Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the new EP cars or apartments?

Comments

• Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    So here, I'm manifesting...
    The new pack will feature:
    1. Apartment buildings (instead of apartments) where you can visit neighbors without going through a loading screen. Simguru Ash said that the TS2 apartments were the best ones and she hopes TS4 can outdo them.
    2. New ways to gossip. Sims are now able to collect info about other sims (ex. A sim sees another sim cheating on their partner, or a vampire drinking from another sim etc) and they are also able to pass this info to other sims through gossip.
    3. New feature. Opinions. A sim learning new info about another sim (as described above) might form a positive or negative opininion about the sim in question.
    4. New feature. Values. Sims who are owners of an apartment can organize a HOA meeting and vote on various topics. Sims will vote according to their personal values. Ex. A sim who values safety will vote pro hiring private security.
    5. New neighboorhood jobs. House flipper, neighboorhood technician, neighboorhood burglar.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I consider Horse Ranch a game pack because despite horses taking a lot of resources, Dogs & Cats gave us more.

I also consider Home Decorator and My Wedding Story as stuff packs, because they just don't have the level of game play I'd expect in a game pack.

I would not be surprised if there was internal discussion about the rankings of those three packs.

I don't think Cats and Dogs gave us that much more.
    They gave us vet clinic ,world and two flesh out pet...

Horse ranch gave us one huge flesh out pet.One new skill nectar making.Two mini pets sheep's and goats.
    One world
    Two events Dance off and Ranch day

Ranch Hands

This is not me saying that is worth 40.00 dollars,but if was game packs we would not had all those things.

Why I did not Like Wedding Stories it was not a stuff pack

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited September 2023
    These are options from the survey they did in 2020 that we still haven't seen and could possibly fit into a "neighborly" EP.
    57ePt52.png
    I2GO3bJ.png
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Are burglars neighborly?? Neighborhood watch? Neighborhood moms?
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Ugh, when will they give us hotels? I'm sick of Airbnb style rentals.
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    it would be fun to be landlords and have rental property
  • Options
    brubru1998brubru1998 Posts: 3 New Member
    I don't think that the pack is Hotel and cars. The keys, look like real estate/landlords.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2023
    You can be neighborly with a dragon
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    You can be neighborly with a dragon

I'm currently reading "The Dragons" by Douglas Niles. It's part of the dragonlance series. It's so good!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2023
    I doubt it to be honest.

Maybe a new city world with maybe a few apartment shells here and there, but that's about it I guess?
    Cars? Gave up on that a long time ago, so not expecting them now.

The ability to build our own apartments? Great, but I don't believe they will do it (unfortunately).
    And the fact they dump EP's on us like crazy now, and the fact that the last EP felt really underwhelming and not even worth to be an EP, doesn't give me any hope that the next ''EP'' will not be lackluster and just a GP sold as EP.

We will see.
  • Options
    DahlowNuitDahlowNuit Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't like cars they are useless in a world like this. This isn't GTA. Please something useful. Anything but cars!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    DahlowNuit wrote: »
    I don't like cars they are useless in a world like this. This isn't GTA. Please something useful. Anything but cars!

Hello, it's The Sims 2 calling! ;)
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    cars and hotels would be nice but as a player all i can say is only time will say
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

This right here.

TS2 had cars in it and that game was a closed world where your sims walked or drove to the edge of the lot and then vanished until it was time for them to come back. Cars wasn't useless in that game in my opinion as you could sit in your car and listen to music, cuddle with another sims and then make out with your sim partner. You could even have an alarm installed in your car in case another sim tried to steal it. So yeah, they're not useless in my opinion if you have interaction options to choose from... :)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Car#:~:text=Cars are much more animated,or cat in or out.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't think either of those warrant an expansion pack, honestly. We have apartments and cars should be a base game update for everyone.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

This right here.

TS2 had cars in it and that game was a closed world where your sims walked or drove to the edge of the lot and then vanished until it was time for them to come back. Cars wasn't useless in that game in my opinion as you could sit in your car and listen to music, cuddle with another sims and then make out with your sim partner. You could even have an alarm installed in your car in case another sim tried to steal it. So yeah, they're not useless in my opinion if you have interaction options to choose from... :)
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Car#:~:text=Cars are much more animated,or cat in or out.

You can tell when it's simmers from Sims 3 but yeah Sims 2 was a closed with cars but lots and lots of gameplay I want the Sims 4 to expand on it like have a job with your car like Simber, or Simber Eats. Learning to drive the car, wash, sleep in car, work on car if it breaks down.
  • Options
    I don't think either of those warrant an expansion pack, honestly. We have apartments and cars should be a base game update for everyone.

Yeah I believe it may be patched in but Knowing how they did infants well probably need to buy the pack to get more gameplay.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    lisasc360 wrote: »

This right here.

I remember well that in TS2, I never thought cars were something that I wanted or needed, but then it ended up being one of my favorite family activities for a parent or older sibling to work together with one of the teens in the family to restore a car. Considering that friend/family group activities have been sorely lacking in TS4-- although Growing Together was a great step forward-- I would really love to see this option return. And I haven't given up all hope that it will, eventually.

That being said, I'm skeptical that it's happening in this particular EP.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks the set of keys points to hotels/resorts as opposed to apartments/real estate?
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I play "neighborhoods" already with no loading screen since the roommate system was released with Discover University. . Build an apartment/townhouse or multiple homes on 1 big lot. Advertise for roommates, when someone moves in you assign their bed in whichever house/apartment you want them to stay in and lock/unlock doors accordingly. You only have to control your sim and the roommates pay you rent when the bills are due. If the EP is about this playstyle I wonder how they'll expand on it. A new city with a huge mix of apartments and houses is what I hope we get.
  • Options
    Muzieman02Muzieman02 Posts: 2 New Member
    Perhaps an ability to have communal areas within an apartment block, for example a games room (great opportunity to bring back the pool table) or a BBQ patio. Sims from other apartments will drop by and mingle together.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I believe that cars might be coming in the Neighborly Pre EP Patch. The Livestream did have horns blowing. I'm not giving up on cars. They could still work in TS4 by hitting a loading screen and they could still add the TS2 Interactions.
  • Options
    I believe that cars might be coming in the Neighborly Pre EP Patch. The Livestream did have horns blowing. I'm not giving up on cars. They could still work in TS4 by hitting a loading screen and they could still add the TS2 Interactions.

I want TS4 to have TS2 style cars.
    I don't want open worlds, color wheels, etc. I just want my sims to own and park cars that match their personalities.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited September 2023
    For me a neighborhood pack sounds more like apartments than cars, though both would be welcome. Things I would really want in a neighborhood pack:
    • The ability to build apartments and/or townhouses
    • The ability to own, sell and rent out property (real estate "career")
    • Aspirations connected to owning property
    • Multi purpose lots (so you can rent space to a store and a café and apartments)
    • More neighborhood objects, like different types of playgrounds, and the ability to change off lot objects (press setting and change color or look of a playground or ice rink)
    • The ability to create events and festivals for a town (I know this isn't likely to happen, but I'd love a wintersfest market in Windenburg)
    • More lot traits, like office, different dress codes, the ability to set who are more likely to spawn in a location.
    • Old time newspaper/working landline (hopefully a basegame update)
    • Working doorbell (again, love it if it was a basegame update)

If I could dream, this would also come with an expansion of the neighborhood system:
    • A basegame update to neighborhood stories that includes YA leaving for uni/jobs, people moving in together or getting married.
    • Aspirations as match maker to go with this new basegame update (in pack) along with more interactions for hooking people up.
    • A romance system and dating app for the computer/phone/newspaper
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options

I swear like right when they announced the stuff pack trailer they had a sim walking down the street on one side we saw Sims talking but that's normal but on the other we saw cars were driving up and down the street they never done that before but that's another hint to cars are coming in my opinion.