Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the new EP cars or apartments?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    I am really only interested in hotels. It has been a while since those of us who like to run businesses in-game have been given a new option.

I despise landlords so hope it is not real estate. The only benefit to that is being able to create a landlord sim then plan their early demise 😈
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I swear to God, if people have asked for hotels all these years, and they end up giving us AirBnB instead...
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I swear to God, if people have asked for hotels all these years, and they end up giving us AirBnB instead...

We already have Airbnb though in game like those vacation homes which I thought and still think is not a bright idea but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I would love to have the return of Sims 2 townhouse style buildings. I would be thrilled if this were added in.
    ....However, realistically speaking, I doubt it will happen. More than likely, I'm guessing this pack will be about either-

1. A bed & breakfast/ Airbnb system. Rent out your house for travelers, or own a separate house that you can rent out to tourist sims. Traveling sims will rate your house on cleanliness and how nice the room is.
    2. Real Estate. Build and design houses and sell them to sims. It will bring back the Architect career from the Sims 3. You can also now own multiple houses and potentially own businesses in town.

While I would love the return of real apartments and cars, I'm skeptical that they will make a return. These are my realistic speculations of what the next expansion will be.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »

We already have Airbnb though in game like those vacation homes which I thought and still think is not a bright idea but that's just my opinion.

Your sims can stay at vacation homes, however your sims can't run their own vacation homes. I would not be surprised if this is the focus of the pack. I agree, I would be very disappointed if this is the focus of the pack. It seems like such a low effort theme to pick, especially since they can reuse so many gameplay features that are already in the game.
    I would much rather have townhouse style apartments or cars.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Please no hotels in this pack, oh gosh, I hope it will be cars or apartments or anything but hotels...well hotels are not as important as townhouses or customizable apartments in my personal opinion, also if I remember correctly, it was said somewhere years ago back when Dine Out was about to release or was already released in 2016, it was said they won't be able to do traditional hotels because of the way The Sims 4 room system is coded. The game apparently is (unless they changed the coding in some update that occured after this info was said somewhere by a reliable source) unable to recognize which room is which or something along those lines. So maybe only resorts like in The Sims 3 Island Paradise would be doable but Sims 2-like hotels? Maybe not...I kind of hope hotels are only coming in 2024, no need to rush entire game-breaking big gameplay systems and features this fast and cram them all in one pack...I mean look what happened when they tried that with Get To Work. Retail was clearly the main feature that suffered the most from rushing all the 3 active careers + retail + aliens in one expansion pack that tried to do too many things at once at the cost of the other big features like retail and aliens suffering. I mean the active careers were and are still pretty enjoyable and wonderful for me, but the way aliens kind of felt rushed, not to mention retail, I really wish they could refresh this EP. But oh well...hopefully this one won't try something as crazy like for example, Hotels + Real Estate + Custom Apartments + Cars + City world all in one expansion pack, so that we won't need to see countless posts complaining here after the EP is out how they forgot to add this and that to this one particular feature in the pack etc...wouldn't it be better from some point of views to split these features into their own pack so that we can get as much out of these features as we have hoped for? I am just worried it will end up disappointing some players, I hope not. :neutral:
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    Please no hotels in this pack, oh gosh, I hope it will be cars or apartments or anything but hotels...well hotels are not as important as townhouses or customizable apartments in my personal opinion, also if I remember correctly, it was said somewhere years ago back when Dine Out was about to release or was already released in 2016, it was said they won't be able to do traditional hotels because of the way The Sims 4 room system is coded. The game apparently is (unless they changed the coding in some update that occured after this info was said somewhere by a reliable source) unable to recognize which room is which or something along those lines. So maybe only resorts like in The Sims 3 Island Paradise would be doable but Sims 2-like hotels? Maybe not..

Hotels in TS2 were same as apartments and room/apartment space was defined by the hotel or apartment door. We already have lockable doors in TS4, so not sure why it wouldn't be possible to apply the system to hotels and buildable apartments.
  • Options
    I much would rather have a vacation expansion pack the only vacation pack jungle adventure and that's a game pack I would want an expansion pack with hotels resorts beaches where Sims can either relax or go on an adventure. Get the relaxed moodlet like in Sims 2 when they come back.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    cody6268 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the set of keys points to hotels/resorts as opposed to apartments/real estate?

Well there have been more people asking for motels and resorts than real estate on here for sure. I’m hoping you are right!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2023
    Out of curiosity I did a search and Hotel and AirBnB keys.
    The hotel key search reveal plastic rounded point plumbob shaped key fobs.

The AirBnb yielded these:
    Screenshot_2023-10-07_at_11-04-15_042617_airbnb.jpeg_(JPEG_Image_1024_440_pixels).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot_2023-10-07_at_11-04-52_462eaf60-e4b0-4069-b95a-794990cfb73c.jpeg_(PNG_Image_3239_2160_pixels)_Scaled_(61_).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot_2023-10-07_at_11-13-00_adobe_139467824_optimized-scaled-e1631287800928.jpg_(JPEG_Image_700_467_pixels).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Out of curisoity I did a search and Hotel and AirBnB keys.

Screenshot_2023-10-07_at_11-04-15_042617_airbnb.jpeg_(JPEG_Image_1024_440_pixels).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot_2023-10-07_at_11-04-52_462eaf60-e4b0-4069-b95a-794990cfb73c.jpeg_(PNG_Image_3239_2160_pixels)_Scaled_(61_).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Screenshot_2023-10-07_at_11-13-00_adobe_139467824_optimized-scaled-e1631287800928.jpg_(JPEG_Image_700_467_pixels).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Most hotels use keycards nowadays, not keys. I don't think those keys are for hotels, unless you buy the whole building. The only place I see people getting keys is when they buy a house or a car.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    Out of curisoity I did a search and Hotel and AirBnB keys.

Most hotels use keycards nowadays, not keys. I don't think those keys are for hotels, unless you buy the whole building. The only place I see people getting keys is when they buy a house or a car.

The point wasn't literal.
    I was curious if someone creative was looking for inspiration through an image search related to Hotels and BNBs, would the image of a house fob on a key-chain pop up.

It did.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    I won't cry if we get both :smiley:
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    Man I hope it's not Airbnb type of expansion pack because their idea of expansion pack theme is eh? especially with horse ranch. Also neighborly doesn't really sound like an Airbnb to me though more like apartments and townhomes, maybe we can become a live in owner/manager to collect rent from tenants in apartments.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    asa144 wrote: »
    I am really only interested in hotels. It has been a while since those of us who like to run businesses in-game have been given a new option.

I despise landlords so hope it is not real estate. The only benefit to that is being able to create a landlord sim then plan their early demise 😈

Hotels can be part of real-estate. People buy hotel franchises so I'm hoping hotels are in this pack.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Spiral staircases are often found in small apartments/townhouses…
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hm…

Not looking forward to hotels or cars. Oh well, I really liked horses and the new world. Can’t expect every pack to be to my liking.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I would like the landlord concept if it can also be used to build hotel-ish lots. Most important isthat such a new feature would *not* be restricted to a new worrld, but be totally up to us. I can live without the addition of cars, but if they are just a small part of a ack then fine, if they are the main feature, I'll probably just skip the pack.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    ShannonMarie_76ShannonMarie_76 Posts: 46 Member
    Hoping apartments, I have been waiting 9 years, since sims 4 came out lol and we really do not need cars when we do not have an open world and it really won't make any different for travel.