The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Patch 12/5

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,375 Member
    EA_Cade wrote:
    Sims will thankfully no longer slip and fall in mud puddles while holding an infant.

Daniel: "Say, the front yard is pretty murky from all the rain... and it doesn't look as if it would stop raining anytime soon."

Gavin: "Plum! I'm wearing my good suit for the presentation I have to give today for my Lieutenant exam! I can't risk slipping on some mud puddle!"

Tina: "Fret not, for we have an adorable infant!"

*takes Jin from his crib*

Tina: "Will you help daddy get a shiny new badge?"

Jin: "GAH!"

Tina: "So first I take Jin and walk to the car. Then I yeet Jinny back to you two. Next Daniel takes Jin and comes to the car, too. Danny, your throwing arm is weaker than mine, so you put Jin on the ground and let him crawl back to daddy. Finally Gavin takes Jin and joins us at the car and then we can drive to work."

Gavin: "Even better, we take Jin with us in case we have to hot pursuit someone today! Guaranteed steady footing, how cool is that? They'll promote me all the way to Captain for this idea!"

An hour later, at the police station:

Gavin: "...and that was when Daniel beat us up totally unprovoked, grabbed Jin and is on the run now."

Police Captain: "That's bad. In this weather we can't chase the man. Not while he's holding an infant that makes him invulnurable to weather hazards."
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,954 Member
    edited December 2023
    @DaniRose2143 Apartment doors can be changed with the T.O.O.L. mod.

This seems like a good patch, but I won't update until after the EP officially releases and more people have had time to test the patch and new EP for bugs. I still don't have the last patch. :#
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    I'm avoiding patching until mods are updated for the pack, but I'm loving the ability to change apartment windows.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,332 Member
    I found something odd in my Sims 4 folder when I went to reinstall my mods folder. There's a package file named houseDescription-client right above localthumbnailcache. It wasn't there this morning so it has to be something to do with the update.

@DaniRose2143
    From @luthienrising on AHQ:

Symptom: A new file has appeared in the Sims 4 folder, called houseDescription-client.package

Known Cause: Nothing is wrong! As of 1.103, the game deliberately makes a new kind of file.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-and-Mod-CC-Issues/Mod-and-CC-Issues-Discussion-and-Support-1-103-Dec-5-2023-Game/td-p/13271165
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,073 Member
    The milestones bug is fixed!! @musteni
    Growing Together
    Playing other households will no longer cause Sims to forget certain achieved Milestones. In other words, the game will neither gaslight nor gatekeep your girlboss Sims anymore.

And they freed the City Living and Eco Living apartments?
    (to some extent, it appears??)

I know what I'll be playing around with this weekend :):)

• Options
    WhubbleWhubble Posts: 72 Member
    Glad someone mentioned the second path. I thought I was having a glitch!
    The Sims is not a game; it's a lifestyle choice.
    My Plumbbob is green today :D
  • Options
    WhubbleWhubble Posts: 72 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    On a totally different note, just curious does anybody else have the same habit of me, where you remove your tray and saves, delete everything in your doc folder (mods optional since most are outdated) before updating so it creates a new sims doc* folder from scratch with each update? I also run "repair" after each patch to just to verify the files, I've actually noticed in the odd circumstance where this might repair some odd issues after a patch too.

Running repair is very smart. I think it fills in any gaps in code that mods may have affected. I have been encouraging this forever. My own ritual is I remove my whole EA folder from my documents folder, update my game to fill in any gaps the mods might have made then restart my PC. I go in and let the game create all new folders. I create a sim mostly to look at any new CAS content, then move my sim into a blank lot. I build a house or, like today, furnish an apartment so I can play with build mode. Then I play in live mode and have them interact with things, and try out any new actions, traits, or whatever. Then I play on this sim until the new pack comes out. Then I update and reload my mods. Then I share my played-with sim and house on the gallery.
    The Sims is not a game; it's a lifestyle choice.
    My Plumbbob is green today :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,616 Member
    Whoa, this seems like a huge amount of fixes and additions... if they all actually work lol.

But I didn't notice apartment doors dropping with walls - did I miss that or didn't they fix it?
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,176 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    @DaniRose2143 Apartment doors can be changed with the T.O.O.L. mod.

This seems like a good patch, but I won't update until after the EP officially releases and more people have had time to test the patch and new EP for bugs. I still don't have the last patch. :#

I've used T.O.O.L. for that but I was still hoping we'd get that ability so that we could more easily change the doors on the three apartments that don't line up squarely on the X/Y-axis. I've never been able to place the doors on those lots so that they worked. They'd look like they were in the wall properly but my sims always did the 'arm wave' when I tried to have them use the door. I never understood why they prevented us from making these changes all these years. The door thing isn't a big deal, I'm elated that we can finally replace the windows and that was always the more important of the two anyway.🙂

@simgirl1010 Thanks for the information. I was confused at first because the file ends in '.package' and I didn't expect to find that outside of the mods folder.🙂 I wasn't expecting a new file in the main folder either. It may have happened before and I only noticed this one because it's right next to localthumbnailcache which I delete every time I start my game.

• Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Very pleased to see the railings back on the steps :)
  • Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 248 Member

I can't believe they released that intentionally, lol.

I just played around with an EL apartment (Stonestreet Apartments #3) and although I can change a lot (which is really cool) it's also quite glitchy. For example I can apply single wallpaper on the lower floor (which doesn't belong to the apartment) but only wallpaper for the whole outside on the apartment itself. And all windows can be changed/moved except the ones on the front side...

Also, funny bug: while on a library lot Katrina Caliente (unplayed) went to a computer and tried to buy a mini-goat/sheep... My Sim got the pop-up with her picture, I bought an animal, paid and it went into Katrina's inventory, but she couldn't rename it, because she wasn't the owner, lol...

I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,539 Member
    Love that we can now change windows in apartments. Would be so nice if we could change the wallpaper and floors in the hallways as well, and the apartment doors.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 9,176 Member
    Very pleased to see the railings back on the steps :)

I’ve been lucky and out of touch apparently because until yesterday I didn’t even know this was a thing. My railings never stopped working, but thankfully for everyone who wasn’t so lucky they fixed it.🙂

This game is so bizarre sometimes.

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,056 Member
    Really appreciate the apartment changes. I don't care if new windows would clash with the shell, it'll be a lot of fun to customize my apartment how I want.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,967 Member
    @EnkiSchmidt That was clever and funny! Thanks for my Morning Chuckle!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,772 Member
    I know the patch has updated so that Tim’s take off their shoes when they are inside if that is how the house is set. Does this apply to slippers you think? Because the whole point of slippers is for them to be inside shoes
    Go Raptors!
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited December 2023
    Sims will be able to wear shoes or slippers inside or no shoes.

Patch notes quote:
    'Base Game Additions That’ll Knock Your Shoes Off
    In celebration of the release of For Rent, we have a few housewarming goodies coming to the Base Game. Along with a cozy new outfit that’ll have your Sims lounging in style, Sims can now interact with the Men’s Shoe Rack and Women’s Shoe Rack items from Base Game to set rules for the house determining whether or not shoes are removed at the door. Which means everyone will know whether or not your Sim is wearing socks under those sneakers (please, for my sanity, make sure they are!)'

Pic from The Sims Community 👉 here
    new-sims-4-update-screen-4.webp
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,539 Member
    They wear slippers but not ones you choose in CAS. Everybody gets to wear the same non-descript model.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 972 Member
    I'm REALLY glad to hear about the kitchen/bathroom sink. Now I can actually let my sims have sinks.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've filled up San Myshuno so it'll be great to make some changes. I could see having sims fix up the Needs TLC apartments and then changing out the dirty windows.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    I've filled up San Myshuno so it'll be great to make some changes. I could see having sims fix up the Needs TLC apartments and then changing out the dirty windows.

Nice! San Myshuno is fun. This will be like the suburbs, heh!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited December 2023
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Thanks, though I'm definitely not a purely or even mostly suburban player. I'm really thinking of Tomarang as a party city in my game but Windenburg is really one as well so it's not the first. What happens is that I have a high number of playable sims rotating and then I've edited most of the townies and characters like bartenders at some point. My sims keep running into others that they or I know. So, they go on vacation or out to a bar and they are with my other characters and everyone kind of knows everyone. It can be funny. I do tend to send certain sims to certain worlds or there's a logic to how they travel around but a lot of it is amusing chaos.

I'll add that one of my favorite worlds that surprised me was Strangerville because after playing the main story, I found the town so odd that I kept going back to play it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Thanks, though I'm definitely not a purely or even mostly suburban player. I'm really thinking of Tomarang as a party city in my game but Windenburg is really one as well so it's not the first. What happens is that I have a high number of playable sims rotating and then I've edited most of the townies and characters like bartenders at some point. My sims keep running into others that they or I know. So, they go on vacation or out to a bar and they are with my other characters and everyone kind of knows everyone. It can be funny. I do tend to send certain sims to certain worlds or there's a logic to how they travel around but a lot of it is amusing chaos.

I'm a bit "opposite" for that? I just went through and deleted a bunch of random generated NPC Sims. I like having Sim people from my households or 'unplayed' households that already exist and usually modified, or at least tweaked a bit with clothing and maybe a few skills. fill the NPC venue spots or be wandering around the area.

By the way, I'm sure there's a mod that stops, or at least minimizes the constant spamming of random NPCs. Do you, (or anyone reading this), happen to know where to find it?

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    edited December 2023
    ooh I'm so excited about the changes, now if we could just change the shared area that connects the apartments and outside as well, just as exciting as waiting for the preorder, at least I have to work so it'll make it feel like time is moving faster.

It is picky about what you can change here I remember when i first noticed this place I couldn't change all this but still.
    XDlW9SVh.png
    Z6z1XYAh.png
    BanXStkh.png
    4rEYYL9h.png
    I could access the bottom level of the fake sub level I wonder if this was a glitch or if we can actually change these when for rent is out. Also I wonder if it'll convert until I do the naps or whatever.
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png