Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your thoughts on the items of the Horse Ranch pack

Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
Sims Community reavealed the item list for the Horse Ranch pack in this post.
What are your thoughts?
What do you like? What do you miss? What do you hate?
I put the images with the items under the spoiler.
You maybe could refer to a specific item by 'CAS pic 2, row 5, column 9' or just desribe it ^^'

CAS pic 2, row 5, column 9 is the unicorn horn - and I like it! ^^'
Even though it might be not a real unicorn with special abilities and just deco. I can work with that ;)

CAS Items
sims-4-horse-ranch-items-1.jpeg

sims-4-horse-ranch-items-7.jpeg

sims-4-horse-ranch-items-6.jpeg

Build/Buy Items
sims-4-horse-ranch-items-5.jpeg

sims-4-horse-ranch-items-3.jpeg

sims-4-horse-ranch-items-4.jpeg

sims-4-horse-ranch-items-2.jpeg
d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨

Comments

• Options

What I can't understand is: Why is there no saloon door?
    What is a western pack without a saloon door?
    If we can't walk into a saloon through a saloon dor the whole pack is - disappointing.
    Yeah but I knew that already ^^' The animations you now.
    610d34af2a24d0001862091a?width=1136&format=jpeg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,102 Member
    I would love saloon doors too! And more wine storage options, and some more vintage looking clothes for those who want to play a more old west-theme game play. I would have loved to incorporate that in the decades challenge. I could go without the cow hide furniture, I hope they have other swatches that are more neutral.

On the other hand I do like more sleeping bags, these look a lot more rustic which I like. I also like the general look of a lot of the objects and love the new bbq. More rough wooden walls and more dirty clothes are also much appreciated.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    edited June 2023
    As I said in another thread, CAS will fit very well with Cottage Living and ESPECIALLY Strangerville which also went down the American country vibe. One of the tops reminds me of Goopy GilsCarbo from The Sims 2 and I'm kinda hoping he'll be in the new world just because of that.

Not a big build mode fan but I can also see it working well with the aforementioned packs as well as the Country Kitchen kit, since other than the new counters and cabinets (which seem to be part of a set with the new bar...?) it has no new kitchen items (which is fine, not every pack needs to have one).

Also, rocking chairs becoming less and less of a Nifty Knitting exclusive as time goes on... Not too fond of that but it's nice getting new styles at least.

EDIT: Also new woohoo bush it seems.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    For the Clothes: I can't imagine my Sims in any of them. It's just too specific.

For the Hair: CAS pic 1, row 2, column 9 looks familiar to the ones we already have(?) (the third in the pic below for example)
    and there are no new hair for native americans(?) I'm quite sure that the hair on the pic in the middle is a basegame women's hair because it's Vlad's hairstyle ;) so the hairstyle in the first pic below is also a basegame hair or did I just not see it in the list?
    38871ab1e6654178c095a223b435f8d2eaf8ed48.jpg

For the Build Mode: I love the weathered wood walls <3

For the Buy Mode I like that the furniture can be used in any vintage build.
    So I will redecorate my Escargot Winery.
    I love almost everything from Build/Buy pic 2 and that the horse boxes are customizable (that was so annoying in Sims 3 ^^')

My favourites:
    Finally window shutters!
    And the little stable for the goats/sheep! I probably won't use it often, I'm always short on space so I will use the hay patch instead.
    3ba5a15170fe3411ed858286425cc79f7b8b3a3e.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,299 Member
    My favorites.

Can't wait to redecorate my kitchen. 😍
    And all the clutter items.

The problem with playing one family is I don't always get a chance to appreciate all the build/buy objects. I do try to utilize as much as possible in community lots and sometimes I'll go around and a do a bit of redecorating in my extended family homes. So I can see stuff when my played family visits.
  • Options
    GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I like the new wood textures and there's some nice looking stuff in there. I'm a bit sad there isn't any dressage CAS, though. I get it's a western theme, but I would've liked a pair of equestrian boots and a set of riding clothes along with it.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,961 Member
    I'm wondering about one thing.

What are these? Are these just some decorations or are these something usable?
    d4yyy8qhahhe.png

One seems like a trailer, the other is... a wagon? Or is the other just another gnome decoration?
    That trailer may as well be another food stall though (similar to that one in Eco Lifestyle)...
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,611 Member
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »
    For the Clothes: I can't imagine my Sims in any of them. It's just too specific.

For the Hair: CAS pic 1, row 2, column 9 looks familiar to the ones we already have(?) (the third in the pic below for example)
    and there are no new hair for native americans(?) I'm quite sure that the hair on the pic in the middle is a basegame women's hair because it's Vlad's hairstyle ;) so the hairstyle in the first pic below is also a basegame hair or did I just not see it in the list?

I love almost everything from Build/Buy pic 2 and that the horse boxes are customizable (that was so annoying in Sims 3 ^^')

My favourites:
    Finally window shutters!
    And the little stable for the goats/sheep! I probably won't use it often, I'm always short on space so I will use the hay patch instead.

Hairs #2 and #3 are either base game or from a different pack (more likely base game). The braids in hair #1 are likely going to be a game update addition of some kind, I imagine.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @EgonVM The first seems to be a horse carrier to transport horses, but since we have no cars I guess it is just deco (you can see them 01:47 in the trailer to the right/bottom of the screen).
    The second is the horse pack's gnome. I've seen him in the trailer (minute 01:12 to the left).
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,514 Member
    edited June 2023
    I really like the outfit of the sims on the far left. It turns out to be a seperate top and skirt but I will use it in that combo
    ss_4c312d36f8831be94b3c60521033611b2e655bd4.1920x1080-1536x864.jpg

I am also interested in the clothes that seem to be seperate from the closet. I hope they can be interchanged with the ones we have from dream home decorator
    dNf0zK2.png

I also like the following items.
    BZsHms5.png

I hope the red barn item is a new dollhouse and the old radio is functional.

Not included in the picture but also very interesting are the various barrel decorations (fits great with medieval builds), a chandelier (hopefully off the grid compatible) and the new kitchen

I also see 2 double beds, 3 single beds and a bunk bed which is a lot of beds. I like them though I would have preferred one less single bed and a toddler bed instead.

Some items look kind of familiar. The shower reminds me of the outdoor retreat one, the (portable?) lantern reminds me of the jungle adventure one.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,192 Member
    I totally love most of the hairstyles in Horse Ranch & totally love most of the objects.🥰
    I am a bit concerned that they put in the Base short Afro hairstyle in the Horse Ranch CAS & missing the long North American Braids hairstyle.☹️
    As for the missing Saloon Door that’s not in Sims 4 Horse Ranch, if memory serves, I seem to remember Sims 3 Saloon Doors weren’t introduced in Sims 3 Pets but in
    Sims 3 Movie Stuff.🧐 So, I’m thinking that the missing Saloon Door may come into a Kit. It’s just a guess?😉
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,169 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Lenny_Ogg wrote: »

My favourites:
    Finally window shutters!

Hairs #2 and #3 are either base game or from a different pack (more likely base game). The braids in hair #1 are likely going to be a game update addition of some kind, I imagine.

Hair #3 is from Laundry Day if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Not really a fan of the CAS as its really too themed for me (although the jumpsuits and hankerchief top are giving 70's vibes which Im here for!!LOL).
    I honestly dont think there is much more then can do for hairstyles TBH unless they go for some epic braided ones, I mean they have really all been done before. Id rather they gave something like more skin details instead....maybe bruises from all that falling off horses!

I love the BB though. Its going to work great with historical or off-the-grid plays, also anything farmingself sufficiency related which I love.
    Im a big fan of the kitchen cabinets. My one gripe with our current country kitchens is that they didnt come in any plain wood tones and it seems like this pack is all about the plain wood tones!
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,611 Member
    edited June 2023
    The items aren't bad, but they definitely feel like stuff we've already had before? Especially the hairs.

I enjoy the facial hair though. And the horse customization options are cute.
  • Options
    @Atreya33 Oh you might be right about the dollhouse! I thought it was the barn for the goats and sheep ^^'
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 975 Member
    Spotted the trailer. It looks so much like my Brenderup, I’ve got to chuckle a bit.

Pretty much like most of what I see, if not all of it.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    Loving pretty much all of it. Hard to choose favs but I do <3 the player piano. Had one for years. Also the old radio (hoping it works). A little hard to tell from pictures but I am hoping there are "proper" jeans. Not a fan of what we currently have. Yup you just can't take the country out of this old girl no how. :wink:
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,529 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Loving pretty much all of it. Hard to choose favs but I do <3 the player piano. Had one for years. Also the old radio (hoping it works). A little hard to tell from pictures but I am hoping there are "proper" jeans. Not a fan of what we currently have. Yup you just can't take the country out of this old girl no how. :wink:

All the jeans appear to be dirty or torn tough. The cowboy boots look nice.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,299 Member
    Love this rocking chair. Can't wait to see the additional wood and pillow colors.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,238 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »

All the jeans appear to be dirty or torn tough. The cowboy boots look nice.

Actually I like these two. There are some bell/flare ones that are okay as well but not quite what I wanted. Good for an "urban cowgirl " maybe.

7sYeTYu.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 yes, that's a rocking chair for a man! (my male sims avoid the rocking chairs because they are so granny style and uncool 😅)

@Bluegayle
    Whith every new pack I hope for some good jeans but the Boys still wear the base game jeans 😭
    Or they are just too perfect ;)
    80e9a50d9e56cddc94578b18eaa5866e2342db78.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,514 Member
    Love this rocking chair. Can't wait to see the additional wood and pillow colors.

It is very nice to see there is also a rocking chair for those who are not in time for me exclusive objects
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited June 2023
    While I'm excited for the pack I think the style is rather niche... I mean it fits the theme and I will probably use it on some sims, but I don't feel very delighted looking at the items list. Of course we're only seeing small images versus actual in game items, so that also affects how good it looks. The horse CAS I think it's great and I love all of it.

Here's my top 5 CAS & top 5 BB from the rest:
    Ip919PZ.png

Edit: My eyes skimmed over the new kitchen set and BBQ, I do like those a lot!
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    OK, so I sorted out the CAS to get a better idea of how much clothing everyone got (yes, I have no life), and here are the results for those who are interested.

Forgive me if I missed something or put it in the wrong category, there's a lot of stuff to sort through here and these thumbnails are tiny.

Let's start with kids.

Kids kind of got the short end of the stick in this pack, understandable since they featured heavily in the last one.

Infants only have one new full bodied outfit, while toddlers have four new items.
    q9gLkH0.jpg

Children have five hairstyles, two hats, one pair of boots, three tops and two bottoms.
    PWWYG9x.jpg
    KP6PlNp.jpg
    ThRB45o.jpg

Next let's do the guys.

Guys have six new hairstyles and three facial hairs...
    z68M7Ae.jpg
    y5w2X5g.jpg

Nineteen new tops...
    Np3eWXh.jpg
    oB065lO.jpg
    JRWUeAc.jpg

Three bottoms and four full outfits.
    xYRHVuq.jpg
    2ZD9B8t.jpg

Now for the gals.

Four new hairstyles (not including the unisex hairs)...
    g2sVq7o.jpg

Eighteen new tops...
    9LgKkVu.jpg
    MIkAz3i.jpg
    e2cLlJx.jpg

Eight bottoms...
    ra5dDzF.jpg
    p1iRDAj.jpg

And six full body outfits.
    X5dT17E.jpg

Last we'll do the accessories.

Two new earrings, three neck accessories, one pair of gloves...
    w6GLS9d.jpg

Six hats and five pairs of boots.
    QW0GVN7.jpg
    6t8zhOj.jpg

Wow, this has gotten long and I haven't even touched horses yet; I think I'll do a separate post going over their stuff.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,918 Member
    I was hoping we were getting the landline phone and I cannot see it here. :(