Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your thoughts on the items of the Horse Ranch pack

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    @RememberJoy oh my - thank you for putting this together!
    This is really helpful and I have no idea why the sims team doesn't do it like this in the first place instead of throwing it all together...

I like the option: before he fell from the horse- after he fell from the horse ^^'
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,140 Member
    OK, now for the horses!

Horses have received around 40 new CAS items with this pack.

Two bridles...
    ogBhUa7.jpg

Three saddles and two saddle blankets...
    Uzu31A3.jpg

Four head accessories with one being for foals...
    378UvZm.jpg

Six mane bangs for horses and what looks like two for foals...
    nvMf1jl.jpg
    q7tedFa.jpg

Seven manes...
    On closer inspection I think 4 and 7 might be for foals.
    EjWaTcg.jpg

Five tails and two tail accessories...
    Number three for foals?
    aHsULZg.jpg

Four hoof features and one pair of leg warmers.
    Number 2 for foals?
    ISRxknu.jpg

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited June 2023
    @RememberJoy oh ... now that we get to see it side by side - does that mean the unicorn horn is only for foals?
    Edit: haha no. It's just because it's so long. Therefore they moved it down. Now i get it 😅
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,430 Member
    OK, so I sorted out the CAS to get a better idea of how much clothing everyone got (yes, I have no life), and here are the results for those who are interested.

Forgive me if I missed something or put it in the wrong category, there's a lot of stuff to sort through here and these thumbnails are tiny.

There seem to be an awful lot of jackets. I counted 9 for males and 8 for females. I think we will get snowy weather in this world.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    @RememberJoy Thanks for putting all of those together! It really helps to be able to look at the proper categories when they're neatly sorted. Much appreciated. <3

While there are some items I'm kind of "meh" about, there's other items that I'm rather excited for. The hair styles are okay, nothing I love, was hoping there would be more long, Native American styles for men, but I wonder if we'll be getting some in the patch before launch? Since they've been patching in a variety of cultural styles over the years, it would make sense that some of the Native things would be patched to base game and not all locked behind a pack. Here's hoping!

For the CAS in general, I think it's solid. The sort of pear-shaped clothing I probably won't use, those mesh types aren't my preference, BUT.... man, I love a vest, and I'm psyched to see so many vest styles. Can vests come back into style please? Vests and waistcoats? I've been wanting to get some for ages, but they're really hard to find and in such limited styles. I feel like almost anyone looks good in a nice, tailored waistcoat. I know it's not very Occult of me, but I did spend a good deal of my childhood in rural areas, riding my friend's pony and wandering through mountain forests. So there's a little bit of mountain bumpkin in me, I guess, lol. The heart wants what it wants. B)

Anyway, the horse accessories look great! From what I can see so far, I think they did an awesome job on horses in general, and I really look forward to playing with them. I think this will be it, this will be the pack that finally makes me bite the bullet and update my game from Werewolves and face the hell of the extra phone use that was patched in for the High School Pack. I must prepare my game.

*Takes a deep breath* Yes. It is time.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    @RememberJoy oh my - thank you for putting this together!
    This is really helpful and I have no idea why the sims team doesn't do it like this in the first place instead of throwing it all together...

No problem! Yeah, I'm not sure why they throw everything together unsorted, it makes it harder to process what you're getting when it's difficult to tell what belongs to whom.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,994 Member
    edited June 2023
    Horse CAS:

I love all the horse items so theres no point marking I'll probably use them all at some point
    I do however especially love this flower crown so I will keep it for very special honses
    8MAFQS9.png
    and probably yeehaw hat too will only be given to very yeehaw horse but its a vibe
    sId3lZA.png
    he was a punk she did ballet can it get anymore obvious

Sim CAS:

I was trying to narrow it down but tbh its way too hard to tell from just thumbnails :lol:
    some items i liked
    pOfYLcq.png
    as for B/B I honestly find it impossible to narrow it down atm
    but lack of saloon door does make me upsettispaghetti
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I'm wondering about one thing.

What are these? Are these just some decorations or are these something usable?
    d4yyy8qhahhe.png

One seems like a trailer, the other is... a wagon? Or is the other just another gnome decoration?
    That trailer may as well be another food stall though (similar to that one in Eco Lifestyle)...

They may be decorative but from my knowledge of horse events the trailer represents people taking a trailer to events. It serves 2 purposes; it hauls a horse & has a small area that can be used to sleep & change in. The wagon with the gnome is a nod to chuck wagons I'm sure.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,994 Member
    edited June 2023
    one thing i find strange in cas items is that only the guys shirts are dirty are they implying only dudes get dirty at ranch or what :lol:

i guess there could be swatch on the gal shirt too though

also I totally missed the cowprint skirt it should have that for thumbnail cause the bland swatch is making it blend in like item of no fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    I'm looking forward to barrel racing with the horse. When I was little we would visit the state fair & watch the shows. There was a gentleman who would show a horse who had retired from the acting life & the two of them would put on quite a skit.

I remember the barrel racing, the roping, the bull riding & the kids putting their animals through their paces. It would be nice to have some of that in the pack.

It occurred to me that it would also be nice if they did some braided beard styles too.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    I'm going to have to agree with others and say not adding saloon doors was a mistake I also think they should have added in a new interactive community lot object like a mechanical bull so going to bars in this western world could feel unique. Besides the new dance which I like I'm not seeing any new ways I can play bars any different from any other world which is sad they really need to do better expanding the game with expansions they don't add enough game play to make these worlds feel different from each other.

Besides the extreme lack of new interactive game play objects, I think they did a good job on build objects. Great CAS selection as well and 3 new beards this has got to be a record and 2 of them are nice.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 707 Member
    I wonder if we will have rodeos.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Horses are 👌🏼, CAS is good, especially the male items, and to be more specific: the faded and dirty denims, flannels, leather waistcoats, scarves, riding gloves, hats, boots and facial hair.
    Speaking of facial hair, I can't remember whether shaving is part of a pack or if it came with the bodyhair update, but man do I love shaving my dudes and watch them grow massive beards overtime- it just makes my hero's journey feel more authentic and it will be better still when my rugged, smelly outlaws can finally bring their mighty horse companions along on their beardy adventures.
    I wonder if we can store items in saddlebags, such as machetes? Not that it would make much of a difference, but it's the idea that counts. Would be nice if our sim buddies could chew on wheat stems, too.

What I love about BB is that most of it is old-world western, therefore it looks sort of timeless; I can work well with what I’ve seen so far. I’m not at all gone on the modern items, e.g. those huge pointy windows, so whatever contemporary buildings can be demolished in that new world, shall be demolished by me, personally. With the wee bulldozer.

I too hope that werebeasts can ride horses and I also hope that they'll be able to devour miniature sheep & goats - for story telling purposes only, not because I'm a cruel man. After all, werebeasts can have baby chicks for din dins, but then again, they can't eat rabbits for mysterious reasons.

• Options
    edited June 2023
    OK, I'm back. I wasn't going to do the build buy, but one thing led to another and so here it is.

Activities:

It looks looks we're getting some new dance floors, bar (surprise, surprise), an upright piano, and I think a wedding arch?
    7WTKeKD.jpg

A new grill, campfire, nectar making station, and doll house.
    T93HLxM.jpg

A venue wall speaker (country music?) and a new radio.
    QRznA1e.jpg

Equipment to train horses and a trailer. (Possibly for meeting a horse's needs when traveling?)
    wT29ruD.jpg

Comfort:

One bunk, four singles, two doubles, and two sleeping bags.
    HEj5otR.jpg
    8hisKZX.jpg

One rocking chair and bar stool, four assorted chairs, a couple benches and love seats, and one couch.
    AXTOqAu.jpg
    sAjC3S2.jpg

Surfaces

A new counter and cabinet set...
    ws5LWjr.jpg

I'm guessing these are all shelves of some kind, but they could be decor.
    IXcKa4B.jpg

Assorted tables.
    iNaEXrb.jpg
    There seems to be two of these tables in the thumbnails
    W25YB5i.jpg
    hGuJ2MM.jpg

Storage boxes?
    nxZq3Y0.jpg

I'll throw the fireplaces in here since you can probably put stuff on them...
    MKHfeTa.jpg

Plumbing:

A new bathroom set (sans toilet), outhouse, and pee bush.
    kb7bwPc.jpg

Lighting:

Eight new lights.
    tXejQXb.jpg

Decor:

Wall art and rugs...
    t0qzFaA.jpg
    0ipSUHK.jpg

Various decor...
    ohMFi5w.jpg
    S5WwY0X.jpg
    gOT6vte.jpg
    8yuho8p.jpg

Vineyard stuff which may or may not have game play attached...
    xrZylMw.jpg

Build:

Doors, arches and gates...
    htHkMx7.jpg
    hTvdCs2.jpg
    0BlMi29.jpg

Windows...
    Xq0QmbZ.jpg
    J2WDmDZ.jpg
    hhDDZY1.jpg

Floors, walls, and ceilings.
    dV6f5bc.jpg
    oFLzxGi.jpg
    pSyRKtg.jpg

Plants and rocks...
    oGYAavb.jpg

Roof and outdoor wall stuff.
    W6C2J4N.jpg
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,029 Member
    sQsnwCk.png
    I feel like we've seen these before in other packs. The window looks a lot like that one from Growing Together, just adjusted to be smaller.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,107 Member
    And with all of their reusing assets, we still don't have loveseats that match sofas, or toilets to bathrooms, or kitchen counters to cupboards....some of us do like to MATCH, Maxis lmao.
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited June 2023
    Definitely a really good set of CAS here.

However;

I think there needed to be a lot more variations on the cowboy hat.

Doesn't make sense to me why the English technical shirt and riding tights are a full body outfit instead of separate items, or that it doesn't have a female equivalent.

English kinda got the short end of the stick here.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Holy shamoly, great googly moogly, now that I can see the build/buy stuff, I'm loving it! I can see so many uses for a lot of those items and the wood textures are right up my alley, especially the nice, dark walnut colors. And is that a writing desk I see? Please tell me it's a writing desk, I love a writing desk! No lie, I just got a second one in my house because they're that awesome. <3

Some of that furniture would look great in some of my less elaborate Victorian homes, and it will work with the Vampires and Strangerville packs at the very least. I also see a lot of timeless potential, as others have pointed out, and can't wait until the medieval tavern builds start appearing in the Gallery! Water pump, outhouse, barrels, piano, furniture, lanterns, old chandeliers and radio... give it here, Malfoy!

Aargh! I wish so bad that we had a world editing tool! I would swap out so many things with some of this stuff and it would be glorious! Now, I just need a good, functioning graveyard...
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited June 2023
    Gordy wrote: »
    sQsnwCk.png
    I feel like we've seen these before in other packs. The window looks a lot like that one from Growing Together, just adjusted to be smaller.

I have the same feeling with the shower (OR) and the table lamp that looks as if it is portable (Ja).

@RememberJoy thank you for sorting the items thematically. It really helps to spot items. I had overlooked the sleeping bags
    Post edited by Atreya33 on
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2023
    Everything looks great, but I'm disappointed at:

- the lack of a matching old fashioned wooden high-flush toilet to match the rustic wood tub, shower, and sink
    - no swinging saloon door
    - no matching loveseat to the couch and armchair (again)
    - I would have preferred an old wooden residential outhouse (single tile rabbithole) instead of (yet another) pee bush

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,430 Member

Doors, arches and gates...
    htHkMx7.jpg
    hTvdCs2.jpg
    0BlMi29.jpg

Can't believe they made a western themed town and didn't give us a proper saloon door. It wouldn't even require new animations.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    @RememberJoy I can never tell what the items are when they're listed in a jumble and so small. Thank you so much for organizing them!

I will definitely be referring back to your post.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Is this it I wonder? Its just there are 4 different gate styles there and no fences!
    I mean one def looks like a stable door but the other 3 look like they should have fences to go with them.....kinda pointless if they dont have matching fences.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,410 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Is this it I wonder? Its just there are 4 different gate styles there and no fences!
    I mean one def looks like a stable door but the other 3 look like they should have fences to go with them.....kinda pointless if they dont have matching fences.

@dogzdinner I remember Deligracy pointing out a new fence in her trailer reaction video. Could it be that there are fences and they just don't show in the cataloque (not all build items show)?
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited June 2023
    musteni wrote: »
    @dogzdinner I remember Deligracy pointing out a new fence in her trailer reaction video. Could it be that there are fences and they just don't show in the cataloque (not all build items show)?

yes, I think they are just not on the list. I went back and looked at the trailer and there look to be 3 new fences that I could see that were on built lots and 2 of them seemed to match the gates!

Looking back at the trailer its a shame they didnt include a functional well. I know you have the one from Get Famous(?) but one you could collect water from would of been a nice addition.

Post edited by dogzdinner on