof off and on topic about driving you nuts ...

... does anyone else have this problem ... that when you are trying to place the last item of a set
    down, the game will not let you place it in the right direction ... and it takes forever to place the
    item in the correct direction? or is it just me ?

• Options
    edited August 2009
    tinnnee_ wrote:
    i found markings on the rocks going to crystal springs. i dont think they mean anything though... lol :?

the only thing I've found so far ... is that ... my scientist was asked to read a book called something
    like "Taking Things too Far ... When Pigs Fly" ........

And there is a Flying Pig on one of the rocks we can buy for our yards in the game

I would love to see a flying pig or a flying fish or combinations of animals in the game but I haven't
    (yet)

• Options
    cynjulmarcynjulmar Posts: 201 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There are always a lot of gemstones on the ground at the mine.
  • Options
    cynjulmarcynjulmar Posts: 201 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I love that you can engrave tombstones. I picked a random one at the cemetery just to check out the feature. It now says, "I told you to wear your seatbelt."
  • Options
    nosixxnosixx Posts: 13 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I've always found the pink diamond when I explore the catacombs in the graveyard.
  • Options
    corajanecorajane Posts: 60 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i can't seem to find the mine... am i looking right over it?
  • Options
    samoht04samoht04 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    There is an omni plant behind the science building in the garden, you can take something in your sims inventory like chciken and then click on the tal plant and it says check diet, then feed the chciken to it by clciking again then after a while you comeback and there is a plant with chciknes on and I heard there is a plant in the criminal warehouse grounds by a dumpster.

In the graveyard on the right of the entrance there is a plant on the otherside of the fence its the death flower plant click it and wait for it to be harvestable and then you get a flower so when your sim gets killed unanturaly then the reaper lets you live if you give him the flower! Good for heirs in legacies!
  • Options
    sammusicrockssammusicrocks Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i have not really found any thing
  • Options
    nardandbardnardandbard Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I have a child in the game, and when he wakes up, he won't do anything!He does some kind of complaint, and its very annoying. Does anyone have any advice?
  • Options
    JazzDJazzD Posts: 1 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Some fun stuff - Cheese, Burger, Steak Plants etc the special fridge if at top of Culinary career.

Has anyone found a Rainbow Beetle?
  • Options
    Jolinar83Jolinar83 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Vagabond wrote:
    Vampire fish like to eat garlic
    Piranha eat watermelon
    Red Herring eat Hot Dogs

You can grow cheese! :mrgreen:
    You can plant eggs and make an eggplant :wink:

What came first. The chicken or the egg?
    Answer: The eggplant!

Oh sweet thnaks! I had been wondering what the heck kinda bait is needed for Red Herrings! My sim is lv 9 fishing and I bought her all the fishing bait books but none of them were for Red Herrings. Now I'll finally be able to finish her catch 10 Red Herring wish.