We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EP Patch 12/5

Comments

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,053 Member
    Super happy about the stair railings fix, functional vampire radiators, functional shoe racks, and giving us the ability to change San Myshuno apartment windows. :smiley:

I hope they continue to add functionality to a bunch of older items in the game....

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,776 Member
    Have we always been able to lower the platforms in the san myshuno apartments I never tried so I don't know.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited December 2023
    Why is hot water microwavable now in the game?
    Any why can sims drink it too? 💀
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 821 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Why is hot water microwavable now in the game?
    Any why can sims drink it too? 💀
    I find that kind of baffling too. It seems like an odd thing to add, maybe along the lines of some kind of in-joke maybe? Although when I was a child long ago my grandmother and some of the other old ladies used to drink hot water with lemon. They seemed convinced it was beneficial to digestion or headaches or mood or something, I can't really remember haha. I thought it was weird and gross then too. :lol:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    I’ve seen people heat water in the microwave, nothing new.
    just think it’s kinda sad at the state of the game when that is what hypes people
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,837 Member
    edited December 2023
    Everyone is talking about San Myshuno, but noone is talking about Stonestreet Apartments in Evergreen Harbor.
    There are a lot of pictures to share, so open the Spoilers to see why this apartment deserves special attention!
    You can modify windows of your unit. You can add wall decoration to the exterior of the apartment floor your unit is on. But Stonestreet Apartments, that is a different story!
    aet33w7a3veq.png

You can add objects outside your unit. There is plenty of space to put your stuff in! You can even put the objects in the first floor and make that space useful!
    yo4o6hd3nrck.png

This is the area you won't be able to add objects on (+the other unit too):
    51fyfbcwpho0.png

And yes, you can even build on the roof and even change the roof itself!
    4gogkbn9dmc7.png

And there you go! The amount of freedom this specific apartment offers is... wow. Plus loading into the other unit keeps the stuff on the lot, so you can treat it like a Residential Rental without For Rent!
    yjukao75tfnw.png

Now, it's Evergreen Harbor. It has N.A.P.s that change the look of the whole neighborhood, even the apartment. So, I tested out what would happen if something forced the apartment building to change. After enacting Modern Development with cheats, it first seemed everything was gone:
    lucqdaut55ga.png

But I loaded into the unit. Oh my. Everything was back, only doors, windows, and roof was changed! I had to put new doors to the bottom floor so sims can access that, but wow...
    ym50u27wzdvn.png

And sims can even access that bottom floors if you put doors there! Yes, the fake doors are still there and the game prevents you from deleting them, but you can put real doors on the same space! Yes, it will look like the door is glitched as it opens, yet doesn't seem to be open. But still, you can now go ahead and make the bottom floor rooms useful!
    qqew9zo5l7kt.png
    cmb3riilneh3.png

So then, Stonestreet Apartments for the win, I guess.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,837 Member
    Decided to check other apartments out. Some San Myshuno apartments also allows placement of objects in outside the building area, but that area is really small. Plus when you go up the floor and zoom into the shell building, you can place objects above apartments, which makes these useless to say at least. And I also checked out the other apartment in Evergreen Harbor. Yes, it also has a lot of room, but unfortunately, you still can't build on the balcony and you can't build in the shared area on the building (the elevator room and the hallway/balcony).

Stonestreet Apartment even allows you to build in the rooms below the livable units, so this one still wins!
  • PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 380 Member
    Ooo, you can place things around the building now?? Maybe that means I'll be able to remove the urn that got stuck in the corner of the lot when an NPC died! (When I update, that is. Still waiting for more bug reports...)
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,381 Member
    edited December 2023

Problem
    Community lots that have objects that are usually tended by an NPCs are missing the NPCs. This affects restaurants, bars, retail lots, lounges, etc

Cause
    The fix in Patch 1.103.250/1.84 for the Sim still being famous although opted out causes the NPCs to not spawn.

Solution
    Without Mod
    Make sure to turn off the option Sims Begin opted out of Fame in your settings when visiting a community lot that has a job NPC.

You can turn the option back on once the NPC is generated and doing their job.

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2023/12/no-job-npcs-on-community-lots/
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
    just think it’s kinda sad at the state of the game when that is what hypes people

I mean pretty sure many have. That's irl is not baffling, just sims since I figured it'd serve a purpose especially for base game than drinking hot water. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited December 2023
    I find that kind of baffling too. It seems like an odd thing to add, maybe along the lines of some kind of in-joke maybe? Although when I was a child long ago my grandmother and some of the other old ladies used to drink hot water with lemon. They seemed convinced it was beneficial to digestion or headaches or mood or something, I can't really remember haha. I thought it was weird and gross then too. :lol:

Possibly~ If it served purpose for prepping or anything that'd be pretty neat. But guess sims can just drink hot water just for taste alone. Actually my grandmother swore by hot water and lemon too.

I'm gonna cry if sims start microwaving a cup of water autonomously by choice when they use the microwave. :bawling:

But I am going to put that as a choice at a restaurant just to make all customers tense to angry.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,105 Member

Possibly~ If it served purpose for prepping or anything that'd be pretty neat. But guess sims can just drink hot water just for taste alone. Actually my grandmother swore by hot water and lemon too.

I'm gonna cry if sims start microwaving a cup of water autonomously by choice when they use the microwave. :bawling:

But I am going to put that as a choice at a restaurant just to make all customers tense to angry.
    In the live stream they said they added the hot water to the microwave because some builds don’t have a lot of counter space for so many small appliances (or something like that). I guess it’s to add the tea/coffee/hot chocolate features from the new kettle that comes with For rent.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,872 Member

I mean pretty sure many have. That's irl is not baffling, just sims since I figured it'd serve a purpose especially for base game than drinking hot water. :#

Maybe later they will give us instant tea, or instant coco or one of those instant soups you can add it too later. For right now, I don’t find much use for them heating water…… could it possibly be a hint to something like this?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,872 Member

You know what would be really cool to add to exterior walls are those transfers, like the bike that they added to put inside on brick walls, some of them make more sense on the outside.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,458 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I've filled up San Myshuno so it'll be great to make some changes. I could see having sims fix up the Needs TLC apartments and then changing out the dirty windows.

Nice! San Myshuno is fun. This will be like the suburbs, heh!

Thanks, though I'm definitely not a purely or even mostly suburban player. I'm really thinking of Tomarang as a party city in my game but Windenburg is really one as well so it's not the first. What happens is that I have a high number of playable sims rotating and then I've edited most of the townies and characters like bartenders at some point. My sims keep running into others that they or I know. So, they go on vacation or out to a bar and they are with my other characters and everyone kind of knows everyone. It can be funny. I do tend to send certain sims to certain worlds or there's a logic to how they travel around but a lot of it is amusing chaos.

I'm a bit "opposite" for that? I just went through and deleted a bunch of random generated NPC Sims. I like having Sim people from my households or 'unplayed' households that already exist and usually modified, or at least tweaked a bit with clothing and maybe a few skills. fill the NPC venue spots or be wandering around the area.

By the way, I'm sure there's a mod that stops, or at least minimizes the constant spamming of random NPCs. Do you, (or anyone reading this), happen to know where to find it?

I don't think we play that differently. I've also deleted my share of NPCs but I've edited some that stay in the game and the ones I make playable are often ones that I've edited or restyled. I don't play with mods but the usual answer is MCCC so I'd look at that one first.

I'll also just say that I really have a varied game so it's actually hard to generalize. I definitely have some suburban Sims but often they get a bit quirky in some way.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • WhubbleWhubble Posts: 62 Member
    So the ability to change windows on San Myshuno apartments was added in this patch?

I thought it was a glitch! Thanks for sharing.
    The Sims is not a game, its a lifestyle choice.
    My 100-Baby Challenge: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/public/62958b4f386aab7c7a1f98c2
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,056 Member
    Unfortunately, the new patch completely borked the only mod I have, and now I have to wait until they release a new version :(
    Lol.
    I've only played a little since the patch released but I think I've noticed a difference.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 268 Member
    ^ My rampaging Werewolf uses his cellphone even more than before. :o

One of my Sims in San Myshuno has developed an obession with cleanliness. She has full bars, but has tried to shower 3 times, only to exit immediatly.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    The game is moving so slow now.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,286 Member
    Tammors wrote: »
    The game is moving so slow now.

Now that you mention it, I have been getting lag since the patch also.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

After buying "For Rent", MCCC is no longer working. It was working before getting the EP.

I've done a complete reinstall several times with all packs with "For Rent" downloaded and without it downloaded. MCCC is still not working. It is currently the only Mod I have installed. (No CC either) And only Cmd Center, Control, and Cheats. No other modules from MCCC.

Anyone else having this problem? Is it in the process of being updated or am I the only one where it's not working?

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 424 Member
    edited December 2023
    Is it in the process of being updated or am I the only one where it's not working

Make sure your version of MCCC is 2023.7.1 it was updated for the Dec 5th patch. You can find it here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/downloads.html
    Cheers
    C.
    Social Media: 🐘@[email protected] | 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | All my Sims link
    Caerfinon wrote: »
    Is it in the process of being updated or am I the only one where it's not working

Make sure your version of MCCC is 2023.7.1 it was updated for the Dec 5th patch. You can find it here: https://deaderpool-mccc.com/downloads.html

Thank you. Yes I have that version of MCCC. What I don't get is it was working, then when I bought the "For Rent" pack, it stopped working. I have done a complete reinstall of the game (several times) and only have the MCCC files in the Mod folder now. I'm trying to ask for help in the Discord channel but I have "no access".

The menu icon or button whatever you want to call it is there, but clicking on it does nothing. I've tried with both testingcheats on and off.

Cheers,
    Admiral 8Q
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png