Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the new EP cars or apartments?

Comments

• Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Im hopeful its an EP with an ACTUAL CITY since we've gotten so many new worlds that are just small town, middle of nowhere or soccer mom suburbia concepts. Especially if buildable apartments are a thing, then I can actually do something with all the apartments Ive built in my game but can't really treat them as such.

Apartments can be found anywhere,not just big cities.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    edited September 2023
    I wonder if they managed to make three EPs for this year because they have opened Maxis Europe? Do you think the new EP was made by Maxis Europe? If yes, I'm very curious to see their take on a new world. In BTS we were informed that they are interesting in bringing European elements to the game, like dishes over the sink.
    On the other hand I wonder if maybe the world from the new pack will be Asian? Based on the food we see on the banners.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    In Behind the Sims, a new EP was announced and most of the visuals in the road map had to do with the SP Home Chef Hustle. But the keys and mail were the exception. Also, there was definitely beeping horns and traffic sounds in the background.

The keys did not look like car keys though, and they had a house shaped key chain. What do you think?

Hmm I didn't notice the beeping horns and traffic sounds.

It's after they take the teapot away you'll hear a beeping horn that kind of doesn't fit in the beat.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    edited September 2023
    My WISH is that we can finally have open neighborhoods. Where we can visit our neighbors and go to other lots without loading screens. If we get this and cars I dare to say Sims 4 would finally feel in league with TS3.
    Post edited by sam123 on
  • Options
    sam123 wrote: »
    My WISH is that we can finally have open neighborhoods. Where we can visit our neighbors and go to other lots without loading screens. If we get this and cars I dare to say Sims 4 would finally feel in league with TS3.

I've been saying open neighborhood since the Sims first started at least knock on the neighbors door but it's like Sims 2 so yeah.
  • Options
    sam123sam123 Posts: 4,539 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »

I've been saying open neighborhood since the Sims first started at least knock on the neighbors door but it's like Sims 2 so yeah.

Yeah it would make such a massive difference to this game. I'm not sure if it is possible since I think it would have to change the core code of the game (I'm assuming).
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Wait asian food tea pot and city

asian city?
    pottery?
    lots of neighbors?
    china?

*gets yeeted out for again overthinking it*
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited September 2023
    I'm seeing a lot of apartments speculation and I think I'm going to be a little disappointed if it does turn out to be apartments because... they're already in the game? Regardless if they get a massive overhaul and are expanded into existing worlds, wasn't that the whole point of City Living? There's a massive list of things that players have been asking for, it would be a shame to repeat something that already exists in game. I think if they did overhaul, it should be offered as a pack refresh or a base game update to roll it out to all worlds.

I think there's got to be more to it than just that though...
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Glamoursky wrote: »
    > @logion said:
    > Cars? Or am I just seeing car hints everywhere these days?

Where do you see cars in the pad thai????

not an actual car, lol, the letters.

edhVCab.png

Ok that’s it. I want whatever you just had.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    City Living and Eco Lifestyle combo. Apartment buildings instead of just apartments and community gameplay!
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    In Behind the Sims, a new EP was announced and most of the visuals in the road map had to do with the SP Home Chef Hustle. But the keys and mail were the exception. Also, there was definitely beeping horns and traffic sounds in the background.

The keys did not look like car keys though, and they had a house shaped key chain. What do you think?

Well, there were 2 keys, meaning one could be for a car. Or maybe a sim will be able to own 2 residences.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I google image searched "hustle and bustle" and it finds lots of crowded intersections with traffic and people walking in cities.

I want townhouses and multifamily lots.
  • Options

Yeah it would make such a massive difference to this game. I'm not sure if it is possible since I think it would have to change the core code of the game (I'm assuming).

Oh yeah that's why I said its like Sims 2 yes it was a closed world but we still had vechiles. Like I want to see taxis, buses, school buses, maid, nanny, ice cream truck, mail truck, delivery driver and truck.
  • Options
    I google image searched "hustle and bustle" and it finds lots of crowded intersections with traffic and people walking in cities.

I want townhouses and multifamily lots.

That's why I'm saying cars because it's like a fast paced city surely apartments and townhomes are not busy but the traffic and crowded people are so... cars might be patched in.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Maybe the apartments in the game will get updated so we can make changes to the outside, change windows, etc. The hustle and bustle of a city with multi level apartments, they may fix the elevators to work like sims 3. Being able to build our own apartments would be nice. Also owning more than one home or owning rental property. I like what others have said about transportation would love to see my sims riding a tram.

I would love an Asian themed city or another European style. I like what the devs have been doing this year with the game and game play nice improvements. I still have cc but not as much as before. I do wish the would do a collab for nice make up.

The person that saw cars in the noodle plate that was neat, but could be and very imaginative. Time will tell.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Esia wrote: »
    I also noticed:
    "get busy",
    heart dhaped bed in the BTS video,
    passion and love mentioned on the website,
    heart shaped waffles in the banner.

Is it possible that romance will be an aspect of the new expansion pack?

They recently did hint about a romance pack so who knows? Even if it isn't a romance pack this pack could still add the heart bed especially if it's adding hotels.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

I don't think they can update the world to have seemless hoods with no loading screens because of the game engine but what they probably can do is add roads for cars and open up the bodies of water in the default worlds for swimming and Brendleton Bay as well.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    Apartments in the Sims 2 were actually better, because we could build them :/
    All I want is building apartments and multi purpose lots. If this is what this expansion/update before it is about, I'm all for it. And I think it would be very different to City living.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I wonder if they managed to make three EPs for this year because they have opened Maxis Europe? Do you think the new EP was made by Maxis Europe? If yes, I'm very curious to see their take on a new world. In BTS we were informed that they are interesting in bringing European elements to the game, like dishes over the sink.
    On the other hand I wonder if maybe the world from the new pack will be Asian? Based on the food we see on the banners.
    Seeing how much content they put into the last expansion I'm not surprised they could put out 3 "expansions" the horse pack was a game pack at best.

Everyone mentioning apartments makes me sad we continue to pay for features they won't give us to build on our own and beg to pay for it again and again. Building your own apartments should have come with City Living the only exceptions with preexisting apartments should be those shell lots in city worlds otherwise we should have been given the tools to do it ourselves years ago with an expansion that should have expanded the game with its features. Most expansions should be called mini games like the high school being locked to one world the game rarely overall is expanded besides Seasons.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Cars? Or am I just seeing car hints everywhere these days?

NkH1rZq.png

Totally agree with you on this one.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2023
    I feel like they wouldn't write a wordthat's in one language in noodles in an image if they use the same visuals in every language they advertise in.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I feel like they wouldn't write a wordthat's in one language in noodles in an image if they use the same visuals in every language they advertise in.

Maybe it's not cars but motorcycles. They are quite popular in south east Asia, everybody has one. They also have bustling cities there.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    edited September 2023
    I'm hoping this is some type of Apartments, FreeTime, Late Night type of content or something even better than that. I know City Living was supposed to be that type of release but back in the day when we got the surveys about upcoming packs one of them was called METROPOLIS and honestly San Myshuno seems so empty and not busy enough for that type of gameplay. So I'm hoping that a decade later they do things right now.

I love that they didn't move from apartments right after City Living and we still got some with Eco Lifestyle but got disappointed that they could've put a couple more on Growing Together since it's based on San Francisco. We don't even have a name or confirmation of what it is yet and I'm already coming up with these ideas.
    Post edited by AlanSims on
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Seeing how much content they put into the last expansion I'm not surprised they could put out 3 "expansions" the horse pack was a game pack at best.

Everyone mentioning apartments makes me sad we continue to pay for features they won't give us to build on our own and beg to pay for it again and again. Building your own apartments should have come with City Living the only exceptions with preexisting apartments should be those shell lots in city worlds otherwise we should have been given the tools to do it ourselves years ago with an expansion that should have expanded the game with its features. Most expansions should be called mini games like the high school being locked to one world the game rarely overall is expanded besides Seasons.

The horse pack was not game pack.I would consider it an more than game pack.Horses did take a lot of resources.I think it is worth more 20.00 dollars but not 40.00.I think 30.00 dollars is more fair value.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    edited September 2023
    I consider Horse Ranch a game pack because despite horses taking a lot of resources, Dogs & Cats gave us more.

I also consider Home Decorator and My Wedding Story as stuff packs, because they just don't have the level of game play I'd expect in a game pack.

I would not be surprised if there was internal discussion about the rankings of those three packs.