Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Endless Babies Glitch

On one of my families, I have a sim who is pregnant. When she has the baby, the window to name the baby pops up, and I name the baby, only when I click the check mark, this window pops up again, and continues to pop up after each time i name the baby and click the check mark. It also keeps creating sims on the left side of the screen that have no pictures inside, and it continues to create them even after the limit of sims in the family. There's no technical error message or anything, it's just a strange in-game bug. With the window continuously popping up, i cannot progress with this family! Has anyone else experienced a similar glitch, or have any ideas how to fix it? I have tried manually reinstalling the game and switching to a backup file, and the glitch persists.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2009
    Up to 4 babies is not a glitch, as Sims can have up to quads. That's the way multiples work - they do the first babies, and then do each one after it, until all 3 or 4 babies are named, given their traits, etc. Once they are all done the mom will come out carrying a basket with either triplets or quads in them.

Now if there were more than 4, then that was a glitch, and before the patches several people reported having a whole lot of babies. One guy showed 57, but usually the glitch is more like 6 or 8.

The game does not take into account of the amount of Sims living in the house if the Sim parents are having triplets or quads. I know as I have a couple who both had fertility drugs because they were both family sims and hadn't had a pregnancy no matter how hard I tried since their first little girl way back when they first got married and both had just turned adult, so you can imagine my surprise when their first try resulted in baby chimes and they brought home 4 baby boys. Four days later I had them try one more time, thinking they'd only get one because of the Sims limit, but they had Quads again - this time 4 little girls.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    dolphinz2121dolphinz2121 Posts: 3,949 Member
    edited September 2009
    One family got 82 babies.
  • Options
    conniebhas3conniebhas3 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Has anyone answered your question and told you how to fix it? I had a problem like that also. Mine kept trying to have a baby but they didn't so I decided to adopt. The caseworker never came to the door, just stayed parked in the street for days. I ahd named the baby and it even told me one time it was her birthday, but there was no baby. Just a blank box on the side. Then they got pregnant and it just popping the name the baby screen over and over and over. I gave up after about ten times and started a new game. Oh, it also told us we were not allowed to move while the caseworker was there.
  • Options
    GawfernGawfern Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Thanks for the input. I worked with EA support for a few days on this and we could not find a solution. I checked to see if it would occur again on another family and it didn't, so it looks like this is unique to the family it happened on. I'm just going to delete the family and start over. :(
  • Options
    EtaAlphaEtaAlpha Posts: 24
    edited July 2011
    My sister is having this problem too, her game has become really glitchy after she started adding custom content. We have had deformed babies, which we think we have sorted, and we had problems with the latest patch, which we also sorted - though that was not to do with CC. Is there a solution to this problem other than just deleting the family - she'd really rather not do that? :(
  • Options
    EtaAlphaEtaAlpha Posts: 24
    edited July 2011
    Just realised our problem is a little different to the one that Gawfern described because the babies that we name are not appearing on the left of the screen. :?
  • Options
    pupdogpupdog Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    I have been having the exact same problem and have no clue what to do.
  • Options
    Rainfall3Rainfall3 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Just had that problem I was up to 14 babies it wouldn't stop, up to the 4th I was like okay I can deal but now... so sad i'll probably have to delete the family...
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    Wow. That woman must hurt. Did she get a C-section?
  • Options
    KawaiidulceKawaiidulce Posts: 716 New Member
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

How did they even last past simple embryos :shock:. Her uterus must be wrecked!
  • Options
    Icy_LavaIcy_Lava Posts: 5,461 Member
    edited April 2013
    Icy_Lava wrote:

How did they even last past simple embryos :shock:. Her uterus must be wrecked!

Oh definitely. It probably exploded once they came out,
  • Options
    EyeofShaktiEyeofShakti Posts: 304 Member
    edited April 2013
    I once had error this one...I was had use NRRAS master controller delete the babies. Was lot them too....they boxes green would be on side and no picture.
    25up6pu.jpg
  • Options
    SkiytSkiyt Posts: 3 New Member
    edited September 2013
    The no picture thing is just where the game is still registering that the baby exists. It always happens to me when I have kids on Sims 3 and when they age up too. Like, the baby ages up, and instead of a toddler it still shows a baby in the little green box.

I have no idea if I helped or not.
  • Options
    851622851622 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited April 2014
    OMG I am having this glitch right now except like 2 or 3 people said the babies don't appear in the left of the screen. They are all girls and have the Excitable trait and I don't know if this helps or not but they are all alien babies :shock: it could be a glitch because the mother is an alien for me. But either way please help I must save my game.

Thanks 851622 (Natalie), :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    EtaAlpha wrote:
    Just realised our problem is a little different to the one that Gawfern described because the babies that we name are not appearing on the left of the screen. :?

I have the exact same thing.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Sorry for all the posts :oops: . But I will let you know if I have a solution.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Finally found a solution so if you hold down ctrl,shift,and c on your keyboard a blue cheat box will appear type in "testingcheatsenabled true" (NO quotation marks) then where you get the moodlets little box in bottom center of the screen with faces expressions and things where it says Baby Is Coming! mouse over it hold ctrl and left click it. Then she will be stuck never giving birth standing there. So after that Open up the cheat box again I said how to above type in "resetSim (Sims First and Last name)" and yes with a capitail S on sims not on reset and capitalize the first letter of the first and last name then hit enter and your sim can move around again but they can't do certain things. They will also appear to be pregnant but will never give birth. Sorry for that long explanation.

Hope I helped!

P.S. also on the resetSim thing NO quotation marks
  • Options
    AloiiraAlvinaAloiiraAlvina Posts: 7 New Member
    I had this happen, if it makes a difference. She got pregnant by her roommate that lived at Sim University. But it did happen before. make sure you have a backup always. esp one before college and after. just added a bunch of expansions.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Good advise @AloiiraAlvina :) Thanks for sharing. I'll close the thread here to limit further necroposting.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top