Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Growing Together Negative Thread

Comments

• Options
    DameGiggsyDameGiggsy Posts: 416 Member
    My biggest issue with the new EP is the world itself. I’m struggling to find any fishing spots. Am I blind (this is totally possible, BTW) or aren’t there places to fish here? It’s winter in my game so I can’t fish anywhere else as it’s too cold. :/
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    DameGiggsy wrote: »
    My biggest issue with the new EP is the world itself. I’m struggling to find any fishing spots. Am I blind (this is totally possible, BTW) or aren’t there places to fish here? It’s winter in my game so I can’t fish anywhere else as it’s too cold. :/

the neighborhood where the "waterpark" is has about 2-3 fishing spots!
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Another shell that could have been an actual lot. :cry:
    Ftda7Pv.png

That house is so beautiful. I've always wanted a house with access to a water body like in sulani, but in another world, to make a lake house for example. I don't understand why they never implement these new features in other worlds. That image being a shell makes me sad.
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one that this bothers but recently I made a family in CAS and basically in short I wanted to have a mom and three kids, and a grandparent. I originally wanted to have the grandparent be the mom's father in law but I couldn't figure out how to select it easily. And with Growing Together I wish they had added more family relations options in CAS. I also think there are a lot of houses they could have made lots and some of them of are so PRETTY its just sad they're just background filler.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited March 2023
    I'm not sure if I'm the only one that this bothers but recently I made a family in CAS and basically in short I wanted to have a mom and three kids, and a grandparent. I originally wanted to have the grandparent be the mom's father in law but I couldn't figure out how to select it easily. And with Growing Together I wish they had added more family relations options in CAS. I also think there are a lot of houses they could have made lots and some of them of are so PRETTY it’s just sad they're just background filler.
    It annoys me so much how they didn’t add more relationships for family trees!!! The sims 3 recognizes parent-in-laws, sibling-in-laws and step parents/kids and i love that. The lack of relationship complexity in TS4 gets quite annoying considering this pack is literally about different family relationships.
  • Options
    ItsGamerRachItsGamerRach Posts: 42 Member
    > @Coconut27 said:
    > It annoys me so much how they didn’t add more relationships for family trees!!! The sims 3 recognizes parent-in-laws, sibling-in-laws and step parents/kids and i love that. The lack of relationship complexity in TS4 gets quite annoying considering this pack is literally about different family relationships.

Exactly! I wasn't the biggest Sims 3 player because it never wanted to work on my PC properly but the family and memory system was something that I really liked from it. And I feel like while the milestones are good, they could have done it more like the Sims 3 as well as the family trees. I also wish there was more custody/divorce options. Like I'm not saying we need a Growing Apart pack but I'm am saying that it would be a useful pack for the occasional storytelling opportunity😅
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    Future wrote: »
    I think they should make the $5 kits be world packs and then the actual expansion and game packs they offer could focus specifically on the gameplay and activities and enhancements.

Well I would love to see world packs, but many buy the expansion mostly for the worlds, so EA would end up losing money that way. Just like the diaper changer and infant milestones are tied to growing together, so some will buy the pack for those “extra’s”.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    I just wish my sim's friends/relatives would stop asking to move in and then getting hurt sentiments when I tell them no. It's worse than the unwanted boyfriend/girlfriend solicitation.

I actually added a module to my callandvisittweak that stops the negative sentiment from denying a request to move in.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Future wrote: »
    I think they should make the $5 kits be world packs and then the actual expansion and game packs they offer could focus specifically on the gameplay and activities and enhancements.

Well I would love to see world packs, but many buy the expansion mostly for the worlds, so EA would end up losing money that way. Just like the diaper changer and infant milestones are tied to growing together, so some will buy the pack for those “extra’s”.

I bought many packs specifically for the additional world lol
  • Options
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    DameGiggsy wrote: »

the neighborhood where the "waterpark" is has about 2-3 fishing spots!
    I think I saw a fishing sign on a little pier at the other lake in San Sequoia as well.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    Elisdream wrote: »
    Ftda7Pv.png

That house is so beautiful. I've always wanted a house with access to a water body like in sulani, but in another world, to make a lake house for example. I don't understand why they never implement these new features in other worlds. That image being a shell makes me sad.

I don’t know the exact reason why but I would guess that they don’t want to put selling points of other packs (build on water, build an apartment etc) in a new pack. They’d have to assume that not everyone had island living so they’d need to create new assets or take some of the IL assets for this pack.

I do think it would be nice if you had all the packs that you can have water houses and apartments in all the worlds but I guess this is a problem with not all players having access to all the things.
  • Options
    JustinB113 wrote: »
    Elisdream wrote: »
    Ftda7Pv.png

I don’t know the exact reason why but I would guess that they don’t want to put selling points of other packs (build on water, build an apartment etc) in a new pack. They’d have to assume that not everyone had island living so they’d need to create new assets or take some of the IL assets for this pack.

I do think it would be nice if you had all the packs that you can have water houses and apartments in all the worlds but I guess this is a problem with not all players having access to all the things.

Well, they did put apartments in eco living after city living, so I assume they could do that again, and they do put swimming areas in lakes, rivers etc. now in other worlds after ocean swimming was introduced in Island living. I don’t see how it would hurt to make one lot over the water that we could build on stilts, or make look like a houseboat. But, they did put a lot of relationship considerations ( gameplay ) in growing together, so I guess we are lucky to get a world, though I wish it could have been 5 lots in each neighborhood rather than 4. One thing I like about Windenburg is that it has so many lots, and, so much of the world to explore as well. I wish they would make all worlds that size, but I guess they are concerned about computer performance with bigger worlds. I have never had any problems with Windenburg though for all of it’s size.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023
    I just wish they’d put a world in every second or third expansion, that it was a big world with more lots, various things to do and the main focus of the pack. And then the other ones have that team just focus on gameplay systems and items instead of a world.

Or make it so expansions have a world and game packs don’t unless it’s something like Batuu or Granite Falls. Realm of Magic didn’t need Glimmerbrook for example, just a way to get to the realm.

But I think the community is really split on this. Builders like worlds to build in regardless of if they’re fun to play in or not which i understand. But personally I would rather they spent all the time on San Sequoia on a lemonade stand instead, and I’d just raise my family in Brindleton Bay and make lots of lemonade. 😁
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am just tired of worlds that are beautiful but have very few building options and mostly empty buildings as a backdrop that offer no gameplay. I want bustling worlds where I can have community lots and residential so my sims so can really live in the world. I prefer the rabbit holes like in Sims 3 for downtown areas rather than the beautiful but empty buildings they have. How can my sims enjoy the area by only being able to look at the background buildings and not use them? I want more cross-compatibility with gameplay in the packs, i.e. swimming in waters in all the worlds, hiking and the new group walking in all worlds, etc. These are awesome activities but you have to go to specific locations to enjoy them. I am really happy about the infants and some of the new gameplay, but am having difficulty motivating myself to play.
  • Options
    DameGiggsyDameGiggsy Posts: 416 Member
    Definitely hoping the new Sims game will be open world like TS3. And maybe get horses back.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    Played one family longer than I usually do, and they keep getting new traits, etc. But it bugs me that every time I go to give my toddler who loves water a bath, I get asked if they should have a strict dynamic. Also every time my sims use the vacuum they get offered the Neat trait. A bit of overkill.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    *Sim lives a comfortable life.*

Notification: "Man, your Sim is having such a great time! Maybe he should have the Cheerful trait!"

*pops up for like three completely different Sims at the same time, the moment I open my save, almost every single time I play*

Yeah.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    cazzizzlecazzizzle Posts: 3 New Member
    I'd like to start by saying I absolutely love Growing Together, in principle it's one of the best packs we've ever had. However, there's a massive glitch that's spoiling my enjoyment of this pack. Infants are becoming quite literally attached to their caregivers, they are meant to be on a playmat or in a cot, yet they're being dragged around by their caregiver (the last person to give them care). Is everyone else experiencing this? Is there a patch coming for it? Ok so secondly, I absolutely 100% agree with everyone who says there were opportunities for more building lot's than we got, it's such a beautiful world and yet it seems so empty? I want to keep the families already living there but I also wanted to move some of my legacy Sims into lot's too, but there aren't enough lots. I know it's all about system requirements etc.. but how come Windenburg was so big and this is so small? I guess I'm lucky that I bought a new future proof PC last summer, but still surely another 3 or 4 lot's wouldn't take up that much RAM or whatever? xoxox ~ Carol (Silvermoon68 on the gallery) I'm a lurker and don't post much lol x
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Does anyone else have this issue? I make sure all my infants needs are max green. Then I leave with a parent for a short trip, when I get back the infant is on the floor and her needs are very bad. For me they are not getting taken care of at all if I'm not there. This has been happening in every save and every time I leave.
  • Options
    Kai252018Kai252018 Posts: 76 Member
    What's the point of all that water in the world if we can only use a small amount! Really Pathetic!!
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,936 Member
    A little longer playing with the pack and WOW is it still excessive how aggressively new traits want to be applied.

Have Sim workout: slips on treadmill once. "Are you clusmsy? Are you!?", Sim finishes workout and starts walking to shower, starts showing "You are a slob now, yes?" it then proceeds to pop up twice while said Sim is still showering.

Not helped this is the first save I've started with a house of 3 instead of a single Sim, getting way too many popups all too often when someones working out.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    This is why I chose not to get the pack. Some features are cute but after 8 years I still mainly play young adults not families.

When Vampires first came out the behaviour was very persistent. It was nerfed.

I think going in the middle is a better default choice with features.

Better still have the player choose the frequency in the options.

Give more pop ups.
    Give some pop ups.
    Give no pop ups.

🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    That's bizarre. I've been playing with 8 young adults, 8 sim days so far and not a single pop up.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,234 Member
    edited April 2023
    Stay Over, Self Discovery, Family Dynamic, NPC Relationship Autonomy, Likes & Dislikes, Neighborhood Stories and Character Values pop ups.

Personally they don't bother me, I like them.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on