The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Patch 12/5

Comments

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 763 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    What I don't get is it was working, then when I bought the "For Rent" pack, it stopped working.

When you start playing the game with your sim do you see the Welcome to MC Command Center notification pop up? If not then check your Game Options/Other and ensure that Mods and Script Mods options are checked. Sometimes new downloads disable this.

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    What I don't get is it was working, then when I bought the "For Rent" pack, it stopped working.

When you start playing the game with your sim do you see the Welcome to MC Command Center notification pop up? If not then check your Game Options/Other and ensure that Mods and Script Mods options are checked. Sometimes new downloads disable this.

I have resolved the problem through trail and error testing. :)
    Since I only want a few of the features, not all of them, I started with all the files in, then removed them one or two at a time down to the only ones I want to use.

Base MC:
    mc_cmd_center.package
    mc_cmd_center.ts4script

Add-on MC:

mc_cheats.ts4script
    mc_control.ts4script

So I recommend to anyone else that doesn't want to use all the features to put them all in, load the game, load a save, make sure it's working, then exit and delete the feature add-on modules you don't want.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 763 Member

This is the way... :)

Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations | 🌌Galaxy Far Away - Adventures on Batuu | 🌃Dark Matters - Crime stories
    My CC: 🎨 Caerfinon's Sims 4 Custom Content
  • Options
    Caerfinon wrote: »

This is the way... :)

...and that my friend, is how you reticulate splines! :D:p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 711 Member
    There's a bug where menus aren't showing for mods. Twisted Mexi has a temporary hotfix for it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,758 Member
    I had massive framedrops when I booted up the game in offline mode and I couldn't understand the issue. Turns out it was the Online Social Features Access in the Other settings in the game that caused it. If I disable it then the game runs smooth again.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    There's a bug where menus aren't showing for mods. Twisted Mexi has a temporary hotfix for it.

In addition to TMex's mod, you can install the updated Better Exceptions or updated MC Command Center. Note that there are many, many mod issues that this won't fix. It only relates to pop-up notifications/custom menus in script mods. Many modders have also updated their own mods to incorporate a fix for just that mod.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    The milestones bug is fixed!! @musteni
    Growing Together
    Playing other households will no longer cause Sims to forget certain achieved Milestones. In other words, the game will neither gaslight nor gatekeep your girlboss Sims anymore.

And they freed the City Living and Eco Living apartments?
    (to some extent, it appears??)

I know what I'll be playing around with this weekend :):)

I was super happy about this fix! I just tested it today and it is indeed working. I can play my main save again <3
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,138 Member
    Is it intentional change that we can now edit apartment windows, add wall decor to exterior AND add items downstairs of eco lifestyle apartments?

I need to know before I go crazy building all kinds of stuff and break my save :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,453 Member
    Yes, that's intentional.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Is it intentional change that we can now edit apartment windows, add wall decor to exterior AND add items downstairs of eco lifestyle apartments?

I need to know before I go crazy building all kinds of stuff and break my save :sweat_smile:

Yeppers! I wasn't expecting that, but they finally got the exterior of apartments buildable which is what was originally intended in Eco Lifestyles. B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Ah, so close
    b4Weidc.png
    9abvyi7.png
    yet so far away
    PX3s79r.png
    gjrZp6Y.png
    will need to routing test this all but seems promising so far
    NFi85LV.png
  • Options

@Simmingal You can't build in or around a neighbor's apartment. To do so either switch to that household or go into build from the world map for that specific apartment. I have noticed a little bit of overlap though so far. Basically 'shared common areas'. ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 976 Member
    @Simmingal You can't build in or around a neighbor's apartment. To do so either switch to that household or go into build from the world map for that specific apartment. I have noticed a little bit of overlap though so far. Basically 'shared common areas'. ;)

I ran into another problem. When the apartments on first floor are occupied, it looks like the ones on grond floor belongs to those on first floor.
    For instance, you can not enter apartment number 1 when number 3 and 4 are occupied. If so, whatever you do to apartment number 1 and 2 are paid by apartment three or four. How do you make the apartments on ground floor independent?
  • Options
    edited December 2023

I don't have the new pack
    these are the apartments that came with CL and EL and that balcony was never useable for some dumb reason to do with EL houses changing exteriors

I think we can only edit the exterior walls not interior hallways

and maybe top and bottom floors in some of them

still have to test the routing though I just went tad crazy putting stuff everywhere :lol:
  • Options
    funnily I don't really want to change windows much as I've already kind of designed these apartments based on where the windows are :lol: maybe with uptown or art district ones I've been troubled over forever hmm
  • Options
    KnukleurKnukleur Posts: 17 Member
    After the patch, when my sim moves from one residential house to another residential house, they lose the value of the old house. The "Simname household is moving" dialog will show the correct funds but after the lot loads for the new house, the household funds are reduced the exact amount of the old lot. I tried repairing the game and moving to a different lot and it still happened, this is without owning $40Rent and without mods, on PC.
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    The current patch made so many townies as well regular sims to be "vendors" career. I had to litterely use MCCC just to see which sim is caught in this mess and to reduce to make them properly unemployed.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    One of the patch notes mentioned the sims won't be constantly using their cell phones. My sims apparently didn't get the memo. They are still obsessed with the wretched things.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 6,073 Member
    musteni wrote: »
    The milestones bug is fixed!! @musteni
    Growing Together
    Playing other households will no longer cause Sims to forget certain achieved Milestones. In other words, the game will neither gaslight nor gatekeep your girlboss Sims anymore.

And they freed the City Living and Eco Living apartments?
    (to some extent, it appears??)

I know what I'll be playing around with this weekend :):)

I was super happy about this fix! I just tested it today and it is indeed working. I can play my main save again <3

Yay @musteni :)

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    9yrrvFch.png
    Did this little marker here also come with this patch, I feel like we always just assumed when plants were like this they might be broken. Now it says. I don't know.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    One of the patch notes mentioned the sims won't be constantly using their cell phones. My sims apparently didn't get the memo. They are still obsessed with the wretched things.

I have a mod that killed that. Mwahaha!!! :D

You can survive without your text and your apps, your beepy boops, your facy faces, and your tweety flaps.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    edited December 2023
    @Simmingal how are you placing items on roof of eco apartment or is this your own building? And you show a bottom floor as well?

Update: I managed some items and even a ladder/staircase to rooftop Strangely could add things like beds & chairs but not table. Can even put up a piano but not a chess board. No luck on a lower floor though?

update: Can place some items if using inventory but can't move them around

Tcw1lf6.png

kERwiu5.png
    Post edited by Bluegayle on
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    @Simmingal how are you placing items on roof of eco apartment or is this your own building? And you show a bottom floor as well?

these are apartments that came with evergreen harbor and san myshuno

latest update seems to have made it possible to add items in some parts of apartment lots (and stairs also seem to be placeable for evergreen harbor ones at least?)
    but its not really consistent

we also can't build anything just place items and some of them allow to change wallpaper and flooring but not all

I've yet to test if it all routes and works like i placed it though so I'll get back to you about that later :sweat_smile:

oh also it might be that you have to enable moveobjects on and enter the lot from manage worlds (but I am not certain for i always build via manage worlds and have moveobjects on)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    Thanks @Simmingal I've been playing and have added stairs (not fun) and put a ladder in one apartment so sim can access roof top. Some planter will place as well so yay for rooftop garden. However its hit and miss with items. Personal inventory helps with some items but not hosehold. LOL I will try going into empty building and try some more.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg