Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the new EP cars or apartments?

In Behind the Sims, a new EP was announced and most of the visuals in the road map had to do with the SP Home Chef Hustle. But the keys and mail were the exception. Also, there was definitely beeping horns and traffic sounds in the background.

The keys did not look like car keys though, and they had a house shaped key chain. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    edited September 2023
    I'm guessing house/apartment keys. As we can already lock doors probably was just a visual prop.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    I'm guessing house/apartment keys. As we can already lock doors probably was just a visual prop.

A lot of people on X are talking about improved apartments, or buildable apartment lots. One person posting an old survey about being a mayor and decorating the town the way you like. If it's that, I'm going to make a cult.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    edited September 2023
    I’m leaning more towards apartments/rental/real estate pack potentially in a new city world hence the car traffic noise in the background. Maybe a car update before the pack release. Fingers crossed!

Edit: multi-purpose lots would be an absolute dream come true!
    Post edited by GracieO312 on
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    For the first time I have no idea as in my head I’m seeing a family community which is what we got with growing together. Except the world is so empty. This for me feels like when they released the teaser for eco lifestyle where I really don’t know what to expect and I like it. I hope whatever the next ep is looks better then the horse one as that didn’t appeal to me at all and I won’t get it until it’s at least on a 50% sale
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'm leaning towards both just cars might be patched in. Hopefully we get Leaks from the upcoming expansion pack.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    From the roadmap images and description I really don’t see cars coming in the EP. Maybe they’ll come in an update, but the EP seems much more buildings/community focused. I have no ideas for what that could mean that we don’t to some extent have already. I’m hoping we get some hints or teasers (or leaks) soon.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    "Get busy", "Neighbourly", "Hustle and Bustle", house keys and house mail....

- New city world?
    - Apartments, townhouses, row houses (multi-family)?
    - Riding a transit bus, an el-train, or tram to get to various locations?
    - Some type of 'city life' stylized career? (real estate, banking, transit operator)

I don't think cars play any part in this roadmap. But to be honest, I'm at a total loss on all the hints for this one... nothing really jumps out as being super obvious to me.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    I saw on Reddit someone analyzing the food and suspecting a South Asian city. If they give us an India inspired city that will be cool.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    I really don't see them releasing a new EP focusing on apartments when it already was the focus in CL. If the focus is indeed on apartments, I trust the Sims team to expand on many side mechanics. Growing Together's premise was simplistic but the actual EP was meaty.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m so badly hoping for a new city and some new apartments! Tbh the first thing that came to mind when I saw the roadmap was the apartments and neighbour interactions from TS2 Apartment Life which was one of my fav packs, so, though it’s a long shot, I really hope we have something that reminds me of that. I’d love for them to add something that spices up living on that kind of lot.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    As long as they increase the height of buildings and fix the camera isssues. I’d love to build my own 10 storey apartment in San Myshuno filled with interesting characters!
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I'm hoping we'll be able to create apartments in Oasis Springs,Forgotten Hollow,Sulani,Brindleton Bay,etc. It's so boring just having apartments in San Myshuno and Evergreen Harbor.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Cars? Or am I just seeing car hints everywhere these days?

NkH1rZq.png
  • Options
    GlamourskyGlamoursky Posts: 12 New Member
    > @logion said:
    > Cars? Or am I just seeing car hints everywhere these days?

Where do you see cars in the pad thai????
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited September 2023
    meanwhile we have literally no other info besides neighbors and what i interpret to be house keys and letter

I'm dreaming of something like

• TS2 freetime (being part of community/hobby group with neighbors)
    •townhouses bringing neighbors near?
    •letters and newspapers and landline phones which have been on streams since...last year?
    •new social events? to do with death? grim has been speculated about for a while
    •heart bed, to disturb your neighbors :sweat_smile:
    •thiefs being neighborhood nuisance
    •bad neighborhoods? mayhaps?
    •Urbz they mentioned it a lot in the stream and i do wonder if it was a coincidence that game had lots to do with all different kinds of neighborhoods
    •townie toggles cause i swear if we have another pack about the neighbor thing and all these lovely premade sims and i still have to deal with endless spawn of randomized nobodies imma 😤
    •new build features? like we had spiral stairs in apartment life?
    •maybe kids could get interactions to play with other kids as they now have neighbors to play with? idk?

I'm obviously overthinking it though
    all they said was neighbors dang it simmingal :sweat_smile:

then again it could also be cars and townhouses, simultaneously who knows
    cars always remind me of those townhouse like buildings in nightlife with built in garages n all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    Glamoursky wrote: »
    > @logion said:

I was really going crossed eyed looking for a car somewhere in the dish- but no- certain there isnt lol @Glamoursky
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited September 2023
    I really wanted cars, but if they can do some sort of multipurpose lot - like apartments on top of business, ... that would free up so much real estate and I can stop the generational housing situation everyone is in. I want cooler apartments townhouses with pizzeria or something downstairs, apartments, rentals over bars... The lots currently have room for it, but the gameplay doesnt exist. City Living is rad, but not exactly real city living.

Someone mentioned maybe you have the opportunity to b&b your place wish would be cool too. I would like to also add other things you can do to you place like run a business downstairs or own wedding venue , vineyard.... with active career and gameplay.
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    To me the little house decor item attached to the keys was the team's way of telling us quite explicitly that those were not car keys.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im hopeful its an EP with an ACTUAL CITY since we've gotten so many new worlds that are just small town, middle of nowhere or soccer mom suburbia concepts. Especially if buildable apartments are a thing, then I can actually do something with all the apartments Ive built in my game but can't really treat them as such.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    In Behind the Sims, a new EP was announced and most of the visuals in the road map had to do with the SP Home Chef Hustle. But the keys and mail were the exception. Also, there was definitely beeping horns and traffic sounds in the background.

The keys did not look like car keys though, and they had a house shaped key chain. What do you think?

Hmm I didn't notice the beeping horns and traffic sounds.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Glamoursky wrote: »
    > @logion said:

not an actual car, lol, the letters.

edhVCab.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I hope this EP has Hotels and more Pool Items.
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    I also noticed:
    "get busy",
    heart dhaped bed in the BTS video,
    passion and love mentioned on the website,
    heart shaped waffles in the banner.

Is it possible that romance will be an aspect of the new expansion pack?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Esia wrote: »
    I also noticed:
    "get busy",
    heart dhaped bed in the BTS video,
    passion and love mentioned on the website,
    heart shaped waffles in the banner.

Is it possible that romance will be an aspect of the new expansion pack?

They always have the heart shaped bed on the set of Behind the Sims, I wouldn't read too much into it by now, that's uposed to be Mersea's room. I thought it was funny she used an oversized whisk to prepare the waffles. :lol:
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Mmm I love waffles yum yum