Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The 12 Days of Simsmas - Day 11: A Simlish Christmas Carol

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
Day 11: A Simlish Christmas Carol

Sul sul!

Welcome to Day 11 of The 12 Days of Simsmas, today we're helping Nancy remove herself from Father Winter's naughty list.

Take Nancy LandScrooge on a journey of ✨self discovery✨ until she gets the "Good" personality trait by volunteering at a soup kitchen or donating to online charities, and share your screenshots of the new and improved Nancy!

6chblsus86e2.png

Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    B)o:)B)

JNJarRB.png
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited December 2023
    Twas the night before Winterfest, and Nancy Landgraab was making it rain...
    EYJ5m0g.png

....when the ghost of Jacques Villareal, past fellow crime lord, appeared and told her he had many regrets, and that he would haunt her forever unless she changed her ways.
    dirm1bs.png

Well, she wasn't going to be happy about it, but what choice did she have?
    s4EyndC.jpg

First, she acknowledged the existence of her estranged son.
    tnoWIqv.jpg

If she must choose a charity to donate her precious simoleons to, she had to pick "Lobster Thermidor for Some" because surely not everyone was deserving of such a fine meal.
    BHpGOTa.jpg

She bit her tongue and only spoke kind words to her husband and son, though truly there was much to criticize on both accounts.
    kcm6svE.png

And if she had to volunteer her time, why not keep her body in top tier condition?
    f3wC5Q2.png
    iJW5DeB.jpg

And truly the most magnanimous sacrifice of all - opening her home to a child in need at Winterfest (a Tiny Tim, if you will).
    laxFvEr.png

Well, she was certainly going to need a makeover if she was going to match Nancy's refined aesthetic.
    Sd0jZRf.png

Much better...
    Sy6GJUX.jpg

"Now, let me teach you the art of admiring new possessions. After all, we must be grateful that we are so very much more fortunate than everybody else..."
    yg5x8iP.jpg

She had to admit, all the charity work did wonders for her Simstagram following, so she embraced the change, if for appearances only. At least for now, she could evade any hauntings from ghosts of Christmases past.
    NHVySYR.png

Merry Christmas, everyone!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    @permanentrose I love it! :D
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3
  • Options
    @Belalucina haha, thanks, I had a lot more fun with this prompt than I thought I would :D

Also, Maya would like to add, "God bless us, every one!"
    n9Rf0Ua.png
  • Options
    In my version of a Simlish Christmas Carol, our Nancy LandgraabScrooge was indeed visited by the ghost of Christmases past.
    She wasn't always such a snob. Her and Geoffrey were young when they first met many Christmases ago. He was poor and her family disapproved, but Nancy fell in love with him.
    12-25-23-9-29-12-PM.png

They had to see each other in secret, but they made it work.
    12-25-23-9-29-59-PM.png

Despite her parents protests, she decided to marry Geoffery. And even though he took her last name, her parents still disowned her for marrying such a poor fellow. But she didn't care, she had her parents' business savvy nature and she knew she could make enough money on her own.
    12-25-23-9-32-58-PM.png

They were happy for awhile. Nancy was a successful business woman, and Geoffrey a doctor. They had two children, Johnny and Malcolm. They made good money. Things seemed to be going well.
    12-25-23-9-49-13-PM.png

Though, the more money they had, the less it seemed to be enough for them. Geoffrey was obsessed with his children being successful and Nancy became obsessed with...well, money. Geoffrey scolded Johnny constantly, saying he'd never amount to anything as a comedian, and even though Nancy liked his jokes, she had agreed with her husband.
    12-25-23-9-50-51-PM.png
    12-25-23-9-51-58-PM.png

Years passed, and another Christmas came. Johnny had left the family to pursue comedy. Malcolm took it hard when his brother was disowned and was proving to be a handful himself. He used to be good natured, and now he was evil. Nancy gave up business to pursue villainy, but Geoffrey knew she was up to something.
    12-25-23-10-01-03-PM.png

They fought all the time. And Nancy wasn't the only one with her secrets. Geoffrey's suspicions about his wife led him to quit his career as a doctor and pursue a career as a secret agent.
    12-25-23-10-01-30-PM.png
    12-25-23-10-01-33-PM.png

And so, with visions of happier Christmases past, Nancy decided it was time for a change. She started with volunteering for Beach Cleanup. At least when they went on their next vacation, it would be nice and clean. She drug Malcolm along with her, thinking it would do him some good.
    Screenshot-337.png

Nancy found helping out made her feel good.
    Screenshot-338.png

After all, she still had a lot more money than those she was helping out, and that did feel good.
    12-25-23-10-09-02-PM.png

Next, she donated to charity. That even earned her some fame, and that kind of felt good too.
    12-25-23-10-10-48-PM.png

In Christmases past, Johnny had extended a Christmas dinner invitation to them, which they always declined. He had eventually stopped sending them. Nancy decided it was time they reached out. She found Johnny and told him they would love to spend Christmas dinner with him. He was a bit suspicious.
    12-25-23-10-12-17-PM.png

Well, she'd been right about him not amounting to much...she found herself bored by his living space.
    12-25-23-10-17-22-PM.png

But that didn't stop her from making her amends.
    12-25-23-10-19-00-PM.png

She had gifts for Malcolm and Geoffrey as well.
    12-25-23-10-19-50-PM.png
    12-25-23-10-20-35-PM.png

And well, it wasn't the fanciest of dinners. They didn't even all eat together and her husband spent the evening watching TV. But it was a start.
    12-25-23-10-21-37-PM.png

Not exactly what I was going for, but I'll take it.
    Screenshot-339.png

And with that, Nancy was on her path to make the present Christmas a happier one.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @Belalucina great backstory for the landgraabs! I enjoyed all the detail you put into your telling of a simsmas carol. also I think generous is an even better trait for a reformed Scrooge 💜
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    The "Volunteer" thing is so cute! How do you do that? I've never seen it in my game.
    Sims in the teacher career can ask others to volunteer time (sometimes it's a job task) but there isn't that dialog to pick an activity.

Anyhow, I love the Nancy Scrooge stories, and great idea @EA_Cade :)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    This was way harder than I thought. So Nancy had a make over and decided to be good. She quit her criminal career job and became a lifeguard so that she can save lives instead. She also was very friendly and volunteered at almost all charities. It was a long journey but in the end she became good <3

H9V0ylj.png

4ILLuL8.png

Her journey to becoming a better sim :)

0tTYFtR.png
  • Options
    @mightysprite it's an option on the phone. I think it's under travel. There's a volunteer option and you can volunteer with family. Maybe it came with a pack, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    @mcrudd that’s strange that it took so much time for you - or maybe strange that it didn’t for me. I had her volunteer like twice, give a gift, and donate to charity and had the good trait pop up after less than 5 minutes of play 😂 I just added extra screenshots once she was already “good” for a story haha
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited December 2023
    Belalucina wrote: »
    @mightysprite it's an option on the phone. I think it's under travel. There's a volunteer option and you can volunteer with family. Maybe it came with a pack, but I'm not sure.
    It came with parenthood, for teens and children it raises responsibility and the other character values, depending on what they volunteer to do
  • Options
    @SelinaKyles That's right, I thought it might have come with Parenthood. Thanks for clarifying that.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Aha, I don't have Parenthood yet so that is why!
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    I was also wondering why I have never seen this thing :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @mcrudd that’s strange that it took so much time for you - or maybe strange that it didn’t for me. I had her volunteer like twice, give a gift, and donate to charity and had the good trait pop up after less than 5 minutes of play 😂 I just added extra screenshots once she was already “good” for a story haha

I know right, she had to basically get a pristene reputation before I got the option :D My Nancy must have been real bad lol ;)
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited December 2023
    Nancy Landgraab is a good Sim now. She quit her job as a criminal, became best friends with Geoffery and just donated §1,000 to charity. They both volunteered at all 5 volunteer options until Nancy got the good trait. Here are my two screenshots. I did get the pop-up about embracing the good trait, but I don't have that screenshot.
    JRmnkEG.png
    just after having donated to charity
    CPGL46W.png
    hugging her husband who's now her best friend.
    Post edited by coolsim9999999 on
    4kkjdXo.png