Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What feature needs to be in The Sims 5 on release?

Comments

• Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Open world
    I didn't buy Sims 4 because it did not have the open worlds. I mean it was also cheaply made and lacked swimming pools, toddlers, cars, and a whole bunch of other stuff too, but the no open world thing, that was a deal breaker. I've been playing sims since Sims 1 and each generation is supposed to be better than the last. Emotions was the thing they advertised TS4 on, and I've been playing with them since it became free to play. It isn't that cool. We had moodlets and a single "emotional" scale in TS3 too.
    Color Wheel was already practically confirmed in the demo they gave at the one expo. That I'd consider a near tie to the open worlds thing, but since it's confirmed, I'll vote for Open Worlds.

I'd also like to trumpet what others have said. If this version is missing components that we usually get in base game, most of us will just go over to your newest competitors to see what they have to offer. Yeah, you heard me right. EA now has competition in the Life Sim Game Genre. It's all over You-Tube.

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Seasons
    I want Create A World back - or Create A Neighborhood, or whatever. Control, control, control - in MY hands. Otherwise, I want the basics of the most requested features in base game - pets, seasons, university etc. Tired of the same packs over and over again.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Pre-Teen life stage
    I voted for pre-teen lifestage because I think every lifestage should be there at launch. I'm glad I came to Sims 4 after toddlers were added!
  • Options
    OrangemonOrangemon Posts: 16 Member
    Other
    I want to be able to have multiple households on one lot functionality in sims5 without having to use other gaming systems or mods as a backend to that. Then I can build nice functional apartment complexes.

And I want to be able to build residential and commercial types on the same lot by default functionality in sims5. That way I can make more realistic urban settings that actually function properly.

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited March 2023
    Seasons
    Many games provide weather as a "basegame" feature.

Maybe not the 4 seasons but at least a basic weather for the basegame worlds.
    Rain and thunderstorm for the lush world, heatwave and sandstorm for the desert world.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    "Life by you" will be out before Sims 5 so whatever they come up with Sims 5 has to improve and Life by You has both driveable vehicles (both by player and simulation) as well as an open world
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Open world
    Has to be open world. I will even take open neighborhoods if they consist of at least 10 lots and the lots and surrounding areas are in depth and very interactable.
  • Options
    StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    Color wheel
    sunnycakes wrote: »
    A lot of people have been begging for specific features to be in The Sims 4, such as a Pre-Teen life stage, a color wheel, and many more. I made this poll because I'm curious.

I definitely agree with a color wheel and a Pre-Teen life stage. Particularly the Pre-Teen life stage because it dosen't make sense for a kid that's like 8 or 9 to suddenly turn into a 15 year old teen. I imagine the Pre-Teen going to middle school and being around 11-13. I also think that height sliders might be a nice addition.

I also would like to see specific ages (like number ages instead of the life stages we already have) but it's very unlikely we're gonna get that. Also, while this is kind of off-topic, I would like to see a cartoony style rather than a hyperrealistic style, for two reasons: Reason 1 being that my laptop will crash, and Reason 2 being that I simply prefer stylized cartoons over realism.

Colour wheel imo although it would be nice to have basic weather as in rain and cloudy days. Add snow, wind, lightening, hail and all the rest in seasons. Seems silly that most other games come with weather and imo the base game should be a complete game that doesn't need to be expanded and anything that comes out later is a added bonus. Shame that the sims team/EA don't view it that way.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    Color wheel
    I need both, a color wheel AND open world. Sims4 looks great but.... I already played sims1 and 2.

Seriously, that's what it feels like. A million recolors and loading screens? Count me out.

• Options
    MondeskindMondeskind Posts: 3 New Member
    Open world
    I feel so trapped without the open world and I remember how disapointed I was about the loading screens. I want the ability to create a world like in sims 2 or sims 3, where I could put trees or decorations anywhere and decide where a lot should be.
  • Options
    ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    Open world
    I want at least three worlds with various terrain types (lakes, mountains, snowy tundra, desert, savannah). I want those worlds to have their own types of wildlife and resources so travel is needed, and more rewarding. I feel the houses in these worlds should be well-designed to show Sims actually living in them.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    Other
    Bring back the aspiration meter and Wants & Fears. It's meaningful and adds consequence/challenge.

jlmn7jhtp580.png
    zkxm9xo7e5fs.png
    ufdzdkoe1z3d.png
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Color wheel
    Bring back the aspiration meter and Wants & Fears. It's meaningful and adds consequence/challenge.

jlmn7jhtp580.png
    zkxm9xo7e5fs.png
    ufdzdkoe1z3d.png

I’d forgotten about how awful seeing cockroaches were for Neat Sims! Aspiration failure was an event! 😳

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    All lifestage
    Newborn
    Infant
    Toddler
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    YA
    A
    Middle aged
    Elder.
    Pools, pool table,
    No limited lots
    Just not what Sims 4 has to offer as a base game.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    Other

jlmn7jhtp580.png
    zkxm9xo7e5fs.png
    ufdzdkoe1z3d.png

I’d forgotten about how awful seeing cockroaches were for Neat Sims! Aspiration failure was an event! 😳

Yes! There's a lot of depth to the Wants & Fears system. The way the team tried to implement it for the Sims 4 just doesn't work. I hope that they can bring it to the next level in Sims 5.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    James1982James1982 Posts: 4 New Member
    Other
    I, for one, would not welcome a multiplayer aspect to this game. If there is ideas of it, make it a spin-off. Or, make it something less intrusive, maybe asking for and allowing some assets from other's installs to be downloaded into another? Something like the 'gallery' where you can have some of the Sims, lots or items be automatically downloaded into your own game at some kind of random interval, amount or type. Still preserve the ability to manually initiate a download.
    Maybe revamp the modding aspect. Make it a little more accessible to "the average user" and more fleshed out UI friendly tools.
    Lastly, I like games that have long-play in mind. I always turn on the expanded age for Sims. I would like to see more transitions of age as well. There is a huge difference of a teen as a freshman in high school to a teen as a senior in high school. Adult life should be split in three, before the elder/retirement age. I am 41. Looking back to when I was 20 to now, things are different enough. If the trend continues, I imagine things will be just as different at 60.
  • Options
    Blue_Ash123Blue_Ash123 Posts: 3 New Member
    Other
    It would be nice to have the ability to play as the sim rather than ordering it around. (Like it was in Sims 2). I don't care if we can have slanted pillows on the couch. I care about the actual gameplay.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Seasons
    I’m literally praying and begging and crying for open world for Sims 5. It was so much fun in Sims 3 and adds so much more depth to the game. I can have some members of my household at home, meanwhile others are out at a park, or going bar hopping. It annoys me so much that if one sim in my household goes to the park, the rest of my household has to follow them like stalkers, or stay home and do nothing for hours. If I get bored controlling one sim, I can just tab to another sim and instantly have something different to do, without any wait or loading screen.

Besides, it’s just more fun to be able to interact with the whole world. In Sims 4, you’re limited to activities on/near your lot, but in Sims 3, you could literally do any activity you want. Wanna workout without workout equipment in your house? Go to the gym. Meanwhile. In Sims 4, it’s either go to the gym and wait through a loading screen, or just don’t workout.

Taking your sims to places in TS3 wasn't instant, you still had to wait for the sim to travel all across the neighbourhood to get there. I find the loading screen in TS4 less annoying and faster than waiting for the sims to move from one lot to another in the open neighbourhood. Nothing prevents you from going to the gym in TS4 except your unwillingness to go through the loading screen.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Other
    The clothes should be designed to fit male/female/other bodyframe from the start, because in TS4 it was added later and the result is wonky meshes.
  • Options
    Sarah26CatSarah26Cat Posts: 169 Member
    Open world
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I’m literally praying and begging and crying for open world for Sims 5. It was so much fun in Sims 3 and adds so much more depth to the game. I can have some members of my household at home, meanwhile others are out at a park, or going bar hopping. It annoys me so much that if one sim in my household goes to the park, the rest of my household has to follow them like stalkers, or stay home and do nothing for hours. If I get bored controlling one sim, I can just tab to another sim and instantly have something different to do, without any wait or loading screen.

Besides, it’s just more fun to be able to interact with the whole world. In Sims 4, you’re limited to activities on/near your lot, but in Sims 3, you could literally do any activity you want. Wanna workout without workout equipment in your house? Go to the gym. Meanwhile. In Sims 4, it’s either go to the gym and wait through a loading screen, or just don’t workout.

Taking your sims to places in TS3 wasn't instant, you still had to wait for the sim to travel all across the neighbourhood to get there. I find the loading screen in TS4 less annoying and faster than waiting for the sims to move from one lot to another in the open neighbourhood. Nothing prevents you from going to the gym in TS4 except your unwillingness to go through the loading screen.

In the Sims 3 there were cars and taxi's for when you had to travel. Sims didn't walk to the end of the street to get to a loading screen. Loading Screens break the immersion. I don't mind them if your going to a different world altogether, but to go down the street, I'd rather they just drive or walk there.

In Sims 3 you'd have to be playing in a custom neighborhood without roadways, or with serious mods for it to not generate a taxi to take you to your destination.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    edited June 2023
    Seasons
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »

In the Sims 3 there were cars and taxi's for when you had to travel. Sims didn't walk to the end of the street to get to a loading screen. Loading Screens break the immersion. I don't mind them if your going to a different world altogether, but to go down the street, I'd rather they just drive or walk there.

In Sims 3 you'd have to be playing in a custom neighborhood without roadways, or with serious mods for it to not generate a taxi to take you to your destination.

I played TS3 enough to know that cars were there and, while they travelled faster to your destination than walking, it would still take a while to get there. Not to mention those times when sims decided to drive to the lot down the street instead of just walk there and they took a really long route round the neighbourhood because of the way the roads worked. And, yeah, walking to the end of the street to go to a loading screen, I don't have time for that either. I go straight for loading screen and not just because my sims tend to fall asleep in the road.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    If not an open world at least an open neighborhood like for apartments instead of it just being one individual lot it's open where you can knock on doors without a loading screen or knock on neighbors without a loading screen.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2023
    Color wheel
    Sarah26Cat wrote: »

Sims 2 and 3 had the taxi system. (Can’t remember if they came in 1).

I don’t get why they opted in Sims 4 for them to walk outside and just vanish.
    I would have at least preferred some sort of transport pad they step on. At the very least walk into the distance rather than just stepping right outside and disappearing.

I usually angle the walls so I can’t see this and pretend they’re walking off.

Sims 2 has loading screens to go anywhere and after playing 3 I struggle with them. 4 should have had open neighbourhoods rather than the whole world. It would be the happy medium.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    ProvidentiaProvidentia Posts: 25 Member
    Open world
    1. Open neighborhoods (open world can be toggled)

2. Exclusive gallery filters instead of inclusive. That way you see lots only with the content you own.

3. No long pauses between tasks. My sim doesn't need to stand in front of the coffee table for 20min before they get food.

4. Improved evil or good personality paths. How come only kleptomaniac sims cam steal?

5. Not getting notifications for every sim in a household. I want to be able to play as just one sim in a household. That means not seeing a red highlight for angry sims who aren't the sim I am taking care of in the household.

6. Disappointing occurrences: getting mailbox attacked, delivery drivers never showing up with food, getting robbed, house fires, flat tires, roof repairs, finding out you weren't invited to a friend's party, food poisoning, broken bones, etc.

7. Parents can ban stuff for their child sims.

8. Reinstate curfew for children where police come pick them up.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Open world
    Open World.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg